• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
they changed it before ninja impa's appearance

nimpa (as i have now dubbed her) has only appeared in one more game then shiek, and there first appearance shiek had a bigger role

nimpa is too impa as shiek is to zelda,
Yes but does that mean it's less meaningful? For all we know, the next game could have Impa with the Triforce of Power, but Ganondorf kills her and takes it from her?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Yes but does that mean it's less meaningful? For all we know, the next game could have Impa with the Triforce of Power, but Ganondorf kills her and takes it from her?
and the game could not have impa at all, it could have shiek (who also appeared in the scriblenauts game for wii-u)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thank you ladies and gentle-smash brothahs for your lovely and kind words. With that, I leave you with this: which came first, the chicken or the egg=???

The answer you ask=??? Something unexpected came first... THE CHICK!!!! :psycho: (sorry, I saw chicken, and I had to do it! XD)
A myriad of things, most of which have to do with Sakurai's own feelings on how a character will be perceived. Gameplay plays a role, series play a role, popularity plays a role, coherence plays a role, and Sakurai's own imagination play a role. Of course these are all too ambiguous for us to accurately determine which characters fall into this category or not, but it is something to work off.
Also, how the roster plays off each other, and how the roster "balances itself" out. What I mean by that is, why would Sakurai want all fast swordsmen when he can have characters with swords, magical powers, punching power, kicking power, or other strange abilities as well=???

Also, why would Sakurai want only heavy, extremely strong, slow characters with crappy recoveries when he can have fast characters light characters, weak and fast characters with great recoveries, as well as other random combinations, like heavy, weak, slow characters with incredible recoveries=???

Smash bros, more than any other fighting game franchise, is blessed with incredible character diversity, which helps make each character and each smash game feel more and more unique.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I know it's considered fashionable to hate on first gens because of how overrated they and the gen itself often are, but even I think that's going too far.
It's not out of nostalgia spite, it's because Blastoise is a truly painfully average water type.

It's not the super powerful behemoth that everyone claims it is.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
It's not out of nostalgia spite, it's because Blastoise is a truly painfully average water type.

It's not the super powerful behemoth that everyone claims it is.
if I remember correctly swampert is the best water starter

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also, how the roster plays off each other, and how the roster "balances itself" out. What I mean by that is, why would Sakurai want all fast swordsmen when he can have characters with swords, magical powers, punching power, kicking power, or other strange abilities as well=???

Also, why would Sakurai want only heavy, extremely strong, slow characters with crappy recoveries when he can have fast characters light characters, weak and fast characters with great recoveries, as well as other random combinations, like heavy, weak, slow characters with incredible recoveries=???

Smash bros, more than any other fighting game franchise, is blessed with incredible character diversity, which helps make each character and each smash game feel more and more unique.
That is what I meant by coherence. I guess the better way to put it is coherence in diversity.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
and the game could not have impa at all, it could have shiek (who also appeared in the scriblenauts game for wii-u)
Scibblenauts is not Zelda.

And Sheik would probably not even work in a Zelda game, due to spoiling the plot and all. Besides, how can Zelda become Sheik without being trained by a Sheikah? The Sheikah then also need to return, and that signifies a return of who? :awesome:

Seriously though, Sheik was a one time thing. And will stay a one time thing. There's reasons to why she was scrapped out of Twilight Princess, and Impa was chosen over her in Skyward Sword (they could've easily made Zelda Sheik instead while walking around on the Surface if they wanted, but they didn't).

I refuse to think otherwise that Blastoise isn't awesome. So, Blastoise stays awesome. Case closed.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of Blastoise. Just going around and being a Blastoise while chilling at the beach. *****es be mirin his buff *** shape, but he choses to look awesome instead.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, John's return is also gloriously felt in this thread. :reverse:

Missed ya though bro.
1. I never left. I just didn't come to SmashBoards! :awesome:
2. Actually, I take that back. Accounting homework and stuides made me leave. I hate Accounting. Don't ask me why I took a major that heavily involves it.
3. A vacation kidnapped me. I always wanted to go to Seattle again. They got some mad tasty drinks, specifically coffee!!! (and I don't even like most coffee)
4. FERTBEEERRRLLLL!!! FORTY NIH-NIH-NERS still has the key to my soul.
5. Christmas. You all are jealous of my Batman Pajama bottoms I got, especially when I top it with my suit top and tie and I pull it off LIKE A REAL MAN!!! :awesome: :cool: :shades:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Welllll, they ain't Blastoise pajamas just yet, but you're getting there. ;)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That is what I meant by coherence. I guess the better way to put it is coherence in diversity.
I know, I just like expanding other peoples' thoughts on the matter, and adding in a few tastes of my own views. ;) If you look at it how I painted it, it's not hard to tell at all why Sakurai would do that, especially with all these unique and awesome characters already in smash, and all these unique and awesome characters that are relevant on the outside looking in.
My lord, how much pokemon characters can you shove into an entire thread?
We got the next 2 Pokémon versions, with new Pokémon and a new generation for the 3DS announced yesterday (it comes out later this year; it looks like it comes out internationally at the same time; YEAH TO EQUALITY!!!), :grin: so that's why we're all over Pokémon today as well as yesterday. ;)

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Scibblenauts is not Zelda.

And Sheik would probably not even work in a Zelda game, due to spoiling the plot and all. Besides, how can Zelda become Sheik without being trained by a Sheikah? The Sheikah then also need to return, and that signifies a return of who? :awesome:

Seriously though, Sheik was a one time thing. And will stay a one time thing. There's reasons to why she was scrapped out of Twilight Princess, and Impa was chosen over her in Skyward Sword (they could've easily made Zelda Sheik instead while walking around on the Surface if they wanted, but they didn't).
Just because she is ninja like doesn't mean she was trained by a ninja, could be a master thief, could be an acrobat, maybe she trained her self when she went on adventures as a kid, they can obviously have shiek as more then an ninja

and yes scribblenauts is not a zelda game but a 3rd party game, which they considered her an important character to be in over impa (a goron got in over impa)

it would also be plot spoiling to have link find a part of the triforce, because we know who will get the other two,

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just because she is ninja like doesn't mean she was trained by a ninja, could be a master thief, could be an acrobat, maybe she trained her self when she went on adventures as a kid, they can obviously have shiek as more then an ninja

and yes scribblenauts is not a zelda game but a 3rd party game, which they considered her an important character to be in over impa (a goron got in over impa)

it would also be plot spoiling to have link find a part of the triforce, because we know who will get the other two,
Played Skyward Sword?
Link gets the ENTIRE Triforce. Yup, and he ****s *****es up with it.

The whole purpose of Sheik was being a Sheikah. Why else would she call herself Sheik then? She's dependant on the Sheikah race to return, much like King Zora needs the Zora race.

I got a Blastoise pencil circa 1997 that I've never sharpened that I got from my grandmother for my Christmas when I was 6. COME AT ME BRO!!! :grin:
I admit defeat. :embarrass: Though, you better not sharp it. Ever! :mad:

Meanwhile, here's some more Blastoise:

You know, I'm gonna make a Blastoise moveset probably. Because **** it.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Thank you ladies and gentle-smash brothahs for your lovely and kind words. With that, I leave you with this: which came first, the chicken or the egg=???

The answer you ask=??? Something unexpected came first... THE CHICK!!!! :psycho: (sorry, I saw chicken, and I had to do it! XD)

Its simple 2 things.

1. Hes lazy..

2.He doesnt care its just another smash game to him.

OWW OWHHH YH YH AND MY FAVIROTE I ALMOST FORGOT!!!

(time constraints.)

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai: *adds in Ganondorf as a clone* (laughs)

Best reason ever to include a character: We want to use his music! Ok, so let's make Dr.Mario! Pills are quit different from fire balls ya know?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just how many new Pokemon will be in X and Y though?

And most importantly, will it finally have a fire lion?

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
because zelda can't study her family history and just take the shiek name

just because superman was from krypton means his name is kryptonman

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Its simple 2 things.

1. Hes lazy..
2.He doesnt care its just another smash game to him.
OWW OWHHH YH YH AND MY FAVIROTE I ALMOST FORGOT!!!
(time constraints.)
Every time I hear this brought up, I'm like "idiots.;" not you, because I know you're making a parody of such idiots. Here's my usual responses to these folks:
1. How could Sakurai, a man who is Japanese, lives in Japan, not work a ton of hours=??? A vast amount of people in Japan work an insane amount of hours that are quite frankly mentally unhealthy, as well as physically draining. And how could Sakurai be lazy if he worked 120 hours a week (20 hours a day for 6 days a week) on Melee.
2. Sakurai quit Nintendo in 2003 because he didn't want to make more sequels just to add more stuff.
3. Time constraints are set by Sakurai, but by Nintendo (although they can be fairly elastic), who, like all companies in all industries, have time limits on the value of products. For instance, a Super Nintendo game in development since 1995 to now would have minimal value as an asset, as it would, at best, be a Virtual Console game on sale for $15.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
My man, I know no fear. I'll handle him with MY most favorite lazy character rehash:

Even though it's Ganondorf...

I think in order to learn something from someone, the actual person has to be alive. Hench: Impa will return if Sheik ever returns.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My response to Sakurai adding Dr. Mario so he could add the Dr. Mario music:
Dear my good best buddy pal partner who isn't my partner Masahiro Sakurai:
It is my personal pleasure for you to finally read my words, even though I am, in fact, a noble ruler, and probably some sort of legendary deity.
I hope you take my concerns to heart, and consider them with your marvelous please of mind.
I pray that, you please add the Omega Ridley boss battle theme so you'll be forced to make Ridley a playable character.
Thank your for your considerations and accommodations.
Yours Truly,
-A Friend First and Smasher Second-,
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1
Plus 100 (give or take up to a few dozen) new Pokémon on top of that.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
My man, I know no fear. I'll handle him with MY most favorite lazy character rehash:

Even though it's Ganondorf...

I think in order to learn something from someone, the actual person has to be alive. Hench: Impa will return if Sheik ever returns.
just because you take the code name shiek does not mean you have to be trained by a shieken, zelda could take the name as honor to the original shiek, and was trained by a diffrent person

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why thank you for my compliments my good sir. *tips cap* Hopefully I don't have too good of manners like I normally do.

Also, I just realized something: We'll have roughly 750 Pokémon by the end of the year. That means, we're only 2 or 3 generations away from 1,000, which is roughly 6-12 years away.

My God, by Smash 6 (since one of these 2 forthcoming games is inevitably something that may be considered Smash 5), we may have over 1,000 of those dang things to choose from in that time!!!! :psycho: THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
just because you take the code name shiek does not mean you have to be trained by a shieken, zelda could take the name as honor to the original shiek, and was trained by a diffrent person
OmGGG..!! All this talk about a homo-hobo-transforming ninja..I seriously cant beilieve..

Wait..you lot just wanna prove who is right Right? and not that you want said homo-hobo transformer in Sm4sh.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could be. Then again, we fans would know by the first instance that Sheik would be Zelda. So I don't think they'll do it.

And yes, John is good at being funny.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Why thank you for my compliments my good sir. *tips cap*

Also, I just realized something: We'll have roughly 750 Pokémon by the end of the year. That means, we're only 2 or 3 generations away from 1,000, which is roughly 6-12 years away.

My God, by Smash 6 (since one of these 2 forthcoming games is inevitably something that may be considered Smash 5), we may have over 1,000 of those dang things to choose from!!!! :psycho:
It will be the director of smash 5 who will have to choose (the sucker) :troll:

@diddykong, and when we play a mario platformer we will know that peach gets captured by someone, or when we play pokemon that we will beat 8 gyms then become the champ, your point?

not to mention they're could be people playing zelda for the first time and or people who haven't played Oot

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And yes, John is good at being funny.
I'm not being funny, I'm being John.
It will be the director of smash 5 who will have to choose (the sucker) :troll:
One of these 2 games (Smash 3DS or Smash WiiU) is Smash 5, so the director of Smash 5 is confirmed as MASAHIRO SAKURAI!!!! :awesome:

As for the director of Smash 6, I assume Sakurai will have thought of some new things after a long rest from Smash, like what he's done between Melee and Brawl, and Brawl and Smash WiiU+Smash 3DS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They'll just force to make Sakurai do it again, and after some suicide attempts, he'll fill the roster with a lot of troll additions.

For once, he'll replace Fox with his cat. And his cat can insta Wave Shine while pressing Down B.

Tripping will also make a glorious return. As well as Dr.Mario. Luigi will be cut though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thor-chu!

Use two Thunder Stones on Raichu, and equip him with a hammer-like item. :awesome:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Wait..can we wait for Smash4 before we talk about Smash 5&6 (0_+)

I honestly think we wont see a Sma5h for another 10 years after 2014.

useewaididthere? ''Sma5h'' u like it (-_-)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jynx's evolution needs some booty botox though. Lots of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom