• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All this talk about first-party and second-party got me thinking about which first-party newcomers we might see in SSB4. I came up with a neat little way to categorize possible newcomers and group them in pairs. Most of them are popular choices but I threw in some interesting surprises for a good measure. :awesome:

Villain Newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley

Female Newcomers
3. Dixie Kong
4. Palutena

Sidekick Newcomers
5. Toad
6. Waddle Dee

Casual Newcomers
7. Mii
8. Villager

New Flavors of the Month
9. Chrom
10. Zoroark

Retro Newcomers
11. Balloon Fighter
12. Hunting Dog

Revived Newcomers
13. Little Mac
14. Takamaru

Modern Newcomers
15. Mallo
16. Shulk

Third-Party Newcomers
17. Mega Man
18. Pac-Man

10 new series, 8 from Nintendo and 2 from third-party companies? Yeah, no, it's probably not going to happen. :embarrass: It's nice to dream though... ;)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
*Complains about people over-speculating his Tweets
*Tweets about mysterious figures directly related to the Smash series soon after

Is Sakurai trolling us?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well that would explain a lot.

There was literally someone there going on about how K. Rool wouldn't get in because "he makes Bowser look like Kim Kardashian." Yeah, he literally said how K. Rool can't get in because he's too ugly.
Kim K ain't even all that cute lol but whatever

They better not add Daisy, that will be the dumbest thing ever
Fixed

Can't be talking **** about my dude Pac-Man, nope I shall not allow that ****

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think what Sakurai wants to do is to play games and develop SSB4 and tweet posts in peace without getting the fans over-speculating themselves into disappointment.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
It's sad how far some people take it. We shouldn't over analyze any of it because thats just his way of speaking with the people. everyone, not just us smash fans

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you remember when Sakurai tweeted a picture of his Virtual Console library and it had Super Mario RPG? Some people said that this meant Sakurai was interested in Geno and he's playing the game to research Geno's moveset. For all we know, he could be looking for new moveset ideas for Mario, Peach, and Bowser instead. :rolleyes:

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Nobody seemed to pay attention to all his other games in the collection?
sad.
the new moveset ideas is very likely what he was going for.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't even remember what other games in his Virtual Console library, probably because the only reason I was aware of the existence of said library was because it was brought up by Geno fans.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Did Sakurai seriously just troll his Twitter followers after going on about how he does not enjoy his posts being misconstrued?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The idea is ownership and rights. Nintendo owns Pokemon. Nintendo does not own Golden Sun. Or at least, not enough of it. Nintendo just publishes it. However, I did some research on the matter. Every source I came up with for Pokemon said Nintendo wholly owns the series. With Golden Sun, it's a little tricky. Nintendo has ownership as they publish it, however, Camelot is the developer. I'm not sure how all the inner workings work, but Camelot would have a lot more say in the matter. The two companies are second party in relation to Nintendo, however, the deal are much different. Camelot is likely in a contract with Nintendo. If their relationship expires (either by the end of the contract or Camelot just leaves) Camelot walks away. If Gsme Freak leave, Nintendo still owns most of Pokemon and can buy out the rest. Because they own 66%, they can have someone else make the games. There is a huge functional difference.

The reason I say this is not because it seems cool. It's a pattern. Nintendo added in many first party titles over second party titles.
You're right, Nintendo probably does own more of Pokemon than it does Golden Sun, or other 2nd party IPs. However, so far there is not specific evidence that Sakurai will exclude them on that basis. Just because they haven't been included yet, (other than Pokemon) doesn't mean the pattern you've interpreted is an actual rule Sakurai adheres by. The series added so far have out-prioritized the series not added, whether they be first or second party. It's not like there was a character from an unrepresented series more deserving to get in than the series added.

Now, I'm not denying that it would be harder to include 2nd-parties, but Sakurai has also previously shown with both Pokemon and 3rd-parties, that he is willing to make the effort needed to procure a character he believes it is warranted, and the character merits inclusion. As he previously stated, at the time of Brawl he didn't believe any other series (other than the ones he mentioned) warranted inclusion. The fact is Sakurai has already gone through legal negotiations with Camelot, Treasure, TOSE, and Noise (among others) to have their characters included in Smash in some regard, he could very possibly do it again. There has been no proof so far that Sakurai is unwilling to include characters not wholly owned by Nintendo. He even included characters not even partially owned by Nintendo. Smash's roster isn't, nor ever was, solely dedicated to first-party games.

If you're trying to say that (for example) if Camelot split from Nintendo, for whatever reason, Isaac and GS would be yanked from future Smashs, then you're probably right. Chances are Camelot would retain the GS IP while the battle for Pokemon would be epic and bloody but would most likely result in Nintendo keeping the IP. If Sakurai didn't want to include characters that didn't have safe, sure futures in Smash, he wouldn't have included third-parties. Nintendo has no part in the decisions of Sega, Konami, or any possible third-party company in Smash, yet Sakurai made the effort necessary to include a character for, as far as he knew, only one specific game in the series. The third parties could choose to abandon Nintendo's platforms forever if they so desired, yet their characters were included among first-parties. Plus third-parties would have even more say over their characters than second-parties, yet Sakurai accommodated all their wishes.

If the third-party barrier has been broken, it should pretty much show that legal ownership and creative control don't effect Sakurai's decisions much if he believes the character merits inclusion. And if he thinks third-parties do, there is really no reason why he wouldn't think second-parties could. Like I said, the reason more second-party series haven't been playable yet is because they haven't been as big, as prominent, or as important as the series included previously, not because Nintendo isn't the sole owner.

Golden Sun was just as big as Pikmin. The Golden Sun games outsold Pikmin by a hair and were very popular games. As Chrono mentioned, it's a reason we got a third game. There were also only 4 Nintendo series in Brawl, so Golden Sun would have not been out of the question. However, the only thing from the games was an assist trophy and a song. Pikmin got a lot more for being a series that was far and beyond comparable to Golden Sun.
Golden Sun might've been just as big as Pikmin in NA, but in Japan and in general it was not. I'm not denying Golden Sun was popular, and that was why we got a third game, but in relation to Pikmin it just fell short. Pikmin outsold GS by roughly 100k, and in Japan (where popularity matters far more, especially back in Melee and Brawl times) the Pikmin sequel sold almost double the Golden Sun sequel (The Lost Age). Plus the fact that Olimar was in general more popular and more requested than Isaac (again, especially in Japan), and the fact that notable series created by Miyamoto do seem to be treated specially. Now Isaac could've hypothetically been next on deck, new-series-wise, but his series, while popular, and critically adored at that point, was still not as big as Pikmin.

There were six new playable series added to Brawl, and those with enough to really work with (all but ROB) received a stage, trophies, stickers, and music, as well as many other distinctions in the game, where the roster was divided up by series. Sure there could've been more series added, but adding a new playable series is a lot more work content-wise than adding another rep from an existing series (and is most likely why the entire Forbidden 7 - plus perhaps TL, Jiggs, and Wolf - were from already existing series). It was still double the amount of new series Melee got.

Pikmin got a lot of content because it was the standard of playable series to receive a stage, trophies, stickers, and music. Any other series that was hypothetically made playable would've also received all these - other than perhaps a series with very very little to work with.

The truth is in the results. Nintendo owns all the series that got in. Pokemon is still controlled by Nintendo and most sources say that it is owned by Nintendo (see below). The reason Sakurai ignoring these series on the DOJO is important is because during that time there were tons of second party series coming out. All of them were added as assist trophies, not characters. Golden Sun is an important case because it was bigger than Nintendo's own first party series. That same series got more music, a stage and a whole character. When I mentioned the trophies for Magical Starsign, I mean they get more of a focus. I'm waiting for my theory to be proven wrong, though I doubt it will. If you don't see a second party character in the next one, then I'd say it's true.
Yeah, again, Nintendo owns the majority of Pokemon, not all of it. They don't have complete creative control, they don't even seem to have control of what/how it's implemented in Smash. To include Pokemon, there still needs to be legal negotiations with both Nintendo and Game Freak, like the procedure would be for other 2nd-parties. Other than that (and the third parties), yes, Nintendo does have complete control of all the series so far included in Smash, though, and I hate to sound like a broken record, with the exception of retro series, they have all been bigger than any other 2nd-party series. Golden Sun and Pikmin were close, but GS was never bigger than any already-included series, at the times of inclusion. I still don't see what the Magical Starsign trophies have to do with anything, they didn't get any more trophies than some 2nd party IPs.

All in all, who knows, there is a chance you could be right, but as there has been no precedent yet in which a 2nd party IP clearly is omitted for lesser 1st-parties, right now, as you admit, it is just a theory based of an interpreted pattern, with no proof as of yet. Again, all I'm saying is that we don't know yet, the situation in question hasn't arisen yet, but when/if a 2nd party gets passed up that was without a doubt larger than other series added (at the time of inclusion), I will concede. Before that, we shouldn't assume things that haven't been proven.

You can respond if you want, but it pretty much comes down to wait-and-see, so I don't have much more to add.

Newcomer Choices For SSB4 (W/ Reasons)

-Micaiah (diversifies the Fire Emblem roster, gives us a female rep, she is recent and important, popular choice)

-Isa (return of Sin & Punishment, new main character, new style the gun-sword, series needs a rep)

-Matthew (new Golden Sun main character, new sword style, series needs a rep)

-Andy (been in 3 Advance Wars games, one of them on the DS so he is recent, new style the wrenches, series needs a rep)

-Little Mac (return of Punchout, legendary character, he needs to be in, new style the boxer)

-Shulk (Xenoblade is the big new IP from Nintendo this past gen, very popular game, he is the main character, new sword style)

-Aeron (Pandora's Tower is a pretty big new IP on the Wii, popular game, he is the main character, new style various weapons)

-2nd Gen Trainer Gold (return of 2nd Gen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, popular Pokemon Gen, diversifies the Gens repped)

-Ghirahim (Skyward Sword villain rep, adds another villain to the Zelda franchise, popular, new sword/magic style, plays a big role in the game)

-Ridley (Samus's main rival, plays a big role in both Prime 3 and Other M, new style giant dragon creature, popular, can be resized using Other M version)

-Zoroark (5th Gen is the new Pokemon Gen, it needs a rep, he is popular, he is the Mewtwo/Lucario choice)

-Palutena or Magnus (return of Kid Icarus, both are pretty important to the new game, new sword style vs new mage style, Sakurai made the game)

-Chrom (Fire Emblem made it to 3DS, he is the main character, new semi-heavy sword user (can replace Ike))

-Captain Syrup (has history with Wario Land games, is recent in Shake It on Wii, new style pirate fighting, and a new villain/female rep)

-Mii (a very big rep for the Wii itself, still on 3DS and Wii U, can pull moves from the Wii ____ series games, Mario Party 8, and Nintendo Land)

-Krystal (still in Star Fox Command, popular choice from series, the female rep from the Star Fox series, new style staff plus blaster rifle)

-Ray Mk3 (Custom Robo was on DS, pretty popular series, new style the mech robot)

-Bowser Jr (new Mario villain rep, different from his dad, popular choice, the Wii/DS gen was his breakout moment, new style from NSMB/Galaxy games)

-Takamaru (good retro choice, franchise returned in Nintendo Land, new style the samurai)

-Jack the Sheriff (good old school retro choice, new style the sheriff with gun and lasso)

-Mike Jones (good retro choice, region exclusive character outside of Japan for once, new style bat and yoyo)

-Mega-Man (popular 3rd party choice, history with Nintendo, big on Wii and DS, new style buster cannon and copying abilities)

-Simon or Trevor Belmont (popular 3rd party choice, history with Nintendo, series was big on DS, new style the whip)

-Travis Touchdown (popular NEW 3rd party choice, big 3rd party games on Wii, creator wants him in, new style beam katana and wrestling moves)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Some good choices, some questionable choices (Micaiah, Sheriff, Travis). It kinda sucks knowing that some of the good choices are second-party. I have been noticing that all the Nintendo characters that are playable in Smash games are first-party with the exception of Pokemon (at least Nintendo owns like 66% of the IP). But overall, decent wishlist.

:phone:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
-Micaiah (diversifies the Fire Emblem roster, gives us a female rep, she is recent and important, popular choice)

-Isa (return of Sin & Punishment, new main character, new style the gun-sword, series needs a rep)

-Matthew (new Golden Sun main character, new sword style, series needs a rep)

-Andy (been in 3 Advance Wars games, one of them on the DS so he is recent, new style the wrenches, series needs a rep)

-Little Mac (return of Punchout, legendary character, he needs to be in, new style the boxer)

-Shulk (Xenoblade is the big new IP from Nintendo this past gen, very popular game, he is the main character, new sword style)

-Aeron (Pandora's Tower is a pretty big new IP on the Wii, popular game, he is the main character, new style various weapons)

-2nd Gen Trainer Gold (return of 2nd Gen in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, popular Pokemon Gen, diversifies the Gens repped)

-Ghirahim (Skyward Sword villain rep, adds another villain to the Zelda franchise, popular, new sword/magic style, plays a big role in the game)

-Ridley (Samus's main rival, plays a big role in both Prime 3 and Other M, new style giant dragon creature, popular, can be resized using Other M version)

-Zoroark (5th Gen is the new Pokemon Gen, it needs a rep, he is popular, he is the Mewtwo/Lucario choice)

-Palutena or Magnus (return of Kid Icarus, both are pretty important to the new game, new sword style vs new mage style, Sakurai made the game)

-Chrom (Fire Emblem made it to 3DS, he is the main character, new semi-heavy sword user (can replace Ike))

-Captain Syrup (has history with Wario Land games, is recent in Shake It on Wii, new style pirate fighting, and a new villain/female rep)

-Mii (a very big rep for the Wii itself, still on 3DS and Wii U, can pull moves from the Wii ____ series games, Mario Party 8, and Nintendo Land)

-Krystal (still in Star Fox Command, popular choice from series, the female rep from the Star Fox series, new style staff plus blaster rifle)

-Ray Mk3 (Custom Robo was on DS, pretty popular series, new style the mech robot)

-Bowser Jr (new Mario villain rep, different from his dad, popular choice, the Wii/DS gen was his breakout moment, new style from NSMB/Galaxy games)

-Takamaru (good retro choice, franchise returned in Nintendo Land, new style the samurai)

-Jack the Sheriff (good old school retro choice, new style the sheriff with gun and lasso)

-Mike Jones (good retro choice, region exclusive character outside of Japan for once, new style bat and yoyo)

-Mega-Man (popular 3rd party choice, history with Nintendo, big on Wii and DS, new style buster cannon and copying abilities)

-Simon or Trevor Belmont (popular 3rd party choice, history with Nintendo, series was big on DS, new style the whip)

-Travis Touchdown (popular NEW 3rd party choice, big 3rd party games on Wii, creator wants him in, new style beam katana and wrestling moves)
Not bad choices, in my opinion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
A bit excessive, but the choices themselves aren't that bad overall. Just a few questionable ones, like Mike Jones, Sheriff, Michaiah, and Travis. Although, I feel that the list is a bit on the large size and lacks many characters that are more likely to get in. I suggest cutting down the list, and making a few swaps to put in the likes of K. Rool, and the re-additions of Mewtwo and Roy. Maybe swap Bowser Jr. with Toad and add in Goroh and Starfy, but that's just my opinion. ;)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Did Sakurai seriously just troll his Twitter followers after going on about how he does not enjoy his posts being misconstrued?
I just cant shake this mental image of Sakurai sitting behind his computer monitor somewhere laughing at all of us.

He probably sees us as a bunch of rabid dogs just waiting to strike at anything he posts or says.

Some good choices, some questionable choices (Micaiah, Sheriff, Travis). It kinda sucks knowing that some of the good choices are second-party. I have been noticing that all the Nintendo characters that are playable in Smash games are first-party with the exception of Pokemon (at least Nintendo owns like 66% of the IP). But overall, decent wishlist.

Cool, thanks

I hope Micaiah, Ghirahim, Isa, Matthew, and Shulk especially get in.

Not bad choices, in my opinion.
Thanks

I can only hope at least most of them get in. Especially Micaiah, Shulk, Ghirahim, Isa, and Matthew.

Fire Emblem roster should be:

-Marth
-Micaiah
-Chrom

D

Deleted member

Do not double post (or triple post).
Use the Edit button to add what you need to say.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
A bit excessive, but the choices themselves aren't that bad overall. Just a few questionable ones, like Mike Jones, Sheriff, Michaiah, and Travis. Although, I feel that the list is a bit on the large size and lacks many characters that are more likely to get in. I suggest cutting down the list, and making a few swaps to put in the likes of K. Rool, and the re-additions of Mewtwo and Roy. Maybe swap Bowser Jr. with Toad and add in Goroh and Starfy, but that's just my opinion. ;)
Yeah, it was pretty okay to me. It was just a bit disheartening to know that most of these characters are probably not getting in because they are second-party. But I made a new wishlist of newcomers featuring only first-party characters I would like to see in SSB4.

[COLLAPSE="My semi-realistic wishlist of newcomers"]All this talk about first-party and second-party got me thinking about which first-party newcomers we might see in SSB4. I came up with a neat little way to categorize possible newcomers and group them in pairs. Most of them are popular choices but I threw in some interesting surprises for a good measure. :awesome:

Villain Newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Ridley

Female Newcomers
3. Dixie Kong
4. Palutena

Sidekick Newcomers
5. Toad
6. Waddle Dee

Casual Newcomers
7. Mii
8. Villager

New Flavors of the Month
9. Chrom
10. Zoroark

Retro Newcomers
11. Balloon Fighter
12. Hunting Dog

Revived Newcomers
13. Little Mac
14. Takamaru

Modern Newcomers
15. Mallo
16. Shulk

Third-Party Newcomers
17. Mega Man
18. Pac-Man

10 new series, 8 from Nintendo and 2 from third-party companies? Yeah, no, it's probably not going to happen. :embarrass: It's nice to dream though... ;)[/COLLAPSE]

I just cant shake this mental image of Sakurai sitting behind his computer monitor somewhere laughing at all of us.

He probably sees us as a bunch of rabid dogs just waiting to strike at anything he posts or says.
LOL. That's what I probably would do if I were a video game developer/producer of an insanely popular video game. :troll:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Yeah, it was pretty okay to me. It was just a bit disheartening to know that most of these characters are probably not getting in because they are second-party. But I made a new wishlist of newcomers featuring only first-party characters I would like to see in SSB4.

[COLLAPSE="My semi-realistic wishlist of newcomers"][/COLLAPSE]
There all Good choices and Realistic! You should be happy if thats your Wishlist.

I think theres a Strong chance that atleast half the chars you mentioned will get in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There all Good choices and Realistic! You should be happy if thats your Wishlist.

I think theres a Strong chance that atleast half the chars you mentioned will get in.

Thanks! Oh, and if second-party Nintendo characters had a better chance, my top choices would be Matthew (or Isaac, whatever, I just want a Golden Sun character) and Starfy. :awesome:

If you are talking about my list, then thanks.

Smash 4 really needs to expand on franchises yet to be repped and 2nd parties. The likes of Shulk, Isa, 2nd Gen Trainer, Andy, and Matthew.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If the Nintendo Wars series got a new game or two between 2008 and 2012, I would seriously support Commanding Officer Andy for SSB4. I always liked the idea of Andy staying in the background and ordering his Infantry soldiers around like Pokemon Trainer Red does with his 1st gen Pokemon. But it's almost 2013 and SSB4 is already in development since maybe March 2012, it's probably too late... but I hope that the Nintendo Wars series does get a couple new games AFTER SSB4 comes out so this franchise might have a fighting chance to finally get a well-deserved character in SSB5.

If the Nintendo Wars series got a new game or two between 2008 and 2012, I would seriously support Commanding Officer Andy for SSB4. I always liked the idea of Andy staying in the background and ordering his Infantry soldiers around like Pokemon Trainer Red does with his 1st gen Pokemon. But it's almost 2013 and SSB4 is already in development since maybe March 2012, it's probably too late... but I hope that the Nintendo Wars series does get a couple new games AFTER SSB4 comes out so this franchise might have a fighting chance to finally get a well-deserved character in SSB5.
Advance Wars got two games on DS, one of which had Andy's universe. I think an Advance Wars characters has quite the chance. Same as Sin & Punishment, Xenoblade, Golden Sun, and Custom Robo. All of which were on the Wii or DS.

D

Deleted member

Cool, thanks

I hope Micaiah, Ghirahim, Isa, Matthew, and Shulk especially get in.

Thanks

I can only hope at least most of them get in. Especially Micaiah, Shulk, Ghirahim, Isa, and Matthew.

Fire Emblem roster should be:

-Marth
-Micaiah
-Chrom
Hmm, question.

Why do you think Micaiah is better choice than Ike? I mean aside from being a female mage? Personally I didn't find her too important in her own game, considering Ike stole the spotlight after Act III(?) (I can't remember). She also wasn't too powerful, Soren was miles better as a magic user if I recall correctly. Or are you assuming that Chrom will replace Ike, and therefore Micaiah should be added to represent FE9-10 and add variety to the roster?

EDIT: Personally I can't see an AW character getting in. Unlike FE characters, they don't actually fight. Then again, I've only played Days of Ruin.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Or are you assuming that Chrom will replace Ike, and therefore Micaiah should be added to represent FE9-10 and add variety to the roster?
Yes, that's what he's assuming. He seems to be another "patternist" to me, since he's all about "recentness" or whatever.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At this point, all Fire Emblem choices should be taken with a grain of salt. The series is clogged to the brim with so many choices that nothing is concrete. Even the "concrete" choice Chrom should be taken lightly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If anything, I find Roy the most likely as a returning Veteran other than Marth and Ike, merely due to fan support. Krom if for some reason they get four reps.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
At this point, all Fire Emblem choices should be taken with a grain of salt at this point. The series is clogged to the brim with so many choices that nothing is concrete.
Agreed, though I think we can agree the potential newcomer pool is confined to Lords.

Hmm, question.

Why do you think Micaiah is better choice than Ike? I mean aside from being a female mage? Personally I didn't find her too important in her own game, considering Ike stole the spotlight after Act III(?) (I can't remember). She also wasn't too powerful, Soren was miles better as a magic user if I recall correctly. Or are you assuming that Chrom will replace Ike, and therefore Micaiah should be added to represent FE9-10 and add variety to the roster?

EDIT: Personally I can't see an AW character getting in. Unlike FE characters, they don't actually fight. Then again, I've only played Days of Ruin.
I think Micaiah would just make a great character choice. She is recent, played a pretty big role in her game, popular, female, a new class type (which she was the first lead character to be one of), and she is still around.

Ike may have "took the spotlight" later on in the game (I haven't got that far yet) but Micaiah was still there, important to the game. And she is the lead character that STARTS OFF THE GAME. Ike comes like halfway through. Soren may be better, although he is not the same kind of mage, but he is a side character. They normally pick lead characters, which Micaiah is one. With enough training, anyone can become good as well. Some need more work than others.

I think she is the best way to diversify the roster.

I also see Advance Wars getting a rep since it is stil around. Same as Sin & Punishment (series returned), Xenoblade (big new IP), Punchout (series returned), Golden Sun (series is still around), and Custom Robo (series is still around).

D

Deleted member

At this point, all Fire Emblem choices should be taken with a grain of salt at this point. The series is clogged to the brim with so many choices that nothing is concrete.
Agreed, FE and Pokemon remain the hardest to figure out properly, it all depends a lot on whether Chrom/Zoroark make the cut or not.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just play it safe with Pokemon and Fire Emblem...Brawl roster, and return Roy and Mewtwo. It avoids mind-numbing speculation about those series particularly. :p

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, again, Nintendo owns the majority of Pokemon, not all of it. They don't have complete creative control, they don't even seem to have control of what/how it's implemented in Smash. To include Pokemon, there still needs to be legal negotiations with both Nintendo and Game Freak, like the procedure would be for other 2nd-parties. Other than that (and the third parties), yes, Nintendo does have complete control of all the series so far included in Smash, though, and I hate to sound like a broken record, with the exception of retro series, they have all been bigger than any other 2nd-party series. Golden Sun and Pikmin were close, but GS was never bigger than any already-included series, at the times of inclusion. I still don't see what the Magical Starsign trophies have to do with anything, they didn't get any more trophies than some 2nd party IPs.
Nintendo owns over 50% which is considered significant control.

The word "control" used in the definition of "subsidiary" is generally taken to include both practical and theoretical control. Thus, reference to a body which "controls the composition" of another body's board is a reference to control in principle, while reference to being able to cast more than half of the votes at a general meeting, whether legally enforceable or not, refers to theoretical power. The fact that a company has a holding of less than 50% plus one share which, because the holdings of others are widely dispersed, gives effective control is not enough to give that company 'control' for the purpose of determining whether it is a subsidiary.
Wikipedia also mentioned the Pokemon Company is a subsidiarity of Nintendo.

Sorry, but not going to respond to everything as, honestly, I don't care that much.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just play it safe with Pokemon and Fire Emblem...Brawl roster, and return Roy and Mewtwo. It avoids mind-numbing speculation about those series particularly. :p
Safe, yes, boring, hell yes. That's why taking risks are always exciting. :awesome:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pokemon at least has the benefit of being more obvious; usually those choices are related to the popular characters in the franchise. The only one so far that averts this is Ivysaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom