• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff has been in the Smash Bros. series since the very beginning, she is not going anywhere.

As for 6th-gen, next week is when we should find out the first major Pokemon of Generation 6.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That explains a lot. Also in regard to Xenogears.

Why do they keep using "Xeno" in all their damn titles? It's getting to be rather confusing.
Xeno means strange which may have something to do with Gears and Saga. Blade was originally called Monado, but as a tribute to the leading man behind the game and the previous games, they changed it to Xenoblade.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's true, but it was a great character in Melee. It has appeared in all 3 games now and it's one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan (not saying Mewtwo isn't). In the West few people will care if Purin was cut, but Japan thinks otherwise.

:phone:
I know that. And I wouldn't cut Jigglypuff either. She's a classic. :jigglypuff64:

However, I was just pointing out that a character shouldn't be removed cause 'it sucks'. Which was Mr. Habanero's argument for keeping Mewtwo out.

I agree with the Brawl roster + Mewtwo idea for whoever brought it up.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know about you guys, but it's debatable whether the Jump Stars games are considered Nintendo IP's or not since they co-developed the games with Shueshia on the DS and the fact that Project Versus J (A possibly similar game) is now a Sony exclusive.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Still. That doesn't make Goku or Naruto more likely at all. :smirk:

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
The Jump games were fun, but Sakurai's just going to leave them in their own games.

Also, what does everyone think about cuts? Who you want cut, who's most likely etc.?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Jump games were fun, but Sakurai's just going to leave them in their own games.

Also, what does everyone think about cuts? Who you want cut, who's most likely etc.?

You... actually want cuts?!?

D:

I want no one cut, but Ike, PT, Lucario, Snake and Sonic might be cut.

D

Deleted member

Also Dr. Mario is never going to be a costume because apparently shooting out fire balls would be weird, with that logic being crapped all over by having WarioWare Wario and Wario Land Wario being the same person. Going by that logic, they should of been separate characters because Wario Land Wario never drove the Wario Bike prior to Brawl.
Except that "WarioWare" Wario isn't an alter-ego nor from some alternate universe.
He's just Wario, but wearing biker's clothes. He even wears his classic overalls in the beginning of the first WarioWare.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Except that "WarioWare" Wario isn't an alter-ego nor from some alternate universe.
He's just Wario, but wearing biker's clothes. He even wears his classic overalls in the beginning of the first WarioWare.
Doc is just Mario wearing doctor's clothes.

D

Deleted member

Doc is just Mario wearing doctor's clothes.
No, he's an alter-ego, and quite possibly from a different universe, given Miyamoto's statements that Mario's time as a doctor may have been "less than legitimate", hinting that the Dr. Mario games are a seperate canon from the rest of the series, which is particularly interesting, seeing as he previously said there was no set canon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I do not want cuts, I am happy with the roster we have now, I only want PT's Pokemon updated.

What do you mean "updated"

Because it's not like he was adding in gen 1.

He has gen 1 pokemon because those are still the most popular starters

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pokemon Trainer Updated? He just needs buffs in the right places.
He doesn't need to be changed.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422

Possible candidates:

Ike, Snake, and Lucario (in my opinion) have a chance of being cut. (Ike for Chrom, Roy, or both. Snake because he's a guest character. Lucario because 4th gen is not as popular as 1st nor is 4th gen relevant anymore.) Some are opting for Jigglypuff because of her declining popularity, however, she's still one of the original cast members which is why I can't see this happening.

With bias I would include Toon Link, however, with the Windwaker HD remake that probably won't happen. However, I still would like to see Toon Link (and even Ganondorf) more Luigi-fied in terms of attacks.

However, in spite of all of this I would not like to see any cuts in the roster. (as long as Toon Link sees a teensy more change) And I'm not even saying that these cuts are going to be likely but who knows.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Do you happen to have a source for this chrono

Typically in the February issue of CoroCoro, additional Pokemon movie information is revealed. Its widely speculated that the first major 6th-generation Pokemon will be starring in the next Pokemon movie alongside Genesect.

New issues of CoroCoro are typically released on the 15th each month, which would mean we would get those details next week.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Typically in the February issue of CoroCoro, additional Pokemon movie information is revealed. Its widely speculated that the first major 6th-generation Pokemon will be starring in the next Pokemon movie alongside Genesect.

New issues of CoroCoro are typically released on the 15th each month, which would mean we would get those details next week.
Ok, thanks for the info

@dragon or you could add people over time and not replace anybody

Yes, making SPECIFIC cuts will make it all the more better. :rolleyes:
Well if there are no cuts whatsoever, the game will practically fill like a Brawl Extended Edition and I don't think anyone here , or anywhere, wants that.

We should be expecting cuts anyways. The only time that didn't happen was from the original to Melee and those have officially become the Original 12. No character after that has had the same luxury.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toon Link, Ike, Snake, Lucario are characters I could part with for better characters

D

Deleted member

Well if there are no cuts whatsoever, the game will practically fill like a Brawl Extended Edition and I don't think anyone here , or anywhere, wants that.
Speak for yourself. I'm pretty sure no one wants cuts. And no, having the same characters does not define an "Extended Edition". Having the same gameplay does.
If Smash 4 was exactly like Brawl with little differences in gameplay and roster, then it'd be like an Extended Edition.
However, the fact the game will NOT be like Brawl (Or Melee. Or 64.) makes the biggest difference of all. Hell, the Roster could be the exact same as Brawl, and it would still be more than an "Extended Edition" given all the gameplay changes.

We should be expecting cuts anyways. The only time that didn't happen was from the original to Melee and those have officially become the Original 12. No character after that has had the same luxury.
The only time they DID happen however was because of time issues save for 2 clones, with one of them still somewhat in :toonlink: and the other being a joke character.

Speak for yourself. I'm pretty sure no one wants cuts. And no, having the same characters does not define an "Extended Edition". Having the same gameplay does.
If Smash 4 was exactly like Brawl with little differences in gameplay and roster, then it'd be like an Extended Edition.
However, the fact the game will NOT be like Brawl (Or Melee. Or 64.) makes the biggest difference of all. Hell, the Roster could be the exact same as Brawl, and it would still be more than an "Extended Edition" given all the gameplay changes.

The only time they DID happen however was because of time issues save for 2 clones, with one of them still somewhat in :toonlink: and the other being a joke character.
I meant in terms of the roster, not the game itself :awesome:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Ike if he gets replaced by chrom

If guests are one game only then bye snake and sonic

Lucas if anyone thinks the mother franchise is to big

Implying Ike replaced Roy. I expect all 3, plus Chrom.

I think Sakurai knows that the backlash would be horrible if those characters where removed, plus Snake was in by a favor, removing him would be a **** move. Not only that but it took a lot of legal work, I doubt they'd let it be for a single game.

And obviously Sakurai doesn't think the Mother series is too big.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Lucario I can see getting the Mewtwo treatment and being replaced with a newer legendary character.
Ike and Lucas were very popular Brawl characters I can't see them being replaced. They are pretty unique from Ness and Marth to be considered clones. If anything they'd be replaced by a new Fire Emblem and Mother character.

They only got rid of the Melee clones and Mewtwo. Pichu and Dr. Mario got the boot. Roy got replaced by Ike and Young Link by Toon Link.

There is no way Toon Link gets the boot. They are re-releasing Wind Waker for Wii U this year so he'll get a jump in popularity again.

Snake absolutely not. He's way too popular and unique of a character to get cut.

Kind of unsure about R.O.B. though. Although he is very unique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom