• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Sony dropping out of the console making business is a reality getting close, unless Sony puts a trump card into play and blows the competition, which is very unlikely. The PS Vita should be more than proof to how Sony isn't being able to keep up with Nintendo in the handheld market.
Sony as a whole is suffering because of very controversial marketing decisions biting them in the butt, with no signs of recovering. It's kinda like what happened to SEGA years ago that forced them to quit making consoles, though whether Sony can afford going third party is debatable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sony as a whole is suffering because of very controversial marketing decisions biting them in the butt, with no signs of recovering. It's kinda like what happened to SEGA years ago that forced them to quit making consoles, though whether Sony can afford going third party is debatable.
Yeah, I know. Sony's decisions weren't exactly the best they made. PS Vita flopping is just an example of the consequences of such decisions.

If they can't even afford going third party, then they may drop out of the videogame market entirely. Now, I can't help but think: assuming the latter option, what would happen to their videogame IPs?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I do but a roster of mostly Gen 1 and a Gen 4 does sound "boring", like you said.
To you, maybe. Again, this game is not about representation in the roster.

I think saying "not every generation needs a playable representative" is such a cop-out. It's worse than boring. It's stagnant. Why do we have to play with the same Pokemon from 64/Melee/Brawl in SSB4? Why can't we get new Pokemon to play with in SSB4? You mean to tell me that we are denied the opportunity to play as brand-new, never-before-playable-in-Smash Pokemon just to play with the old Pokemon that we have already experienced with in 64/Melee/Brawl? Pokemon is a franchise where there is a constant influx of characters. Why cannot Smash reflect this in the playable roster, not just the Pokeball roster?
You need to realize this is a game first and foremost. The current Pokemon cast are all very unique amongst themselves and the roster as a whole. Could Pokemon from other gens play potentially as unique as the others? Yes, but there's also the question of popularity and whether the ones already in bring more to the table. Forget the fact that they're Pokemon and think of them as OC's for a moment. We wouldn't be having this discussion if it was like that.

BTW, unattached to the current topic, but I saw this neat little video that argues that some of the weird characterization of Samus in Other M- which we've discussed every now and then in this long and winding thread- was the result of bad localization, and that basically the localization team of Other M turned Samus from a sort of Samurai-like figure who hides refuses to show emotions like some sort of badass Vulcan into the more... emotional... type of character that showed up in the English version.

Okay, just was throwing that in. Back to the topic at hand.
I would not associate Vulcan with the samurai example. A Vulcan is purely logic oriented. The samurai type, based off the video, will do their best to keep their emotions in check and keep calm like any fighter.

The US approach was more awkward than bad per se. The director should have had the actress (since it's usually the director's fault, even with veteran actors) go for a more assertive, slightly loud approach. For example, when Samus said, "Adam, listen to me.", her tone should have been firmer, like she was putting her foot down, to get her point across Adam. Otherwise, her tone was more motherly (lawl) and polite.

My gimmick for Duck Hunt Dog involves breaking the fourth wall. The dog points in one way, the hunter (the person playing Duck Hunt) shoots from the fourth wall at wherever the dog is pointing at. Sure, it would look like a magic explosion but it's really a cartoony gunfire explosion. My reasoning for this is that the dog always seem to break the fourth wall by laughing at you (the person playing Duck Hunt) whenever you miss a shot. It's like the dog is aware that he is in a video game and he's trolling us just by being on the roster instead of another popular character. :troll:
That's purely a visual gimmick. Reduce it all to hitboxes and it's nothing unique. Manly's BlazBlue examples are where you can "see" them at the hitbox level.

And I think we can all agree that Banjo-Kazooie should be in Smash. And speaking of mascots from yesteryear, it looks like Crash Bandicoot might have a redesign in the works. This one people snatched up before it was deleted gives him a look that's somewhere between old school Disney, Looney Tunes, and Popeye.

D

Deleted member

The only character who isn't relevant in Brawl was Sheik though. Outside the retros of coarse. And even Sheik was planned for Twilight Princess, but was likely scrapped from the story after they decided on using her again. So yes, relevance imo does count. You cannot rule it out at least. It'll always be a major point outside of popularity, moveset potential ect ect.

:phone:
:ness2:

Neither relevant nor "retro".

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I still wonder...

Maan. Sheik with that young Zelda will feel quite out of place to me. But lol, moveset is why Sheik's gonna be kept, RIIGHT?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still wonder...

Maan. Sheik with that young Zelda will feel quite out of place to me. But lol, moveset is why Sheik's gonna be kept, RIIGHT?
It's what more or less kept Jiggs in from 64 to Melee. But, Sheik's moveset could be upgraded for Impa (you might as well improve it if you're changing characters). Like many things, this is a case by case thing and should not be a rule.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, the XY legenary's names were revealed today. The X is Xerneas and the Y is Yveltal. These majestic beasts better be the new legendary Pokeball Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:ness2:

Neither relevant nor "retro".
And HIGHLY suspected by everyone pre-Brawl to be possibly cut. But yes, forgot about him. Only because he's a 64-veteran, much like Captain Falcon. Who shares the same problem. Yet, both are the most important characters in their entire franchise / universe, so in a way, yes they are still more relevant than Sheik.

It's what more or less kept Jiggs in from 64 to Melee. But, Sheik's moveset could be upgraded for Impa (you might as well improve it if you're changing characters). Like many things, this is a case by case thing and should not be a rule.
Impa is easily the best sollution if they wanna revamp the Zelda characters and not add in any newcomers (plus, possibly cut Toon Link). This way there'd still be 5 playable Zelda characters, and everyone and their dog would be happy. Plus, Impa is cool as ****. :cool:

I still wonder...

Moveset is why Captain Falcon is gonna be kept. Not Sheik. Sheik should be gone. And yes, young Sheik doesn't excist. Another reason to go Impa.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Moveset is why Captain Falcon is gonna be kept. Not Sheik. Sheik should be gone. And yes, young Sheik doesn't excist. Another reason to go Impa.
We also have to look at this at another angle. One of the criteria for character selection is that they can do something only they can do. Sure, it can be a little lax, but what Sheik can do, so can Impa. Likewise, there's probably not that many characters that can replicate Capt. Falcon's playstyle and still feel right.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, is it just me or is there some sort of double standard when relating to relevancy? Like "King K. Rool has been absent for 5 years and there for cannot appear, but Mach Rider is perfectly viable despite being absent for over 20+ years".

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A lot of people have this range for relevancy. To be considered relevant you had to have appeared in a game in the last five or so years. Anything from SNES era and earlier is considered to be retro. If I had to be serious in believing this, I'd now include the N64 era in this.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently, the XY legenary's names were revealed today. The X is Xerneas and the Y is Yveltal. These majestic beasts better be the new legendary Pokeball Pokemon.

they both look badass. have them appear in Poké Balls in SSB4, alongside Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem and previous mascots (except Dialga and Palkia if Spear Pillar returns as a past stage).

Also, is it just me or is there some sort of double standard when relating to relevancy? Like "King K. Rool has been absent for 5 years and there for cannot appear, but Mach Rider is perfectly viable despite being absent for over 20+ years".
that's a double standard. it's unfair to compare K. Rool, a recurring character in the DK series to Mach Rider, a retro character, in the first place.

barring remakes and SSB games, Ganondorf hasn't appeared since 2006 in Twilight Princess. now Ganondorf doesn't deserve to appear in SSB4 too? yeah, that logic proves to be flawed.

besides, K. Rool is to DK, like Bowser is to Mario or Ganon is to Zelda, so he deserves to appear.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just got a WiiU not too long ago (Missing that GC controller :c ), and I realized that I couldn't transfer my previous Brawl data to my WiiU. So I decided to do a couple rounds of Classic mode to get some characters.

When I played through the mode using DK and Diddy, I noticed something pretty interesting about their end sequence with the credits rolling: Their main theme is the King K. Rools Ship from DKC.

I just thought it was interesting how the main theme to define the DK series is the main villan's theme and he is not even playable. I find it really puzzling how that is the main theme over something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZjNuzcLeMQ

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Maybe someone on the Brawl team really liked K. Rool's theme? You know, Melee's Dr. Mario music helped earn him a slot...let's hope for a repeat. ^_^

Banjo-Kazooie would be such a great "get" for Smash. They'd be just as shocking and game-selling as Snake, and if Nintendo bought them back, wouldn't even fill up a third party slot in the process.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's called people like to pull stuff out of thin air.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that some people here are confusing relevancy with recentness. Recentness is where you recently had a game in the last 5 years (after January 31, 2008 at the earliest). Relevancy is whether you are important or not important in the game/series you hail from.

D

Deleted member

And HIGHLY suspected by everyone pre-Brawl to be possibly cut. But yes, forgot about him. Only because he's a 64-veteran, much like Captain Falcon. Who shares the same problem. Yet, both are the most important characters in their entire franchise / universe, so in a way, yes they are still more relevant than Sheik.
Ness is the most important character in his franchise? News to me.
I mean, he was only one of three main protagonists for the series (the other two being Lucas and Ninten, who Ness is an expy of).
I don't really see how Ness is any more important than the other two.
If anything, wouldn't Giygas be the most important character, due to being the prevalent villain of the first two games, then corrupting another character (Porky) so bad, they become the main villain in his place for the third?

And last I checked, Sheik was just an alter ego of Zelda. Are you saying that Ness is more relevant than Zelda, the namesake of her series?
Being under a different name doesn't magically make Sheik a different character altogether, which is what you fail to comprehend.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We also have to look at this at another angle. One of the criteria for character selection is that they can do something only they can do. Sure, it can be a little lax, but what Sheik can do, so can Impa. Likewise, there's probably not that many characters that can replicate Capt. Falcon's playstyle and still feel right.
Pretty much yeah, but am getting lazy defending Impa cause I think it should speak for itself by now.

Captain Falcon is unique, and pretty much Smash's icon character. King of the WTF-character additions also quite literally. There's not really anybody left to replace him, unless they wanna make Mach Rider much like Falcon? Still, far not as viable as Impa > Sheik. Which in all honestly should be seen as Toon Link > Young Link, but with an own character slot instead of Zelda's Down B (which is still considered the best move in the game lolz).

Arcadenik got the thing right with relevancy vs recent appearing appearances though. K.Rool is still extremely relevant to DKC, as well as Ness and Falcon are to their respective series. Therefore, K.Rool should be in. As well as Dixie. And: Impa. :reverse:

Ness is most important cause his game was the only one to come out of Japan as a start. Then, his game was the most influential overall probably. He killed of Giygas for example, and him not finishing of Porky basically caused all events in Mother 3. He finished the story of Mother 1, and started the story of 3. I'd say he's quite important. And also quite important, the most well known.

By your logic, Tetra >>> Sheik also though. So why shouldn't we make Skyward Sword Zelda transform to Tetra with her down B? After all, Tetra is also the namesake of her series.

D

Deleted member

Ness is most important cause his game was the only one to come out of Japan as a start. Then, his game was the most influential overall probably. He killed of Giygas for example, and him not finishing of Porky basically caused all events in Mother 3. He finished the story of Mother 1, and started the story of 3. I'd say he's quite important. And also quite important, the most well known.
This is a load of Krokorok.
Being the only one to come out of Japan doesn't make him more important to the series. That kind of logic makes my eyes bleed like 02. So what, is Ephraim more important to the Fire Emblem series than Roy because his game was released outside of Japan while Roy's wasn't?
And just because Giygas was defeated in Ness' game and Porky managed to get away for the events of Mother 3, Ness is suddenly more important to the series as a whole than the one who started the series and the one who ended it? Because he's an interlude?
No. Ness is no more important than Ninten or Lucas than they are than him. They are all equal in importance.

By your logic, Tetra >>> Sheik also though. So why shouldn't we make Skyward Sword Zelda transform to Tetra with her down B? After all, Tetra is also the namesake of her series.
Except that would be the same deal as having Twig Impa be able to pick up a cow and chuck it people like Fat Impa
Or for an example that you will listen to since it's not joking about Impa, having N-Lips (SS) Link have his hat peck at people; it doesn't fit the style of the particular version.
Tetra is not just a different Zelda than Schoolgirl Zelda, she's a different style altogether; the "Toon" style. Whereas Sheik does not fit a Toon style (so I pray for Sakurai's sake "Toon Sheik" was just codename for Tetra), Tetra does not fit outside the Toon style.
Also, from a certain standpoint, it'd be quite rediculous to have Schoolgirl Zelda randomly become a pirate, when there are no pirates in SS.
"B-but SHEIK wasn't in SS either, durr!" Maybe so, but it wouldn't be too out of place for Schoolgirl Zelda to become a Cutesy Ninja Sheik because of Impa's presense in the game. As you constantly point out, Impa was the one that trained Zelda in OoT to be able to defend herself and act as a Sheikah. Same thing could be done for SS Impa and Zelda.

When all else fails though, just don't use Schoolgirl Zelda, due to not fitting the same vibe that the ones in Smash already had and for being ludicrous as a fighter. I mean, Groose would be more capable than THAT Zelda.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would actually be curious about what hypothetical "Cutesy Ninja Sheik" would look like to compliment "Schoolgirl Zelda".

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Funny, as you was about 100% certain that Toon Sheik HAD to be an actual Toon Sheik. Will get back at this. brb

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
As for that discussion about Rare I missed, yeah, obviously Banjo would be a huge get for Smash, and I at least would probably explode from joy (Banjo was my most wanted character back around Melee times when he was a possibility), and getting the IP back would also be great, but realistically it probably isn't too likely. Nintendo has plenty of other IPs that are more profitable (I don't see them chasing after an IP that wouldn't be any more lucrative than what they already have), and I don't really see Microsoft being in a rush to sell the IP either (not that I think they're going to use B&K anytime soon).

It's almost definitely just a rumor. Don't get me wrong, if it turns out to be true, I'll be over the moon (I was practically raised on all of Rare's games), but logically, people shouldn't really be getting their hopes up. As for those sources, the Forbes one, as far as I can tell, is based on the ZI one, and the ZI one is... Zelda Informer. Plus even looking at that article shows a couple holes in the story, namely Retro being deep in development on a project they don't even have confirmed legal rights to. Nintendo would never spend the amount needed to fund one of their major studios working on a project of that caliber without having rights to it.

Nintendo negotiating with Rare/Microsoft over some of the (non-Banjo, non-Conker) characters from DKR? (if that rumor turns out to be true -- which I think there is a much better chance of). That I could see being plausible, as licensing costs would be fairly paltry, at least in comparison to other Rare characters. B&K, Conker, Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, etc. I don't see returning to Nintendo anytime soon, if ever.

Anyway, yeah, B&K in Smash would be a dream come true, but in all likelihood, it'll remain as just a dream. :(

D

Deleted member

Funny, as you was about 100% certain that Toon Sheik HAD to be an actual Toon Sheik. Will get back at this. brb
This was before I looked at other character data.
"pikmin" is code for Olimar.
"pokelizardon" is code for Charizard, "pokefushigisou" is Ivysaur, and "pokezenigame" is Squirtle. While granted, they are all part of Pokemon Trainer, and those use their Romanized Japanese names, Sheik and Zero Suit Samus don't reference their other forms in their data.
"Myu2" is code for Mewtwo on his Victory Theme (while his character data is simply "mewtwo").

And even going by Melee's Debug Menu
"Emblem" was code for Roy.
"CLink" was code for Young Link.
"Ze->Se" was Zelda. "Se->Ze" was Sheik.
"GKoops" was Giga Bowser.

So it doesn't necessarily mean it WAS Toon Sheik. However, that isn't saying that it wasn't. But like "pra_mai", there is no definite answer at this point (and likely will never turn up).

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I can't remember who it was that once brought up this idea (I believe it was Golden) about advertisement in Smash. With a worldwide release of October 2013, The Pokemon Company is going to want to make these games as relevant and known as possible.

I'm not saying there will for sure be a playable character from Gen 6, but there will certainly be a decent amount pf content within SSB4

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Ness is the most important character from the Mother franchise NOT just because he was the only one who made it to America, but also because the only characters who are more important (Giygas, maybe Pokey and the Mr. Saturns as a race) aren't fighting material. He's more important than Ninten because he was the one destined to lead the Chosen Four that defeated Giygas forever, and is more important than Lucas because Pokey/Porky's role in M3 is because of Ness' defeat of him and the grudge he holds from it all.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The characters that were in Melee and Brawl are pretty much guaranteed to return Gamingboy. That includes Ness. ;)

And seeing as how many positive things Sakurai said about the Brawl roster as a whole, don't expect many cuts. In fact, no cuts is pretty likely, too.
As for that discussion about Rare I missed, yeah, obviously Banjo would be a huge get for Smash
Just for us older fans. For most fans, he would just be another character. Don't get me wrong, I love Banjo like Seth MacFarlane loves himself, awful joke formulas, and being as unfunny as possible. But, unless these extremely shady rumors are true, which btw, they are extremely shady, I don't think there is any chance of this being true at all.

If Nintendo was a 3rd party company, sure this would be possible, but Microsoft isn't dumb enough to give artillery and assets (in the Banjo/Conker/Perfect Dark IPs) to their enemy in the line of business. Microsoft would be better off just sitting on those IPs and doing nothing with them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Just for us older fans. For most fans, he would just be another character. Don't get me wrong, I love Banjo like Seth MacFarlane loves himself, awful joke formulas, and being as unfunny as possible. But, unless these extremely shady rumors are true, which btw, they are extremely shady, I don't think there is any chance of this being true at all.

If Nintendo was a 3rd party company, sure this would be possible, but Microsoft isn't dumb enough to give artillery and assets (in the Banjo/Conker/Perfect Dark IPs) to their enemy in the line of business. Microsoft would be better off just sitting on those IPs and doing nothing with them.
That's true. Smash does have a comparatively large "older" fanbase who would understand the significance of an hypothetical Banjo appearance when compared to some of Nintendo's other series, but you're right, that is another reason why Banjo would just be unlikely to go after, in terms of Smash. While sure, some of the gamers who played his games back on the 64 would love his inclusion, now a large portion of newer gamers could care less, like you said, he'd just be another character. Microsoft hasn't exactly expanded his fanbase. :rolleyes:

Like I said, by no means do I actually think Banjo will be added to Smash (ever), but considering he is a first-party character of a direct competitor, if he hypothetically showed up, it would still be quite the amazing get. Even if some ungrateful kids can't appreciate it. :laugh::awesome:

yani

Smash Lord
A lot of people have this range for relevancy. To be considered relevant you had to have appeared in a game in the last five or so years. Anything from SNES era and earlier is considered to be retro. If I had to be serious in believing this, I'd now include the N64 era in this.
Sheik = retro confirmed :troll:

D

Deleted member

I would actually be curious about what hypothetical "Cutesy Ninja Sheik" would look like to compliment "Schoolgirl Zelda".
I was going to draw one since my desire to break free from the confines of my studies has given me and enourmous art bug, but I got lazy and googled it instead. It actually brings up a bunch of... Amusing results:
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=TentULymPNKzhAeBloGQCw
[COLLAPSE="Most notably this one:"]
[/COLLAPSE]

@N3ON

Yeah, it was mostly wishful thinking, and experimenting with a possibility. These rumors are most likely untrue, but hey... one can dream right?
;_;

Banjo is the ONLY character that would be as hypable and shocking as Snake at this point.

I can't remember who it was that once brought up this idea (I believe it was Golden) about advertisement in Smash. With a worldwide release of October 2013, The Pokemon Company is going to want to make these games as relevant and known as possible.

I'm not saying there will for sure be a playable character from Gen 6, but there will certainly be a decent amount pf content within SSB4
I've brought it up a couple times but it usually gets shot down with "Smash Bros is not a marketing tool."

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am I so old that I only think of NES-only characters as truely retro?

And GoldenY: SS Zelda is the incaration of a Goddess. She'd logically be the most powerful Zelda ever, but didn't reach her full potential so to say. SS Impa also didn't have those 7 years to train Zelda to be Sheik, so no, it's impossible.

If anything, SS Zelda would be the most logical step to buff Zelda a good bit, and separate her from a Down B transformation character- who has a spiritual succesor as the spiritual earlier incaration of the same Sage who trained her to be Sheik in the first place.

Makes sence to me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

And GoldenY: SS Zelda is the incaration of a Goddess. She'd logically be the most powerful Zelda ever, but didn't reach her full potential so to say. SS Impa also didn't have those 7 years to train Zelda to be Sheik, so no, it's impossible.

If anything, SS Zelda would be the most logical step to buff Zelda a good bit, and separate her from a Down B transformation character- who has a spiritual succesor as the spiritual earlier incaration of the same Sage who trained her to be Sheik in the first place.

Makes sence to me.
that was more or less the same argument used during pre-Brawl against Sheik.

just because she's SS Zelda, it doesn't mean that she can't have the Sheik transformation, which is already a staple of Zelda's appearence throughout her SSB appearences.

besides... who's to say there isn't another Zelda title in the works (you know, for the Wii U)? who's to say that Sakurai will use the designs from Skyward Sword?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

just because she's SS Zelda, it doesn't mean that she can't have the Sheik transformation, which is already a staple of Zelda's appearence throughout her SSB appearences.

besides... who's to say there isn't another Zelda title in the works (you know, for the Wii U)? who's to say that Sakurai will use the designs from Skyward Sword?
People forget that Smash's roster was decided in 2005. And Sheik was still planned for Twilight Princess at that point probably. So: in Sakurai's eyes she was still considered relevant.

The next Zelda will also probably be looking very similar to Skyward Sword as read here: http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-zelda-game-coming-2014/ . Though it's not official source, it's the most information available on the net about Zelda Wii U.

I'll quote what they said about the visual art style of Zelda Wii U : 'The first bit of information concerns the visual style of the game. Many Zelda fans are hoping for a darker, Twilight Princes-like Zelda on the Wii U, but it looks like Nintendo is sticking to most recent Zelda art style, found in Skyward Sword. “Nintendo is sticking to the core values of Zelda, while trying to appeal to a wide range of gamers, casual and hardcore”, our source told us, adding, “They feel they’ve found the sweet spot with Skyward Sword, and they’re continuing this approach with the Wii U Zelda game”.'

Also, there is no SS styled Sheik, Sheik was never planned for Skyward Sword. It was always Impa. Which is funny, cause the major Zelda console game that came before, aka Twilight Princess was supposed to have Sheik but they didn't even bother continuing with her for the next game. They choose Impa instead.

Who's to say that won't happen in Smash?

The Smash Bros roster is being decided NOW.

On top of that, each Smash game tends to be mostly based off of the previous gen. Of which Skyward Sword was the definitive Zelda Wii game.

Skyward Sword Link and Zelda will be in, with Ghirahim.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ghirahim and Impa will have their rematch in Skyloft. Hopefully the Sealed Temple will also be a stage. Groose, the Groosenator and the Imprisonned would make nice cameos on that stage. As well as old Impa.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Smash Bros roster is being decided NOW.

On top of that, each Smash game tends to be mostly based off of the previous gen. Of which Skyward Sword was the definitive Zelda Wii game.

Skyward Sword Link and Zelda will be in, with Ghirahim.
Oh, I didn't know you were Sakurai-sama! =O

In SSB64, Link totally had his A Link to the Past look, yes? Refresh my memory, if you please.

Of course that Ghirahim will be in! Since you are basing the Zelda representation on Skyward Sword, Ganon is surely old news, so he will be replaced by a new villain, am I certain?

/sarcasm

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Guys, ignore whatever Diddy Kong says about Sheik or Impa
Technically you are correct. General consensus on retro is it must be at least 20/25 years old... which means... according to the former figure, the 90's are retro! Seriously guys, could you imagine 90's retro nights at school dances=??? It's like all of us here are now freaking ancient!!! :urg:

Anyways, with the announcement of Generation VI getting its' first game this year, I think the "which new Pokémon will be playable?" discussion is officially blown up. Sure, Ghirahim Genesect and espcially Zoroark are still in the mix, but man, there's gonna be all kinds of even more new Pokémon considered. Seeing as how I'm only slightly fond of those 2 Pokémon, I hope we get some better and more creative options (like what we got with Mewtwo and Lucario in Melee and Brawl respectfully).

Also, let us hope this doesn't effect Mewtwo's chances at returning from his absence negatively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom