• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I was reading...
So the Wii U Pro pad doesnt have a headphone/mic jack.

The gamepad/tablet only has a headphone jack no mic jac
(-_-)

So you gotta plug your 3rd party (-_-) Headset into the gamepad then lie the gamepad beside you (#_#)

but you gotta stick the gamepad on charge because it will die in 4 hours (-_-)

Then continue to play with your Pro Pad (+_0)

Nintendo..Nintendo..Sigh... i give up..

:phone:

I have a question for everyone here:

If there were 5-6 Retro characters in Smash Bros 4, who do you think they would be?

I say:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-ROB
-Takamaru
-Sheriff
-Balloon Fighter

Pit and Little Mac would not be retro, their series came back.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

If there were 5-6 Retro characters in Smash Bros 4, who do you think they would be?

I say:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-ROB
-Takamaru
-Sheriff
-Balloon Fighter

Ice Climbers
G&W
ROB
Lip
Sheriff
Muddy Mole

and i would actually like Mike Jones as well

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067

I say:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-ROB
-Takamaru
-Sheriff
-Balloon Fighter

My dream would be switch balloon fighter for mr. stevenson, but that dream won't happen,

So that retro roster is perfect

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically speaking Takamaru has been revived, but strictly speaking there has not been another Mysterious Murasame Castle game so it's arguably still played straight.

Poor samurai, he's living in the shadow of his relative Link and The Legend of Zelda series. Kind of reminds me of Pit being overshadowed by Samus and Metroid.

Technically speaking Takamaru has been revived, but strictly speaking there has not been another Mysterious Murasame Castle game so it's arguably still played straight.

Poor samurai, he's living in the shadow of his relative Link and The Legend of Zelda series. Kind of reminds me of Pit being overshadowed by Samus and Metroid.
On top of being in Captain Rainbow and Samurai Warriors 3

Big Mac

Banned via Warnings

I wouldn't say cameos or even a mini-game constitute a "revival". Pit was still considered Retro in Brawl, and that was a pretty big role right there. You really need your own full game to fall into that category.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Evolution mechanic? Use a new Pokemon or maybe a Digimon for that. Pikachu doesn't need it because he's awesome on his own.

Nor does Jigglypuff, or any other currently playable. It could be neat for, say... is there a 2nd Gen Pokemon that gets an evolution first in the 3rd Gen? Meh, that'd be fun.

The only Gen 1 chars I'd like to see at best is Mewtwo returned and Meowth. Meowth is actually a major character in the anime, and Sakurai does check that out, so....

Plusle & Minun would still be great to see, but they don't have evolutions, so it's closer to an Ice Climbers difference(except with somewhat different moves, just not heavily different. Kind of like if Mario and Luigi switched off in the first Smash, since they're still somewhat different from eachother)

I'd like to see the Aron line, since it does a good job of different evolutions, kind of similar to Pokemon Trainer's line. They even move at different speeds, so it works. I still think the best idea would be with Agumon(what line he uses could be any, since he's had tons of different Anime and game versions. He has the biggest evolution list ever.) If straight, Agumon > Greymon > Metalgreymon > Wargreymon, or just simply Agumon to Wargreymon. Heck, they could rep some variants by having Agumon > Burninggreymon > Shinegreymon. All different versions of the characters, and different fighting styles too.

Takemaru isn't revived till he gets his own game. Cameos are not revivals, people.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I thought of a cool mii game were you choose three miis, give them a class, and have them explore the worlds of Nintendo,gameplay would work like lost vikings

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I say:

-Mr. Game & Watch
-Ice Climbers
-ROB
-Takamaru
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Balloon Fighter

Fixed. Looks pretty good. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The Pokemon movies ARE crap, but are not the biggest pieces of crap ever made. They're watchable but tend to be very forgettable, mainly because a lot of them recycle the same cliches and elements.
The only Pokemon movies I bothered to watch from beginning to end were the ones about Mewtwo, Lugia, and Entei.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I would actually appreciate gen representation in smash bros. Seems like I'm the only one lol
And retros? Lets see.....
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Muddy Mole
-Takamaru
-Balloon Fighter
-Prince Sable

Im actually pretty good with the Ice Climbers. And if I could remove anybody, DEAR GOD ID REMOVE JIGGLY. @#$%ing christ I hate jigglypuff.

I thought of a cool mii game were you choose three miis, give them a class, and have them explore the worlds of Nintendo,gameplay would work like lost vikings

Yes! Just a Mii game in general. Like give him a sword. Or a pokemon. Or a hammer. Or a gun. Or something. Then just make an RPG with your Mii as the star, foolproof and will guarantee $$$

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
TheCreator, you aren't the only one. Despite the fact I liked playing as Jigglypuff in Melee/Brawl (she sucked in 64), I wouldn't mind cutting Jigglypuff for another Pokemon. I just want more never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon besides Zoroark. At this point, I just don't care if she gets in or not. I just view her as a backup character whose main purpose is to be added in the last minute to buff the roster after Sakurai adds the veterans and newcomers he actually planned to include from the beginning, in accordance to the design document.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
TheCreator, you aren't the only one. Despite the fact I liked playing as Jigglypuff in Melee/Brawl (she sucked in 64), I wouldn't mind cutting Jigglypuff for another Pokemon. I just want more never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon besides Zoroark. At this point, I just don't care if she gets in or not. I just view her as a backup character whose main purpose is to be added in the last minute to buff the roster after Sakurai adds the veterans and newcomers he actually planned to include from the beginning, in accordance to the design document.
Im glad you told me this. Because apperantly, this smash is going to be a game that is exactly what they want it to be. Nothing last minute.

Im going by when he said that all characters will get new moves, and when he said that we'd have to wait a while for this one.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duck Hunt Dog instead of Sheriff though? What would he even do? :awesome:
Easy. He is a hunting dog, right? His job is to point where the hunter (the person who is playing Duck Hunt) should shoot. In Smash, he would point fingers, directing the hunter where to shoot... and the person playing Duck Hunt shoots from the fourth wall.

He would also use ducks as bludgeoning weapons (comparable to a brick-filled rubber chicken) and sic them at the opponents (by throwing ducks). The hunter shoots the ducks, meaning the opponents need to stay away from ducks or they get caught in the gunfire. The dog would also use ducks to fly away (recovery). He also throws clay pigeons (white frisbees) and the hunter shoots them, too. I think Duck Hunt Dog's gameplay would involve long-distance projectiles that can be controlled via the control stick and gunshots that need to be timed via the B button.

Oh, and there's that one move where the dog laughs at the person playing Duck Hunt, prompting the annoyed hunter to shoot the dog. It would be like Jigglypuff's Rest move, except the dog laughs instead of falling asleep.

For the pretty pictures, click here. :awesome: :troll: :laugh:

And click here for a sneak preview of what Duck Hunt Dog might do if/when he gets in Smash. :smirk:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shiek because she hasn't been in a game since forever and again should never have been in. Zelda doesn't need 2 movesets while Ganon has 0.
I like this guy. :)

Oh My God... Considering how mediocre Ike is and how much potential he has, I'd be all kinds of pissed. Especially since I expect this to be Ike's final Smash Bros game (unless he gets another FE game which I doubt
Although the end of FE10 was open for a sequel with Ike
). Dear God, lets hope Namco can talk sense into Sakurai when it comes to making those decisions. I can certainly see him doing that, especially after Link who was most likely nerfed because the casuals thought he was 'cheap.'
It would be a blasting shame if they'd nerf Ike. But knowing Sakurai, and how he'd rather listen to the scrub masses saying 'Ike is cheap / overpowered' he could end up doing just that. I would hate it if he did it. Speaking of his role though, sure, Ike might not re-appear in Fire Emblem, but he's left quite the impact on the series. He's easily the most popular, well known and liked main character after Marth.

The end of FE10 was open enough for him to have a sequel, but with around, the 'sequel' would likely be based around him, not Ike. It's generally rare to see actual sequels to Fire Emblem titles (especially a 3rd game) if it's not made / brought out directly after the first, or characters re-appearing, but I don't doubt that somewhere down the line PoR and RD might get remakes, similar to how Marth got his games remade. Even though, if
Paris
would get a game, I think he'd replace Ike in the next Smash.

There's hoping Ike will use axes in the next game somehow. Even if it was just for the F Smash like you suggested (double hit with both Ragnell and Urvan) which I kinda well in love with actually. If they implement 'strong tilts' like you also suggested, there's hoping Ike's axe moves would fit in there.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just want to bring up one thing people tend to forget or overlook regarding Duck Hunt Dog.

If an unarmed dog mocks someone who is pointing the gun in his face, he's either cray cray or he's got balls. :cool:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just want to bring up one thing people tend to forget or overlook regarding Duck Hunt Dog.

If an unarmed dog mocks someone who is pointing the gun in his face, he's either cray cray or he's got balls. :cool:

Enough balls to get shot in Vs. Duck Hunt and to maul the hell out of Sonic in Sonic for Hire. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm just gonna be kind, and say it's bad. Just bad.

And I puke inside my mouth everytime I see DK with such a stupid toothy grin...

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Im glad you told me this. Because apperantly, this smash is going to be a game that is exactly what they want it to be. Nothing last minute.

Im going by when he said that all characters will get new moves, and when he said that we'd have to wait a while for this one.
Naw, he didn't say that for new moves each characters. Once again, it's just mistranslation by one website that want to get more hits.

Real translation is that he is having fun to coming up with moves for new characters.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
On a positive note, they might add Simon Belmont since theres a Castlevania stage. (I'm already happy about Bomberman. His stage has hazards that literally kill you though)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Does this mean you puked twice now?
Yes. But those aren't even the worst yet. Mario Kart DS in game model for example was extremely horrible for example. Mario vs Donkey Kong was also godawful...

But yeah, puked twice. Didn't taste good, mind you. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom