• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Alright, alright, alright. We all are aware of Micaiah's not so great chances.
Let's just talk about how she could work. And at that point I don't really care much about her, so I have nothing to say.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
I had her summoning orbs that could be transformed into the attacks, look in the micaiah support thread

:phone:

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
overall when it comes to Fire Emblem i dont care to much. only one I've played is Shadow Dragon. which i did enjoy quite a bit. that being said i only care about Marth lol

N30N-BLU

Smash Rookie
Why no mew two

I think out of all the characters they should bring back, its GOT to be MewTwo. DEFINATLY. I DONT EVEN KNOW why they got rid of him in the first place.... I just don't know.... :(

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
ive been thinking about it....How likely is it that we will have a 5th Super Mario rep? seems pretty damn likely. i just dont think we "need" another mario rep....i mean the same could be said for both pokemon and zelda i suppose. maybe i just dont find the super mario series to be "deep" enough to want a whole 5th character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good God, these Fire Emblem discussions are quite possibly worse than the Pokemon ones. Seriously, I'd like to see some actual GOOD arguments without the ****ty logic.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I want don't more Mario reps... :c I don't know about you guys, but I find something appealing about the whole "franchise limit" stance. It allows for a more even spread of franchise representation. Instead of directing valuable effort and time towards making more characters for a series that already is well represented, I feel that is a missed opportunity to create a character from a not so well known or under represented franchise.

In the end sadly, it is just a personal opinion. A personal opinion that I wished many people would share with me. :nervous:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Good God, these Fire Emblem discussions are quite possibly worse than the Pokemon ones. Seriously, I'd like to see some actual GOOD arguments without the ****ty logic.
Expecting some form of logical explication is not going to happen any time soon, so just sit back and watch the brainless monkeys jump around.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
ive been thinking about it....How likely is it that we will have a 5th Super Mario rep? seems pretty damn likely. i just dont think we "need" another mario rep....i mean the same could be said for both pokemon and zelda i suppose. maybe i just dont find the super mario series to be "deep" enough to want a whole 5th character.
its one of those things where if any series warranted 5 characters, it would be the Mario series. but i agree that i dont think we need one. we've already got the core characters as well as all the spinoff characters. but like i said before, Mario is the most deserving for more characters.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I don't more Mario reps... :c I don't know about you guys, but I find something appealing about the whole "franchise limit" stance. It allows for a more even spread of franchise representation. Instead of directing valuable effort and time towards making more characters for a series that already is well represented, I feel that is a missed opportunity to create a character from a not so well known or under represented franchise.

In the end sadly, it is just a personal opinion. A personal opinion that I wished many people would share with me. :nervous:
Moon Monkey....i completely agree with you! now i know that Yoshi is considered to have his own series, but in my eyes he kinda is the 5th (or 6th in melee). for me the only other mario character that i think would "help" to rep the mario series as a whole would be paper mario. either way i do wish other more deserving series would get some light. honestly is Takamaru and/or Little Mac dont make it in this upcoming game i will be legitimately dissapointed

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Subtractions: R.O.B JigglyPuff, Lucario,
Additions: Bowser JR, Waluigi, Rosalina, Gen 3 Pokemon Trainer Female, Zorark, Ghirahim, Lyndis, Tails, King K rool, Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, Black Shadow, Little Mac, Mewtwo, Megaman, Vaati, Second Yoshi?????????? ( reportedly the makers of yoshi land want one in idk much about that) there we go 50 characters.
if your list is right it would be sick.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Could always go grab some Toise stuff, certainly shut people up the other day when talking about Pokemon.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I think it needs one yeah. All of the bases arent covered; Paper Mario has his own series. He needs to get in.

Legend of Zelda certainly deserves a rep as well. It's just harder to find one for LoZ. I mean, Tingles the only character with his own series besides link, but he wouldn't be likely if there wasnt but like nobody else.
Pokemon continues to grow larger and gain popularity, so they're bound to get a rep. The pokemon company does more deciding here than sakurai.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Expecting some form of logical explication is not going to happen any time soon, so just sit back and watch the brainless monkeys jump around.
I think that's an insult to brainless monkeys.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FE discussions aren't so bad when they consist of more than trying to argue why Micaiah won't get in with the same person. :p

I think considering Mario has four good potential characters that all have fairly high popularity, recognizability, and potential, chances are pretty good we'll get one of them. Sure, none are at the level of the four we already have, but at this point they're at about the same level as most of the other potential additions, plus, just by the fact that they're Mario characters, they'd already have quite a large potential audience familiar with them.

I don't think getting a fifth Mario character is as likely as getting a fifth Pokemon character, (it could be possible Sakurai would think adding one or two DK characters more than compensates for a main-series Mario character, though I'm not convinced he has that mentality), but I still think getting one is a probability. I personally think the chances are higher than getting a fifth Zelda character.

Plus people who bring up "we shouldn't get more than four Mario characters" seem to have forgotten we've already gotten more than four Mario characters. :smirk:

I think out of all the characters they should bring back, its GOT to be MewTwo. DEFINATLY. I DONT EVEN KNOW why they got rid of him in the first place.... I just don't know.... :(
Nice name. ;)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moon Monkey....i completely agree with you! now i know that Yoshi is considered to have his own series, but in my eyes he kinda is the 5th (or 6th in melee). for me the only other mario character that i think would "help" to rep the mario series as a whole would be paper mario. either way i do wish other more deserving series would get some light. honestly is Takamaru and/or Little Mac dont make it in this upcoming game i will be legitimately dissapointed
Not sure how I feel about Paper Mario. Though I do love the series. Perhaps a Mr. G&W ALT costume??? Who knows... But yeah I feel the pain with Lil Mac and Takamaru. I would also like to see Ridley, a F-zero rep and King k. Rool. Mostly King K. Rool though. But yeah i would love to see characters from lesser known series Custom Robo or Golden Sun.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
F-Zero getting another rep is at like 5%. Miyamoto was confronted about the F-Zero series recently, and asked if we'd see another F-Zero game, and he basically said "Why would anybody want another F-Zero game."

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Not sure how I feel about Paper Mario. Though I do love the series. Perhaps a Mr. G&W ALT costume??? Who knows... But yeah I feel the pain with Lil Mac and Takamaru. I would also like to see Ridley, a F-zero rep and King k. Rool. Mostly King K. Rool though. But yeah i would love to see characters from lesser known series Custom Robo or Golden Sun.
hmmm i feel we may be of the same mindset! Ridley would be pretty sweet (however i honestly cannot even make an educated guess on his chances lol) id support Goroh, and K.Rool would very much fit in! custom robo is pretty fun, i had the DS game a long time ago and i liked it.
@thecreator, yes i agree with you on paper mario actually, i said somthing after my first post i think.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE discussions aren't so bad when they consist of more than trying to argue why Micaiah won't get in with the same person. :p
I'm cool with it just as long as it doesn't spin out of control/trying to realistically justify unrealistic characters. Besides that a lot of the discussion done in recent days for characters like Lyn/Micaiah should be done in their own support threads rather than here.

I think considering Mario has four good potential characters that all have fairly high popularity, recognizability, and potential, chances are pretty good we'll get one of them. Sure, none are at the level of the four we already have, but at this point they're at about the same level as most of the other potential additions, plus, just by the fact that they're Mario characters, they'd already have quite a large potential audience familiar with them.

I don't think getting a fifth Mario character is as likely as getting a fifth Pokemon character, (it could be possible Sakurai would think adding one or two DK characters more than compensates for a main-series Mario character, though I'm not convinced he has that mentality), but I still think getting one is a probability. I personally think the chances are higher than getting a fifth Zelda character.

Plus people who bring up "we shouldn't get more than four Mario characters" seem to have forgotten we've already gotten more than four Mario characters. :smirk:
Agreed, although we didn't forget, this is Mario after all. Most of it just depends on whether or not you think Toad can fight/should stay a supporting character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know about that. I think the whole "who's who" and especially the "where from" thing are often overanalyzed. I really think that potential characters should be looked more at an individualistic level and less a holistic level since holistic is more limiting. I don't think adding Toad and/or Bowser Jr. would be that big of a problem if they play in an appealing way - probably what kept R.O.B. popular post reveal.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
F-Zero getting another rep is at like 5%. Miyamoto was confronted about the F-Zero series recently, and asked if we'd see another F-Zero game, and he basically said "Why would anybody want another F-Zero game."

Wow..are you serious? did he really say that..

Peeps be scum on the sly...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I still think Paper Mario is the most interesting inclusion of all of the possible choices. Sure, he's a different version of Mario, but he's still got a lot of cool stuff that he can use to make himself different. But then again I might be biased...just a little bit.

F-Zero i'm indifferent on. I really won't care if we get a new character. I just want Ridley, K.Rool, Shulk, and Mewtwo. Otherwise i'm good.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Seeing how Miyamoto isn't heavily involved in the development of SSB4, I doubt that has any affect on the series chances. Unless there is an interview where Sakurai says "F-Zero??? Phuck that series!" or something along those lines for ANY series for that matter; We, as starving fans for info, can't really give a percentage chance of series likeliness... Besides nobody wanting a Kid Icarus game never stopped Pit from joining Brawl.

D

Deleted member

That's not exactly what Miyamoto said.
He said that he was rather surprised how much demand there is for a new title given that there is (supposedly) not much else that can be done for the series.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Seeing how Miyamoto isn't heavily involved in the development of SSB4, I doubt that has any affect on the series chances. Unless there is an interview where Sakurai says "F-Zero??? Phuck that series!" or something along those lines for ANY series for that matter; we as starving fans for info can't really give a percentage chance of series likeliness... Besides nobody wanting a Kid Icarus game never stopped Pit from joining Brawl. .
Using Pit as an example doesn't really work, as he's a retro character. I have a hard time rooting for an F-Zero character because there hasn't been a game in quite a few years. I loved GX too. I would just rather have a ton of other good characters than having an F-Zero character for the sake of having one.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I still think Paper Mario is the most interesting inclusion of all of the possible choices. Sure, he's a different version of Mario, but he's still got a lot of cool stuff that he can use to make himself different. But then again I might be biased...just a little bit.

F-Zero i'm indifferent on. I really won't care if we get a new character. I just want Ridley, K.Rool, Shulk, and Mewtwo. Otherwise i'm good.
I agree minus Shulk because i dunno who he is but if hes deserving then so be it.

I rather have Dry Bowser then Toad/Wauigi/Paper Mario and Maybee Bowser J.r depends how hes made..if transformations with paintbrush etc: then i have him.

Loool Honesty at its finest.
(i know what i said aint right..(-_-)

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Seeing how Miyamoto isn't heavily involved in the development of SSB4, I doubt that has any affect on the series chances. Unless there is an interview where Sakurai says "F-Zero??? Phuck that series!" or something along those lines for ANY series for that matter; We, as starving fans for info, can't really give a percentage chance of series likeliness... Besides nobody wanting a Kid Icarus game never stopped Pit from joining Brawl.
Well I knew that much. I'm saying he saw the series as unimportant, and as might other game developers.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah i saw that comment he made about F-Zero as more of a question directed at us. like what do we want from F-Zero. not so much that he doesnt like the seriesor anything like that. more just that he doesn't know what to do with it now

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What do you guys think retro studios is working on? It's supposed to be "something everybody wants them to do" or something like that

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
yeah i saw that comment he made about F-Zero as more of a question directed at us. like what do we want from F-Zero. not so much that he doesnt like the seriesor anything like that. more just that he doesn't know what to do with it now
Owww i see...ok thats alright then its good to be accurate when quoting someone..

just saying...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I agree minus Shulk because i dunno who he is but if hes deserving then so be it.

I rather have Dry Bowser then Toad/Wauigi/Paper Mario and Maybee Bowser J.r depends how hes made..if transformations with paintbrush etc: then i have him.

Loool Honesty at its finest.
(i know what i said aint right..(-_-)

Shulk is the main protagonist of the JRPG Xenoblade Chronicles. I heavily recommend you check out the support thread on this site. Very informative, and i'm sure you'll be a fan.

I think Dry Bowser would be better as an Alternate costume, kind of like Dr. Mario would be to Mario. That way, the character could still technically be in the game without taking up a slot.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
What do you guys think retro studios is working on? It's supposed to be "something everybody wants them to do" or something like that

there's been that one rumor of them doing a new Star Fox game which i think is pretty likely. People do want a "good" Star Fox game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom