• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some alt costume ideas for SSB4:

Mario - Dr. Mario (who cares about fireballs) & Strikers Charged Outfit
Luigi - Mr. L & Strikers Charged Outfit
Peach - Tennis Open Outfit
Bowser - Dry Bowser
Bowser Jr - With Bandanna On

Link - Skyloft Outfit
Zelda - White "Priestess" Dress
Ghirahim - 2nd Form (w/ black face marks and arms)
Toon Link - Conductor Outfit
Ganondorf - Twilight Princess Look (OoT 3D is main)

Little Mac - Pink Jogging Suit
Isa - Without Jacket & Saki Clothes
Matthew - Isaac Clothes
Shulk - High Entia Armor & Jungle Clothes
Aeron - Longer Hair Version
Andy - Casualware

Wario - Classic Wario (pretty obvious since he will still be WarioWare)
Mona – Cheerleader Outfit & Explorer Outfit

Marth – Heroes of Light & Shadow Outfit (Shadow Dragon being main, not much difference)
Micaiah – Light Sage & Light Priestess
Ike – Awakening DLC Clothes

Samus – Metroid 1 Armor w/ Other M Space Cadet Samus
Ridley – Metroid Prime 3 Skin (Other M being the main)

2nd Gen Pokemon Trainer Gold (Chikorita, Quilava, & Feraligatr) – Silver w/ Dark Pokemon & Crystal w/ “Girly” Accessories

Travis Touchdown – Without Jacket
Mega-Man – X

Mii – Mario Clothes (Mario Party 8)
Takamaru – Captain Rainbow Clothes

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is ripped right from Luigi's bio on Smash Dojo:

Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt.
This is ripped from Luigi's bio from Nintendo:

Although Luigi is a plumber, like his brother, other facets of his personality vary from game to game. Luigi always seems nervous and timid but is good-natured...
I hope someone slips Sakurai the memo about Luigi's personality.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just got done with FE13's demo, you get the first two chapters of the game with 30 tries before the demo expires.

Mostly just paid attention to Chrom, can't say the character interests me all that much yet (probably because I skipped all the dialogues), but I can see him in Smash a little bit more now, can't see him having an interesting moveset yet but he does stand out a bit on his own due to color scheme they went with. Definitely a fusion between Marth and Ike, not just one of them specifically, is kind of a Fabio in a way IMO.

I wanna hear some other people's opinions (aka Chrono) on this.
From what I've seen from FE13, it's very cutscene heavy, and Chrom is centralised in a lot of them. So a lot of attention is drawn to him.

And I've always said, Chrom should play as an in between style of Marth and Ike. Which would imo be totally awesome.

:phone:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd be interested in something like that Diddy. It kind of gives you options among the character, which would be arguably better than just putting Roy back in, as he is very similar to Marth.

If Chrom were included, this would give you a heavyweight, a light weight, and then a hybrid to choose from. Something for everybody.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly. Plus, Chrom could use lances, and Ike can use axes. Which adds to their uniqueness, and adds the famous weapon triangle of Fire Emblem to the series. Roy would be a Luigified Marth clone at best, which is particially reason why I want Chrom over Roy as well.

Exactly. Plus, Chrom could use lances, and Ike can use axes. Which adds to their uniqueness, and adds the famous weapon triangle of Fire Emblem to the series. Roy would be a Luigified Marth clone at best, which is particially reason why I want Chrom over Roy as well.

Which I could see as well, especially since we won't have to toss Roy in just to put him back in.

And if DLC comes to play, it could be used to rep other characters from Radiant Dawn, Awakening, and either of Marth's games (Micaiah, Sheeda, Lucina, etc). I would pick Micaiah and Lucina.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Yeah Ike could use his father's axe, what was the 5hit called again? lol
Just finished the demo, it reminds me a a hell of a lot of the Fire Emblem (the one with Lyn)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would love to see Roy back, but if they have a more interesting character than can do more than just replace him, then bring him into Smash please. Even if he is another blue haired swordsmen.

Considering I am expecting DLC characters, they could bring Roy back that way as well. I'll have to try the demo. I take it it's on the 3DS shop?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just got done with FE13's demo, you get the first two chapters of the game with 30 tries before the demo expires.

Mostly just paid attention to Chrom, can't say the character interests me all that much yet (probably because I skipped all the dialogues), but I can see him in Smash a little bit more now, can't see him having an interesting moveset yet but he does stand out a bit on his own due to color scheme they went with. Definitely a fusion between Marth and Ike, not just one of them specifically, is kind of a Fabio in a way IMO.

On Chrom in Smash? I'll give it a go.

I can see him getting in either in place of Ike, or alongside both Ike and Marth. He does have potential to be a rather unique fighter since his style borrows from both Marth and Ike in the game (he uses Ike's skill Aether, but Marth's sword). I could see him getting in that way.

I'm not too keen on Japan's reception of him, and I do think most of those in the US think he'll get in simply for being the latest lord in the series (which didn't happen in Brawl, with Micaiah's absence).

On Chrom in Smash? I'll give it a go.

I can see him getting in either in place of Ike, or alongside both Ike and Marth. He does have potential to be a rather unique fighter since his style borrows from both Marth and Ike in the game (he uses Ike's skill Aether, but Marth's sword). I could see him getting in that way.

I'm not too keen on Japan's reception of him, and I do think most of those in the US think he'll get in simply for being the latest lord in the series (which didn't happen in Brawl, with Micaiah's absence).
Well technically they picked Ike because of Path of Radiance, not Radiant Dawn. That is the look he had going for him. They weren't really looking into Radiant Dawn since it was too recent and Brawl was mainly based off of the GBA and Gamecube to begin with (since each Smash is mostly based off the previous gen).

Radiant Dawn has a chance now in SSB4, more so than Brawl where it only had stickers, trophies, and music.

So Micaiah and RD Ike didn't miss it, it was just too late since Sakurai was already working the roster and had it done. Both have a chance now, and I could see both with Marth and Chrom.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I finally found a great example of how I envisioned Saki playing if he were in the next Smash Bros. Just throw in some laser sword attacks to replace some of the physical, and we'd have a dead ringer. Even the super attack is close to the Final Smash idea myself and many others have for him.

http://youtu.be/JRUQk1N4e1k

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, Micaiah would actually be cool. But her chances are just so low. Hopefully, PoR and RD get remakes one day, so in a future Smash Micaiah might have a shot. And personally, I'd like a Micaiah / Sothe duo character even. Further adding to the uniqueness of the character(s).

Ike at this point, definitely won't get cut for a character from his own series. He even is endangered by Chrom, but I'm very relieved his Aether is much different from Ike's.

Ike should definitely use Urvan (Greil's axe ;) ) in his moveset. In a classic Melee / Brawl moveset it might be too difficult aside from a two hit attack with his F Smash (using both Ragnell and Urvan, a sword-axe double hit, first suggested by Manly) which would imo also be awesome.

You know, Micaiah would actually be cool. But her chances are just so low. Hopefully, PoR and RD get remakes one day, so in a future Smash Micaiah might have a shot. And personally, I'd like a Micaiah / Sothe duo character even. Further adding to the uniqueness of the character(s).

Ike at this point, definitely won't get cut for a character from his own series. He even is endangered by Chrom, but I'm very relieved his Aether is much different from Ike's.

Ike should definitely use Urvan (Greil's axe ;) ) in his moveset. In a classic Melee / Brawl moveset it might be too difficult aside from a two hit attack with his F Smash (using both Ragnell and Urvan, a sword-axe double hit, first suggested by Manly) which would imo also be awesome.

Micaiah as DLC if not on the roster. Radiant Dawn characters still make sense and are likely (some of the top choices being Micaiah, Soren, Sothe, and Black Knight/Zelgius), as that would be Ike's appearance as well.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Then again, why would Radiant Dawn's characters take priority over a second character from Shadow Dragon / New Mystery or Awakening? All are more recent games, Awakening is heavily popular, and the DS games are from Marth's game, and FE3 was / is still the most popular installment in the series. Don't wanna discourage you, but we shouldn't really take account a 5th character when we are already not even sure if we get a 3rd or 4th character.

Though, with FE13's double system, Sothe and Micaiah could also sort of represent that feature. Even though it was not featured in their game. Both had A supports since the begin of the game, amd Sothe has the guard ability, which he would guard Micaiah with. In that sence, out of all worthy secondary characters, Micaiah / Sothe really do stand out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I finally found a great example of how I envisioned Saki playing if he were in the next Smash Bros. Just throw in some laser sword attacks to replace some of the physical, and we'd have a dead ringer. Even the super attack is close to the Final Smash idea myself and many others have for him.

http://youtu.be/JRUQk1N4e1k
I can't quite see myself actually (so Saki drops stuff out of the sky?). Emmett's kinda slow and lacks the rapid fire power that goes with Saki. Can kinda see what you mean with Emmett's level 3 though.

As a side note, I also went ahead watched Kat's trailer as well, her level 3 is what I picture Giga Mac acting like. lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Saki should play like his AT self. His should basically write itself. And I picture him playing most like Pit, for I dunno what reasons. :reverse:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can't quite see myself actually (so Saki drops stuff out of the sky?). Emmett's kinda slow and lacks the rapid fire power that goes with Saki. Can kinda see what you mean with Emmett's level 3 though.

As a side note, I also went ahead watched Kat's trailer as well, her level 3 is what I picture Giga Mac acting like. lol
Well of course that stuff obviously wouldn't translate to Saki, since he has never displayed any ability, in game or otherwise, to do those things. What I am referring to is that hunter like, gun centered gameplay that is the basis of Emmitt's attacks. I can see that being the basis of a Saki moveset.

Then again, why would Radiant Dawn's characters take priority over a second character from Shadow Dragon / New Mystery or Awakening? All are more recent games, Awakening is heavily popular, and the DS games are from Marth's game, and FE3 was / is still the most popular installment in the series. Don't wanna discourage you, but we shouldn't really take account a 5th character when we are already not even sure if we get a 3rd or 4th character.

I think Marth represents his games by himself quite well. If he needed a second it would be Sheeda, but since she rides a pegasus that would kind of make her a hard character to make (possibly overpowered for Smash).

The two Awakening choices are Chrom and Lucina. Chrom is very likely since he is the main character (and that is who they usually choose). Lucina plays a big role but she is almost like Marth, some differences but not much. I do think she would make way more sense than Roy though. If there were any other possible choices it would be Lissa and Frederick, both of whom would make way better ATs.

That leaves Radiant Dawn, and alongside Ike, Micaiah was a main character in it.

I am not talking about a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc character, I am talking about who would overall represent the roster (for both on disc as well as DLC). Marth will get in, and Chrom is very likely as well. Micaiah and Ike both have good chances, being the leads from the same game. Other possible choices are Lucina, Frederick, Lissa, and Sheeda. Most of which could be ATs.

I am looking at it as more of who are the most recent and relevant characters from the last 4 Fire Emblem games (Radiant Dawn to Awakening) and that leads me to Marth, Micaiah, Chrom, Ike, and Lucina. The same 5 from that picture I posted yesterday.

The likes of a Roy or Lyn, who haven't had games in forever, shouldn't just get in over the likes of them. As DLC I can see them, they are "classic" and "wanted". But on the main roster? Over the more recent and relevant five up above? No.

Don't get me wrong, I loved playing as Roy in Melee (he was my favorite) and would love to play his game (if there is a remake I could) but I don't think it should be done just because he is highly wanted and just to toss him back in there. If there was an actual reason to put him back in there, like his game being remade, then I would say yes. Till then? No.

However I could easily see Awakening Roy as an alt character for Marth.

When it comes to Lyn, she fits pretty much in the same boat. The character is cool and a double sword user would be nice, but she is really only wanted because of "popularity" and to make up for Brawl. I would like to see her but she would need an actual reason to be put in as well, like her game being remade.

I could see her however as DLC, even over Lucina for my recent picture.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Well technically they picked Ike because of Path of Radiance, not Radiant Dawn. That is the look he had going for him. They weren't really looking into Radiant Dawn since it was too recent and Brawl was mainly based off of the GBA and Gamecube to begin with (since each Smash is mostly based off the previous gen.
I wouldn't say Brawl was based off of the GBA/GCN era, but I will give you that Radiant Dawn came a bit too late. I imagine it was a similar case as to when Sakurai took IS his Ike design, they likely showed him Radiant Dawn Ike and he said it was too late to change it. Even though a whole year between (the Japanese) releases seems like an awful lot of time to me.

As I see it, most of Nintendo's Wii releases came out late in Brawls development, so it's no wonder we didn't see any stages from said games.

But, back to Chrom, now that I think of this, it could put Chrom in an interesting spot. The big announcement of Namco developing Smash came in June of last year; I'm going to go with the assumption that the roster was finalized by July of last year (I know, it could still change, but work with me here). What month did FEA hit Japan? April. Looking at it that way, I'd say Chrom's chances are pretty good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Story-related, Micaiah indeed stands out as a secondary character. But, I editted that post you quoted DSN, so you might wanna check that out. ;) I picture Micaiah / Sothe as easily the most unique, viable secondary FE character(s). Only Shiida could rival them, but a pegasus would be really hard to implement (about Ridley's level I'd think).

Also really agree that Lucina makes more sence than Roy. And actually, I might even prefer her over Roy. Both would be alike to Marth anyway.

DSN, if you want I could help you play FE6. You'll have to emulate it though, dunno if you mind or not?

I wouldn't say Brawl was based off of the GBA/GCN era, but I will give you that Radiant Dawn came a bit too late. I imagine it was a similar case as to when Sakurai took IS his Ike design, they likely showed him Radiant Dawn Ike and he said it was too late to change it. Even though a whole year between (the Japanese) releases seems like an awful lot of time to me.

As I see it, most of Nintendo's Wii releases came out late in Brawls development, so it's no wonder we didn't see any stages from said games.

But, back to Chrom, now that I think of this, it could put Chrom in an interesting spot. The big announcement of Namco developing Smash came in June of last year; I'm going to go with the assumption that the roster was finalized by July of last year (I know, it could still change, but work with me here). What month did FEA hit Japan? April. Looking at it that way, I'd say Chrom's chances are pretty good.
1. If you look at most of Brawl's roster (besides returning ones and Lucario), they were all from the Gamecube and GBA.

2. I am not denying Chrom, I am just saying that Micaiah and RD Ike are a lot more likely now since the game has been out for long enough (so they can look back on it).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, I keep on wondering if that Sothe AT that someone apperantly spotted in the demo of Brawl was a lie or not...

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
1. If you look at most of Brawl's roster (besides returning ones and Lucario), they were all from the Gamecube and GBA.

2. I am not denying Chrom, I am just saying that Micaiah and RD Ike are a lot more likely now since the game has been out for long enough (so they can look back on it).
No, no, I'm not disagreeing with you per-say, just looking at it from a different angle. My main point there was that most of Nintendo's Wii versions of whatever franchise didn't hit until late or after Brawls development so that may have explained it. Similar to how Melee featured little Cube titles because it came out so close to the Cube's launch.

At the end of the day, I agree with you though. Radiant Dawn can be looked to now for inspiration, but the question is will they. I'm personally hoping for more FE4 and 5 references, but that's just me.

@ Sothe AT - At this point, who knows. There's no data in Brawl to suggest it ever existed is there? But they may have changed it to Lyn...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, Lyn was already reported, and possibly already confirmed on the Dojo as AT. There was also the Pegasus Knights AT, but it could be all big bs though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

He mostly reminded me of Ike. The beginning animation in which he pulls his sword out of the ground for his attack animation reminded me of one of Ike's taunts. Marth in the Fire Emblem games mostly had forward stabs (think his neutral b) or a slash. I have not seen Chrom use a forward stab yet. He seems to follow the more masculine blue-hair sword-wielder arche-type (Sigurd and Ike being the previous iterations of this).

On a sidenote, I just realized this but I never saw (perhaps rarely saw) Chrom and Zoroark requested on their own in Japan. Most of the time they are mentioned its usually along the lines of "I think this is what the roster will be" or "I think Chrom/Zoroark will replace Ike/Lucario". I think they may be more expected than wanted. Maybe if Chepe is reading this he can clarify this (he seems to be a Pokemon buff), but Lucario outside of the Smash Bros. series still seems to be more popular than Zoroark, and actually ended up being promoted more by the end of Generation 5 than Zoroark was. Perhaps Chrom is suffering from Zoroark-syndrome as well (ie. too much of a retread of another popular character, and said character suffers for it). I still say Chrom is to Ike like Zoroark is to Lucario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth's moveset was really well done in Brawl and Melee. The more I play as him, the more I realise this. Forward Smash came directly from FE1 for example.

Chrono might dislike me for this, but Lucario taking priority over Zoroark means he's just more popular. Zoroark, unlike Chrom also isn't a main character, and Zoroark could easily be left put for a Gen 6 rep, and of coarse Mewtwo. Chrom is a mian character, and can easily co-exist with Ike, as FE is still quite under represented. Unlike Pokemon. Also, Mewtwo is wether you like it or not, more popular than Roy.

Story-related, Micaiah indeed stands out as a secondary character. But, I editted that post you quoted DSN, so you might wanna check that out. ;) I picture Micaiah / Sothe as easily the most unique, viable secondary FE character(s). Only Shiida could rival them, but a pegasus would be really hard to implement (about Ridley's level I'd think).

Also really agree that Lucina makes more sence than Roy. And actually, I might even prefer her over Roy. Both would be alike to Marth anyway.

DSN, if you want I could help you play FE6. You'll have to emulate it though, dunno if you mind or not?

Though she was the lead for the first 1/4 of the game. And more of a co-lead with Ike for the last 1/4 (even if Ike might have been a little higher). So for about half of the game she was a lead and important, same as Ike (second half).

Maybe they could do a Micaiah and Sothe team.

Lucina would at least be the better choice if they wanted someone that was close to Marth.

Sure, you can let me know where. Not like I will do it since I don't like to emulate but at least knowing gives me the chance to try if I wanted to. Thanks.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Chrono might dislike me for this, but Lucario taking priority over Zoroark means he's just more popular. Zoroark, unlike Chrom also isn't a main character, and Zoroark could easily be left put for a Gen 6 rep, and of coarse Mewtwo. Chrom is a mian character, and can easily co-exist with Ike, as FE is still quite under represented. Unlike Pokemon. Also, Mewtwo is wether you like it or not, more popular than Roy.
I just think people are very over-defensive of Ike in regards to Chrom. On many other sites, people don't want both Ike and Chrom. Chrom is giving a lot of people a strong Ike vibe too. Also, the main character thing (in regards to Pokemon) is not fair, I mean even the biggest most popular Pokemon (Pikachu) is simply another face in the crowd in the Pokemon games. In Pokemon, faces and popularity work differently than in other series, and a lot of the time it spawns from the anime and movies.

Also, of course Roy is not as popular as Mewtwo, one is the from the biggest Nintendo series next to Mario while the other is from a rather small veteran series.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't mind Chrom replacing Ike in the slightest. Ike's my guy as a main, but if Chrom can give me the same playstyle for a character I enjoy better, sure. He's the only one I wouldn't cry about being victimized.

But let's get back to Saki...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucina would perhaps indeed take priority as a 'secondary' character, but Sothe / Micaiah are easily more unique.

Could help you, but am not too experienced. If you Google 'Fire Emblem 6 English' you already come a long way. YouTube has instuctions as well.

Wish Fire Emblem was more popular. Then we could've perhaps indeed have 5 characters...

Ike's cut would kinda upset me, but I could see it happening. Especially if they wanna keep the roster to a minimum, thus only having 2 chars for FE. Was really supportive to his inclusion in Brawl, and his playstyle in Brawl is quite unique. Also don't think Chrom call pull of the same playstyle quite as easily, as Ike also looks a lot more brutish than Chrom, but as with Lucario / Mewtwo, Chrom could just take priority over Ike.

Would miss Ike though. He's still the most awesome FE char to this date imo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
But let's get back to Saki...
Yeah, I don't like FE discussion since it just goes on in circles (even worse than Pokemon). I think at least the next Pokemon debate will be fresh though (since we will be discussing the first major promotional Pokemon of Generation 6).

Also, on one last sidenote pertaining to FE13, in the demo I got a Leaf's sword, or rather should say Leif's sword. All these years of using Leaf and all the jokes I made in-game when playing FE5 with him ("I'm going to make like a Leaf (leaf) and flee away." :troll: , since a lot of FE5's chapters were escape ones). For those who don't know, Leaf is the guy in my avatar. Leaf in FE5 also had the durability of a leaf. :rimshot: (I still really liked him despite him being perhaps the weakest lord).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really need to play FE4 / FE5. Played the first 2 or 3 chapters of FE4 but got quite confused with the game and how you're supposed to partner your characters.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I really need to play FE4 / FE5. Played the first 2 or 3 chapters of FE4 but got quite confused with the game and how you're supposed to partner your characters.
I'd play them, but I'm deterred by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a complete translation for either. Plus I have other games in the series I want to finish first.

Can anyone recommend the best translations for FE4/5?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Guess I missed the last of the FE talk, but I'll just throw in that I also don't see both Ike and Chrom at the same time. It's one or the other (and I don't mind, even as an Ike main).
-
As for Saki, I am ashamed to admit, I don't have much knowledge of Sin & Punishment, but the idea of a laser-sword-gunman has to mean something, right? And besides, Sakurai himself said we wished he was playable (I don't actually think that meant anything).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hardly see Chrom as being able to pull off Ike's playstyle. Maybe with a power nerf, and a speed buff? Would still not really like that though.

If it happens, Sheik better be out for Impa though. :reverse:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just think people are very over-defensive of Ike in regards to Chrom.
I'd say the same about you and Roy. :smirk:

Anyway I'm still seeing that there's just as many differences as there are similarities, that said I myself am starting to move onto the Chrom boat, with FE13 most likely being the final turning point. Sorry Roy.

EDIT: Alright, we can save the talk for when the game comes out. Especially no more Micaiah/Lyn stuff (take it to their own respective threads).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

I vastly prefer FE5 to FE4. FE5 is one of my favorite games in the series. FE4 is far superior in terms of plot, but FE5 is much better in terms of gameplay. Easily one of my favorite games in the series.

Also, some more localized name changes:

Fin is now Finn (meh, one extra n does not change things)
Othin (an awesome unit from FE5) is now Orsin (wth)
Cellica (one of the lords from FE2) is now Celica (like with Fin, one less l is not bad)
Sigurd is still Sigurd.

Perhaps the worst one of them all (easily up there with Sheeda becoming Caeda) is Celice is now Seliph. :urg:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think they are different perse. Maybe throphies, came to life. But definitely drawn from their character in their respective games. Also, definitely NOT cannon to all universes.
If they cannot be canon in Smash, they ain't the same one. And outside of Kirby, who actually may be Canon as a Smash Character(Master Hand and Crazy explicitly appear in one of the games), and possibly Mario due to him now being more or less a kind of actor... which would work if Doctor Mario wasn't an entirely separate character(and possibly person) in Smash...

Don't try to make Sheik fit in like that though. We know she shouldn't be there. :rolleyes:
She's part of Zelda in Smash. Same person, always will be. They're just different characters(which is different, as that's basically what a character file is)

Zelda's Down B is basically a warp between time and space in Brawl.
No, it really isn't. Stop pulling that bullcrap. Zelda and Sheik are the same person in Smash and always will be.

Also I don't think the Forbidden 7 are more likely or more deserving than others. Outside of Mewtwo perhaps, I see none of the Forbidden 7 as likely candidates above new additions from their series. No, not even Roy and Dixie. They'd make great additional reps to Chrom and K.Rool though.
Hah hah hah, no. They were planned, which means they were meant to be characters first. That makes them entirely far more deserving since they had character files. Likely is not the same story. And I see them all in the same route right now. None of them are any more likely than the other.

But with that said, Toon 'Sheik' can also get a spiritual revival as Impa. So if you wanna go that route...
Wouldn't be a Toon Sheik then. Tetra, however, would work.(especially since unlike the Zelda/Sheik combo, she's a literal different Zelda)

Diddy, I get you do not like Sheik, but don't spread bullcrap about what happens in the game. There is no time/space crap. Sheik was planned for TP, which means she could've existed in their, and Zelda decided to not use that form.(which is entirely logical since Sheik was just a magical costume and was not meant to be specific to OOT Zelda anyway) In Smash, Zelda(Adult) and Sheik will always be the same person. And will have different character files.

She's still Zelda, and will stay that way. Get over it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We Europeans had Shiida though. :awesome: Caeda is just wrong, on many levels. Do you recognise the names Ogma and Nabarl as well?

Seliph is also just awful... But it's a manlier name than Celice at least.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Perhaps the worst one of them all (easily up there with Sheeda becoming Caeda) is Celice is now Seliph. :urg:
WTF? I can't even pronounce that, how wasn't Celice fine for English speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom