• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't have a Blastoise fetish. I have an awesome fetish. Just like everything awesome.

Pinsir needs an evolution yes. And I want Donphan to have one as well. Elephants need to be GIANT!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I don't have a Blastoise fetish. I have an awesome fetish. Just like everything awesome.

Pinsir needs an evolution yes. And I want Donphan to have one as well. Elephants need to be GIANT!
Err..a little off-topic but im getting a 3DS Soon but im tight for cash..as in i dont have the extra £ for XL am i missing out? is XL the way to go? way betterr or not worth it?

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd take the extra cash.
And buy some good London herb/

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Err..a little off-topic but im getting a 3DS Soon but im tight for cash..as in i dont have the extra £ for XL am i missing out? is XL the way to go? way betterr or not worth it?

3DS XL = 3DS with big screen. nothing more, nothing less, it's just that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm SOOO gonna shoot the crap out of Sheik with bazookas if I ever get my hands on Scibblenauts Wii U though. :reverse:

Better yet, I'll make her face Bowser. And this time: YOU CAN'T CHAINGRAB *****! Neither can you chaingrab Ganon.

This might be fun after all. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always liked Kilik.

Other than that, no choices. Preverably I'd wanna see no 3rd party characters outside of Banjo-Kazooie. But yeah, I'm a dreamer. :rolleyes:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They'll just force to make Sakurai do it again, and after some suicide attempts, he'll fill the roster with a lot of troll additions.

For once, he'll replace Fox with his cat. And his cat can insta Wave Shine while pressing Down B.

Tripping will also make a glorious return. As well as Dr.Mario. Luigi will be cut though.
Nah, Sakurai will quit his current job at Nintendo, join Sony, make Sony Battle Brothers (replacing PlayStation All-Stars Boring Rofl Waffle), quit Sony after a few sequels, join Microsoft, make Microsoft Mega Stars Mighty Battle (and in a troll move, not have Master Chief or any Rare characters playable), quit them after a few unnecessary sequels, and then he'll join EA Sports, and make "EA Sports EA Athletes Bros of Battle," featuring the best athletes of every sport, including championship athletes in darts, bowling, sumo wrestling, jumping rope, pool, arm grappling, ice licking, pooping, and speed butts scratching! :awesome:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
What a *****. ( Just kidding )

I really think namco is going to pull off one of those marketing tactics and add a relatively unknown character from one of their games into smash. Remember pit? His game was relatively unknown in nintendo's history, and now look at him now. Kid icarius: Uprising.
So Namco is probably going to use that same tactic.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I honestly think we wont see a Sma5h for another 10 years after 2014.

useewaididthere? ''Sma5h'' u like it (-_-)
Smash 5 is either going to be one of these 2 forthcoming games (Smash 3DS or Smash WiiU).
3DS XL = 3DS with big screen. nothing more, nothing less, it's just that.
Bigger buttons, too. Maybe bigger memory, but I can't remember memory. Oh the irony! :laugh:
But really, back on topic for me.

Now, just a question, what namco character do you think would be added?
If we get a Namco Bandai character, it's no question going to be Pac-Man. He's by far the most well-known Namco character, as well as an international household name, who is rivaled (in terms of being a household name) only by the likes of the Mario's, Luigi's, Donkey Kong's, and Sonic's of gaming. Pac-Man would be a hand and glove fit for smash bros.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Really? im looking at comparison vids and loads of people saying the XL is more comfortble to hold and easier to press buttons also looks more rich in colour like the ''Lite'' did to the ''Phat''

well, if you want to have a bigger screen, it's obvious that the console itself will be bigger...

@Johnknight1: You really have a good sense of humor! Your posts have me laugh almost always. :rotfl:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Remember pit? His game was relatively unknown in nintendo's history, and now look at him now. Kid icarius: Uprising.
I remember Pit. I was one of three people on the planet that was always passionate for Kid Icarus, and when it was finally brought back into the lime light I was stoked.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I only knew Pitty Pat (calling him that because Hades is funny) first via his trophy in Melee. Like most Nintendo related stuff, I only knew him thanks to Melee.

Heck, you could say that I became a Nintendo fan thanks to Melee, as I didn't even know that Mario and Pokémon were both Nintendo franchises (no kidding).

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Oh look, I actualy got quoted. Thanks for the attention. :)

But really, I played kid icarius: Of myths and monsters for the game boy when it first came out. So I knew him, but alot of people did not know who he is. :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I knew of Pit cause of the Melee trophy as well. But soon when Brawl was said to be in development, people here immediately started suggesting him a lot. As well as Meta Knight. I remember most people wanting them in the most.

After the Impa bashings y'all couldn't RESIST it taking on my Blastoise now as well? Got something for y'all:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh look, I actualy got quoted. Thanks for the attention. :)

But really, I played kid icarius: Of myths and monsters for the game boy when it first came out. So I knew him, but alot of people did not know who he is. :p
I think Kid Icarus got a lot of popularity from Uprising. Hades is my favorite character alongside Dark Pit, Viridi, Pandora, Pyrrhon and of course, Pit and Palutena. But, really, every Kid Icarus character in Uprising is just funny and memorable.

lol Venustoise... I remember that hilarious moment of my childhood. =D

@Diddy Kong: stop, you don't need to shove in our faces more Blastoise pictures.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Venustoise? I told mah Blastoise not to... Aww whatever, this image probably says enough:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Damn..that Ghastly is freaky as ****! Ghastly for Sm4sh! Lolozomfg.

Freaky as ****? Don't you mean fun incarnate? Best Gastly ever, and perhaps the reason he's still one of my favorite Pokémon (as if my current sig isn't proof of it).

I just remember all the crazy in-game rumors that sprung from it.
the only rumor I remember was the Mew truck rumor... nothing else.

the Pokémon craze was more than 10 years ago... I feel old. O.O

@Diddy Kong: for the 2nd time... stop. This isn't 4chan. Take your Rule 34 out of this thread. This is a place for civilized people.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ever since John came back it's starting to feel a lot like the old thread in here. :p:rolleyes:;)

I really think namco is going to pull off one of those marketing tactics and add a relatively unknown character from one of their games into smash. Remember pit? His game was relatively unknown in nintendo's history, and now look at him now. Kid icarius: Uprising.
So Namco is probably going to use that same tactic.
I don't think a priority for Namco would be to use another company's game to promote their product. (Well, other than the promotion whatever character included would generate anyway). It's not like they have a definitive say on the roster anyway. It would totally be unsurprising if Sakurai turned down some obscure, forgotten, or unknown Namco character (not that it's likely Namco would request such a character) and instead suggested or requested a different character, or simply didn't include a Namco character, if a consensus was unable to be reached.

Plus Pit's addition wasn't a marketing tactic, that was just a side-effect of inclusion.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Freaky as ****? Don't you mean fun incarnate? Best Gastly ever, and perhaps the reason he's still one of my favorite Pokémon (as if my current sig isn't proof of it).

the only rumor I remember was the Mew truck rumor... nothing else.

the Pokémon craze was more than 10 years ago... I feel old. O.O

@Diddy Kong: for the 2nd time... stop. This isn't 4chan.
The whole ghastly family is EPIC its proberly the most loved poke family Hanuter still like top 10 best looking pokes.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ever since John came back it's starting to feel a lot like the old thread in here. :p:rolleyes:;)
Because I stopped the Impa debates, because I added humor, because I brought up the Blastoise stuff, because I added my personal John-isms, because I wrote a hypothetical Ridley love letter to Sakurai, because I made fun of butt scratching as a sport, or because long posts like you and I post are finally now accepted as normal on this thread=??? :bee:
I was thinking klonoa, but pac-mac is a possability.
1. Pac-Man is arguably the most well-known video game character.
2. What is a Klonoa, and could it destroy my liver if I digest it=???

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Klonoa I believe is the name of a character from Dissgeai 4. I know because I bought that game for my girlfriend, and it came with a little figurine of a character who's name was that (or so I think; and trust me, I think when I think about thinking because I think).

Also, that Klonoa looks like it could destroy my liver, or at least give me some serious problems for weeks. It'd be like chapotle week all over again! :laugh:

@ Diddy
You got mad saved by the new regime from ban points dawg bro! :cool:
@Johnknight1: You really have a good sense of humor! Your posts have me laugh almost always. :rotfl:
I'm not funny, I'm serious. Always remember children, even if you aren't children, that I don't believe in an eye for an eye. I believe in an eye for two eyes. That's how I built up my awesome eye collection! :awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Smash Bros roster is being decided NOW.

On top of that, each Smash game tends to be mostly based off of the previous gen. Of which Skyward Sword was the definitive Zelda Wii game.

Skyward Sword Link and Zelda will be in, with Ghirahim.
I can see SSB4's Link being influenced by Skyward sword. So it's safe to assume that we can say good-bye to the gale boomerang. I think it would be kind of cool if Link fired off a Skyward Strike when he uses his up special. It could function like R.O.B's Lasers and Wario's Wafts, meaning it could increase when left alone.

* P.S I liked Skyward Sword's story, but the hand-holding was terrible. If the motion control integration was dialed between this and TP it would be the definitive Zelda game. Real Talk.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would like Takamaru and Mysterious Murasame Castle to be the spiritual successor to Pit and Kid Icarus in Super Smash Bros. I do feel as though it would be worthy of such an honor.
[...]
I do see him as the "next Pit", despite not knowing much about him. One song from his game appeared in Brawl and he appeared as a sticker as well.

A series reboot could help increase his popularity. And seeing that he already cameo'd in Samurai Warriors 3 and Nintendo Land, it's a possibility.

Also, isn't your avatar Takamaru himself? looks like him at least.

@Johnknight1: :rotfl:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy Kong: for the 2nd time... stop. This isn't 4chan. Take your Rule 34 out of this thread. This is a place for civilized people.
Jeez Diddy, this is a child friendly area! Now take that **** away before I ***** your *** with a ****!
Whoa whoa whoa guys what's wrong with Venusaur using his Earthquake attack with Blastoise standing behind him doing Hydro Pump? Can't y'all look at a picture without dirty thinking? :(

Ok I'll stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom