• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
i Dunno about new chars but i think the Roster will be 45 Max imo. No more but could be less.

Cant say about new chars because we dunno if peeps are gonna get cut/replaced...

:phone:

So about 10?

True... but, I'm not too concerned about replacement characters, since they will tend to play somewhat the same as the original character did. As for cuts it can be anybody's guess.

Fingers crossed for Metaknight. :troll:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Only 5 or 6 brand new characters in SSB4? Considering Brawl added 10 more slots to Melee's 25 slots while cutting 5 characters and added 18 newcomers, I expect more cutting and a whole lot more than 5 or 6 newcomers if we are getting 10 more slots for a total of 45 slots.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Only 5 or 6 brand new characters in SSB4? Considering Brawl added 10 more slots to Melee's 25 slots while cutting 5 characters and added 18 newcomers, I expect more cutting and a whole lot more than 5 or 6 newcomers if we are getting 10 more slots for a total of 45 slots.

I'm only basing that speculation off of Sakurai's statement that he isn't focused on adding more characters. Who knows... Maybe Namco was able to speed up and the "balance" (because no came is truly ever balance, though some games are pretty close) process of the roster and gave Sakurai time add more characters here and there.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
What im certain of.

Littlemac
Takamaru
Kid Icarus 2nd rep

What i highly think will happen

Fire emblem 3rd Rep
Metroid 2nd Rep
Earthbound 3rd rep
Pac man

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
1) Little Mac
2) King K. Rool
3) Ridley
4) Pac-man

You have any guesses of the 2nd Kid Icarus rep? Palutena? Magnus?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Why do people always fret over Sakurai's "we've probably reached our limit in terms of feasibility" interview but entirely ignore his "we could probably make 50 characters or double the stages on the 3DS, but I don't face that limitation on the Wii U" one?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
What im certain of.

Littlemac
Takamaru
Kid Icarus 2nd rep

Fire emblem 3rd Rep
Metroid 2nd Rep
Earthbound 3rd rep
Pac man

I Swear if a 3rd Earthbound character appears and has PK Fire, PK Feather and PK Starstorm im gonna be pissed

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I'm only basing that speculation off of Sakurai's statement that he isn't focused on adding more characters. Who knows... Maybe Namco was able to speed up and the "balance" (because no came is truly ever balance, though some games are pretty close) process of the roster and gave Sakurai time add more characters here and there.
This. Plus, IMO there are far fewer characters that are universally considered deserving, unlike pre-Brawl, when there was a comparitively large number of characters not included that were highly requested/deserving/whatever.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
My certainties:
1. Roy
2. Lil Mac
3. Palutena
4. Ridley
5. King K. Rool

What on earth makes you certain of takamaru?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
1) Little Mac
2) King K. Rool
3) Ridley
4) Pac-man

You have any guesses of the 2nd Kid Icarus rep? Palutena? Magnus?
I only say stuff Like.

2nd ''Series'' Rep when i dont know jack about said series so it doesnt piss people off..

I dont know nothing about Kid Icarus or Fire emblem story characters or anything.. so i jut said

Pit and 2nd Kid Icarus Rep - For Sure
Highly think they will be 3 Fire emblem chars in Sm4sh.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why do people always fret over Sakurai's "we've probably reached our limit in terms of feasibility" interview but entirely ignore his "we could probably make 50 characters or double the stages on the 3DS, but I don't face that limitation on the Wii U" one?

Because people would rather look at the negatives and completely ignore everything that disproves it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero

When the hell did he say ''we could make 50 chars or double the stages (+_0)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

I'm kind of confused are we talking about the same interview?
You mean this quote?

Smash Jesus said:
“It isn’t a matter of ‘if the next game has 50 characters, that’ll be enough.’ There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive.
Because in this interview he seems to be putting balance first over big roster for both 3DS and WiiU. If it isn't the same interview can you post a source of the one you are refering too??

TheCreator

Smash Lord
What im certain of.

Littlemac
Takamaru
Kid Icarus 2nd rep

Fire emblem 3rd Rep
Metroid 2nd Rep
Earthbound 3rd rep
Pac man
What makes you think takamaru is certain?
And why do you think earthbound will get another rep?

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
What on earth makes you certain of takamaru?

he's been getting shown a large amount of love from Nintendo lately. a micro game in Warioware D.I.Y, an unlockable character in Samurai Warriors 3, appearing in Captain Rainbow, and of course getting an attraction in Nintendoland. and i think i had heard once that Sakurai wants to make a new Murasame castle? (correct me if im wrong)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai himself has expressed some interest in Takamaru. Sakurai said that if there is ever another Mysterious Murasame Game game with Takamaru, he would probably be put into Smash. Not sure if cameos and ports count, but at least Nintendo seems the care about something so obscure.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
This. Plus, IMO there are far fewer characters that are universally considered deserving, unlike pre-Brawl, when there was a comparitively large number of characters not included that were highly requested/deserving/whatever.
True but even those theres less choices theres less newcomers too...so were essentially in the same boat still..or yoy could even say were in a worse one...

Take my mindset for example.

45. Chars in total yh all brawl

So only 10 more chars im only going by additional chars to increase roster limit not by replacements.

So we only got 10 new chars
and

Little Mac
Takamaru
Kid Icarus 2nd Rep
Pac man/Mega man

are pretty much shoe ins..

I want Ridley, K.Rool & Mewtwo in.

What the chances of that? expecially when Mario/Earthbound/F-Zero have a solid chance of getting a extra char on top of what they already got and we havent even decided on new series yet!

It could be done but extremely wise picking.. Like Prescise and for sure that aint gonna happen! i dont expect all 3 of my most wanted to get in anyway...its a example that were pretty much in the same boat if not worse.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
So as far as the very slight possibility of a 3rd MOTHER rep, what does everyone think about Porkey? ive seen him in a few "roster wishlists" and i like the idea! (being the MOTHER fanboy i am lol) and if not 3 reps, how would people feel if he replaced Lucas or somthing? im just curious on thoughts

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn Phuck Lucas!
Lol i'm down for more characters as long as they add variety to the roster.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
If anything i gotta the biggest feeling that the 3DS version will have alotta newcomers But and will have the coolest chars but the WiiU version will probly still have all the brawl roster + Exclusive and or 3rd party like 2 or 3...

Or something along them lines of Ridiculousness...

Imo i think having 2 smashes being co-devolped to work together is gonna be bad..bad idea...

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i personally find that the Mother series is far more represented than it should be already. not saying its a bad game or anything just that it has 2 characters, a boss in SSE, two items i think? its just for a 3 game franchise thats quite a fair bit of repping

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
How is confidence even involved here

Not hating man just saying that your pretty confident that Roy & Mewtwo will return and a possibility that Deoxys could be there with Mewtwo.

Thats all.

i personally find that the Mother series is far more represented than it should be already. not saying its a bad game or anything just that it has 2 characters, a boss in SSE, two items i think? its just for a 3 game franchise thats quite a fair bit of repping
Starfox & Mother being more represented then Metroid and D.K is
''a Humongous chunk! of Repping...''

imo (-_-)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
If anything i gotta the biggest feeling that the 3DS version will have alotta newcomers But and will have the coolest chars but the WiiU version will probly still have all the brawl roster + Exclusive and or 3rd party like 2 or 3...

Or something along them lines of Ridiculousness...

Imo i think having 2 smashes being co-devolped to work together is gonna be bad..bad idea...

i've said it before that i think there are going to be some key differences between the two. in regards to the roster i see maybe 1 or 2 differences. but other than that the roster is pretty much the same.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So as far as the very slight possibility of a 3rd MOTHER rep, what does everyone think about Porkey? ive seen him in a few "roster wishlists" and i like the idea! (being the MOTHER fanboy i am lol) and if not 3 reps, how would people feel if he replaced Lucas or somthing? im just curious on thoughts
The characters that are generally thrown around as a third Mother rep are Porky, Claus, and Ninten. Ninten is usually dismissed on the basis of being another Ness semi-clone (which is kinda ironic considering who came first), so it usually comes down to Porky and Claus. Porky is probably more deserving, having appeared in two of the games, and being the main antagonist of one. Some people think he couldn't really work (size and technical issues with the spider-mech), but that's dumb. Claus IIRC is more popular, and personally I'd rather see him, but he isn't as prevalent in the series as Porky, so it's a bit of a toss up. Perhaps whatever Mother thing in development will help narrow down a clear third rep (though probably not). All that being said, chances are pretty high Mother won't get a new rep this time around, none of the remaining Mother characters are that necessary to include, and the series (while it might see a remake or rerelease or something) is fairly small and fairly dead to receive a new character. Don't get your hopes up. Mother is already represented quite sufficiently for what it is.

Oh, and sometimes characters like Paula, Kumatora, Jeff, or Poo is also brought up, but I'd say none of them have a chance.

As for Porky replacing Lucas? That's not going to happen. The only character that could replace Lucas IMO is a future protagonist (which... obviously won't happen). Even if he appeared in more than one game, at this point Porky isn't going to replace a veteran protagonist.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ness is pretty much a carbon copy of Ninten right down to looking very identical, so him being a clone isn't too far off at all.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
The characters that are generally thrown around as a third Mother rep are Porky, Claus, and Ninten. Ninten is usually dismissed on the basis of another Ness semi-clone (which is kinda ironic considering who came first), so it usually comes down to Porky and Claus. Porky is probably more deserving, having appeared in two of the games, and being the main antagonist of one. Some people think he couldn't really work (size and technical issues with the spider-mech), but that's dumb. Claus IIRC is more popular, and personally I'd rather see him, but he isn't as prevalent in the series as Porky, so it's a bit of a toss up. Perhaps whatever Mother thing in development will help narrow down a clear third rep (though probably not). All that being said, chances are pretty high Mother won't get a new rep this time around, none of the remaining Mother characters are that necessary to include, and the series (while it might see a remake or rerelease or something) is fairly small and fairly dead to receive a new character. Don't get your hopes up. Mother is already represented quite sufficiently for what it is.

Oh, and sometimes characters like Paula, Kumatora, Jeff, or Poo is also brought up, but I'd say none of them have a chance.

As for Porky replacing Lucas? That's not going to happen. The only character that could replace Lucas IMO is a future protagonist (which... obviously won't happen). Even if he appeared in more than one game, at this point Porky isn't going to replace a veteran protagonist.
I agree with all the points you make. Claus im sure is more popular but I personally would rather see Porkey. too bad its quite a strech.....like you said its pretty damn well repped as it is. Porkey would be able to bring some refreshing diversity to the Mother character offered in smash though.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
So your saying you think that the 3DS version will have 34+ Chars?

in all reality? maybe. i've been hassled about this before but i somewhat see the 3DS version as just being a lesser quality Smash 4. roster not quite as big, the story mode may be shorter, among other possible differences. but to make up for it it may have an exclusive character or two. but whatever people dont like that theory but in all reality its possible.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
in all reality? maybe. i've been hassled about this before but i somewhat see the 3DS version as just being a lesser quality Smash 4. roster not quite as big, the story mode may be shorter, among other possible differences. but to make up for it it may have an exclusive character or two. but whatever people dont like that theory but in all reality its possible.
Oww..sorry man im not hassling you wasent meant to.
Just asking you if thats what you think i wasent gonna ask you ''Why''

As long as we dont get any info..anything can happen!!

Scizor for Sm4sh!

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
Oww..sorry man im not hassling you wasent meant to.
Just asking you if thats what you think i wasent gonna ask you ''Why''

As long as we dont get any info..anything can happen!!

Scizor for Sm4sh!

oh no ur not hassling me. in the past when i brought up that possibility i got berated with all these comments saying how wrong i was bla blah blah. it just got annoying so i dropped it

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
oh no ur not hassling me. in the past when i brought up that possibility i got berated with all these comments saying how wrong i was bla blah blah. it just got annoying so i dropped it
I aint here to argue with no one..you believe what you wanna believe but i like to know peoples thoughs on stuff but theres no need to know ''Why'' tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom