• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I have been paying attention to everything around here and this place has officially hit rock bottom. Seriously I knew the news drought is bad, but I think we can at least keep our sanity for a little longer.
Agreed, however, it's not as bad as it got on the old thread just yet, pretty close though.

I've been good lol just enjoying life in general

I would love Blastoise to be in Smash though, #1 most wanted Pokemon after Mewtwo
Nice to see ya back even if it's just for a short time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You do know your 5 months is pretty much alnosttt half a year.. and we just entered 2013.. and were wishing half the year will go
already..

and then we say ''damn where does the all the time go...''

Looool so messed up...

:phone:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Only to wait 5 more months for the game to release. I wish it were 2014.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would think most of you all have school or jobs to keep you occupied?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I need to get a wii u, a 3ds, and a laptop before 2015

I Need to get

WiiU
WiiU Pro Pad & Charger
Monster Hunter WiiU

3DS XL
Pokemon X
Ocarina of Time

Any Metroid game on what ever

ALLL Before Sm4sh comes out...

and i has 0 savings atm!!! Wish me luck!

God forbid if a Diddy Kong Racing or Metroid or Donkey Kong game comes out Before Sm4sh on anything! i might need to sell my organs...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I have work and family to worry about, so I'm not exactly concerned with time as much as other people. I mean I work on weekdays for 12 hours each day (6am to 6pm) with minimum pay, so I often need to squeeze in every second to get maximum coinage. There is also the varies event I have to go to ranging from football to rodeos, thanks to my uncle being so bloody rich.

So yea, not really pressured by time like other people. I can wait it out from doing varies activities.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I have a job, and some school to go to if you want to call it that. Just haven't been called in to work nearly as much lately, unfortunately.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know we are in a drought because we know little to nothing about SSB4. That's why I'm playing Dragon Quest DS games on and off while I'm attending classes. I just need to do something to get my mind off SSB4 for a while until E3 2013.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Imo,

Blaziken>Charizard>Typhlosion>Infernape>Emboar
Feraligatr>Samurott>Blastoise>Swampert>Empoleon
Serperior>Torterra>Venesaur>Sceptile>Meganium

But Eevee beats all.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Charizard>Typhlosion>Infernape>Blaziken>Emboar
Blastoise>Feraligatr>>Empoleon>Samurott>Swampert
Sceptile>Serperior>Venesaur>>Meganium>Torterra

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Charizard > Typhlosion > Blaziken > Inferape >>>>> Emboar
Blastoise > Sumurott > Swampert > Empoleon >>> Feraligatr
Sceptile > Venusaur > Meganium > Torterra > Serperior
for me

in all honesty Emboar is my least favorite fire type starter

@Moon Monkey. your list is pretty much exactly how i feel. except i'd probably switch Blazikin to the second
He isn't one of my highest choices, but I would put him over Infernape.

Blaziken though needs to be at least in the top 2 or 3.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
for me, i just really hate Emboars design. im like not even kidding when i say that in his gen he's the one i hate the most. and at least the other fire starters i can at least i like something about them. i honestly cant say that about Emboar

D

Deleted member

Oh God, Chrono may have been on to something when he was talking about taking a Skylanders approach....
Disney is now doing their take on it with Disney Infinity. God DAMN I hope Smash doesn't go this route....

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
god i hope not

I'm looking at the trailer for that Disney game and i gotta say i am intrigued being that i am a disney fan. though it kinda irks me how much Pixar and Pirates repping there is but no show of classic disney movies like Aladdin and what not

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
in all honesty Emboar is my least favorite fire type starter

@Moon Monkey. your list is pretty much exactly how i feel. except i'd probably switch Blazikin to the second

I'm really not a fan of Emboar, better yet any of the gen 5 starters. As for Blaziken, Infernape and Typhlosion they are all pretty cool. They can be interchangeable. Though Infernape is one of my personal fav's

Meganium is utter trash and Torterra is the embodiment of expired squirrel j!zz.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

I'm really not a fan of Emboar, better yet any of the gen 5 starters. As for Blaziken, Infernape and Typhlosion they are all pretty cool. They can be interchangeable. Though Infernape is one of my personal fav's

Meganium is utter trash and Torterra is the embodiment of expired squirrel j!zz.

Yeah i gotcha. i dont like Meganium either but i don't hate Torterra that much. i also dont like Swampert tho

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Oh God, Chrono may have been on to something when he was talking about taking a Skylanders approach....
Disney is now doing their take on it with Disney Infinity. God DAMN I hope Smash doesn't go this route....
I thought it would be obvious if nintendo is going with that way. I meant Super Smash Bros is Nintendo's All-Stars brand, so they can pull that gimmick with it. I would be okay with them doing that depend what are they going to do with it.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i think it would work better for a different type of game. not saying it couldnt work for smash but it would def work better with another gaming format.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
i think it would work better for a different type of game. not saying it couldnt work for smash but it would def work better with another gaming format.
That's true.

Think about it. You must buy Roy figurine in order to get Roy DLC. That method would be insane since people might have to fight over figurine on first day buy. That's why it simply don't work, but it would be interesting if they did.

god i hope not

I'm looking at the trailer for that Disney game and i gotta say i am intrigued being that i am a disney fan. though it kinda irks me how much Pixar and Pirates repping there is but no show of classic disney movies like Aladdin and what not
I was also wondering that, will there be the classic 2D stuff? Like Aladdin, Lion King, Mulan, Beauty & the Beast, etc? Or is it just all the new stuff (Pixar, Live Action, Disney Channel, etc)?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Charizard > Typhlosion > Blaziken > Inferape >>>>> Emboar
Blastoise > Sumurott > Swampert > Empoleon >>> Feraligatr
Sceptile > Venusaur > Meganium > Torterra > Serperior
for me
Charizard = Infernape > Blaziken = Typhlosion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emboar
Blastoise > Feraligatr > Swampert >>>>>>>>>>>> Empoleon > Sumurott
Sceptile >> Venusaur > Meganium > Serperior >>> Torterra

If it's about usability in battle though, Charizard loses to both Infernape and Blaziken.

Swampert and Feraligatr beat Blastoise as well... Even though I don't like to admit it. :urg:

I beg to differ, Blastoise gets way more love then it deserves.
No, it does not. :009:

You are funny and have great unique ideas but we gotta wait 5 months..i just suggeat freezing yourself or Buying Monster Hunter WiiU.

We have a longgg way to go... i dont think its long till wr start talking about soap opras ans ex girlfriends..(@_@)

Thanks mate. Don't have a Wii U though, and dunno if I sold my copy of Hunter Hunter Tri for Wii or not, but how's that game?

Got a lifetime to tell you all about ex girlfriends though, soap opras? Not so much. But am willing to discuss anything at this point. :p

Ohh, and waiting 5 months isn't that bad actually.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For starters (haha), my list is like this.

Venusaur>>>>>>Sceptile>Torterra>Serperior>>Meganium

Infernape>Typhlosion>Blaziken>Charizard=Emboar

Samurott=Swampert>Empoleon>Blastoise=Feraligatr

Venusaur is the best of all, though. Bulbasaur was my starter. :D

On Disney Infinity...it's nice and all, but...I feel that their traditionally-animated classics may get the shaft. And I highly doubt we'll see any of the lesser known ones. Which sucks. I want my Great Mouse Detective...

But anyway, just five more months guys.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Venusaur was once my favorite as well.
Especially in Stadium: STONERsaur :awesome:
But that was in the time when Razor Leaf was basically pure ****. 55 base power? **** THAT ****, MAKE IT DOUBLE! BOOM! But yeah, Gen 1 was broken. Slash was **** as well, if not moreso than Razor Leaf.

My first starter ever was actually Squirle. Moreso cause he was recommended for starters of the game. Made Brock far too easy. Later, I always picked Charmander though. In Gen 2, I picked Cyndaquil, and found Typholosion awesome as well, mostly cause at that time Feraligatr sucked. If he was better in Gold and Silver, I'd probably pick him. Blastoise still holds place in my heart cause of this (because beating the Elite Four with basically Water Gun alone, is awesome beyond words :awesome: ). Even though, I admit he pretty much sucks in the games... :urg: Hence I picked the Zard if Fire Red.

Still, it doesn't make Blastoise less viable for Smash. I think he's got lots of potential to have an awesome moveset, and an awesome playstyle. If not somewhat similar to Bowser (Rapid Spin = Whirling Fortress.. EXCEPT IT ALSO SWEEPS AWAY SPIKES AND RANDOMLY FLOATING BOULDERS) in some ways. He'd be a little lighter than Bowser though (as we currently speak: I myself am the same weight as Blastoise I recently discovered O.o - he has me beat in tanking hits though :rolleyes: ), and smaller. Yet, Hydro Pump alone has the potential to write his playstyle. He'd have some serious good edgeguarding I'd think.

One of my best memories of Pokemon actually where when I discovered I could transfer my purified 'Shadow Pokemon' from Colloseum to Ruby. I was pretty overjoyed to get my Eevee evolutions, Johto starters and Johto legendaries to Ruby.

But I probably played Fire Red more than any Pokemon game. Fire Red was easily all kinds of awesome. VS Seeker was an awesome item, and oh-so-good for EV training. Generally, I think I liked Fire Red more than any other Pokemon game, and I have the fondest memories of playing it.

Ruby comes close. Loved dem Secret Bases (and haxing the game with it with a friend :reverse:). I even had this challenge with a good friend who had the most awesome level 100 Pokemon. In the end, I lost. But the cheating ******* had like 8 level 100 Millotics. :smirk: Also, I used EVs (if only to the ammount of patience I could put into it) so even though he had more, I often won. He always bragged about his Kyogre. That moment I smited him the first time with my Slaking was gold. :D Before those times, I even had the courage of using PIKACHU against his Kyogre. I really loved Pikachu back in my Pokemon days lol. But, Light Ball is awesome. Can't deny.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
to all of you talking about Pokémon, I have one thing to say:

Chandelure rules.

These guys are badass too:

Bask in their sheer awesomeness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom