• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Habanero: Yeah, but that was part of game that was Japan-Only. And bombed.

And only helped Mac and Takamaru get back on the spotlight. (-l´l);

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Panel de Pon's only new release since Brawl being a watered-down port of Planet Puzzle League for DSiWare also hurt Lip a lot. That seems to be the narrative for a lot of C-list series though.

If Intelligent Systems made another Panel de Pon with the fairy-theme, I think interest in Lip would grow again.
Alot of C-list series do seem to be stuck in this rut where their future is unsure, and in some cases, the outlook appears to be bleak.

I hope Sakurai will take pity on atleast a couple of these C-list characters and put them in SSB4

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aipom: Me too. But it's slightly hard to see that happening now...
Most of the C-series are 2nd Party and they don't sell well which is why they're C-list,after all. Some don't even have much of fanbase as I've seen. (Sin & Punishment)

Also to those series which have huge fanbases though (Golden Sun), it's kinda like what Earthbound had (cult classic fanbases) except their respective companies and Nintendo haven't answered very well to fanbases' vocal outcalls. (Golden Sun 3 kept out for 5 years, anyone?)

Also I don't think Sakurai considers them very important to be included (which explains countless franchises missing their chance in Brawl just for Pikmin and Animal Crossing.)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Habanero: Yeah, but that was part of game that was Japan-Only. And bombed.

And only helped Mac and Takamaru get back on the spotlight. (-l´l);
Takamaru yes, Little Mac not so much. Punch-Out!! on the Wii was the real push for Little Mac.

Also considering how bizarre Captain Rainbow is, it's understandable why it was only released in Japan. Seriously one of the tasks you had to do was get Birdo's mysterious item (implied to be a sex toy) in order to "prove" that he is a girl. Also Tracy, a ridiculously sexualized version of Crazy Tracy from Link's Awakening, trying to "enslave" Takamaru and all men in the world, much to Takamaru's dismay.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Aipom: Me too. But it's slightly hard to see that happening now...
Most of the C-series are 2nd Party and they don't sell well which is why they're C-list,after all. Some don't even have much of fanbase as I've seen. (Sin & Punishment)

Also to those series which have huge fanbases though (Golden Sun), it's kinda like what Earthbound had (cult classic fanbases) except their respective companies and Nintendo haven't answered very well to fanbases' vocal outcalls. (Golden Sun 3 kept out for 5 years, anyone?)

Also I don't think Sakurai considers them very important to be included (which explains countless franchises missing their chance in Brawl just for Pikmin and Animal Crossing.)
I still want to see a playable Animal Crossing character (besides the Villager). I feel Pikmin and Animal Crossing are both fairly important series, but I certainly don't think these are the only ones that are important.

I hope it's not too late for some of the series to be included, the odds are just slightly less for some, greatly reduced for some others.

I wouldn't mind if less characters from the huge series got in to allow some representation from these smaller series to become playable. I just feel like it would allow the casual players of Smash to learn more about Nintendo's smaller series and the rich histories they have

D

Deleted member

I doubt Travis Touchdown will be noteworthy in support. Suda51 said the next No More Heroes games will not have Travis Touchdown as the main protagonist. The NMH games were also very niche as well.

Bayonetta has far more potential though due to develop a nutty fanbase though. However, there will be a lot of people against her due to the violent and overtly sexual nature of the character and her games.
Well, have you played Bayonetta? Game is incredible! It's a fresh mix of the DMC3 gameplay with nutty antics. Also, a lot of her support is due to people actually wanting Dante in Smash, but knowing he can't be in, so instead settle for the one that can get in, that fights in a similar manner.

I certainly don't take /v/ seriously (I never even visit 4ch). How can you respect people for whom a large minority of them find pre-pubescent girls sexually attractive?
Well, I largely don't "respect" /v/ so much as it's lately been flooded with new***s and casuals (again). /a/ on the other hand... mostly their taste in anime is what I respect. As for other boards such as /ic/, /fit/, /adv/, and the like. All have been very useful and helpful boards that have helped me in many ways, so I do hold some respect for them.

Also, the whole loli thing is mostly a very vocal minority that stems from a portion of /a/'s really hardcore, and very lonely NEET population. The rest of the users treat is as a joke for the most part. Just like the waifu ******ry, go to any waifu thread on /a/, and you'll find some really (oddly) curious individuals that actually treat it like a real relationship, but outside of the waifu threads, everyone else treats it as a joke, or as a crush on a fictional girl.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, have you played Bayonetta? Game is incredible! It's a fresh mix of the DMC3 gameplay with nutty antics. Also, a lot of her support is due to people actually wanting Dante in Smash, but knowing he can't be in, so instead settle for the one that can get in, that fights in a similar manner.
Bayonetta would be more out of place in Smash Bros. than even Snake, and that is saying something. Bayonetta is about over-the-top violence and over-the-top sexuality.

Sakurai has said that one of the reasons he does not like adding third-party characters is that its much more difficult to make them fit in with the rest of Nintendo's cast. For a character like Bayonetta, it would be very unfeasiable, barring a radical change of direction for Bayonetta in the sequel (much less violence, much less sex appeal).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Because Red isn't the Main Character in B2/W2 and you don't play as him. He only makes a cameo as a boss character in the World Tournament. If anything, his cameo as a boss makes him more suitable as a boss for Smash as well.
You don't play as N or Zoroark or any pokemon for that matter. You merely tell them what to do. The only character you play as is the trainer and why would you replace an iconic character like Red who has has been in 14 games with a generic character like Unova Trainer.

Secondly, making him a boss character would just p*** people off knowing he was playable in the previous game. People don't want to fight Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur. They want to play as them.

D

Deleted member

Bayonetta would be more out of place in Smash Bros. than even Snake, and that is saying something. Bayonetta is about over-the-top violence and over-the-top sexuality.

Sakurai has said that one of the reasons he does not like adding third-party characters is that its much more difficult to make them fit in with the rest of Nintendo's cast. For a character like Bayonetta, it would be very unfeasiable, barring a radical change of direction for Bayonetta in the sequel (much less violence, much less sex appeal).
And we have to remember that Snake has a disjointed hitbox when he got in Brawl.

This is why I feel Bayonetta will never get in, barring the franchise being sold to Nintendo and a Bayonetta 3 being made.

D

Deleted member

Well personally I don't support Bayonetta so much anyway. However I wouldn't be against her getting in. She would definitely be in an interesting pick.

Travis on the other hand... Yeah I can see him in Smash.

Also, for the record, it's only the US that makes a huge deal out of sexuality in media. Japan, and the rest of the world, generally doesn't give a ****. In Canada they had a children's cartoon show bare boobs. In Japan you see overly sexualized females in anime and manga all the time, even if it's for children, stuff that gets censored when translated.

To Love-Ru Darkness, a manga that gets released on Shounen Sunday, a magazine for teens, is always preying on the topic of sexuality, while it may not show more than nipples, the girls get stripped bare all the time, and the writer even went as far as having his main character (accidentally) spread a girl's labia through her panties after falling on her (there are other instances where he fell face first on a girl's bare crotch, and lets not forget the classic, pull down her underwear while falling).
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/72743368/

Europe and Latin America are other examples. In Spain there are condoms available for a buck at EVERY metro stop. Sexuality is actually a large part of Spanish culture, you can see prime time shows cover topics of casual sex all the time. It also doesn't need to be said that the age of consent for the rest of the world averages at 15-16, in contrast to the US's 18.

So, I hardly doubt Bayonetta's sexuality is a problem to her getting in Smash.

You don't play as N or Zoroark or any pokemon for that matter. You merely tell them what to do. The only character you play as is the trainer and why would you replace an iconic character like Red who has has been in 14 games with a generic character like Unova Trainer.

Secondly, making him a boss character would just p*** people off knowing he was playable in the previous game. People don't want to fight Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur. They want to play as them.
Because we're likely to get a new Pokemon rep somehow. You think of a better solution that is not increasing the Roster. Who do you replace? It's gotta be either Red or Lucario. Take a pic.

I personally don't care either way, as long as we don't have Pokemon take 20% of the roster.

EDIT: Funny how the board censors the word ****, but not Labia...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
At least Snake didn't try to be vulgar to the point of being a major characteristic. The worse Snake got was being unable to use guns, instead focusing on explosives like grenades and mines.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
At least Snake didn't try to be vulgar to the point of being a major characteristic. The worse Snake got was being unable to use guns, instead focusing on explosives.
Yeah. MGS also sometimes had a bit of a comical/non-serious side to it as well.

Also, lol at thinking Travis Touchdown has a realistic shot at getting in. He's got the same problems Bayonetta has, except he is much more niche than her, and he is no longer going to be the main star of his series (if it continues).

Also, lol at thinking Bayonetta's sexuality would not be an obstacle for her inclusion. She is definitely not appropriate for a game like Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

At least Snake didn't try to be vulgar to the point of being a major characteristic. The worse Snake got was being unable to use guns, instead focusing on explosives like grenades and mines.
I think Snake's guns were taken out not due to violence, but to them being difficult to properly balance. Especially since Snake's primary gun is a Tranquilizer, and he prefers non-lethal takedowns in his games. In fact, the MGS series encourages non-lethal runs and rewards the player for doing so.

Also, guns can very well be added to a game with out them being about "shooting." See Noel.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Well, the biggest differences between Link and PT are the one PT is a new character and Link isn't. Second, Link and his moveset are a staple of the Smash Bros series already. It would be the same as changing Pika's moves radically. This isn't the case with PT, it's still a new character, so you can do plenty with it still. You can very much replace Charizard and the like and not really cause too much of a big deal or not. He was already feature as a character in Smash Bros. Does he really deserve to comeback that badly, especially on such a cramped roster position?
They could have changed it during Melee days. It's worth noting that OoT came out a mere three monthes before 64, which is why we didn't see any real OoT content vs. generic Zelda content. His moveset could have been changed to accomadate stuff like the Megaton Hammer, Bombchus, and the magic spells. Instead, the first two were passed up and Link's magic was instead given to Zelda (despite the fact that Link has been seen slinging a lot more spells, primarily in LttP). To reiterate, it could have happened but didn't. And, if Charizard deserved to get in Brawl, about a decade after he made his debut into gaming, I believe he can return.

People already complain that Pokemon is over-represented, adding more slots to their roster will only increase the complaints. Especially if characters that are more unique get cut.
No. If we got 8 Mario characters (discounting spin-offs), that would be over-reprsenting because that would include pretty much every supporting character in it. If we got 8 pokemon, this wouldn't be over-representing because that's still less then 5% of the cast. You need to take it on a character by character basis instead of franchise as a whole. Just for an example, should Tingle get in because Zelda needs another rep? And, really, I haven't seen anyone on this board saying pokemon is over-represented. Generally, its StarFox that gets called out on that, and occasionally Mother (though, I'm guessing most haven't played Earthbound). Really, Pokemon deserves about 6 slots. Nintendo has very few older series that are still around from the old days. F-Zero has fallen, Mother has fallen, Star Fox has fallen. Yoshi and the DK series only recieve new games every once in a while, but none of these has enjoyed the large success of Pokemon. Better Pokemon get another roster spot then some supporting character from a dead/dying franchise or a random third party.

As far as N goes. At first glance him fighting with one of the Tao Dragons seems odd, as I always pictured it as a FS. However, it could work. N replaces Red with Zoroark and a Tao-Dragon where you can swap between the two. FS is a Pokemon Specific Ultra move or something (I say Reshiram suits him better), this way Lucario stays and everyone wins.

Oh, and for the record, N isn't a villain. IN B2/W2 he comes back as a hero.
Yeah, but not as the hero. He was a villian in BW. Though, it's too early to tell whether he'll be remembered as Vader or Yoda. Either way, he's a fleshed out pokemon character which, in and of itself, is a rarity.

And he doesn't need to replace Red. Really, the concept of Pokemon fighting standalone was pretty strange back during the 64 days, considering that we the main character is actually a trainer. It makes sense for Mewtwo, but not really the others.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Snake's guns were taken out not due to violence, but to them being difficult to properly balance. Especially since Snake's primary gun is a Tranquilizer, and he prefers non-lethal takedowns in his games. In fact, the MGS series encourages non-lethal runs and rewards the player for doing so.

Also, guns can very well be added to a game with out them being about "shooting." See Noel.
Sakurai EXPLICITLY mentioned that he could not include guns and knives for Snake's moveset due to increased sensitivity to realistic weapons in other parts of the world.

The inclusion of a realistic gun in a game in a Japan is enough to bump a game's rating to C (which is like the equivalent of something between T and M for the ESRB).

D

Deleted member

Yeah. MGS also sometimes had a bit of a comical/non-serious side to it as well.

Also, lol at thinking Travis Touchdown has a realistic shot at getting in. He's got the same problems Bayonetta has, except he is much more niche than her, and he is no longer going to be the main star of his series (if it continues).

Also, lol at thinking Bayonetta's sexuality would not be an obstacle for her inclusion. She is definitely not appropriate for a game like Smash Bros.
Oh, of course Travis has a very low chance of making it, but that's the appeal. He's an underdog.

Also, what makes you say Bayonetta's sexuality is really an obstacle. I just gave you examples of how the rest of the world doesn't make such a big deal out of sexuality in media. If anything, the US version of Smash 4 could be 'toned down' as most US imports tend to be.

Also, take for example the Fire Emblem series, which could be considered about as 'mature' as Smash Bros. A series which openly implies all sorts of incest (a taboo just about everywhere in the world), not just in the J-only FE games but even in Sacred Stones with the twins. If incest can get away in vidya, so can a toned down stripper.

No. If we got 8 Mario characters (discounting spin-offs), that would be over-reprsenting because that would include pretty much every supporting character in it. If we got 8 pokemon, this wouldn't be over-representing because that's still less then 5% of the cast. You need to take it on a character by character basis instead of franchise as a whole. Just for an example, should Tingle get in because Zelda needs another rep? And, really, I haven't seen anyone on this board saying pokemon is over-represented. Generally, its StarFox that gets called out on that, and occasionally Mother (though, I'm guessing most haven't played Earthbound). Really, Pokemon deserves about 6 slots. Nintendo has very few older series that are still around from the old days. F-Zero has fallen, Mother has fallen, Star Fox has fallen. Yoshi and the DK series only recieve new games every once in a while, but none of these has enjoyed the large success of Pokemon. Better Pokemon get another roster spot then some supporting character from a dead/dying franchise or a random third party.

And he doesn't need to replace Red. Really, the concept of Pokemon fighting standalone was pretty strange back during the 64 days, considering that we the main character is actually a trainer. It makes sense for Mewtwo, but not really the others.
I suppose. Personally all I want is for Pokemon to get some freshness, while still keeping their slot count to 4-5. I don't want them to take up more than 10% of the roster. Any more than that is truly ridiculous.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Bayonetta: Personally I'm surprised people are forgetting that Sega still owns the rights to the IP, why would they put her in over Sonic?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, take for example the Fire Emblem series, which could be considered about as 'mature' as Smash Bros. A series which openly implies all sorts of incest (a taboo just about everywhere in the world), not just in the J-only FE games but even in Sacred Stones with the twins. If incest can get away in vidya, so can a toned down stripper.
The only Fire Emblem game where there is incest is FE4.

The whole thing about Ephraim and Eirika loving each other (in a sexual, incestuous kind of way) in the Japanese version of FE8 is an urban myth. Throw it in the trash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sakurai EXPLICITLY mentioned that he could not include guns and knives for Snake's moveset due to increased sensitivity to realistic weapons in other parts of the world.

The inclusion of a realistic gun in a game in a Japan is enough to bump a game's rating to C (which is like the equivalent of something between T and M for the ESRB).
Even though your right, several games based on Shonen manga, like One Piece, have guns though they get a A rating in almost every game. Probably due to looking too cartoony.

D

Deleted member

Actually it was on Jump Square.
That's what it was, I don't follow To Love Ru, but I know enough about it to know it's not Shounen Jump.

Yes, because this game is definitely NOT Japanese, and her guns are NOT realistic.

Noel's Bolverk are about as realistic as Bayo's guns. Your argument is moot.

The only Fire Emblem game where there is incest is FE4.

The whole thing about Ephraim and Eirika love each other in the Japanese version of FE8 is an urban myth. Throw it in the trash.
It's definitely implied, I played SS. Never explicitly stated, but definitely implied several times throughout the game. And even if it's just one or two games my point still stands.

D

Deleted member

@Bayonetta: Personally I'm surprised people are forgetting that Sega still owns the rights to the IP, why would they put her in over Sonic?
And another reason why Bayonetta won't be getting in anytime soon. As a matter of fact, this was the first thing that came to mind when the bandwagon on her started. "Have people forgotten that Sonic is already in?"

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Comparing BlazBlue to Super Smash Bros. is a very poor argument. The two series are very different from each other and are unrelated both by development teams and in universe content.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Noel's Bolverk are about as realistic as Bayo's guns. Your argument is moot.

It's definitely implied, I played SS. Never explicitly stated, but definitely implied several times throughout the game. And even if it's just one or two games my point still stands.
You are acting really obnoxious and your points are all full of bigger holes than swiss cheese.

Bayonetta's guns would not be allowed in Smash Bros. PERIOD. I don't think there is anyone here that would disagree with me on that aside from you.

Also, I have played SS, and I conversed with those who have read the Japanese script for SS, in neither the Western or Japanese version, is incestuous love implied between Ephraim and Eirika.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Manly: In any case, it's not in Nintendo's nature to run "mature elements" in their games, which is why see some little of them in Nintendo's array of franchises. Eternal Darkness had only one game and it was then not ever heard of again (except that one interview speaking about that sequel but can't remember).

I mean one could argue Zero Suit Samus fits this bill of being "sexualized", but she had become oversexualized due Brawl. (Fanart and fandom)

Metroid-series are also now in stagnation and one of those reasons is exposing Samus more out as a "woman" and what she really is instead of being a silent protagonist-like badass who the player could relate to when going through atmospheric planet of Zebes or other places. Samus being a woman was more of a minor, yet very significant and norm-breaking thing then but now it's bit what contributed to some of her faulty portrayal in Other M for example.

D

Deleted member

Comparing BlazBlue to Super Smash Bros. is a very poor argument. The two series are very different from each other and are unrelated.
They are about as equally mature. Their casts have the same variety in characters, Ranging from serious sword wielders, to cute girls, to cute animal (girls), to burly buff dudes.

Makoto's underbood is on par with ZSS in terms of sexuality. Also I wasn't comparing BB to Smash. I was comparing Noel's guns to Bayo's guns.

I'm not sure what BB's rating in Japan is, but it surely isn't above C. Which contrasts with the Western T for Teen in Smash Melee and Brawl.

@Chrono

My arguments are the obnoxious ones, yet I'm the one providing examples to my arguments. While you simple say the opposite with "no this wouldn't work because I say so" or "I talked to someone and they agree with me."

Give me some examples, and I might agree with you, but as it stands you've done nothing but contradict me.

My argument is simple, Bayonetta isn't so out of place in Smash Bros as you argue, especially if she's toned down a little, as far as sexuality goes. As far as the guns go. I disagree completely.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
They are about as equally mature. Their casts have the same variety in characters, Ranging from serious sword wielders, to cute girls, to cute animal (girls), to burly buff dudes.

Makoto's underbood is on par with ZSS in terms of sexuality. Also I wasn't comparing BB to Smash. I was comparing Noel's guns to Bayo's guns.
And that then means that Nintendo should (or would) be able to Bayo because her guns aren't that bad since in other fighting games they aren't? Unlikely to me, it's not in Nintendo's nature.

Snake was bit over the top to me in Brawl (cracking necks when grabbing? Eeek). And Bayo trying to go further than Snake would be going already pretty out of bounds of what Nintendo wishes to portray in their games.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Then there's the One Piece games situation that I mentioned. Though, the A rating is understandable since the pirates/navy guns are nowhere near as realistic as Bayonetta's guns.

EDIT: If only Oasis S the Strong was here.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Manly: In any case, it's not in Nintendo's nature to run "mature elements" in their games, which is why see some little of them in Nintendo's array of franchises. Eternal Darkness had only one game and it was then not ever heard of again (except that one interview speaking about that sequel but can't remember).

I mean one could argue Zero Suit Samus fits this bill of being "sexualized", but she had become oversexualized due Brawl. (Fanart and fandom)

Metroid-series are also now in stagnation and one of those reasons is exposing Samus more out as a "woman" and what she really is instead of being a silent protagonist-like badass who the player could relate to when going through atmospheric planet of Zebes or other places. Samus being a woman was more of a minor, yet very significant and norm-breaking thing then but now it's bit what contributed to some of her faulty portrayal in Other M for example.
Sakamoto really did a lot to ruin the Metroid franchise. He was the one that came up with Zero Suit Samus, and he was the guy behind Other M. He was the director of all the 2D Metroids except for Metroid II, but I think the rest of the development team kept Sakamoto's bad ideas in check up until Other M. Zero Mission and Fusion was setting the stage for Other M though (Fusion's yappy Samus, and Zero Mission's Zero Suit Samus).

The Metroid Prime trilogy handled Samus's character the best.

Its really a shame what became of Samus. She is my favorite video game hero of all time, and she has become yet another cliched female hero with lots of overt sex appeal (Samus has always had sex appeal, but it was always limited to just the ending of Metroid if you managed to beat the game quickly).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And another reason why Bayonetta won't be getting in anytime soon. As a matter of fact, this was the first thing that came to mind when the bandwagon on her started.
Agreed. Which reminds me, I'm surprised that no one's on the Ryu Hayabusa bandwagon just yet. Oh well. :rolleyes:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chrono: Indeed. It's very big shame. She was very cool, almost in the par of other badass hero's because she didn't reveal her feminine side often. Which is why I said: a minor, but still very important and significant trait. Now it has been played around that it's not that "special" anymore enough to warrant people clear the newest Metroids in fastest way possible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Agreed. Which reminds me, I'm surprised that no one's on the Ryu Hayabusa bandwagon just yet. Ah well. :rolleyes:
I was about to, but I remembered that Tecmo Koei wouldn't really be interested in having any of their characters in that game. It's all about Capcom, Sega, and Namco Bandai now.

D

Deleted member

And that then means that Nintendo should (or would) be able to Bayo because her guns aren't that bad since in other fighting games they aren't? Unlikely to me, it's not in Nintendo's nature.

Snake was bit over the top to me in Brawl (cracking necks when grabbing? Eeek). And Bayo trying to go further than Snake would be going already pretty out of bounds of what Nintendo wishes to portray in their games.
I don't see how Bayo's guns are "realistic" in any way. Also, you have Sony All Stars to look at, which has already featured REAL guns.

Personally I never found Snake using CQC in Smash as a big deal. I think the whole violence aspect is moot, since it IS after all a FIGHTING game.

But that just me, I don't even support Bayonetta, but I feel the entire argument against her in terms of violence and sexuality seems to have a lot of holes and bias. As it stands, no one has been able to disprove me. Do not forget Nintendo did fan-service before Arksys or PG with Metroid 1, and Zelda 2.

The Metroid Prime trilogy handled Samus's character the best.
Well, there's one thing we can agree on...

Agreed. Which reminds me, I'm surprised that no one's on the Ryu Hayabusa bandwagon just yet. Ah well. :rolleyes:
Dear God, don't even start.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
My arguments are the obnoxious ones, yet I'm the one providing examples to my arguments. While you simple say the opposite with "no this wouldn't work because I say so" or "I talked to someone and they agree with me."

Give me some examples, and I might agree with you, but as it stands you've done nothing but contradict me.

My argument is simple, Bayonetta isn't so out of place in Smash Bros as you argue, especially if she's toned down a little, as far as sexuality goes. As far as the guns go. I disagree completely.
You lack any sense of introspection, don't you? I have debunked you all day long, but you just continue to let your cognitive dissonance lead you by your nose.

Everyone in this thread is debunking you, yet you continue to say, "nuh uh I am right. *references more anime trash"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I was about to, but I remembered that Tecmo Koei wouldn't really be interested in having any of their characters in that game. It's all about Capcom, Sega, and Namco Bandai now.
I don't think it's as much them wanting to or not (I doubt they would turn down the offer), just none of their characters are popular or priority enough for Sakurai to attempt to and go to the effort of including.

They have a pretty good relationship with Nintendo and have collaborated several times, I doubt they would reject the opportunity.

D

Deleted member

Earlier games were rated B, but Continuum Shift 2 was given a C rating.
Agreed. Which reminds me, I'm surprised that no one's on the Ryu Hayabusa bandwagon just yet. Oh well. :rolleyes:
He'd be awesome to see. Too bad he doesn't have a chance.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm more surprised that there isn't a Chase McCain bandwagon. After all Lego City Undercover is being published by Nintendo too. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I was about to, but I remembered that Tecmo Koei wouldn't really be interested in having any of there characters in that game. It's all about Capcom, Sega, and Namco Bandai now.
They were okay with all those deals with Nintendo and putting Samus/Ridley in DoA 3DS. :p

Like Simon Belmont, I still doubt him, but I'm still personally putting him next to Layton on the list of dark horse 3rd parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom