• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Yeah, cause he has NOOOO CHANCE! BOMBERMAN, SORA, PROFESSOR LAYTON, PHOENIX WRIGHT, AND EVEN BABY WALUIGI HAS A BETTER CHANCE THAN HIM! . Baby Waluigi doesn't even exist.

:phone:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mickey and Pac-Man both have the same chances
Show me this apparent fan demand/support. I did both a Google search for Mickey Mouse in Smash 4, Epic Mickey in Smash 4, as well as a Japanese search for Mickey Mouse in Smash 4. The only results I got was this:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-/63250051

A gamefaqs thread made by a person aptly named bigbowserfan. Maybe it's just me but I feel like I heard that username somewhere before...

Other ones were "6 Character Predictions" in various Video Gaming media sites that also lists the likes of Banjo-Kazooie, Goku, Naruto, Leon S. Kennedy, Zidane, Bugs Bunny, Cloud, Sephiroth, and many other characters that are considered next to impossible or very unlikely. He even lacks any fan created SSB fanart. Type in Mega man, Pac Man, Bomberman, Black Mage, etc and you will see a fair amount of evidence of fan support for the character. When I type in Mickey, I see only....you.

Oh and I see absolutely zero Japanese fan support for either Mickey or Epic Mickey in the Japanese search. None whatsoever.

Oh and BTW, we aren't arguing with you for supporting the character. You have every right to support him since we all have our characters that we support. However, when you start putting out "facts" that have no support and put up a "prediction" roster which, by all definition, is a dream roster; you are going to draw criticism.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Epic Mickey made him elligible because there's a lot of people who want him
it doesnt make him eligible. lots of cartoon characters have had video games that were very successful. doesn't mean Sakurai should break his rules for them. and Mickey isn't nearly as wanted as many other third parties who are actually good choices

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If this doesn't signify trolling, nothing will. You guys should stop feeding him.
I normally would agree but I want to see what is behind this logic. He could just be a fat little troll, sitting at his desk and laughing to himself. However, other than a few off the wall additions, his roster was fairly sound.

I just want to see the reasoning behind him wanting Mickey since I find the idea fairly strange. And his one word rebuttals drive me nuts! I need a smoke break -_-;;;;;

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
I normally would agree but I want to see what is behind this logic. He could just be a fat little troll, sitting at his desk and laughing to himself. However, other than a few off the wall additions, his roster was fairly sound.

I just want to see the reasoning behind him wanting Mickey since I find the idea fairly strange. And his one word rebuttals drive me nuts! I need a smoke break -_-;;;;;
Smoking is bad for you

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Yeah, originally I thought that maybe he would have a defense against his inclusion of Mickey (a flawed defense, but a defense nonetheless) which is why I waited a while. However, after his last few posts mostly consisted of simply saying that "people want him", I figured this was about as far as it'd get.

Prove me wrong, hugemariofan, say something at least semi-intelligible.

edit: ^^troll enough for you guys yet?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Me and a bunch of other people actually want to play as ourselves in Smah Bros. Not our Miis, our actually selves. Looks like we are getting a lot of newcomers this round.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Nah guys, let's just admit Mickey has a chance. Afterall, he's going to be joined by Homer Simpson, Hannah Montana, Godzilla, Darth Vader, Goku, Naruto, Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, and Chuck Norris, as people want them too.

Dare to prove me wrong. :awesome:

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Nah guys, let's just admit Mickey has a chance. Afterall, he's going to be joined by Homer Simpson, Hannah Montana, Godzilla, Darth Vader, Goku, Naruto, Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, and Chuck Norris, as people want them too.

Dare to prove me wrong. :awesome:
None of their games are as successful as Epic Mickey their games are games with pretty average reviews

D

Deleted member

You have no proof. :awesome:

Besides, Hannah Montana has a game for DS that sold over 1 million copies. Clearly she is to be in the new Smash.

She has fan support too. Since she has fans, and they support her. Miley Cyrus also told me personally that she wants Hannah Montana in Smash.

EDIT: Also, Batman has Arkham City, which has done better sales wise and ratings wise that Epic Mickey, AND is getting a Wii U version to make more money. :smirk:
Batman is the number one choice.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Before we go any further, does Golden's father work for Nintendo? We got to have legit verification to make sure this stuff is true.

D

Deleted member

My father works for Nintendo, yes.
My uncle also works at Sora, so I get double agent. :awesome:

Bruce Wayne also is going to play a part in Smash 4's development. Now that is absolute proof Batman is in the game.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
None of their games are as successful as Epic Mickey their games are games with pretty average reviews
and DBZ has had far more games with a few earning scores just as good as Epic Mickey did. overall sales wise there is no way Epic Mickey pulled in more money than all the DBZ games did

look at me defending Goku for ssb4

D

Deleted member

This discussion is now about Arkham Series Batman.

Batman for Smash. :troll:

It also helps that Batman has had some kickass games for other Nintendo systems that are highly regarded, even in Japan for some of them. Yes, there were a few that were average or negative, but more positive than otherwise.

D

Deleted member

My uncle can't trip. He has no legs. :troll:

But he has a rocket powered wheelchair, so he can recover when Sakurai goes YOU MUST RECOVER!

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Whatever happened to "don't feed the troll"? Simply ignore them and move on with your own discussion.

Now to get back on a topic more related to the thread, someone mentioned Snake and Sonic being the reason people are looking at a lot more 3rd party characters, which I think is only half of the truth. The Smash franchise is at a point where they pretty much have all the biggest first and second party characters in the game already. There really aren't that many that still have a big appeal, they're good for filling up the roster but none are as famous and appealing as the third party characters.
If they want to attract players simply based on characters being added to the game, I really don't see any other way than to add more 3rd parties.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I agree with Reyson. Let's be clear Smash Bros. can go on forever only with first/second party characters, that's for sure. But between Pac-Man and ****ing Waluigi, there's no way in hell I would choose Waluigi, for example. Anyway, it's still a Nintendo party with guests, so obviously they must be always less than the original characters. Out of a 50-slots roster, I think that 5 max should be for third parties. Obviously there are a lot of characters I would love to see, but too many would really ruin the sense of the game.

Also, I think 2 or 3 are as many third parties we can hope to get for every new installment, not more. This time around I'm pretty sure we'll get Rayman and Pac-Man, and there's a slight possibility to get Megaman. But seen how Capcom sucks these days, I'm not too sure about him.

yani

Smash Lord
I thought Sora was shut down?
Project Sora was shut down, Sora Ltd. still stands (I believe it only consists of Sakurai and his partner though). It is rumored that Sakurai will be joining Nintendo EAD next year (from a fairly credible source) so I'm assuming that would mean Sora Ltd. won't exist if that happens.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
As amusing as it would be to drag Wreck-It Ralph into the mix, I pretty much know that he's a very unlikely input.
There's Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for that. And if it's like the predecessor, it'll be a ****ing awesome kart racing game.
But Smash Bros...? Nah. Considering all the obvious reasons, and the fact that Ralph is practically Donkey Kong in human form.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wait a second!
There was a golden balls game for the wii! Jasper Carott for smash!
Also, there was that monopoly game as well. I'm unsure how it works, is monopoly guy eligible for smash (or more than mickey mouse), does a board game count as fourth party?
Also, I started crying in laughter at the earlier post that said that Palutena and Weedle have equal chances. :laugh:

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Remove Young/Toon Link, why would you do such a thing :urg:. Link is too slow and not powerful enough to make up for it.

Edit: Oops, thought this was the Roster Discussion thread and I can't seem to delete my post.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Remove Young/Toon Link, why would you do such a thing :urg:. Link is too slow and not powerful enough to make up for it.
Not the place to discuss this in. We only post rosters in here and we discuss them in Roster Discussion Thread.

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet
I agree with Reyson. Let's be clear Smash Bros. can go on forever only with first/second party characters, that's for sure. But between Pac-Man and ****ing Waluigi, there's no way in hell I would choose Waluigi, for example. Anyway, it's still a Nintendo party with guests, so obviously they must be always less than the original characters. Out of a 50-slots roster, I think that 5 max should be for third parties. Obviously there are a lot of characters I would love to see, but too many would really ruin the sense of the game.

Also, I think 2 or 3 are as many third parties we can hope to get for every new installment, not more. This time around I'm pretty sure we'll get Rayman and Pac-Man, and there's a slight possibility to get Megaman. But seen how Capcom sucks these days, I'm not too sure about him.
Capcom doesn`t even care about Megaman.They cancelled Universe and Legend 3,threw him out of MVC3 and it`s update and the only game he`s getting is an iphone thing that most people will probably ignore.Maybe Capcom doesn`t really care about who`s their mascot these days.

I have a feeling that the third parties that will be added will be a lot more crazy than just compagnies` mascots...like Snake.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Let's split your comment in two. First of all, you talk about why Megaman is a less popular and obscure choice. Secondly, you say that you have a feeling the third-parties you include are going to be less popular and obscure choices. You do this in order to lower mega-man's chances?

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet
Let's split your comment in two. First of all, you talk about why Megaman is a less popular and obscure choice. Secondly, you say that you have a feeling the third-parties you include are going to be less popular and obscure choices. You do this in order to lower mega-man's chances?
Nope,i`m just realistic.Megaman isn`t even a priority for Capcom so his actual chances are low,very low,they are so low even the lowest of low can`t find him because of how low his chances are.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Nope,i`m just realistic.Megaman isn`t even a priority for Capcom so his actual chances are low,very low,they are so low even the lowest of low can`t find him because of how low his chances are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VVuMIB2hC0

Warning;you`re not going to like this roster.It may send you into the depth of depression,gives you convulsion or at the minimum send you into a blind rage that can only be calmed down by playing a few games of Brawl again.You have been warned...
Actually it just made me laugh

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, just maybe, Megaman wasn't in Marvel Vs Capcom because they already made a deal to have him in SSB.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Who knows maybe the fact tha Capcom seems to not giving a crap about Megaman it helps the cause to have him in Smash... Like "Can we have Megaman?" "Megawho?"

D

Deleted member

I love how people forget Capcom is open to Mega Man in Smash, but claim it's up to Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom