• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Here you can basically test who are your favorite Pokemon: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~msandbot/pokemon/blackwhite.html .

Gonna do the test myself now. It's very funny, cause last time, my Top 10 bascially had all Pokemon who where once playable in Smash. :awesome: Mewtwo was nr1, Pikachu second and I think Charizard third. Will post results when I'm done.

I think this test has been bull ****ting me. No way Skitty would be in my top 10. O.o

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It BSed me, too. I don't even LIKE Mismagius, and yet Crustle wasn't in my Top 10 because I had to choose between him and Marowak in the Top 12. Mismagius got a free ride...

According to the test, it says:

1. Marowak
2. Qwilfish
3. Breloom
4. Luxray
5. Nidoking
6. Mismagius
7. Venusaur
8. Chandelure
9. Arcanine
10. Primeape

My Actual Top 10:

1. Marowak
2. Crustle
3. Qwilfish
4. Chandelure
5. Castform
6. Venusaur
7. Drifblim
8. Breloom
9. Luxray
10. Whimsicott

Although to be fair Arcanine and Primeape are easily in the Top 20.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had Skitty and that weird ice cone Pokemon in my Top 10... O.o The rest was pretty accurate, except for Moltress (even though it could probably make my... top 50 lol), but I clicked it away. This link makes you select which generations you'd like to rate: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~msandbot/pokemon/ . Thinking I'm gonna leave the 5th gen out for next time.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
According to that test, my top 10 Pokémon are:
1. Chandelure
2. Zweilous
3. Hydreigon
4. Haxorus
5. Haunter
6. Dusclops
7. Tyranitar
8. Gastly
9. Lampent
10. Litwick
A mix of Ghost, Dark and Dragon-types... just as I expected. :evil:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Here you can basically test who are your favorite Pokemon: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~msandbot/pokemon/blackwhite.html .

Gonna do the test myself now. It's very funny, cause last time, my Top 10 bascially had all Pokemon who where once playable in Smash. :awesome: Mewtwo was nr1, Pikachu second and I think Charizard third. Will post results when I'm done.

I think this test has been bull ****ting me. No way Skitty would be in my top 10. O.o
That test is too time-consuming with how many Pokemon there are now. :laugh: Might do it later.

D

Deleted member

I would think most of you all have school or jobs to keep you occupied?
Work as an ESL teacher in Spain.. Around 5 hrs Mon-Fri. It's an easy and fun job. Especially with the young ones and the adults. Pre-teens are rough though. I'm fortunate enough to make very good pay, especially for low number of work hours. Currently I'm saving up so I can move outta Spain with my sights set on Fukuoka Japan by Spring 2016. Aside from that, I do Uni, currently in my 2nd year. I need a degree before I can get a work visa in Japan. So I'm stuck here till then. I live by myself in my own flat and am completely single (thank God for that, women are too damn time consuming...). So I have a lot of freedom. Only downside is that my family is on the other side of the planet, so I don't see them very often outside of skype. However atm we got exams coming up and next semester is gonna be busier, so between that and the gym, I got plenty to keep me occupied.

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Please not this again... There have been so many arguments/discussions about fire emblem, it just seems to become raging because no one will give up their side
Usually because someone comes in and says why this character isn't/can't be eligible and how someone else is better choice/more likelier choice.Not that everyone does it but that's how it usually triggers up. :glare:

D

Deleted member

And usually that someone is he who shall not be named.

EDIT: Can't take a joke.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Subtractions: R.O.B JigglyPuff, Lucario,
Additions: Bowser JR, Waluigi, Rosalina, Gen 3 Pokemon Trainer Female, Zorark, Ghirahim, Lyndis, Tails, King K rool, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Black Shadow, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Megaman, Vaati, Second Yoshi?????????? ( reportedly the makers of yoshi land want one in idk much about that) there we go 50 characters.
Ugh. The bold in particular.

And assuming the 3rd gen trainer has three Pokemon, then your roster is actually 56 characters, not 50. I assume you meant 50 slots.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Marth, Ike, Chrom, then maybe Roy. Would prefer many other characters over Chrom and Roy, but can't deny they are the most likely.

Women are really, really time consuming indeed Manly. Got no job atm, but an employment agency has work for me. Just gotta wait till they call me. The Hugo Boss store rejected me to today, the *******s. :glare:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. The bold in particular.
Reacted the same way.

Idk if I've said this on the boards, but my favorite Lord is actually Ephraim. I'd love to see him in, I just no it's not likely. So I support Roy mainly, with Chrom getting recognition from me too.
But Ephraim...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Manly does it just because he's trying to make a statement of a playstyle though with Lyn, while Chrono is pretty much like: 'No it should be Roy, cause he's our boy, and he's Roy, so he should be in. :roymelee: :roymelee: :roymelee: '

I'm kinda in between with this, as I expect Roy (though, not before Chrom or Ike) yet would prefer Lyn. Lyn would just have a much more unique playstyle, and I like reading Manly's ideas about FE characters.

I personally would like just about any FE character, and just throw in ideas wherever possible. Some FE characters I would like for example are: Hector, Sigurd (on his horse, DISREGARD THE ESTABLISHMENT :cool: ), Soren, Black Knight Zelgius, Shiida (on pegasus, **** THA POLICE), Ephraim... But yeah, none of them are even likely in the slightest. Just hope to see some of them as ATs maybe...

In general, I want the weapon triangle to be represented in Smash. And since Ike can use axes, and Chrom lances, plus Sakurai saying the characters will have new moves, it got me hoping that Ike will use Urvan in some moves, and Chrom whatever sort of lance. That way, I can forget about Hector and Ephraim more easily.

I still like Ike the best out of any FE character though. :ike:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Manly does it just because he's trying to make a statement of a playstyle though with Lyn, while Chrono is pretty much like: 'No it should be Roy, cause he's our boy, and he's Roy, so he should be in. :roymelee: :roymelee: :roymelee: '

Thanks for lying about me. i don't do that, and lots of other users here would vouch for me. This disgusting libel is the reason why I left and why this thread is dying. However, I would expect nothing less from someone who tries to shoehorn Impa and Anthony Higgs into every conversation.

Also, secondly, Manly does not do it to make a statement about her playstyle. Most of the time he is talking up how important she is despite all evidence that points otherwise. He also makes up crap all the time about Roy, and constantly insults other users (or encouraging other people to go kill themselves).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was over exaggerating man. :p We all do this to some extend though.

Don't really think Manly means anything like that though.

We can all pretty much stop the bs though, this ain't no Fire Emblem. We don't need to go to war just for story's sake. :reverse: Can't we all just get along?

I'd probably make a sexy Hero however... :cool:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This kind of crap is the reason why I view gaming communities and forums as scum. They are a hive of heartless, narcissitic, sociopathic individuals who have disdain for anyone with an opinion or worldview different from their own. Just go into any off-topic forum on a game site, and check out their opinions on other differing religions or political opinions to get a whiff of the intolerance and vitriol they have for their fellow human beings.

Outside of Smash Bros., I have no use for online forums.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He does make a point though, but that doesn't mean I'll have to agree with it. We are not meant to take our lives, but endure. Yet, people shouldn't really be posting about stuff like that on a gaming forum. Have endured lots and lots pf **** in my life, and still am going through a lot, but never would kill myself. Ever.
Except by smoking green maybe, but that's not directly.
Generally we should remember, we don't endure the worst of the worst. If we can post a message like this, on the internet, we are already about 80% more wealthy as the rest of the world, thus, in many cases, we can be enfied even for this. Just spread the love man.

Still, Smash related, Impa should make such a more awesome addition than Sheik.
Had to stay on topic, sorry.

D

Deleted member

In a vein, he's right.
If some dumb**** claims that they are going to commit suicide for dumb reasons, they should just do it and stop wasting everyone's time for attention. There are people with worse problems than them, yet still have the strength to continue on. So if they want to be weak and pathetic, they shouldn't waste other people's time.
And even if they aren't seriously going to do it (which is pretty much EVERY TIME), to act as though they are is inconsiderate to those with REAL issues, making the ones who say that just attention-seeking sick ****s in general.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I also feel like an oddball on the internet, but I feel at least on here, the internet, people dare to express their real vallues. As they KNOW they are ****ing insane, yet surpress their hatred inside in real life. Seeing those sort of comments hateful like that is a good experience to see how people really think sometimes. It's quite eye opening if you look at it in perspective.

D

Deleted member

Agreed. Sometimes the internet is the only way to express yourself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can't believe I am reading this from you people. There are a lot of people that are much weaker than others and had terrible childhoods and upbringing, and have poor social development, so they don't have the emotional strength to deal with things you deem "petty".

I really hope that someday your eyes are opened to the hardship and pain of others.

I would like to drop this topic, however, my opinion on this site was brought even lower by how little many people here seem to value human life.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I never said that they would be petty, quite the opposite. Can relate more to those sort of people, cause I've been there before. Help quite a lot of people out in real life to, and would never encourage anyone to do themselves harm.

The internet is a good way to express yourself, but as said before, some people take it too far. And only express their hatred and wickedness otherwise surpresses. But even here on the internet, I'm often quite misunderstood. :rolleyes: Even if I express my deepest feelings.

Would like to drop this subject to however. Just wanna make jokes about Nintendo characters again, much more light hearted...

D

Deleted member

Stop being a White Knight.
I am well aware that people have hardships. However, the people that claim they are going to commit suicide over trivial **** on a fricking GAMING FORUM are nothing but attention seeking bloodsuckers. They don't really mean it; they're trying to get people to feel sorry about them and give them what they want.
Perhaps someday your eyes will be opened to the ugliness that is reality.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would like to drop this topic, however, my opinion on this site was brought even lower by how little many people here seem to value human life.
Considering that there are so many filthy scumbags running around this planet slaughtering, cheating, and ****** each other for the hell of it, I would hardly be surprised if people thought human life was nothing but one big flop.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In general, I want the weapon triangle to be represented in Smash. And since Ike can use axes, and Chrom lances, plus Sakurai saying the characters will have new moves, it got me hoping that Ike will use Urvan in some moves, and Chrom whatever sort of lance. That way, I can forget about Hector and Ephraim more easily.
This reminds me of the control scheme idea I've presented a number of times. If done right, you could add AROUND the current movesets so that the characters retain most of the core aspects of their playstyle, but they have more to work with. To illustrate this a little more than before:
[COLLAPSE="New Control Scheme"]
A: Light Attack
X: Medium Attack
A+X: Heavy Attack (seems intuitive, no?)

B: Light Special
A+B: Medium Special
X+B: Heavy Special
A+X+B: EX Specials and specific moves (depends on character).

When it comes to the ground normals, you really wouldn't be adding much beyond the medium attack group. Aerials wouldn't change much other than possibly being spread out since we've seen that aerials are very versatile due to the jump system.[/COLLAPSE]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am well aware that people have hardships. However, the people that claim they are going to commit suicide over trivial **** on a fricking GAMING FORUM are nothing but attention seeking bloodsuckers. They don't really mean it; they're trying to get people to feel sorry about them and give them what they want.
I am well aware of that many times its a cry for attention. Many of these people have terrible family relations, few (or no) friends, and had a dysfunctional upbringing. They have real problems, whether you would like to accept that or not.

I am sorry that you are so bitter and vitriolic towards these people. I hope and pray that some day your heart will become warmer than it is now. I really do, and I am not saying that to insult you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In some instances, that's true. On other instances, it's not. I could go deeper in this subject, as I was in a relationship for many months with a severe border liner. I know when these sort of things are said in a serious manner and when not.

Yes, reality is ugly. But that's life, making the ugliness just a little prettier. As cheesy as that sounds, it's a good cure for a lot of bitterness. You can face reality in many ways other than having to talk about how much this world sucks. Help improving it a little instead.

Am not a White Knight by any means. Tried to be one once yes, didn't work. Still, hardships of others shouldn't be ignored. And sure, you can't safe the world from behind your computer screen, but there's always at least SOMETHING you can do for someone.

I try to do this by trying to make people laugh. If only a little.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hey sup, guys whats goi--

What the hell is going on!?
They really need to make more mods (especially for this sub-forum). A lot of the problems this thread has is some people want to start up **** and say bad things about other users.

A heavy policing for this thread for a month or two would be just the enema that this thread needs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
OwO
Wow this thread got dark.

This reminds me of the control scheme idea I've presented a number of times. If done right, you could add AROUND the current movesets so that the characters retain most of the core aspects of their playstyle, but they have more to work with. To illustrate this a little more than before:

A: Light Attack
X: Medium Attack
A+X: Heavy Attack (seems intuitive, no?)

B: Light Special
A+B: Medium Special
X+B: Heavy Special
A+X+B: EX Specials and specific moves (depends on character).
I don't think Smash needs any additional attack buttons. The current 3-button(Attack-Special-Grab) system works just fine IMO, and I think any additional buttons would just complicate things.

I really dislike this system you have laid out here. It complicates things way too much, losing that surface level simplicity that has always kept Smash accessible.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Jesus! Just what IS going on here?

Just some friendly advice Chrono:
http://wikihow.com/Stop-Being-a-Condescending-Person

It might make you a more likable person... Oh and before you start, I don't the time to argue with you today. Send me a PM and I may reply in the future

That link would be more helpful to you than myself, considering you are pretty much the posterchild for a condescending poster. I have been very busy lately so I have not time to post anything Smash related, however, I don't have tolerance for people talking **** about me and making up crappy hyperboles about me.

Also, I never enjoy arguing with you or anyone else. Secondly, I am well-respected on this forum. The only people who don't like me are people are usually people who support Lyn or Krystal. :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
OwO
Wow this thread got dark.

I don't think Smash needs any additional attack buttons. The current 3-button(Attack-Special-Grab) system works just fine IMO, and I think any additional buttons would just complicate things.

I really dislike this system you have laid out here. It complicates things way too much, losing that surface level simplicity that has always kept Smash accessible.
Then how about substituting X for Shield? And I still don't see what makes it much more inaccessible. It's just a simple logic that more buttons means stronger attack. In terms of ergonomics based on the WiiU and 3DS button layouts, it's not difficult like you might get with a GC controller.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I WAS JOKING MANNNN!

Just like how people joke about me and Impa, sitting in a tree and all.

See, I do it myself now. Sometimes, we need to stop taking certain things so seriously.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Keep that picture, and change E3 for 'release' for after E3.

Yes, I doubt we'll be getting any information.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I can't remember Manly acting superior/condescending towards us. For a fella who even admits Lyn's not very likely despite him supporting her, that's some sign of humility to the community IMO. And so far I can't remember him shoving his opinions down our throats, just telling how interesting they would be in Smash (and personally he's done a good job.)

It's bit creepy that I'm try to see through him despite him being kinda insultive in 4chan way at times but I don't think he's a rude person. So far he hasn't insulted me even despite me also being doubtful of Lyn's chances and so far he's brought more interesting things than being this rude poster who none likes. Usually in regards of FE-rep speaking that's where things get heated.

MoonMonkey: I guess that's for the best. We're seemingly getting SmashBurned by news drought.

Diddy: I flail inbetween: I expect info to come EITHER AT E3 or AFTER E3.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Then how about substituting X for Shield?
Not sure what you mean by this.

And I still don't see what makes it much more inaccessible. It's just a simple logic that more buttons means stronger attack.
Smash already has a mechanic for having strong and weak attacks using the analog stick. And if you add a second button for a new set of normals, what does that mean? Is it a whole new set of Tilts/Smashes/Aerials? Or is just a set of four new attacks? IMO in the latter case it seems wasteful, and in both cases it seems overly complicated.

If you want to really understand my perspective on the matter, I suggest you watch this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom