• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Discussion Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If the gameplay difference is such a big deal, why not give Mario all of Dr. Mario's characteristics?
Then that would screw over those who prefer Mario's gameplay over Doc's.
Think things through, please.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As for the costume BS, it's not going to happen. Doc's either coming in with his differences intact, or he's not coming at all.
Best scenario: Dr. Mario doesn't appear on the CSS so the purists don't have any reason to complain, but while selecting Mario, before selecting him, you can toggle between the two by pressing the Start Button or it's equivlant, similar to how Sonic the Fighters HD handles Metal Sonic, Eggman, and Honey.
That way, Doc gets in, he's not taking up space on the CSS, he's got his gameplay differences, everyone wins.
I would like for this to happen too. Everyone would be happy with this.

Also, I have been reflecting. I wonder if there will be any bitter rivalries for a spot in Smash 4 that there was during pre-Brawl.

Like Wolf vs. Krystal and Ike vs. Lyn.

The Mario newcomer spot is absolutely chaotic because most of the major contenders have nearly equal support (Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi).

There is also no big female character fanbase this time like there was with pre-Brawl, with the highest supported female character (Palutena) actually having a relatively quiet fanbase. Krystal and Lyn have fanbases that are shadows of their pre-Brawl selves, and Dixie Kong right now is still in K. Rool's shadow.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said:
Also, I have been reflecting. I wonder if there will be any bitter rivalries for a spot in Smash 4 that there was during pre-Brawl.

Like Wolf vs. Krystal and Ike vs. Lyn.

The Mario newcomer spot is absolutely chaotic because most of the major contenders have nearly equal support (Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Waluigi).

There is also no big female character fanbase this time like there was with pre-Brawl, with the highest supported female character (Palutena) actually having a relatively quiet fanbase. Krystal and Lyn have fanbases that are shadows of their pre-Brawl selves, and Dixie Kong right now is still in K. Rool's shadow.
Well you already mentioned one. I'm not sure if there's going to be other bitter rivalries. I could see a rivalry form over Isaac and Shulk, but both fan base are generally pretty good so I don't see it getting bitter.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Isaac-ones might be thrown off by the statements like "2nd Party, Matthew will be playable instead, wasn't included in Brawl" and so on. (-l.l-);

Just wondering now though, I noticed that GameFAQs seeminly wanted Lyn more than Chrom back in October (in means of want)

Funny stuff. I think her support's kinda loyal still despite lowering down dang notch.

Arcadenik: Wouldn't have said it better myself.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well you already mentioned one. I'm not sure if there's going to be other bitter rivalries. I could see a rivalry form over Isaac and Shulk, but both fan base are generally pretty good so I don't see it getting bitter.
I think another one of the parameters needed for a bitter fanbase rivalry is for one of the characters to be female (Krystal, Lyn) while the other is a "badass" (Wolf, Ike).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Toad VS Bowser Jr would spring up definitely, with Paper Mario maybe becoming the 3rd wheel...

Saki isn't ever talked about BTW. Is he under "Palutena Effect" too?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just wondering now though, I noticed that GameFAQs seeminly wanted Lyn more than Chrom back in October (in means of want)[/URL]

Funny stuff. I think her support's kinda loyal still despite lowering down dang notch.
GameFAQs is more nutty about female Fire Emblem characters than even they are nutty about Waluigi. They will gravitate towards anyone that feel is the most likely female Fire Emblem character at the time. Their support for Lyn is not so much support for Lyn but rather support for a female Fire Emblem character. Other characters they back besides Lyn are Micaiah, Sheeda/Caeda, Lucina, and Anna. Heck, they were backing Liz for a while because they kept insisting that she was going to be the second lord of FE13. They are absolute fanboys when it comes to this.

Toad VS Bowser Jr would spring up definitely, with Paper Mario maybe becoming the 3rd wheel...

No, Saki's support seems to have dried up a lot. This may be controversial by I have a hunch that a lot of the people that originally backed Saki jumped over to Shulk.

D

Deleted member

I think another one of the parameters needed for a bitter fanbase rivalry is for one of the characters to be female (Krystal, Lyn) while the other is a "badass" (Wolf, Ike).
To be fair, the Fire Emblem fan base had bitter rivalries over many characters; Ike, Lyn, Sigurd, Micaiah, and others, so it wasn't just one of these characters.

Not really. Some people (like me) feel that he's likely to appear, others strongly doubt him. Surprisingly, I haven't seen a vocal fan base for him (ThePersonGuy is just an exception).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
To be fair, the Fire Emblem fan base had bitter rivalries over many characters; Ike, Lyn, Sigurd, Micaiah, and others, so it wasn't just one of these characters.
I was around for all of pre-Brawl so I know how the Fire Emblem newcomer fanbases went.

There were originally a lot of fanbases. After Brawl was announced, the Ike fanbase basically cannibalized and demoralized the Hector and Ephraim fanbases. The Lyn fanbase cannibalized and demoralized the Eirika fanbase, and kept the Micaiah fanbase from growing when she showed up. The Sigurd fanbase was primarily FE4 fanboys who created lies to make themselves the third wheel of the FE newcomer wars.

By 2007, there was only three Fire Emblem characters with a lot of support Ike, Lyn, and Sigurd. Sigurd was far behind Ike and Lyn, but his fans were very loud and aggressive.

At the beginning of August, Ike was confirmed. The Lyn fanbase switched tactics into attacking Marth saying that:
1. Two blue-haired lords representing Fire Emblem would not work.
2. The first Fire Emblem lord who was Japan-only, needed to be replaced by the first international lord.

Lyn ended up being de-confirmed in mid-September. After the meltdowns and rage subsided, a week later, most of the Lyn fanbase jumped ship to Micaiah.

The Sigurd fanbase tried to capitalize on the collapse of the Lyn fanbase, but it was difficult getting people to support the idea of three blue-haired sword-wielding lords, two of which were Japan-only. The Sigurd fanbase doubled-down on the "lies" (namely he was Sakurai's favorite Fire Emblem character, and that he was originally planned for Smash 64/Melee).

The Roy fanbase started to galvanize again after being heavily demoralized throughout most of the pre-Brawl period in mid-October.

You also had the Lyn fanbase up to their old tricks again when they were backing Micaiah, only this time they were saying that, there would only be Tellius lords in, and since Micaiah was international and Marth was not (and also another blue-haired sword-user), she would get in. They also argued that she would be better to represent the series due to the fact that she was a class besides a sword-wielder, a female, and the main lord of the most recent installment of the series (tried to argue that FE10 was really about Micaiah, and that it was Ike playing second-fiddle in that game).

The Sigurd fanbase collapsed in November when translations of Sakurai's pre-Melee journal came out, of which Sakurai confirmed who his favorite Fire Emblem character was and also the results for who Japanese Smash Bros. fans wanted for a Fire Emblem character in Melee (Sigurd only got two votes, while his son Celice got four, and non-lord Oguma/Ogma got a whopping 8. Marth of course got more than all of them by far though).

The Marth fanbase became extremely galvanized with the announcement of the FE1 remake for the DS (Shadow Dragon). At this point, nearly everyone now expected Marth to come back.

Thus the battle for the third-spot was between the Micaiah and Roy fans. There was no real advantage among them. The Roy fans were coming out of the woodwork as Brawl neared closer to release. The Micaiah fans felt that Roy was not a threat to their character for a potential third Fire Emblem spot, and that Micaiah getting in as the third Fire Emblem character was merely a matter of whether a third Fire Emblem character was going to happen. Roy fans felt that due to Sakurai's familiarity with the character, that it would be easier to make him the third character than to add an entirely new character.

When Brawl was released, it was found out that Sakurai was indeed planning a third playable Fire Emblem character, and that is was none other than Roy.

The Micaiah fanbase then dissolved back into the Lyn fanbase. After Shadow Dragon was released, it became the Caeda/Sheeda fanbase. The remaining Lyn and Micaiah fans were absorbed further into the Caeda/Sheeda fanbase when FE12 was announced. Like their predescessors, they used flimsy logic to say why their character was the most likely to be included (Marth's love interest, part of the most recent release, not a sword user, female, etc.).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
FE Fanbase Stuff
Too bad fans didn't show more support for any of those causes, since we're now stuck with boring old Roy and unoriginal Chrom. :troll:

D

Deleted member

@ChronoBound: If there's one thing we can learn from here, it's that if a female character gets deconfirmed, supporting another female from the same franchise will do nothing.

@---: Would have continued to (silently) support Leaf if it wasn't a sure thing he'd become a clone if he became playable. Which is too bad; because his Master Knight weapons would shut up those who beg for a non-swordsmen character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: Or we could give Ike his Axe and Roy/Chrom their Lances.

Anyway I still would prefer any of the old fanbase characters over what we have to choose from now, I'm just not vocal with it and have come to terms with what we're most likely getting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
@ChronoBound: If there's one thing we can learn from here, it's that if a female character gets deconfirmed, supporting another female from the same franchise will do nothing..
Fire Emblem is really the only series that can happen in. Its not like if Krystal were to be de-confirmed, her fans would all back Katt Monroe, or if Dixie Kong were de-confirmed they would all back Tiny Kong.

They pretty much just wanted another (human) attractive female in Smash Bros., and felt the Fire Emblem series, with its abundance of female characters was the most likely way for that to happen.

If Palutena did not exist (or rather if Uprising did not happen), I think Lucina/Anna's fanbase would be a lot bigger than it is right now (which is basically non-existent outside GameFAQs). Since Palutena is an attractive human female that is likely to get in, those types of people (the ones that want another attractive female character to get in) got their fix.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
When I was looking through the stuff for FE Awakening, I totally thought that Marth had a chance of being replaced by Lucina as moveset wise they are basically the same character...

I'd totally be okay if we got Spirit Marth's design from FE awakening, then we got Lucina as an alt.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I though wish to see Lyn in (or actually any other different type of FE-lord who'd be different really), but I can't see that happening now... but still, three blue-haired sword-wielding lords tho, as likely as it might sound, sounds little ridiculous though. Roy I can see get in to some degree too, but I wish FE-reps had more diversity and would show more about the series than I got to see from Smash Bros about. (Castle Siege made even more sense after playing FE7 and then checking other games too)

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Or we could give Ike his Axe and Roy/Chrom their Lances.

Anyway I still would prefer any of the old fanbase characters over what we have to choose from now, I'm just not vocal with it and have come to terms with what we're most likely getting.
That'd be even better, although at this rate, it's probably not going to happen since Sakurai has shown that he doesn't really care about giving Fire Emblem characters more weapons and realize that there's ways to make FE characters unique with just swords. Not that I'm complaining.

As for FE characters other than Roy and Chrom, the only ones I would tolerate are Caeda and maybe Leaf. Anyone else can stay out.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This is totally off topic from what you guys have been talking about, but I mentioned this in the Shulk thread the other day. When thinking about Shulk as a character (don't worry, this isn't just about Shulk. Moreso about the roster) what are his chances to get in?

Based on what I have read and seen in polls, it appears that Ridley and K.Rool consistently hold a lead, usually followed by Mewtwo, and add Roy in there as another wanted character. Add that to a suspected 1-2 retros and 1-2 third parties, and that gives you 8 slots taken.

As previously noted, Sakurai has stated that Smash 4 won't focus entirely on adding as many characters as the previous installments have. Melee added 13, and Brawl added 14 to the roster. However, in a crossover fighting game, one of the strongest features is a character selection, so it isn't like the next Smash Bros is going to add 5 characters and be done. That would be a bad sales strategy.

So hypothetically, I'm going to estimate that 10-14 characters are added, taking the initial roster amount to anywhere from 45 to 49. Add in transformations, and that makes it 53. Besides those slots for the roster i mentioned earlier in this post, that would leave us with anywhere from a likely 6-8 slots taken already.

So besides that group, there is a decent amount of characters competing for a spot. The characters that come to my mind are Palutena, MAYBE a Mario character, MAYBE a Zelda character, Saki, Isaac, Shulk, MAYBE Krystal, Zoroark, and then any others I didn't mention. So depending on who holds a good amount of popularity, (which at this point in time I'm going to add that Shulk is doing well), there aren't too many other characters to add. I'll add two visual examples.

First is a more conservative roster.

The characters on the right are characters who COULD (not saying have a super good chance) be swapped into this roster (forgot Lloyd Irving btw). This roster is a 44 slot roster, making it 48 with transformations. This would be adding 9 characters from the Brawl roster, and still staying underneath both previous installments in terms of additional characters.

Next is a larger roster.

This one is a little bit bigger, totaling out at 49 characters, 53 with transformations. I don't think this is as likely as the smaller one, but overall this shows that besides the top few characters, the fight for the remaining spots could be tough. (again, the characters on the right could be swapped with anyone in the prospective roster. pretty much just some of my preferences.)

Feel free to rate them, but i'm merely using these for the sake of argument. While the roster may not be growing as much as it has in the past, besides the top few choices, there aren't a really large amount of characters competing. I'd love to hear input on this, as i'm sure i'm not the only one pondering the possibilities of this.

D

Deleted member

Brawl actually had eighteen new characters if we include transformations. But yeah, 10-14 additions seems likely and you're right about competition being tough for the remainding candidates.

As I said before, this is going to be the hardest game to figure out who's getting in. While we have a good idea of what the pool looks like, it's hard to say who exactly will get in and chances are, none of us are going to guess the final roster.

Regarding the pool, I could divide it up to three groups; ones that I feel will get in, ones that I feel have a decent shot but less sure on, and ones I feel aren't likely, but are large enough to where I could see them get in (outside shot).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yup, there were 18 newcomers in Brawl. Of those, I think like 3 of them were clones (Toon Link, Wolf, Lucas) and one of them is actually a replacement (Toon Link)... so it's like we got 15 truly original characters. It is possible we might get a couple new clones in SSB4 but they most likely will be last-minute additions just like what happened with Melee and Brawl. I do hope we get about 15 newcomers, though.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Good post Chrono.

On Lyn, while here fanbase was crazy, she was well liked in the west and was a top contender for the spot as far as we knew. The problem is Japan doesn't like her as much. This is why she is an assist trophy.

As for Krystal, one of the problems with her was we thought she was a sure thing. She seemed like a contender before and it was confirmed she was in the game though her voice actor. We assumed this meant she was a playable character, not just a voice in Fox's taunt. I think her fanbase imploded after that. She doesn't come up very often.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think Palutena is pretty much the spiritual successor of Krystal at this point, minus the backlash.
I disagree. Mostly because Krystal fans are nuts. There are also a few furries in there. They all left after Brawl came out (though, most people do). They may be back again, though they wont have the same support because of the results of Brawl.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I meant more like the reasoning, like being female and wielding a staff primarily. Of course because Palutena was more well received, there is far less yelling from the fandom and more justifications for inclusion. People generally like Palutena for the character, as opposed to Krystal who was only wanted for "not being a clone".

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
As for Krystal, one of the problems with her was we thought she was a sure thing. She seemed like a contender before and it was confirmed she was in the game though her voice actor. We assumed this meant she was a playable character, not just a voice in Fox's taunt. I think her fanbase imploded after that. She doesn't come up very often.
Yeah, the voice actress and the dark-color swap of Fox (which Krystal fans said de-confirmed Wolf) was what made many people think Krystal was a shoe-in. However, its important to note that in the West, Wolf and Krystal were pretty much on par with each other in terms of requests (I even released some pre-Brawl poll results about this), and in Japan, Wolf was by far the favorite for a Star Fox newcomer.

Wolf getting in was initially attacked for being "another clone", but aside from the specials and Final Smash, Wolf was an unique character, and most people pretty much acknowledged that Sakurai made the right choice in selecting Wolf over Krystal (especially considering what happened with the franchise since Brawl).

The Star Fox series going into hiatus since Command was also another factor in Krystal's decline. You also then had the notoriety of the post-64 Star Fox games sink in more and basically since you had basically no new experiences with Krystal, there was basically a waft of the mediocre-to-subpar legacy of those games that stuck onto Krystal (who was deeply associated with post-64 Star Fox).

However, I don't think its fair to say that Krystal does not come up very often. She is definitely down big time compared to where she was pre-Brawl, and she has far more naysayers now than she did during pre-Brawl as well. However, if you look at the poll on this board, she is within the Top 10 (though the large furry population on this site may contribute to that).

However, even on this site, if you look at Krystal's support topic, it looks more like a debate topic, with half the posters there voicing their opposition to the character. Really, this seems to be the biggest problem Krystal has which is the lack of a positive legacy.

Dixie Kong and K. Rool have similar relevancy problems as Krystal does now, but unlike Krystal, they have the legacy of Rare's Donkey Kong games behind them, which were are still among the most beloved games of that series. That is what Krystal really needed to pad her absence was a starring role in a masterpiece. The long hiatus for the Star Fox and long-time mediocrity of it, has made many people skeptical or hostile to the idea of a fourth playable Star Fox character. Also, all three Star Fox characters that are already in Smash Bros. have the benefit of having a new generation of Star Fox fans (familiar to the series through only Brawl, the Virtual Console Star Fox 64, and Star Fox 64 3D) be only familiar with those characters, and thus you have a generation of Star Fox fans who do not recognize Krystal to their understanding of the series.

I think Palutena is pretty much the spiritual successor of Krystal at this point, minus the backlash.
This is another part to Krystal's decline. The presence of a female character that is both more likely and more attractive than her.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Technically speaking Palutena isn't a human, but I get what you mean.

But it's more then yiffing or not, it's kinda because of the character. Palutena was well received among fans for being humorous, beautiful, and smart with a very strong relationship with Pit. The relationship was probably one of the key things in my opinion because it felt realistic, like a blood bond of sorts between brother and sister. Despite whatever bickering or conflict happens, Pit and Palutena worked together to solve the problem. The loyalty is strong enough that they can't move on without each other. It was also the first time Palutena was starting to develop a character of her own, and as such the first impressions needed to be strong to make a lasting impression.

Krystal on the other hand suffers from being shoved in a title with mixed reception and very relation to Star Fox. It doesn't help that she was intended to be the protagonist of Dinosaur Planet before Nintendo came in and pretty much shoved her to a damsel role. Since then she received criticism for being a shallow love interest for Fox, contributing very little to the Star Fox series as a whole, and being incompetent at battling. Also the skimpy dress from Adventures being fan disservice.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, here's a hint of optimism: the fact that Sakurai was able to look at both the American and Japanese fanbases for Wolf and Krystal, before choosing the overall more wanted character, is a testament to his skill at character selection. Hopefully this carries over to SSB4.

:phone:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Krystal on the other hand suffers from being shoved in a title with mixed reception and very relation to Star Fox. It doesn't help that she was intended to be the protagonist of Dinosaur Planet before Nintendo came in and pretty much shoved her to a damsel role. Since then she received criticism for being a shallow love interest for Fox, contributing very little to the Star Fox series as a whole, and being incompetent at battling. Also the skimpy dress from Adventures being fan disservice.
Slightly off topic, but in relation to Krystal; All I'm going to say is this. The moment Kamiya & friends at platinum recton all the games after SF 64; will be the day thousands of Krystal fans will cry in despair :laugh:. Thank goodness his favorite games were SF1/2/& 64. I wonder though, that the hypothetical good news might be short lived considering
Fara Phoenix, Fox's original lover
will have the high possibility of coming back to the cast. I'm going to put my faith in the guy, assuming he gets his hands on it

While we're on the topic of Star fox characters in SSB; do you think Fox/Falco/Wolf will get a complete overhaul in design or an updated version of their 64 or assault versions?

I'm betting on complete overhaul, though I could be wrong

D

Deleted member

Hey, here's a hint of optimism: the fact that Sakurai was able to look at both the American and Japanese fanbases for Wolf and Krystal, before choosing the overall more wanted character, is a testament to his skill at character selection. Hopefully this carries over to SSB4.

I remember Sakurai saying that he didn't even know of Krystal before the poll came out. So regardless of circumstances, Wolf was going to be the Star Fox newcomer hands down. Wolf probably would have still made the cut over Krystal even if Sakurai had full knowledge of Krystal's history.
Slightly off topic, but in relation to Krystal; All I'm going to say is this. The moment Kamiya & friends at platinum recton all the games after SF 64; will be the day thousands of Krystal fans will cry in despair :laugh:. Thank goodness his favorite games were SF1/2/& 64. I wonder though, that the hypothetical good news might be short lived considering
will have the high possibility of coming back to the cast. I'm going to put my faith in the guy, assuming he gets his hands on it

While we're on the topic of Star fox characters in SSB; do you think Fox/Falco/Wolf will get a complete overhaul in design or an updated version of their 64 or assault versions?

I don't even mind Krystal getting in Smash 4 and even I would want to see the last round of drama from Krystal fans. It'd totally be worth it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Whether they retcon the entire series back to SF64 (and why?) or not, that doesn't mean that Krystal would be wiped out of the canon. She can just be reintroduced. I mean, comic books do that stuff all the time.

And there is NOTHING that would lead anyone to think that Fara Phoenix, let alone Miyu and Fay, would be more likely to be brought into the series proper with a retcon.

All I gather from this is that you have a strong bias against the post SF64 games and consider Krystal's arrival as the mark of its decline.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
All I gather from this is that you have a strong bias against the post SF64 games and consider Krystal's arrival as the mark of its decline.
To be fair, most people don't like the post 64 Star Fox games or rather don't have a high opinion of them.

You even have gaming journalism outlets now (just look at IGN's article yesterday) hoping that the next Star Fox retcons the post-64 games.

Considering that K. Rool and Dixie Kong were not brought back for Donkey Kong Country Returns, and both of them were beloved characters for the series, and Krystal is a character with a very mixed reception, I think the possibility of Krystal being re-introduced if a reboot happens as not likely.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
if they retconned Star Fox, I doubt they'd write out Krystal. rewrite her probably, but not just get rid of her. hate her or not, she has a fanbase and is important enough to the series that she still needs to at least make an appearence and play a role. but if they rewrite her in a more likeable way then all is good.

D

Deleted member

I believe Krystal can be made into a good character. She's mostly a victim of bad writing at this point but she's "fixable".

But I wouldn't really care whenever or not Krystal gets booted off as I just want a new Star Fox game.

Oh and apparently, Sega expressed interest in making a new F-zero. This is old news as it was a year and a half ago, but if a new F-zero game is being made, Sega is one of the possible studios.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
It's not like other companies have took out a caracter during a retcon (r.i.p. Wally West)

On a slightly different note, harmoknights is getting localized, how is the opinion of it over in Japan chrono

Edit: pun unintended

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I have lost interest in Little Mac being a playable character for Smash 4. The same happened with K. Rool for me a few months ago. To explain this, its not that I don't think Little Mac or K. Rool deserve to be in (they are amongst the most deserving newcomers), but rather if they were confirmed I would not be excited about it. Little Mac and K. Rool I always wanted less than the other six characters on my wishlist though.

This basically leaves only six characters left that were not in Brawl that I would still be happy about if they were included in Smash 4.

Has this happened with anyone else (as in you used to want a character in Smash Bros., but now are just neutral about their inclusion even though you still think they deserve to be in).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I feel more excited this time around because of that looming feeling of the series being finished, and as such I believe the series would try to leave with a bang.

Personally I felt more neutral during the days of Brawl speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom