• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Shulk with blue hair would be kind of weird, but I could see Issac and Saki with blue hair. Well, depending on the shade of blue. A dark blue seems to be more "natural" looking then something along the lines of a baby blue.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
In an alternate universe, Saki, Isaac, and Shulk have blue hair, and everyone from FE are blondies.
Don't forget Link!
And Toon Link
And Young Link
And CDi Link
And Classic Link
And Zora/Goron/Deku Link
And Bunny Link
And best of all, the Link in Minish Cap that hasn't appeared yet!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
A blonde Takamaru would remind me of this guy:

Seriously, is Aoi Sekai no Chushin de the closest thing we have to a Super Smash anime? :c

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I guess my Console Bot moveset is irrelevent now. If anyone wants to see it, PM me. Or if I get enough requests, then I'll post it here.

Mr. Game and Watch with white hair? :troll:

But seriously, let's discuss DLC Characters, if any, or maybe discuss the characters of Smash 5? Idk, just trying to start a discussion.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
All I'm hoping is that they do not hold back characters for DLC...especially if it's paid. But Nintendo does have somewhat good ethics when it comes to DLC, so I have faith in them.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At best, I'd imagine character DLC being regulated to essentially clone characters akin to Dr. Mario. Nothing particularly game changing in terms of deals, ether you get it or don't and nothing would really be effected.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
All I'm hoping is that they do not hold back characters for DLC...especially if it's paid. But Nintendo does have somewhat good ethics when it comes to DLC, so I have faith in them.
I believe they made a statement saying that they would never hold back content for DLC when its supposed to be on the disk. Nothing makes me more angry in a game than day one DLC and micro transactions. I think everyone would be too much in an uproar if nintendo went back on their word. I think we're safe in this situation.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Still don't understand why people support him. He's not really interesting at all, imo. (Please dont quote me on this). And giving him things from the game (ducks, the blaster) could be done for essentially any character. It seems to me the core of his support is because:
"He's retro, a Nintendo IP, and could use the ducks!"
Other than that, basically his whole moveset will be spins and kicks, and random stuff that dogs do. Not saying it's bad, but when people like Mach Rider and Takamaru are in the fray with potentially awesome movesets, (samurai swordstyle, shurikens, a bike, gunz) I just cant get behind Duck Hunt Dog. Seems like a very wishful thought that could be applied to almost anyone (except for the support part). Oh, and why should Duck Hunt get a rep anyway, aside from being retro? Plenty others deserve that spot, and frankly, are cooler imo than a dog.

This has been, "Poor Rants" With Fastblade.
Please don't kill me, or eat me, or... well, I guess you could ignore this post. It probably will be, anyways.
Well, why not look at the aspects of Duckhunt itself and think about the relationship between the light gun and the dog?

Let's see here. The light gun user and the dog are separate "characters". You control one and the other finishes your work for you. One thing we could go with here are the stone pigeons for skeet shooting. The dog could throw them out in some fixed path and pressing B would cause the "hunter" to shoot the stone pigeon while the dog continues to fight. Another thing is that the ducks could also be called on, but go in a zigzag pattern where pressing down B causes them to get shot and the fall straight down as a form of vertical zoning. The third special could be a pouncing command grab that triples as an anti-air and a suicide move. Finally his recovery move would a big jump like in the minigames and he could be shot at (but dodges) and hit the opponent next to him.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I rarely do see desciption for how the dog from Duck Hunt would actually play like.

It's like people say "Yeah that dog from Duck Hunt is awesome!" and I say "Alright, so how would he play?"

"Yeah that dog from Duck Hunt is awesome!"

I could go on and on about praising a character is one thing, but actually being capable is another. Having good looks is not exactly the only thing you should harbor on, as regardless on whatever is said how a character plays can be a deal breaker.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Still don't understand why people support him. He's not really interesting at all, imo. (Please dont quote me on this). And giving him things from the game (ducks, the blaster) could be done for essentially any character. It seems to me the core of his support is because:
"He's retro, a Nintendo IP, and could use the ducks!"
Other than that, basically his whole moveset will be spins and kicks, and random stuff that dogs do. Not saying it's bad, but when people like Mach Rider and Takamaru are in the fray with potentially awesome movesets, (samurai swordstyle, shurikens, a bike, gunz) I just cant get behind Duck Hunt Dog. Seems like a very wishful thought that could be applied to almost anyone (except for the support part). Oh, and why should Duck Hunt get a rep anyway, aside from being retro? Plenty others deserve that spot, and frankly, are cooler imo than a dog.

This has been, "Poor Rants" With Fastblade.
Please don't kill me, or eat me, or... well, I guess you could ignore this post. It probably will be, anyways.
I am sorry I could have sworn you were SmashChu's sockpuppet. My mistake... anyway, can you name another Nintendo character who could use ducks and the NES Zapper? You yourself said that this could be done for essentially any character instead of Duck Hunt Dog.

If the core of Duck Hunt Dog's support is about being a retro, being a Nintendo IP, and could use ducks is the reason why you cannot get behind Duck Hunt Dog? Both Takamaru and Mach Rider are retro Nintendo IPs just like Duck Hunt Dog. So the most logical conclusion is...? Oh, right... because a duck is an unconventional and unorthodox weapon of choice compared to a sword or a gun. You yourself used the words "awesome" and "cooler" which brings up the Rule of Cool.

According to you:
swords = cool
shurikens = cool
motorcycles = cool
guns = cool
ducks = not cool

There are characters who were initially perceived as "weak" or "boring" or "stupid" already in Smash and they proved otherwise... characters such as Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and R.O.B. I think characters like Duck Hunt Dog, Tingle, Meowth, Starfy, and even Toad fall into this group.

This is where moveset potential and gameplay come to the picture. When observing that video of the fan-made game Super Smash Bros. Crusade with Duck Hunt Dog... I can see the potential of using ducks, clay pigeons, and the NES Zapper as long range weapons and projectiles... yes, even if it looks ridiculous... but Smash never takes itself too seriously anyway.

I see that Duck Hunt Dog could potentially be excellent at zoning when throwing clay pigeon and siccing ducks at opponents plus directing the hunter (with the NES Zapper) where to shoot from the fourth wall. Duck Hunt Dog is infamous for breaking the fourth wall to troll gamers so he obviously fills the joke character archetype as well.

corgal2

Smash Rookie
Since Namco is helping with the development of this game, I would LOVE a "Tales of" character to be in here. Also, Quote from Cave Story, and Ghirahim.

D

Deleted member

Why do I live in a world where the Duck Hunt Dog is considered interesting while Pac-Man is not....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's see here. The light gun user and the dog are separate "characters". You control one and the other finishes your work for you. One thing we could go with here are the stone pigeons for skeet shooting. The dog could throw them out in some fixed path and pressing B would cause the "hunter" to shoot the stone pigeon while the dog continues to fight. Another thing is that the ducks could also be called on, but go in a zigzag pattern where pressing down B causes them to get shot and the fall straight down as a form of vertical zoning. The third special could be a pouncing command grab that triples as an anti-air and a suicide move. Finally his recovery move would a big jump like in the minigames and he could be shot at (but dodges) and hit the opponent next to him.
No thoughts on this? Just picture the dog fighting with this song:
Dat tail.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Haha yeah man I probably sound like I'm being wicked sarcastic but actually I think that would be soooo badass. Maybe instead of one arm just being a Wii Zapper it would be a skeletal arm made of DS styluses holding a NES Zapper. Then each foot would be a SNES instead of a NES. Gotta rep all the hardware ya can man. Like his neutral special could open up a little Gameboy SP on his chest and shoot a laser outta it.
This what I was able to come up with. I did it in my astronomy class. I don't have access to a scanner at the moment so i just took a pic with phone

Gamecube and SNES for the shoulders
WiiU and Wii for biceps (They really are just white boxes Lol)
Gameboy Color and two Gameboy Micros for the forearm
NES for the chest.
N64 for the pelvis.
Game&Watch and the Fat White O.G Gameboy for the legs.
Gameboy SP and Famicom for the feet.
I made him wield the Zapper and Wiimote with motion plus add-on.
I also gave him the DK Bongos that came with Jungle Beat for jet-packs (you can kinda see it behind the N64)
And a N64 controller hood ornament/crown on his head.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Moon Monkey, you gave this character a N64 controller as a hood ornament for his head.... and yet there's no head. Virtual Boy should be the head.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I was curious what happened to that anime after hearing about it. Is it any good?
I wasn't a big fan of it, probably because it has ecchi themes. Though, if you like that kinda stuff, knock yourself out.

Sooo, anyone know if Dig Dug has a chance at being...an AT? Or appearing as anything else? I forgot, we didn't get any third party ATs other than Metal Gear and Sonic, correct? *Runs off to do research*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moon Monkey, you gave this character a N64 controller as a hood ornament for his head.... and yet there's no head. Virtual Boy should be the head.
I was aiming for a horns/spikes parody to Megazord/Voltron

It's suppose to be R.O.B's new final smash. He had to be the head!
Idk where to put the Virtual boy. :c Help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom