• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Unfortunate implications... beating up women is wrong but beating up transsexuals and crossdressers is awwright!

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, there is nothing wrong with beating up men in their eyes

Pokemon Roster

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Johto Trainer Ethan w/ Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr
-Zoroark
-Mewtwo

Ethan replaces Red, Zoroark replaces Lucario, Mewtwo returns, and Pikachu/Jigglypuff stay

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@M&S Guy: Actually, it can't be female only. Or have a gender ratio change.

The reason is that in order for a Pokemon to evolve, it needs to evolve into the same gender. Changing the gender ratio of Nympheon would only make it sometimes turn female.

It's the reason why Azurill can change genders, because a glitch happens due to having a different gender ratio from Marill.

Basically, it would only glitch up and not be guaranteed. It sucks, but the best thing to do is leave it with the regular ratios. Likewise, they can't change it into this new game without making it impossible to transfer Eevees from the old games(due to different gender ratios). It's hard to explain, but the programming causes glitches if you mess with gender ratios.

...I think making it female only could work, but it would be kind of stupid since Eevees are hard to get female. :|

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We've got a visual confirmation of Mewtwo, in case no one has posted it here yet inbetween the sea of Ninfia.
[COLLAPSE="Hell Ya"]

Mewtwo: "I'm back b*****s!"
[/COLLAPSE]

As a side note, Corocoro also confirmed Ash's Charizard making a return appearance. Honestly for the Pokemon fan in me, words cannot describe just how pumped I am now to see this movie.

As for the Smash fan in me:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
PT Red
Mewtwo
Lucario

I'm very confident now in this happening, though I still think we could also get Zoroark as an 8th character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Red never made it into the game. Red's design did. And don't be surprised if he gets switched out. Same with Lucario.

Neither of them are actually set in stone in any way. Only Pikachu and Jigglypuff are.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
While he is never officially called Red in brawl it's pretty much Red.....

Not really.

Read his Trophy.

The name Red, nor his exploits, are never mentioned once. It's all entirely about the Pokemon Trainer class.

Red does not actually exist in Smash beyond his 3rd Gen design.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
This is why I said "pretty much" and I knew that as I mention how in brawl he's never officially mention by name. I still feel however it's Red. Kinda a similar situation to Yoshi in brawl (or melee)

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was looking over all the voting and it appears that several characters stand above the rest:

1. Ridley
2. King K. Rool
3. Mewtwo
4. Megaman
5. Roy

Are these 5 the most likely newcomers for Smash 4? Has Sakurai recongized the demand for these characters? Does Japan share the desire for these characters?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is why I said "pretty much" and I knew that as I mention how in brawl he's never officially mention by name. I still feel however it's Red. Kinda a similar situation to Yoshi in brawl (or melee)

Pokemon Trainer(FireRed & LeafGreen)

"A person who raises Pokemon and trains them as partners in battle. In battle,
a Trainer gives orders to the Pokemon and uses items. It's not an exaggeration
to say battles can be won or lost on a Trainer's single strategic move.
Trainers pour their hearts into their Pokemon and share anger, sadness, and
joy as they adventure in hopes of becoming Pokemon Masters."

You're actually wrong, though.

And Yoshi is not even a similar situation at all. For starters, there is a Yoshi species already. Second, Green Yoshi is the default and is a main character. Third, he's called by the correct name in the first place.

Red just plain doesn't exist in the game. Sakurai did not mean Red, especially when he fully shows him as solely a Pokemon Trainer in every way but design. If he was Red, it'd talk about his exploits, you know, like his battle against Blue, the fact he's a Champion? Nope, it talks solely about the Class, which is all it is.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Does it really matter what his name is? He represents the main (a term I'm using specifically) character of the games and uses his design, why can't people call him Red? He looks, sounds, and acts like Red and uses a similar team. Just cause Sakurai didn't get into specifics why can't fans?

Honestly I'd rather be talking about Impa right now, this nitpick argument is so dumb.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
What am I wrong about?! *I* think he is Red, that is all. and when I brought up Yoshi I was saying that yoshis trophy only mentions the species, not that specific Yoshi.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What am I wrong about?! *I* think he is Red, that is all. and when I brought up Yoshi I was saying that yoshis trophy only mentions the species, not that specific Yoshi.

The problem is, you're fully wrong in that. And while that is true for Yoshi, Pokemon Trainers aren't actual species, so it doesn't relate very well. It's a Class, like a Bard.

@Try-Hyphen: Because it's 100% wrong and annoying to call him something he's not?

It gets tiring always hearing that wrong statement. His name is Pokemon Trainer, not Red, and that will never change. He doesn't share anything with Red beyond his Gen 3 design in any way possible. And that's just the basic design. That's it.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
He's Red. I don't think it matters what they call him
Thank you!!!! For the most part look at it this way, they were many more options to use for both the trainer and for his pkmn if sakurai wanted to just portray the class of a pkmn trainer. He chose Red for a reason. And from your saying you make it sound like he's just a carbon copy if Red in everyway, but he's not Red lol, doesn't really make much sense. The only thing I will give you is the very fact that they refuse to name him

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Try-Hyphen: Because it's 100% wrong and annoying to call him something he's not?

It gets tiring always hearing that wrong statement. His name is Pokemon Trainer, not Red, and that will never change. He doesn't share anything with Red beyond his Gen 3 design in any way possible. And that's just the basic design. That's it.
Like I said, a nitpick argument. Now you're going to tell me you have a problem with people calling Toon Link: Tink, or Zero Suit Samus: Zamus, or King Dedede: D3. Just call him what you want to refer to him as and leave it at that.

What a dump topic. Can someone suggest a better topic please?
I did suggest Impa a few posts back. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Like I said, a nitpick argument. Now you're going to tell me you have a problem with people calling Toon Link: Tink, or Zero Suit Samus: Zamus, or King Dedede: D3. Just call him what you want to refer to him as and leave it at that.
All of those are legitimate nicknames. They're not based upon false crap.

Pokemon Trainer =/= Red. There's a huge difference.

I'll never accept him as Red when he actually isn't. Because, well, he just plain isn't. The design is not enough. His Pokemon don't even match up with how Red has them. Red has them all evolved, do they not? Red doesn't talk either, now does he?

Doesn't work in any way.

Thank you!!!! For the most part look at it this way, they were many more options to use for both the trainer and for his pkmn if sakurai wanted to just portray the class of a pkmn trainer. He chose Red for a reason. And from your saying you make it sound like he's just a carbon copy if Red in everyway, but he's not Red lol, doesn't really make much sense. The only thing I will give you is the very fact that they refuse to name him
You mean cause it's the first Pokemon Trainer shown in series? Red's actual design? That's why he chose him.

He's not even a carbon copy of Red. Red is extremely different. If anything, Pokemon Trainer is very similar to Ash/Satoshi, but hardly is Red at all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The lines which the Pokemon Trainer speaks are based on the quotes spoken/communicated by Red in the bottom of the screen during a pokemon battle. ;)
Of which he doesn't say directly in-game when you speak to him as a character.

Doesn't really count for much. That's Ash/Satoshi's style, ultimately. And Blue/Leaf(every trainer you play as) says the same thing, so it's a Trainer thing, not a Red thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He uses Red's design and 3 of his pokemon. It's Red
Nope.

Red's Pokemon are Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard. You cannot legitimately face him with all 3 lines outside of them being fully evolved.

Guess what they aren't in Brawl? Design means nothing when nothing else matches up to Red.

So... no.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good to see you finally starting to agree with me.
No, I don't agree with you at all. He'll never be Red because he wasn't added into the game. Sakurai added Pokemon Trainer into the game. If he meant Red, something beyond his design would've been used. Like his exact Pokemon(all 3 evolved starters), or maybe his Trophy actually talking about Red, or even his name being called Red?

Too bad none of that exists.

Nice nickname, but it's still based upon false information. Not fact.

No, PSIguy89. I'm just 100% correct.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about this? The Pokemon games allow you to name the trainer whatever you want. HF can call him whatever and we can call him Red. I'll call him ChingChongPotato.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice nickname
It's good to see we've reached an agreement. Now then please stop complaining, you can call him Pokemon Trainer if you want, we can call him PT Red if we want, and Kuma can call him ChingChongPotato.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nope.

Red's Pokemon are Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard. You cannot legitimately face him with all 3 lines outside of them being fully evolved.

Guess what they aren't in Brawl? Design means nothing when nothing else matches up to Red.

So... no.
His pokemon obviously haven't evolved yet.

They didn't start as Blastoise, Venusaur and Charizard.

It's probably Red from the first game, before he became champion

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's good to see we've reached an agreement. Now then please stop complaining, you can call him Pokemon Trainer if you want, we can call him PT Red if we want, and Kuma can call him ChingChongPotato.
When I get my copy of Pokemon X, I'll definitely name the trainer ChingChongPotato. :laugh:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is there even enough character space to call them ChingChongPotato? :p Not that I mind, I think you've got just enough for ChingChong though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom