• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. One thing to always remember is that tranquility never lasts long.
As long as there is no provocation (I'm speaking to more than just Manly and Chrono), I'm pretty sure things will subside.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i would appreciate Micaiah, if for any reason just to add diversity to FE. But its not gonna happen. at least not in the initial roster

Unfortunately, micaiah doesn't have going for her, she doesn't have a lot of popularity (Roy, Lyn), or either multiple games (Ike) or a new game (Chrom)

:phone:
Micaiah has popularity in Japan (more than Lyn anyways), recency with her Wii game and DLC self, and is a unique styled fighter

Maybe back in 2007, but not in 2013. She's a rarely requested character that has already been surpassed by the likes of Chrom and
Lucina

And of course there is Roy.
Roy is only "relevant" because of popularity. His game was like 12 years ago.

Also, the previous gen usually always has some significance in each Smash. For SSB4 that means Wii and DS, where Radiant Dawn was.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Micaiah has popularity in Japan (more than Lyn anyways), recency with her Wii game and DLC self, and is a unique styled fighter
Source on japanese popularity, Krom is more recent, and then dlc is not relevant, cause lyn and Roy were dlc as well, plus we have all stated that unique style is not gonna get you in, (plus you know there is Zelda and platunena (can never get her name right))

Lucario got in and he was on the ds, your point

D

Deleted member

I am well aware of that many times its a cry for attention. Many of these people have terrible family relations, few (or no) friends, and had a dysfunctional upbringing. They have real problems, whether you would like to accept that or not.

I am sorry that you are so bitter and vitriolic towards these people. I hope and pray that some day your heart will become warmer than it is now. I really do, and I am not saying that to insult you.
I've dealt with too much bull**** in my life in regards to cries for attention to feel any sympathy towards fakers.
YOU try dealing with the belief that you are the only thing keeping your girlfriend from outright killing herself and being used as a crutch for two years of your relationship just because she has no intent on succeeding through life, THEN talk to me about how I should have a warmer heart. :glare:

@Diddy: That post was towards Chrono, not you. You just happend to Ninja mine.

Anyways, that's the last I'm going to say about this matter.

Source on japanese popularity, Krom is more recent, and then dlc is not relevant, cause lyn and Roy were dlc as well, plus we have all stated that unique style is not gonna get you in, (plus you know there is Zelda and platunena (can never get her name right))

As far as I heard she is the second most popular female in Japan, under Lucina.

And she is not like Zelda or Palutena. Zelda just knows magic, and Palutena is a goddess. Micaiah is a light mage.

A unique style won't GET you in, but it would make the character choice look new and different. Plus Sakurai would want to cut down on characters that are like clones, of which she would be a good choice alongside Little Mac, Ghirahim, Isa, Matthew, Andy, Mega-Man, etc.

Also, the current gen can get as much as it possibly can (OoT Link in the original, Roy in Melee, and Lucario in Brawl)

@3Bismyname: Not recent in years, recent in GENERATIONS

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Now that Pandora's Tower is getting a U.S. release, what type of content would you expect from it?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Roy is only "relevant" because of popularity. His game was like 12 years ago.

Also, the previous gen usually always has some significance in each Smash. For SSB4 that means Wii and DS, where Radiant Dawn was.
Popularity is popularity, it makes no difference where it comes from. Micaiah was at the height of her popularity around 2006-2007 (cannot remember when NSider was still around), and since then, whatever popularity she has had has given way to the newcomers.

Significant does not always mean playable. There are also stages, Assist Trophies, regular trophies, music, stickers (if they return), and whatever else Sakurai conjures up for the next game.

Now that Pandora's Tower is getting a U.S. release, what type of content would you expect from it?
Music. Definitely that. I could see a Pandora's Tower track sneaking it's way onto the Xenoblade stage.

Ike still has the popularity to pull him along. Micaiah doesn't have that luxury. not saying she's not popular, just not as much as other FE characters
But she still IS popular, maybe not as much but it is still there.

It is not like Sakurai will pick the only most popular choice/s.

Not guaranteeing her but she still makes a whole lot of sense.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Roy has been in smash, lyn 's west popularity alone got her an assist trophy, and the dlc argument either doesn't work, or it applies to all the dlc characters,

D

Deleted member

If Roy and Chrom were not competition, then yes, I would say she has a big shot.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Well if they were directly going for a female rep, she is basically in the top 2 choices.

So, going off of your response, she has a pretty good chance. Even if DLC.
This logic has been debunked. Smash is equal oppurtunity, which means females recieve no special treatment.

D

Deleted member

I never said she had a good chance. Just that she'd have a better one if Roy and Chrom were not in complete dominence. Pretty much, anyone that ISN'T them isn't getting in this time.
Also, characters aren't picked by what gentials they have.

I never said she had a good chance. Just that she'd have a better one if Roy and Chrom were not in complete dominence. Pretty much, anyone that ISN'T them isn't getting in this time.
Also, characters aren't picked by what gentials they have.
I am not saying they do, but if they did she would be.

Also you said if it wasn't for them, which means she is like right there in the line of having a chance to get in.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
like Golden said, Roy and Chrom have a greater shot at making the roster (regardless of their gender). if they were gone then yeah she'd probably be the good bet. sadly thats not the case.

like Golden said, Roy and Chrom have a greater shot at making the roster (regardless of their gender). if they were gone then yeah she'd probably be the best bet. sadly thats not the case.
Still leaves DLC though (which is bound to happen since people want it)

They get in, she is DLC.
She gets in, they are DLC.
Some kind of mix

Who knows?

Micaiah could even be a duo team with Sothe.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much, anyone that ISN'T them isn't getting in this time.
While I said she would have a "big shot" without them, the same logic applies to characters like Lyn, Caeda, Black Knight (he has quite the following last I checked), Navarre (Sakurai's favorite), Leaf, etc.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Not to mention there is lyn and here west popularity and Lucina who has popularity in Japan and could be popular in the west

And and people think we are gonna only get one character, meaning the other will probably get in for dlc' which isn't garron teed In the first place

While I said she would have a "big shot" without them, the same logic applies to characters like Lyn, Caeda, Black Knight (he has quite the following last I checked), Navarre (Sakurai's favorite), Leaf, etc.
And that is why I said she would make sense and agree with you on that statement, that likely (even if with others)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Any Nintendo character can make sense, (with notable exceptions) but it is whether or not thy will be wanted in or wanted in the future with as little decline as possible, micaiah had little of the first (it was mostly Ike vs Lyn back in brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom