• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Not hating man just saying that your pretty confident that Roy & Mewtwo will return and a possibility that Deoxys could be there with Mewtwo.

Thats all.

:phone:
I have a wii u

By predicting it I guess you could say I have confidence in it yes lol Roy is returning for the new fire emblem game and if fire emblem gets a new re besides Krom I'd bet my left nut it's him. And mewtwo? Well he was planned for brawl and lots of discomfort has been expressed about his removal do I'm expecting a return. The new Pokemon games? X and Y? Are based on genetics. X and Y chromosomes. Deoxys is the DNA Pokemon. He may have a role in the story plus I'm expecting RSE remakes.

D

Deleted member

If there was a third character, then logically Porky (either make the mech smaller like Crusade or give him a Sakurai'd style where he uses some sort of backpack mech with legs like his EB one) or Ninten (make him look different, which isn't hard, and either Luigify him or change him AND Lucas up, as they both could be very unique with moves that logically only they could use that Ness could not based on PSI powers available per game) would be the one to go with.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I also have a WiiU! its pretty sweet, but there isnt enough going for it right now (aside from smash4 ofcourse)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have a wii u

By predicting it I guess you could say I have confidence in it yes lol Roy is returning for the new fire emblem game and if fire emblem gets a new re besides Krom I'd bet my left nut it's him. And mewtwo? Well he was planned for brawl and lots of discomfort has been expressed about his removal do I'm expecting a return. The new Pokemon games? X and Y? Are based on genetics. X and Y chromosomes. Deoxys is the DNA Pokemon. He may have a role in the story plus I'm expecting RSE remakes.

That would be sick if they push Deoxys i always think he is a legend that has potential and is cool and likeable.

When i first saw him i didnt like him because just thought he was a cheap cheesy rip-off of mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
A bit late, but here's the "50 characters, double the stages" Sakurai interview that really ought to have deterred rumors that we're getting only 39 characters by now.

He does say that's not -all- that he wants to do, as he has in the past, but he's definitely not going to limit his roster aspirations, just because.

http://andriasang.com/comw97/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Might as well not bother disproving rumors, since the bull is going to continue spreading anyway like the black plague. From experience I can tell you that people are not bright.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Pikmin 3! But yeah ik what you mean. No games yet.

Yes! Pikmin 3! I'm happy that they are making it more in line with 1. 2 was way too easy with the sprays, suit upgrades and purple pikmin.

BKupa fix the url, the link is broken.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A bit late, but here's the "50 characters, double the stages" Sakurai interview that really ought to have deterred rumors that we're getting only 39 characters by now.

He does say that's not -all- that he wants to do, as he has in the past, but he's definitely not going to limit his roster aspirations, just because.

I can't bring up the article or anything so you'll have to tell me. So he says there will be 50 characters?

That would definitely mean something for a lot of characters chances for SSB4. Very interesting...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The part relating to 50 characters is:
Oh yeah! i forgot about Pikmin 3! although im not gonna lie, theres so little info on the game im not hyped up for it at all.....and whats this i hear about pink pikmin?
They're pink! They fly! It's awesome, I can't wait. :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Yh but its abit weired because he said

''Its not IF the games has 50 chars it will be enough''

and what your saying he said

''thats not all as he wants to do is add loads more chars''

You could essentially say by those 2 quoteded paragraphs of him that he didnt quote a roster limit like they well sure could be as many new chars as melee and brawl had being a total of 50-55 BUT...

when he said this ''I think we have reached the roster limit of whats feasible''

(-_-) ok..is it one or the other...
looking to deep into it.bloody pointless..well what the **** are we meant to do when theres no news...

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What do you guys think about Dillon?
I know he doesn't seem likely as of now, but say, he gets a wii u launch titled, "The last ranger" and boom Nintendo has a new big IP. See him getting in?
I do indeed if this is the case.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I know he doesn't seem likely as of now, but say, he gets a wii u launch titled, "The last ranger" and boom Nintendo has a new big IP. See him getting in?
if he really is looking at a big sequel than sure. as Dillon stands right now his chances arent very high sadly.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The part relating to 50 characters is:

They're pink! They fly! It's awesome, I can't wait. :awesome:

Hopefully olimar will get a better recovery. I hope all tether reliant characters get a better recovery

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would not mind Dillion at all personally, since I have played Dillion's Rolling Western and find the character appealing enough that having more appearances wouldn't hurt. It's just that for Dillion I'm going to be pretty mild on inclusion so nobody gets hurt.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If SSB4 entered development later (and assuming Dillon does get another title), then it might be possible, but I'd still say he'd be out-prioritized by other unrepresented series. However, that's all pretty moot as it's hypothetical, I'd say he missed his chances this time around, but if his series continues to expand, he might have a shot in the future.

Right now other series honestly deserve inclusion much more, and Sakurai seems to have pretty high standards in regards to adding series. Around the time of Brawl apparently series like Golden Sun, Starfy, and Custom Robo all didn't merit inclusion, and they were significantly larger and more successful than Dillon's current single game.

He has a pretty good chance to be an AT though, I'd say.

I personally like the character though, I'd be happy if/when he finally gets into Smash one day.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hope fully olimar will get a better recovery. I hope all tether reliant characters get a better recovery
I think that should be done by buffing tethers in general, though Olimar might be getting a moveset overhaul. Alternativley, one of the new Captains might be playable alongside Oli, and they could use the new types of Pikmin instead.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I Swear if a 3rd Earthbound character appears and has PK Fire, PK Feather and PK Starstorm im gonna be pissed
I'll take a C. Viper esque Kumatora with Burning Kick PK Fire, Seismic Hammer PK Ground, Thunder Knuckle PK Thunder, and PSI Paralysis.

I always liked his design. Not sure exactly what he would bring to the table though.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He says he could put 50 characters on the roster, but he wants to do more then simply making Brawl 2.0.
I see. But does he comment on adding any specific amount of characters or anything? From BKupa's comment, it seemed like he planned on adding a decent amount of characters while making it a solid game throughout. Hopefully that is the case.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
He would bring a westerner for one. A cowboy type persona. Two another animal, not sure what that entails for smash.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
He would bring a westerner for one. A cowboy type persona. Two another animal, not sure what that entails for smash.

I'm not talking about aesthetics here. I mean playstyle. Can he play differently from the others?

I can kind of see him as a whiff punishing character that excels in wearing down with keep away while waiting to get in and wreck stuff up.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I always viewed Dillion as some sort of power parallel to Sonic, who could rack up damage but instead suffered from speed problems. I also had an gimmicky idea of his back having super armor properties, where he would take damage from the back but not receive any knockback.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I see. But does he comment on adding any specific amount of characters or anything? From BKupa's comment, it seemed like he planned on adding a decent amount of characters while making it a solid game throughout. Hopefully that is the case.

I still haven't gotten any luck with the link so im going off what you guys are posting. From the looks of it, it sounds like he is talking about Brawl not SSB4.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I could not have put it better myself.
Upon trying to think of what kindof character he'd be I almost used the same words you did.

For a smash attack say, I see him rolling in place to charge up, then rolling forward bashing the opponent but not moving anywhere. Sort of like the contact that a roll makes in dillons rolling western

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
He says he could put 50 characters on the roster, but he wants to do more then essentially making Brawl 2.0.
I am really anxious to know what direction he is planning on taking with Smash 4. Oh well. Just another five months until we finally know.

Its a long while until we finally see something. I still vividly remember the last final weeks of pre-Brawl. To think that was five years ago. I was already thinking about Smash 4 as soon as I unlocked all the characters and stages for Brawl (mostly about Ridley). Brawl was so close to a perfect roster to me. I really did not want to stick around for another six to seven years for the next Smash game. :laugh:

To think it has already been five years. We are so close to an unveil. Things are going to get extremely crazy once we actually know some real information about Smash 4. Its amazing how much things changed in speculation during those five years.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd be cool with Dillion, but other series should get the larger priority in my book.

Anyone remember that Gamefaqs rumor, only about a week left before we find out if it's true or not. :troll:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think that should be done by buffing tethers in general, though Olimar might be getting a moveset overhaul. Alternativley, one of the new Captains might be playable alongside Oli, and they could use the new types of Pikmin instead.

I like the solution they used in Project M, where it will still latch even if someone hogs the edge. I hope they make it so you can tether anywhere on the stage like they did in melee.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
If there was a third character, then logically Porky (either make the mech smaller like Crusade or give him a Sakurai'd style where he uses some sort of backpack mech with legs like his EB one) or Ninten (make him look different, which isn't hard, and either Luigify him or change him AND Lucas up, as they both could be very unique with moves that logically only they could use that Ness could not based on PSI powers available per game) would be the one to go with.
As of now, I think a 3rd EarthBound character is not probable. EarthBound only has 3 games in the entire series (not counting the Mother 1+2 GBA port), and having 3 characters for a franchise with only 3 games is pushing it too far. Though the Mother 1 protagonist, Ninten, is the only EarthBound character I think has real chances because of the popularity of his game in Japan, he is probably not going to be added because he looks TOO MUCH like Ness, the creator has even said that they could be the same person. Just imagine the reaction of non-EarthBound fans if they see this guy in the roster:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
To think it has already been five years. We are so close to an unveil. Things are going to get extremely crazy once we actually know some real information about Smash 4.
I can guarantee that this place will go down the crap hole once we finally learn about stuff. Like so many users appear on this very site to the point of causing the servers to commit suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom