• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Recently did a Path of Radiance, and a Radiant Dawn run. Playing Super Metroid currently though! :samus:

Seems like we all love us some Fire Emblem. Which is quite possibly why our debates for this specific series are so heated. :laugh:

What where your best characters in your playthroughs?

In PoR, I used:
Ike, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Nasir, Mia, Zihark, Nephenee, Ellincia. Didn't raise too many characters, but the first 3 pretty much got ALL their stats maxed. Boyd especially on the earlier levels was UNSTOPABLE. He even had more Speed than Strenght at some point, I had to seriously hold him back lol (wish that also was the case in RD).

In RD, I used:
Ike, Soren (A supports), Boyd, Haar, Nephenee (though I also wanted to use Devdan- but his strenght sucked :c ), Shinon (he's BOSS), Caineghis, Kurtnaga (with Blossom + Paragon), underleveled Sothe and Micaiah (Sanaki was a higher level than them, wanted to try her out), Mia and Ellincia.

Haar was seriously Speed screwed, but he always ends up being irreplaceable. Tried my best raising Callil, Zihark, Jill, Ranulf, but all turned out not so awesome. Sothe had serious good stats, and I pretty much used him all my playthrough untill the later chapters in Part 4. So I feel kinda had I didn't use him so much. Had a bad time raising Boyd, can't stand his base stats. Why is he so slow? His strenght and durability also don't really make up for it, and I don't like RD Oscar. Titania was also raised, but couldn't stand her low HP (also, why the hell did she use swords instead of lances as a second weapon??).

Wanna do a FE4 playthrough soon. Afterwards, FE5 will follow.

And I remember I have an unfinished Sacred Stones file around, but I really dislike Eirika, so am not quite as motivated to finish the game. Seth, however, makes up for it. He's pretty much modern day Sigurd. :rolleyes:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Recently did a Path of Radiance, and a Radiant Dawn run. Playing Super Metroid currently though! :samus:

Seems like we all love us some Fire Emblem. Which is quite possibly why our debates for this specific series are so heated. :laugh:

What where your best characters in your playthroughs?

In PoR, I used:
Ike, Soren, Boyd, Oscar, Nasir, Mia, Zihark, Nephenee, Ellincia. Didn't raise too many characters, but the first 3 pretty much got ALL their stats maxed. Boyd especially on the earlier levels was UNSTOPABLE. He even had more Speed than Strenght at some point, I had to seriously hold him back lol (wish that also was the case in RD).

In RD, I used:
Ike, Soren (A supports), Boyd, Haar, Nephenee (though I also wanted to use Devdan- but his strenght sucked :c ), Shinon (he's BOSS), Caineghis, Kurtnaga (with Blossom + Paragon), underleveled Sothe and Micaiah (Sanaki was a higher level than them, wanted to try her out), Mia and Ellincia.

Haar was seriously Speed screwed, but he always ends up being irreplaceable. Tried my best raising Callil, Zihark, Jill, Ranulf, but all turned out not so awesome. Sothe had serious good stats, and I pretty much used him all my playthrough untill the later chapters in Part 4. So I feel kinda had I didn't use him so much. Had a bad time raising Boyd, can't stand his base stats. Why is he so slow? His strenght and durability also don't really make up for it, and I don't like RD Oscar. Titania was also raised, but couldn't stand her low HP (also, why the hell did she use swords instead of lances as a second weapon??).

Wanna do a FE4 playthrough soon. Afterwards, FE5 will follow.

And I remember I have an unfinished Sacred Stones file around, but I really dislike Eirika, so am not quite as motivated to finish the game. Seth, however, makes up for it. He's pretty much modern day Sigurd. :rolleyes:
OMG I remembered hating PoR. I was never able to do the triangle attack with Oscar, Rolf and Boyd. 3rd attempt and i was like:

Oh heeeellll no! This is some BULL-5HIT! I'm just gonna finish the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
All need to use Bows though. lol

Which sucks, cause I wanna use Axes with Oscar.

Also never really had the patience of raising Rolf, but when I did, he was somewhat good. In Radiant Dawn, I usually level him to but always pick Shinon in the end, cause he likes dodging more, and what he lacks in Strenght, BEXP makes up for it. :reverse:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
What are are everyone favorite franchises from Nintendo? And do you pick your main from one of your favs? I know I do! 3 of my top favorites are Zelda, Mother, and Pokemon

:phone:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
What are are everyone favorite franchises from Nintendo? And do you pick your main from one of your favs? I know I do! 3 of my top favorites are Zelda, Mother, and Pokemon
My Faves are Zelda, Fire Emblem, and Mario. I main characters from those games, though in FE's case it was Smash that introduced me to the characters.

EDIT: Dammit, forgot Kirby. <3 me some Kirby.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Hmm cool stuff guys! I like hearing about these things. @shinpichu yeah same here! if not for Marth and Roy I might not have ever looked into FE. Also ssb64 introduced me too Mother

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, Zelda and Metroid might've been it for me. Loved Pokemon a lot before Gen 4 came as well, and maybe Mario to. Also played both EarthBound and Mother 3, so maybe I'm a Mother fan to? Dunno. Haven't played a lot of Zeldas and Metroids though (especially Metroid, couldn't even finish Prime 1). So yeah, maybe nowadays you could call me at best a Donkey Kong and Fire Emblem fan. Zelda and Metroid come next, then probably Mother, Mario and Pokemon.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

Pokemon and Kirby are my fav franchises in Smash already but that doesn't really effect who i play as. my mains in Brawl are Marth, Toon Link, and Olimar with Samus and PKMN Trainer up there as well. and in Melee it was Sheik and Marth

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I hated that I couldn't play my favorite characters effectively in Melee, namely DK and Mewtwo. So recently I switched sides, and took on Ganondorf, Sheik and Marth. Can also play some Link, Samus, and Jigglypuff though. But most effectively would be DK, Ganondorf and Sheik. Learning Marth though.

Am VERY happy that my main in Brawl is so overpowered, and my favorite game character ever though. :awesome: Still, also play DK and Ike occasionally, as well as Ness, Samus and Link.

N64 had Pikachu at the time, and I thought he played awesome, so I always picked him. Heard from peeps I have a wicked DK though. Which is something that always makes me happy.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430

Pokemon, Red was my first game ever. Zelda, Lttp was my first console game. Kid Icarus, simply because it's still fresh in my mind. I sorta of pick my mains from those. I do like PT, TL, and Pit in Brawl, but those were more coincidences then conscious descisions.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
while i like the Kirby series, I'm not very good with the characters in Smash. Pokemon characters im just ok with. Pikachu is probably the one im most comfortable with. i just more or less try everyone out and then decide who i'm most comfortable with.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

1) Yoshi Story/Island - I main Yoshi in every game he is present in. From Mario Kart to Mario Tennis :awesome:

2) Donkey Kong Country

3) Pokemon (Only Gen 2 and 3 though)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why are we talking about favorite franchises in a roster discussion?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Why not? We've talked about everything else, plus all these games are important to the roster lol

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Why are we talking about favorite franchises in a roster discussion?
Someone asked if anyone mained the characters from his/her favorite Nintendo franchise

Anyways for me it's true, I really enjoyed playing as Luigi in the N64 days (in MarioKart 64 specifically), and when I got Smash 64 I used him always. Sometimes using Yoshi and Captain Falcon because they were fun to use. Smash 64 introduced me to Ness, Smash leaded me to play Mother 1, 2 and 3. Then Lucas was confirmed for Brawl and I mained him and Luigi. Also I really liked Pikmin and I use Olimar sometimes in Brawl

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Favorite franchises, eh?

Zelda, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Pokémon. Not counting Smash, obviously. =P

Besides those four, I also like the Pikmin and the Wario Land series.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Man, I don't know about you guys, but to me the smash series is much more than just a trilogy of games! I have so many fond memories of play all the entries with friends! I mean this whole website is based on a mere 3 games!!! That's some impact you've made Sakurai

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Speak for yourself Super Smash Bros is the worst thing that has happened to me!
So many unfinished homework assignments...:urg:

Some of favorite franchises:

Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wave Race and Smash Bros

Xenoblade is also very awesome

Starting to get in Sin & Punishment and Golden Sun, need to get more into Advance Wars. Other franchises I like too (such as Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Punchout), I am basically into most things Nintendo.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have been paying attention to everything around here and this place has officially hit rock bottom. Seriously I knew the news drought is bad, but I think we can at least keep our sanity for a little longer.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Man, I don't know about you guys, but to me the smash series is much more than just a trilogy of games! I have so many fond memories of play all the entries with friends! I mean this whole website is based on a mere 3 games!!! That's some impact you've made Sakurai

I agree..to bad one of my best friends and my Greatest Smash rival isnt getting a WiiU...

But my other good mate is.

Its true though i know what you mean kicking peoples *** online is great and all but destroying your good friends is something magical.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have been paying attention to everything around here and this place has officially hit rock bottom. Seriously I knew the news drought is bad, but I think we can at least keep our sanity for a little longer.
I hit rock bottom long time ago..i have no sanity at all..expecially since i finished Far Cry 3..
.Its the most dead zone i have evee been through..

on a real one though you know you cant blame us..this game should have been announced Last E3 or this upcoming E3..

*******! Joke!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know what would be awesome?

Impa vs Blastoise.

Yeah baby. :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's basically nothing to discuss right now, so yeah, I brought up the awesomeness of Blastoise, and Impa, and pitted them against teach other. How you been though bro?

Sheik vs Charizard would never be as awesome as Impa vs Blastoise. Heck, if there was a possibility, I'd do Sheik & Charizard vs Impa & Blastoise. But I doubt soceity is ready for something as awesome as that though.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
There's basically nothing to discuss right now, so yeah, I brought up the awesomeness of Blastoise, and Impa, and pitted them against teach other. How you been though bro?

Sheik vs Charizard would never be as awesome as Impa vs Blastoise. Heck, if there was a possibility, I'd do Sheik & Charizard vs Impa & Blastoise. But I doubt soceity is ready for something as awesome as that though.
Looool your in my top 3 most funniest guys on this board.

Your cool though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Same here man. Good to know though.

You should've been there a couple of pages back, it was all about Blastoise back there. Basically everyone agreed he would be the best thing ever. And yeah, after Mewtwo, Blastoise should be in so we can finally settle Charizard vs Blastoise in proper fashion. As stated before: Pokemon mechanics alone aren't enough for this clash of giants.

Thanks btw Phazon, doing my best to keep us (and myself :awesome: ) entertained till Smash gets some information we can actually discuss.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Same here man. Good to know though.

You should've been there a couple of pages back, it was all about Blastoise back there. Basically everyone agreed he would be the best thing ever. And yeah, after Mewtwo, Blastoise should be in so we can finally settle Charizard vs Blastoise in proper fashion. As stated before: Pokemon mechanics alone aren't enough for this clash of giants.

Thanks btw Phazon, doing my best to keep us (and myself :awesome: ) entertained till Smash gets some information we can actually discuss.
You are funny and have great unique ideas but we gotta wait 5 months..i just suggeat freezing yourself or Buying Monster Hunter WiiU.

We have a longgg way to go... i dont think its long till wr start talking about soap opras ans ex girlfriends..(@_@)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Well for one, I'm not a sucker for nostalgia pandering. I know that Gen 1 is absolutely broken with incredibly lame game design and crippling game balance, and I'm not afraid to express it.

Blastoise in particular is inferior to a lot of water types out there and has extremely few things to brag about. The only niche it can carve out is Rapid Spin + Foresight, which in itself is not enough to cement it as an amazing water type. In fact without Rapid Spin, it's pretty much one of the most painfully average water types out there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
imo.

Charizard>Typhlosion>Blazekin>Infernape>Emboar (lol in order..)

Venasaur>Sceptile>Maganium>Toretta~>Big green snake thing...

Blastoise>Feraligater (close second)>Swampert>Empoleon>Big Walrus thing

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom