• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Manly and Oasis are like longlost brothers and I'm this 3rd wheel friend of both... (-´2`-)

If speaking of Ninfus and Ninfias, then would a male Ninfia look like this?

Frostwraith: Exactly. (-ö´ö-); Though I dunno, Nymfeon wouldn't be too out of place due it looking rather more polished that "Nympheon".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But if Eevee evolves into Nympheon, then Nympheon will have to evolve into Imagoeon. Eh?

EH?

I hope you get it at least Horsetail.

Me and Manly are two different... Sides of manliness.

D

Deleted member

Manly and Oasis are like longlost brothers and I'm this 3rd wheel friend of both... (-´2`-)

Frostwraith: Exactly. (-ö´ö-); Though I dunno, Nymfeon wouldn't be too out of place due it looking rather more polished that "Nympheon".

[COLLAPSE="First thing that came to mind was this"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Yes that's a guy

I still remember my reaction to when I first learned Bridget was a dude...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

That... hardly looks male. :laugh:

I'm thinking the opposite. "Nympheon" looks more polished due to not using 'f' which looks out of place, imo.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Something kind of tells me that Ninfia will end up being a female-only species. And since 87.5% of the Eevee that you'll get are males, that'll put Ninfia in the same situation as Vespiquen.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: You Sneaky fella. (-òvó-)*
*Shakes you*

(And yeah. Meanwhile I'm this meek and almost feel like a moe-like guy, hahahah)

M&S Guy: Now that make Ninfia superiously difficult to get. I think they should start lowering down that gender ratio for Eevees already, it's rather sickening.

Besides why I don't want to lose chance to have a shota Ninfia, please

Manly: That fella keeps reminding me of Rosette from Chrono Crusade A LOT.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@FalKoopa and Horsetail: Ninfeon wouldn't look bad either. And would be similar to Leafeon and Glaceon's localized names. Take a look: Leafia -> Leafeon, Glacia -> Glaceon, thus Ninfia -> Ninfeon?

What's easy to observe is the change from 'ia' to 'eon'.

I don't think Ninfia would be exclusively female... it would make it very hard to obtain. But, considering its effeminate appearence an all the Nymph theories, it wouldn't surprise me.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something kind of tells me that Ninfia will end up being a female-only species. And since 87.5% of the Eevee that you'll get are males, that'll put Ninfia in the same situation as Vespiquen.
I don't think so... They didn't do that with Glaceon, which is the girliest of all eeveelutions.

And seriously, I hope not. It'll make it 8 times harder to get.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@FalKoopa and Horsetail: Ninfeon wouldn't look bad either. And would be similar to Leafeon and Glaceon's localized names. Take a look: Leafia -> Leafeon, Glacia -> Glaceon, thus Ninfia -> Ninfeon?

What's easy to observe is the change from 'ia' to 'eon'.

I don't think Ninfia would be exclusively female... it would make it very hard to obtain. But, considering its effeminate appearence an all the Nymph theories, it wouldn't surprise me.
Nope, the beginning part of the names of eeveelutions have a meaning in English.
It'll atleast be Nimfeon. Considering, Ninfia is pronounced as Nimfia in Japanese.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
M&S Guy: Now that make Ninfia superiously difficult to get. I think they should start lowering down that gender ratio for Eevees already, it's rather sickening.
Chances are, that won't be happening. We got Gallade and Froslass, but you can still have a male Gardevoir and a female Glalie in your possession.

Likewise, Nidorina and Nidoqueen will always be in the Undiscovered egg group, so using them for breeding purposes is not going to happen.

In fact, if you haven't noticed by now, a good number of Pokemon that you can only receive as gifts tend to have the 87.5:12.5 gender ratio; starters, fossils, even certain baby Pokemon.

I don't think so... They didn't do that with Glaceon, which is the girliest of all eeveelutions.

And seriously, I hope not. It'll make it 8 times harder to get.
Eevee's past evolutions were of different types though, so if Ninfia is a Normal-type Pokemon, just like Eevee, it would have to evolve differently from the other Eevee evolutions. And if it was a female-only species, that would add to its uniqueness.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How ironic that most of the Eevees are male yet alot of the evolutions look like female evolutions (aside from Umbreon and Jolteon).

Would this mean they'd be all be like...

traps?

*Snicker*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If it's going to be Normal type, it should evolve normally, that is by levelling up. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

@FalKoopa: Level up? Not gonna happen as it would create a plot hole. Now, leveling up holding a certain new item... is not entirely out of possibility.

D

Deleted member

Chances are, that won't be happening. We got Gallade and Froslass, but you can still have a male Gardevoir and a female Glalie in your possession.

Likewise, Nidorina and Nidoqueen will always be in the Undiscovered egg group, so using them for breeding purposes is not going to happen.

In fact, if you haven't noticed by now, a good number of Pokemon that you can only receive as gifts tend to have the 87.5:12.5 gender ratio; starters, fossils, even certain baby Pokemon.

Eevee's past evolutions were of different types though, so if Ninfia is a Normal-type Pokemon, just like Eevee, it would have to evolve differently from the other Eevee evolutions. And if it was a female-only species, that would add to its uniqueness.
People have speculated that it would evolve by Maxing out Beauty just like Feebas. In fact, i would like another Rare Pokemon like that. First you have to get a female Eevee, and then you you have to Max out its Beauty for it to evolve.

Also, it's likely Nintendo will start giving away Female Eevee in the future as gifts if this is the case.

So, assuming Ninfia is female-only, could they also add a male-only Eeveelution?

Others have said one that is a Fighting Type "Tough" Pokemon to complement Nynfia's "Beauty."

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Falkoopa: I think that'd make Ninfia rather underwhelming at best.

Manly: That Eeveeolution be worth of all the effort compared to most. Maybe it'd be most best Eeveolution stat and movepool-wise.

Speaking of movepools, still waiting for Swords Dance to be given to Flygon or something else useful. My most fave dragon's so overshadowed by Garchomp nowadays...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Others have said one that is a Fighting Type "Tough" Pokemon to complement Nynfia's "Beauty."
My thoughts exactly.

An elegant, effeminate looking female-only Flying type contrasting with a tough looking male-only Fighting type.

Or perhaps...

...an elegant, effeminate looking male-only Flying type contrasting with a tough looking female-only Fighting type. Now THAT is what I would call a trap! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Batman Mewtwo? Sign me up.

Telling people Bridget is a dude never gets old.
Me and another friend at a 3rd friend's house playing Guilty Gear for the 1st time. Friend B was a vet. and showing us the ropes.

Me: Cast is pretty cool, you have Ky and his "evil" robot version, and he's rivals with that badass looking Sol dude. So who's the cute girl with the roller blades?

Friend B: *smirks That 'girl' has a penis...

Friend A: LOL, that's what you get anon for always fawning over the cute girls!

Me: w-what? You mean she's a herma-

Friend B: No, no. Bridget is a transvestite. He was just raised as a girl. Oh, and Testament is gay FriendA.

Friend A: Huh? So why make her a ******? I mean sh- HE clearly looks like a girl... What the hell Japan. You gotta be trollin man.

Friend B: Well... Nintendo DID make Birdo... It's just Aksys, they were trying to be different.

-then we see Bridget's manly character portrait.

Friend B: See... THAT is NOT a cute girl.

-****, he wasn't trolling

Me: Well, there's still Jam... She's kinda cute.

Friend B: Jam's a prostitute.

Me: **** this ****... I'm not even gonna ask you about Dizzy. I don't even wanna know. This game is ****ed up, why are we playing this? Lets just go back to Melee where things are more normal...

Thar be no waifus in Guilty Gear.

And to think the same company would then go on to make BlazBlue whose female cast could easily be ported over onto a dating Sim.

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ninjas make everything better. It's one of those fundamental cool factors that makes things more interesting. If I was given the chance, I'd give everyone a ninja costume because of it.

D

Deleted member

We've got a visual confirmation of Mewtwo, in case no one has posted it here yet inbetween the sea of Ninfia.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
As I said previously, Eevee seems to be gaining popularity as of late. I'd like to see him get in on account of that, being jiggly made it for that and all

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It is kind of dumb that someone can design a character with an extremely feminine body (which I guess Bridget isn't) and just say "Hmmm, yeah, I think that should be a man" with no physiological hints whatsoever. Though mostly I'm thinking of Poison.

Like, literally the only thing that makes that character a man is because you say so. Whatever, it's all pretty arbitrary.

You know, the desires of wanting and the expectations of fate are quite different. There is no hope of bringing those together, which is especially notable since no two minds think alike. As such, keep expectations low to avoid disappointment. At this point fixing the existing characters first would be ideal.

For the record, even the characters I support like Palutena, Starfy, Dillon, Lip, Little Mac, and Takamaru (to name a few) doesn't mean I have confidence for any of them.
Pretty much for the characters I support such as Micaiah, Little Mac, Isa, Matthew, Shulk, and Ethan

Although for some reason I do feel Little Mac and Palutena have good chances though

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It is kind of dumb that someone can design a character with an extremely feminine body (which I guess Bridget isn't) and just say "Hmmm, yeah, I think that should be a man" with no physiological hints whatsoever. Though mostly I'm thinking of Poison.

Like, literally the only thing that makes that character a man is because you say so. Whatever, it's all pretty arbitrary.
Poison was designed as a woman.

The only reason poison became retconned as a man is because people felt beating up women was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom