• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
yea but he was like numero dos on the swords lynch behind kevmo

=|

you really did a nice twostep around that question though lol. not helping.

still thinking.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i feel like riddle hasn't done ****. he also reads textbooks for arguments.

junglefever i dont get good vibes from but he was strong on the swordsrscummy lynch so i force myself to give him the benefit of the doubt.

rockin refrains from putting down ANY opinions, but honestly it might ****ing be a rockin town-tell. at least as mafia he is overtly willing to put a foot behind every wagon.

i can see nick's claim as legit except that there has only been ONE death each night. well, we didnt get to know who gheb ****in protected, so we cant work with that as well. but it would explain nick's weird *** opinions on the night-kill speak, unless he were still the killing role but NON-town.

quick edit: excuse my language LOL im a pirate i cant help it

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Tom that the one death each night stands out. If Nick is legit, that almost certainly means no maf left(vig, maf, SK shoot same night and 2 hit doc target is highly unlikely). However, I do still need to think. Goin to see paranormal activity right now I'll have more when I get back. Would like to hear opinions of those not named Tom or Mentos on this claim

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I agree with Tom that the one death each night stands out. If Nick is legit, that almost certainly means no maf left(vig, maf, SK shoot same night and 2 hit doc target is highly unlikely). However, I do still need to think. Goin to see paranormal activity right now I'll have more when I get back. Would like to hear opinions of those not named Tom or Mentos on this claim
NO, DONT LEAVE, ANSWER QUESTIONS

you only commented on my Nick remarks. Nick being the most likely lynch. what about Riddle, Rockin, Jungle?

>:C

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Tom you once told me that the first thing SK's will do is claim vig and make it seem like they are town. Why wouldn't this be a good case here? It would all fall together nicely wouldn't it?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I interrupt this game to say that Paranormal Activity is probably the best scary movie in a very long time.

I recommend it to everyone.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tom, out of those 3 you listed, no one stands out to me yet. They have all been relatively suspicious/odd, but none standout above the others. Prolly my last post pre-movie

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
****in deadline. I'm willing to lynch anyone who isnt mentos Tom or Kevin.

I'm shakey on Nicks claim. Not sure what to believe. I can def. see that being the convenience SK safeclaim but at the same time I believe what he says for some reason.

Anyway, I'm probably going to die tonight. If and when I'm gone, everyone needs to be VERY CAREFUL TO REMEMBER THAT KEV AND TOM ARE NOT 100% CLEAR.

I'd hate to have town get boned in endgame by blinding trainwrecking themselves by trusting them completely.

I'm comfortable letting them get to endgame, but if Lylo comes, step up your scum hunt games everyone.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, deadline's today. I'd be comftorable with a Jungle/Rockin lynch, and I think Jungle would be my first choice. Vote Jungle

Anyway, why is it that everyone pretty much ignored that huge post I made a couple pages ago? The only response I got was a "You can't force me to be at the top of my game" from Rockin.

@Ronike
I don't suppose we could beg you for another deadline extension?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I like the idea of lynching Nick, and seriously why did you kill someone who would spearhead a lynch on a mafia recruiter. That just pisses me off.

If you are a town vig that was an absolutely TERRIBLE play.

You don't venge kill because you felt a connection to your brother. Thats poor play.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
give us more than this ^^^^ then

who do you want to lynch, who do you not want to lynch, if you had to make the choices, what choices would you make and why
Bleh, it's pretty hard. I'm not sure who to lynch atm.

I believe in Mentos' claim cause I believe he has made a joke on every vote he made, as well as Frozen's cop claim. As far as with Riddle and JF, I don't believe I see anything too suspicious.

Fair enough. I'm the Experimental Fun evaluator and I'm the one-shot vigilante. (I know, they don't mix.) I get to shoot one time during a night phase. I used my shot N1 on KK, because I didn't think I'd live to see N2, as Sword had managed to draw a pretty solid connection between the two of us. That's why my original theory as to the N1 kill was that KK was the vig kill and the mafia(or SK) kill was blocked, as that's what really happened that night. There. Anything else you want to know?
Not really a good enough reason to Night kill KK. As a vig, you should make absolute certain that a person is indeed scummy. Also, it's a basic rule that VIGS DON'T NIGHT KILL N1 >: I ain't buying this.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add. My superpower (in flavor terms) is that I can heat whatever I touch to extreme temperatures. That's why the pancea attacking me burned up in the D1 lynch flavor.
.....oh rly?

You all turn to the scorched body of Marshy, Vanilla Townie.

.....Hmm. Tom, I take that back. Vote:Nick

Not really. There would have to be an explanation to how Marshy died then, and I feel that Nick is our SK.

Also Nick, I really like how you're driving on the tibit thing Marshy did on me. Marshy has gotten on about me in terms of that on D1 and D2. I have voiced out my reasons a bit and help add onto the thing and both him and Gheb backed off of me, so for you to suddenly pressure me about it (and when I say this, I mean you bringing it up more then once on me), I find that a bit weird. I'm sure you voted on me D2, but you havn't really force the lynch onto me till now.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Experimental fun evaluator looked like a role to me I just kinda read over it.

Again that doesn't seem like a name.

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, no deadline extension. Also, because I suck, probably no flavor tonight as life hates me. I'll get the lynch result up at least.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Fine. I'll come clean. I am the town vigilante, but I get to shoot every night, not just one night. I've shot every night thus far. My win condition is that I win when all the power roles are dead, both town and mafia. (That is, I win with the vanilla town.) I'm the one that's been keeping the game going, and if you lynch me it will end. My power is actually heat vision. So, it ends.

Burn KevinM
Vote Nicholas1024
End game

Ronike

Smash Ace
I don't know if you've noticed nick, but you're not the mod.

Vote Count:
Kevin(1): Riddle
Nick(5): Kevin, Mentos, Jungle, Rockin, Nick
Not Voting: Tom, rockin, Frozen

Ronike

Smash Ace
Nick's officially on my lynch immediately cause he's just gonna be unhelpful no matter what. Congrats man, you've managed to piss me off just as much as Hando does, something I thought impossible.

Just ugh nick...

Nick the Townish Vig/sk has been killed.

Game is over, thanks you for playing

If anyone has any questions, I'll answer them. Would you guys prefer the full roles, including backstory, or just the actual role part?

Power roles:
Gheb: Doctor: Protected Junglefever Night 1
Frozen: Cop: Investigated Tom night 0^, Marshy night 1, and KevinM night 2
Junglefever: Mystery Role (Eliminated Roles*): Used on Riddle night 1, not used night 2
Nick: Vig/cop proof sk: Killed KK N1, killed Marshy N2
Swords: Mafia Super Recruiter+: Died before he could use his power

*Jungle was told he eliminated Panacea, but not what that would do. Originally, it would have reverted any recruited mafia members, but after you guys lynched Swords day 1, I was left with a severely underpowered scum, so I changed his power to convert people to pure vanilla, without restrictions or anything. This would have both helped and hindered Nick, obviously it would move him closer to his goal if jungle used it on Frozen, but if he had used it on Nick, Nick would have died. In addition, to help Nick's goal and help Swords be able to tell, I gave vanillas restrictions. In hindsight, most of them were very unhelpful to this end and I should have chosen better, but shoulda, coulda, woulda, didn't. At any rate, eliminating those restrictions should have made Nick's job harder to tell who had power roles and who didn't.

+Swords could recruit every night without any restrictions (besides the Doc), and also would keep any powers they had, i.e if he recruited doc, he could protect whoever he wanted, vig and he could also preform kills, etc. etc.

^The cop had a N0 to help balance, as if he investigated someone n1 and then that person was recruited, he would come up Town when that person was then mafia. Course, this ended up being unneeded.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
full roles + backstory por favor =D

kinda ruins the fun if you hammer yourself, nick

Feel bad for Ronikes game, mafia recruiter lynched d1, and this happens d2. Obviously not what he was planning for when making the game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ronike
Well, sorry. It's been a bad day for me. In more than one way. I won't do it again.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well it is day 3 Mac, but yeah. This wasn't what I was planning at all.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Roles + Backstory:

Tom’s Role:

Backstory:
Before school started again, you went to the hospital to get a physical, but after what seemed like far too many hours of tests, you were given the terrible news: you had terminal Brain Cancer. You were told that your only chance was a highly experimental procedure. However, the procedure was being hailed as a miracle “cure-all” in the medical field. Hoping to not to be to optimistic, the procedure was being used quietly on all range of problems to try and find its limits. No limits had been found yet. Obviously, given the choice between an experimental procedure that gave you a chance of living, and a definite chance of dying, you decided to sign up as a guinea pig. The test took place this morning. Upon arriving, a scientist approached you and started explaining the test to you.

“Basically, you will be given a pill containing a sentient substance, code named Panacea. It is dormant in the pill, but upon entering the intestine, we will expose you to a negligible amount of radiation that will awaken Panacea. From there, Panacea will make its way from your intestine to your brain and fix your problem. So far, we have had a 100% success rate. We think this could be even more powerful than stem cells.”

Curious, you asked why it hadn’t been released to the public yet if it was all that and a bag of chips:

“I assure you we have our reasons, but it is nothing to worry yourself with. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that you swear looks like those laser cannons you see in Saturday morning cartoons descends from the ceiling in the center of the room. Of course, your humorous thoughts of the device end when the tip begins glowing green.

“Don’t worry, I assure you the device is completely harmless. You may feel some mild discomfort though…”

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And you couldn’t be happier with the results. The men and women at the testing facility informed you that the cancer cells in your brain had completely disappeared. You were heading to the local bar to celebrate your newfound longevity with some drunken girl when you got a mysterious phone call from the testing facility you had left not even an hour ago.

“You need to come back immediately, complications have arisen. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You have no idea what’s going on, but you comply and head on back.

Role Summary:
You are the Pirate King of Hell. You are extremely confident in everything that you do and feel that everyone should follow you too. As such, every day (in-game) you must vote at least once, and in addition someone must vote on the same person before you can change your vote. Other than that, you are a vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

Marshy’s Role:

Backstory:

It was a Friday night, and as usual, you were bored. Of course, you aren’t a normal person. You can’t just go to the movies or go bowling to have fun like normal people. Oh no. You get off on doing things almost no one else has done. It could be anything, just so long as no one had done it before. So when a buddy of yours told you about the highly experimental testing, you were eager to get signed up. Course, when you got there, and found 11 others there, you weren’t so thrilled. One of the scientists came up to you to explain the test:

“Basically, you will be given a pill containing a sentient substance, code named Panacea. It is dormant in the pill, but upon entering the intestine, we will expose you to a negligible amount of radiation that will awaken Panacea. From there, Panacea will make its way from your intestine to your brain and fix your problem. So far, we have had a 100% success rate. We think this could be even more powerful than stem cells. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

Of course, you weren’t thrilled that you weren’t the first to try it, but it was too late to back out now. She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that you swear looks like that Death Star laser replica built out of legos you built the other day. Of course, your humorous thoughts of the device end when the tip begins glowing green.

“Don’t worry, I assure you the device is completely harmless. You may feel some mild discomfort though…”

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And what a let down that test was. You weren’t the first, it hurt like hell, and then you had to sit around for hours upon end. Well, at least the night wasn’t totally ruined yet. Well at least it wasn’t until your phone started ringing.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You have no idea what’s going on, but you comply and head on back.

Role Summary:
You are the Marshy. You have an extreme reckless abandon for your own life, as well as the lives of others. Therefore, the first time someone reaches lynch-1, you must hammer them, no explanations or anything. If that person was a mafia member, your restriction remains, otherwise you will be so horrified by their death that you cannot vote the next day, but the day after your restriction will be removed. Other than that, you are a vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

Rockin’s Role:

Backstory:

We can rebuild you, better, stronger, faster… You awoke from that same dream to the sound of a message going to voicemail. It was your buddy, Ronike:

“Hey, so you know that money you owe me? Well, I’m calling in a favor in place of it. I need another test subject for the final testing phase of a new drug. Its not harmful at all, and if you come we’ll call it even. Be here by 12 noon. See you then!”

He sounded way too awake for 3 in the morning… An avid manipulator, you somehow always had managed to find a way around getting a job, whether it be mooching off of your friends (as in the case of Ronike), or getting someone else to simply do the work for you. Of course, when they call in the favors, that’s when your problems start. For once though, this sounded like a pretty O.K deal to you. As you drift back to sleep, you decide to head in at a more reasonable hour…

9 hours later…
You arrived at the testing facility, having just woken up a mere 20 minutes ago. Ronike comes up to you and begins explaining the test to you:

“Basically, you will be given a pill containing a sentient substance, code named Panacea. It is dormant in the pill, but upon entering the intestine, we will expose you to a negligible amount of radiation that will awaken Panacea. From there, Panacea will make its way from your intestine to your brain and fix your problem. So far, we have had a 100% success rate. We think this could be even more powerful than stem cells.”

Curious, you asked why it hadn’t been released to the public yet if it was all that and a bag of chips:

“I assure you we have our reasons, but it is nothing to worry yourself with. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that you swear looks like some kind of mind control ray descends from the ceiling. When the tip started glowing green, you were afraid you were right.

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released.

Note to self, never borrow money from Ronike again… That hurt…

Seconds after walking into your home, you got a phone call.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You have no idea what’s going on, but you comply and head on back.

Role Summary:
You are Rockin. You can’t stand to do work for yourself, so you can never make the hammer vote. Other than that, you are a [color=”green”]vanilla townie
through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

[/COLOR]

KevinM’s Role:

Backstory:

All your life, you’ve tried to live your simple life. Get up, go to work, hit the bars, get women, go home. Rinse, lather repeat. Course, this never actually happened. Sure, the first three things would work out great, but as soon as the women saw your tiny ****, well, drunken women are rather shallow.

Well, that time is over!

You found yourself in front of a clinic in the middle of town. A random chick you had almost nailed had mentioned it to you in her drunken stupor, so you decided to give it a try. After all, its not like it could get any smaller, and it was a free test, what could possibly go wrong? You called the number she left you and they told you to be there today, twenty minutes ago…

You enter the facility to find a fairly moderate size group being talked at by a group of scientists. One of the scientists not currently engaging in the lecture came over to you:

“About time you showed up. KevinM, right? Let me explain to you how this will work. Basically, you will be given a pill containing a sentient substance, code named Panacea. It is dormant in the pill, but upon entering the intestine, we will expose you to a negligible amount of radiation that will awaken Panacea. From there, Panacea will make its way from your intestine to your brain and fix your problem. So far, we have had a 100% success rate. We think this could be even more powerful than stem cells.”

This doesn’t sound exactly what I need…

You express your doubts to the scientist.

“Oh, don’t worry, we’ve found that the drug even works to correct physical impairments. We think Panacea actually delves into your mind and fixes what YOU think is your biggest problem. Now please head into the chamber with the others. Oh, and don’t forget to take this.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. Some kind of phallic… metallic… death ray thing descends from the ceiling. When the tip started glowing green, you started wondering about that “negligible amount of radiation”.

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released, with a good 4” added on. You couldn’t believe how great the world seemed all of the sudden. You were about to head to a bar to test out your new found “longevity”, but your phone started ringing not 20 minutes after you left the facility.

Role:
You are KevinM. I like to make fun of you a bit… in case you hadn’t noticed. Sorry, but you set me up too perfectly. Anyways, you tend to be a little short tempered with those who have different views than you and new players. Therefore, every ingame day, you must put down at least three different players, giving priority to the above conditions when possible. Besides that though, you are a [color=”green”]vanilla townie

This restriction in particular failed. Couldn't really check it as it was too broad, and it was too small for those who were supposed to notice to notice[/COLOR]

Nick’s Role:

Ah the life of a experimental procedure fun evaluator. It may not always be fun, but it is always interesting. You’ve done everything from evaluate how much fun a monkey has typing randomly on a typewriter, to evaluate the fun of the monkeys placed into space. Actually, now that you think about it, this is the first job where you actually are evaluating the fun of people instead of monkeys.

Huh, I guess I should have checked the species before I signed up for this job… Well, a paycheck’s a paycheck. I just hope they don’t expect me to participate…

Later:

Curious as to why you had to participate in the testing again, you once again tried to weasel yourself out of the test. But to no avail:

“I assure you we have our reasons, but it is nothing to worry yourself with, and the procedure is completely harmless. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that looked like the M.S.R* you had just seen tested a month ago descends from the ceiling. When the tip started glowing green, you were afraid you were right.

10 hours of “mild discomfort”, testing, and reporting later, you were released $10,000 heavier. You still didn’t quite understand why you had to partake in the testing, but it was the most money you had made for so short a time in a while, so you weren’t complaining too much.

You got home pretty early and sat down on the couch to watch your favorite Soap rerun:

“Charles you don’t understand, the baby I carry isn’t yours, its your… WE INTERRUPT YOUR REGULAR BROADCAST TO BRING YOU THIS IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE! A man has just been found dead in his home after seemingly suffocating on green jelly. More on this story as it devearuuuupppppssssssssssss…”

The noise became completely incomprehensible, as the screen of you television seemed to melt off. You jumped back in shock, only for the nearby plant you inadvertently looked at burst into flames! Even more surprised, you quickly got a fire extinguisher and put the flames out. You sat to contemplate what had just happened.

First, my television melts for no apparent reason, then when I look at my plants, they spontaneously combust. There is only one logical explanation: I must have heat vision!

As soon as you reached this ridiculous conclusion, your phone began to ring.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You wondered if perhaps this had to do with your newfound powers, but you comply and head on back.
*Monkey Splatter Ray

Role:

You are Nicholas…numbers. You have developed the ability of heat vision! You can use this once nightly to burn one player to a crisp (read, kill). However, this ability has given rise to a bit of a Superhero complex in you. You feel you are superior to the average human now, and that you need to protect those who are weak. However, you fear others may have developed powers as well, and that they might grow to become your “Supervillains”. To prevent this, you have decided to kill anyone with a super power before anyone will leave.

Essentially, you are a [color=”green”]town vigilante
, but with a bit of a [color=”purple”]twist[/color]. You win with the town, however, all the power roles need to be gone for you to win. If the mafia is eliminated, and you as well as other power roles remain, the game will continue until either all the power roles are gone besides you, or you die. I recommend you use your powers carefully.

What background did he have to get this role? Uh... Um... errr.... Well actually I wrote this one up before I came up with the idea to them gaining their particular powers due to their backstories, and didn't feel like rewriting and sending it, so yeah/[/COLOR]
Riddle’s Role:

Backstory:

It sucked being partially illiterate. You barely could read books, couldn’t read the newspaper, none of it. All because your eyes skipped over words. At first, you tried little things, but it never seemed to work (you so totally are not Hooked on Phonics). When you told a doctor about your condition, they ran a few tests, and lo and behold, you had brain scarring. The doctors were not sure what caused it, nor how the scarring caused you to have what they called “Hyper Dyslexia”, but they could tell you that your only chance of being bale to read properly was an experimental drug. The doctor gave you the address of the testing facility, and told you to be there right… about… now.
Now

You entered the facility, low in spirits, and high in nerves. Inside, you found a few people getting talked at by a couple of scientists. One of the scientists that wasn’t busy doling out a lecture came over to you and started explaining the test to you.

I don’t give a rat’s *** about any of that, I just wanted to be able to read!

The scientist must have been an accomplished mind reader, cause she read read your mind! Or noticed the bored look on your face. One of the two.

“Just take the pill and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others, ok?”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that you swear looks like those laser cannons you see in Saturday morning cartoons descends from the ceiling in the center of the room. You began to wish you had been listening to the scientist when the tip begins glowing green.

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And you couldn’t be happier with the results. After the test, a scientist had handed you the days newspaper to read, and you had happily discovered you could read (that **** Farve!) You were heading home to finally play some mafia on Smashboards, when you received a phone call:

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You had no idea what was going on, but you comply and head on back.

Role:

You are Riddle! Due to being overjoyed at being able to read for the first time in your life, you read books voraciously. Its become so ridiculous, often times you have difficulty separating reality from fantasy and find yourself talking about whatever book you are reading. Therefore, at least every 1 out of 3 posts you make must include a reference and/or quote from a book. You are a thoroughly boring [COLOR=”Lime”]vanilla townie

His restriction was eliminated night 1 by Jungle[/COLOR]

Karthik King’s Role:

Backstory:

The aliens are coming! Why can’t they see that? Why can’t I see it?! It doesn’t matter though, they are coming, and they are going to take over! Why doesn’t anyone believe you? Well, at least some people believe you. They are taking you right now to a facility, where they are going to give you a pill to enhance your brain, so you can fight the aliens with nothing but your mind! You just really wish they would let you out of this jacket. It’s really uncomfortable! You can’t move your arms of anything! One of the fellow believers handed you a pill and started telling you things:

“This pill will amplify your brain waves. Once you take it, the aliens will no longer be able to read your mind. In addition, we are going to fire radiation at you and a few others to give you super powers so you can fight on equal footing. Well, are you ready Karthik?”

You nod, and the man directs you into a large chamber that looks like the hanger for a UFO. A large device that you swear looks an alien laser cannon descends from the ceiling in the center of the room. Suddenly, you realize, the “fellow believers” wear the same clothes as the aliens. They are going to take control of your mind!

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And finally sane again. No more thoughts of aliens, or… what were you just doing? Your phone rings.

Maybe they have some answers!

You enthusiastically pick it up, only to have an unpleasant surprise.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.”

O.k, gotta remember, gotta remember, go back to the facility. Maybe they can help me…

(Noraml Backstory)

Since you are crazy, you didn’t get a bit of the normal backstory, which is a bit important. Here’s what you missed:

Role:

You are the King of Karthiks! The testing made you develop a short term memory loss. Therefore, if you do not post at least once between every vote count, you will forget who you are (aka BE REPLACED). In addition, you must make a contributing post once every 72 hours in order to harden your resolve to remember what is going on. I will judge what is contributing or not, but needless to say, anything along the lines of "IM PSTNG OS I DNT GTE REPLECED LOLOL" will not count. If you are in doubt whether or not it counted, you may pm or aim me and ask, but if you doubt it counts, you should just try to contribute more. Other than that, you are a [color=”GREEN”]Vanilla Townie!

Oh... Karthik I apologize for getting pissed at you about not sending me something to say, I never actually sent you that. Totally my bad. Anyways, this one was particularily fun to write, and you did WAY better than I expected KK. Good job![/COLOR]

Mentos’ Role:

Superaids. What else do I have to say? Every morning you wake up and find yourself in an existential quandary full of loathing and self-doubt and wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence. There was no way out of it. You would die an early, painful, virgin death, having not left the hospital since you entered it that fateful day. Or would you? Recently, there had been whispers of a miracle “cure-all” drug on the horizon. Today you finally worked up the courage to ask your doctor about it.

“Well, I don’t want to get your hopes up too much, but there is a new drug going through testing that has had good results so far. Do you want me to sign you up for it?”
The Next Day

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that you swear looks like those death rays that expels the superaids virus in Bond movies. Of course, your humorous thoughts of the device end when the tip begins glowing green.

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And you couldn’t be happier with the results. For the first time in 5 years, you were rid of T3H SUPERAIDS!!!

Awesome! Now I can go to a bar and actually pickup a woman! The “near death” line always works, right?
Two hours later.

Of course, right when things were finally going your way, the phone started to ring.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.” You had no idea what was going on, but you comply and head on back, cursing your terrible luck.

Roles:

You are Mentosman8! You are an experienced mafia player, but you take it a lot less seriously than some members (*cough* meandkevinm *cough*). Therefore, whenever you make a vote, you must make a joke about it. Other than that, you are a boring, [COLOR=”Lime”]Vanilla Townie

[/COLOR]

Frozenflame’s Role:

Backstory:

I can’t believe they wouldn’t even let me keep my mirrors! I mean, I understand the whole ‘giving up of possessions thing, but that? How could they expect me not to not look at myself for all of eternity?

So went your thoughts on your way down a steep, cold mountain in that forsaken country. All throughout your life, you had considered yourself something less than a saint among men, too beautiful to be one of them, but too morally inept to actually be anything angelic. So you decided to join a monastery in an attempt to make your insides as beautiful as your outsides.

So much for that though… Guess the world will just have to be happy with a beautiful outside! Well, besides that hand… I don’t think it’s supposed to be black like that… What if I have to get it amputated?! Oh, please God, no! Anything but that! Anything!!!

1 month later…

”Yeah, yeah, that’s great and all, but is it going to regrow my hand? I mean, it’s a great story for the ladies and all, but I just look… incomplete… Will this fix it?”

“Sir, stem cells could replace your hand in large enough quantities, and Panacea is 100 times more powerful. All you have to do is concentrate on your hand, and the substance will fix it. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that was shiny enough to see your self in descends from the ceiling…

Man, I’m just TOooOoOoOO pretty! Seriously!

The scientist in the background said something about mild discomfort, but who cares?..

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And what the hell? You went into the building with a beautiful voice, just like your face and flowing red hair, but you came out looking like an average Joe!

That stupid test didn’t even cure my frostbite! God **** stupid **** **** son of a ***** hell **** **** ***** **** **** ****… I really need to calm down…

You headed home to get back your level head. Upon arriving, you immediately get into the ever-clichéd meditation pose you learned in the mountains that caused this problem and began the process of calming down.

Well, if there was one thing those monks were good for, it was teaching me how to calm… somethings different

And indeed it was. For the first time, you could actually sense the Chi those stuffy old monks were talking about. Not in the 5 years you spent there had you ever truly understood them as they talked about the ever flowing lifestream that surrounded every living thing. For once, something was actually more beautiful than you.

Yeah, but not if those scientists hadn’t messed me up…

Speak of the devil, your phone chose just then to go off.

“This is the Panacea testing facility. Complications have arisen, you need to come back immediately. If you are not back in an hour, you will be forcibly returned.”

God **** it, just as I was calming down. Guess I’ll just have to try this some more later at the facility.

You get up and head to the center.

Role:

You are Frozenflame, expert mafia player of Smashboards! In the game however, you are the [color=”Lime”]humble cop
that stole absolutely no lines or inspiration from Zelos Wilder of Tales of Symphonia. Every night, you may send me the name of someone, and I will tell you if there is anything irregular with their “Chi”, as in if it is good or bad. Your ability will always return the truth.

Once again, I would like to note, this role is totally not ripped off of Zelos from Tales of Symphonia. Which coincidently will likely be the theme for my next mafia when I get there. If you haven't played it, go play it. Now. Seriously, its SO good.[/COLOR]

SwordsRbroken’s Role:

All your life, you had been outshone by your brother, Nick. You get a job as a program evaluator; he gets a job as a fun evaluator. You get a job checking on the space shuttle, he gets a job evaluating how well monkeys can handle space travel. He just always did better than you. And you were sick of it. You needed to find a way to get one over on him for once. And who knows, maybe today was your chance?

Your brother and your brother had both been assigned to oversee a program testing an experimental drug. You didn’t really care about the drug, you just wanted to show everyone, your brother included, that you could do a better job than him. And today was your big day

You arrived at the testing center, only to discover your brother already there. Of course, being the inconsiderate jerk that he was, he never noticed you and probably never would.

Whatever, just another thing to rub in his face tomorrow.

One of the scientists quickly approaches you and starts explaining the test to you:

Curious as to why you had to participate in the testing, you tried to weasel yourself out of the test. But to no avail:

“I assure you we have our reasons, but it is nothing to worry yourself with, and the procedure is completely harmless. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large device that looked like some kind of cool ray gun your brother might get to test out descends from the ceiling. When the tip started glowing green, you were afraid you were right.

10 hours of “mild discomfort”, testing, and reporting later, you were released $10,000 heavier. You now didn’t mind so much, after all when was the last time

You blacked out.

You woke up to find yourself in your car, covered in what seemed to be green jelly, listening to a news report on the radio.

A man has just been found dead in his home after seemingly suffocating on green jelly. More on this story as it develops. We now return you to your regularily scheduled programming.

All of the sudden you remembered. This “green jelly” looked a lot like the Panacea you had taken earlier.

But, I couldn’t have taken that man’s life, could I have?

You could and you did.

You chose to ignore the voice in your head for now, but what about this… jelly? Suddenly, it was gone.

Absorbed into your body, for later use. Now, are you ready to listen to me?

Something felt wrong about this… But hey, why not talk to the voice at this point…

Who are you?

More like what. I am the Panacea sent into your body. I went to your brain, and found your deepest desire: to outdo everyone. And I am here to give you the power to do that.

Your phone interrupted the voice in your head.

Go. I will explain on the way.

Role:

As you know, you are SwordsRbroken. Your deepest desire was to gain the power to outdo your brother. And now you have it. You will find that you are able to produce a limitless supply of my particular breed of Panacea. By leaving a small trace of this on anyone you so choose, you will find them much more accepting of anything you tell them to do or think. Think of it as a mind control of sorts. You also can absorb the Panacea, which will make it hard for anyone to trace the activity back to you. And that’s about all I have for you. Good luck.

Basically, you are the lone mafia recruiter. You start out small, but you will quickly gain ground on the town. Every night, send me one name, and that person will be recruited to your cause. You gain the abilities of anyone you recruit. You may choose any way to communicate with them you want. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Blazer’s then Gheb's Role:

You’re bored. Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored. Pretty much the “usu” though. Ever since your dog had died a year ago, there just had been this huge, gaping hole in your life. No matter what you did, you were always missing her. You couldn’t get your mind off of it. The doctors told you that you just had depression, and that it would pass in a while. They occasionally gave you drugs for it, but nothing seemed to help. They said this was normal when you lost someone you loved, and that you just had to go through the stages of letting go. But this had gone on long enough. A friend of yours had told you of a test that could heal anything, even psychological problems.

It couldn’t hurt I guess… But if this doesn't go well… I may as well go join my best friend…

You walked into the testing facility, prepped for the failure with your pistol in your coat pocket. One of the scientists walked up to you and started explaining the test to you.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just what do I have to do to be done with this?

“Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people. A large laser cannon descends from the ceiling and begins glowing green.

If only I had been able to stop her from dying, this wouldn’t be happening

8 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And you couldn’t be happier with the results. For once, you were actually happy! Finally, it felt as if the hole had finally been filled. You were heading home to cleanse your home of memories, when you saw someone being mugged. For some reason you couldn’t quite comprehend, you felt compelled to try to save the “mugee”. You got out of the car, and started over to the man, thinking of nothing less than preventing this man from being killed. But you were too late. The mugger went in to stab the man with his knife.

Then nothing. No scream of pain, no sound of the bullet breaking the victim’s flesh, nothing. It was as if the knife had just dissolved. And as you looked back at the mugging, you saw that was just what had happened. And it was then that you knew, somehow instinctually, that you had the power to save people from fatal attacks. Just then, your phone rang.

You didn’t know what the deal was, but it sounded serious. You swore then and there, if you could some how help, you would.

Role:

You are Gheb_01. You were recently grieving an unhealthy amount for your dog, so much so that you were ready to die to join her. But the experiment had healed your fierce depression, and now you had the power to protect someone from an attack each night. Every night, send me the name of one player you wish to protect and they will be protected from any attacks that night. Essentially, you are the town doctor.

Replace any mention of a girlfriend, and you get Blazer's role.

Junglefever’s Role:

Backstory:

You never had been the brightest light on the Christmas tree. One time, a friend had gotten you to sniff a pixi stick. Needless to say, you couldn’t really smell anything for a week. Another time, you had thrown a party at your job at the grocery store where you worked. Unfortunately your boss had come in that night. Of course, you were fired. It all could have been avoided if you just had remembered that your supervisor told you to leave the store unlocked for your boss… That was last night, and today you had blown all your money on Enron stock and now you had to pay the rent… Guess its time to enroll in an experimental procedure where the participants aren’t payed…

You walked into the facility, and a scientist walked over to you and started to explain the test to you.

You asked the Scientist when you would be compensated and how much, caring only about the money”

“Um, I don’t know who told you that, but we are not currently compensating test subjects. Sorry. Now if you would take Panacea and step into the radiation chamber with the 11 others.”

She hands you the biggest pill you have ever seen, and into the chamber you go. It’s large and looks like it was more fit for 100 people rather than 12. A large laser cannon descends from the ceiling and begins glowing green. That’s when you realized, the scientist told you that you wouldn’t be payed!

Why am I in this? I wish I could just destroy all the “Banesia” crap…

6 hours of “mild discomfort” and testing later, you were released. And no money whatsoever in your pocket. You only wished that you had read the fine print…

Well I guess it’s time to go drinkin then…

You headed home, only to stumble into the wrong home. And this terrible coincidence wouldn’t be complete without finding a dead man on the ground, covered in what appeared to be green jelly. You leaned down closer to get a closer look at the “jelly” only to realize something

Oh my god, Soylent Green was people! Also, I think this is that… uh, Sea a Pan or something… It’s really making a mess though…

As you reached down to pick up the Panacea, but as it touched your hand, it disappeared.

Um… what?

Just then, you realized your phone had been ringing for a good 5 minutes then.

You didn’t know what the deal was, but it sounded serious. You head on back.

Role:
You are Junglefever. You got a slightly less than awesome role late, as I kind of ran out of a better idea for this… At any rate, every night, you can send me the name of someone in the game, and any Panacea in that person’s system will be eliminated. What this does, you will have to figure out for yourself. I assure you though, it can do nothing but help. Basically, you are a mystery role townie!

Ronike

Smash Ace
Just Roles for those that don't want to read the 7000 words:

You are the Pirate King of Hell (aka Tom). You are extremely confident in everything that you do and feel that everyone should follow you too. As such, every day (in-game) you must vote at least once, and in addition someone must vote on the same person before you can change your vote. Other than that, you are a vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

You are the Marshy. You have an extreme reckless abandon for your own life, as well as the lives of others. Therefore, the first time someone reaches lynch-1, you must hammer them, no explanations or anything. If that person was a mafia member, your restriction remains, otherwise you will be so horrified by their death that you cannot vote the next day, but the day after your restriction will be removed. Other than that, you are a vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

You are Rockin. You can’t stand to do work for yourself, so you can never make the hammer vote. Other than that, you are a [color=”green”]vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

You are KevinM. I like to make fun of you a bit… in case you hadn’t noticed. Sorry, but you set me up too perfectly. Anyways, you tend to be a little short tempered with those who have different views than you and new players. Therefore, every ingame day, you must put down at least three different players, giving priority to the above conditions when possible. Besides that though, you are a [color=”green”]vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

This restriction in particular failed. Couldn't really check it as it was too broad, and it was too small for those who were supposed to notice to notice

You are Nicholas…numbers. You have developed the ability of heat vision! You can use this once nightly to burn one player to a crisp (read, kill). However, this ability has given rise to a bit of a Superhero complex in you. You feel you are superior to the average human now, and that you need to protect those who are weak. However, you fear others may have developed powers as well, and that they might grow to become your “Supervillains”. To prevent this, you have decided to kill anyone with a super power before anyone will leave.

Essentially, you are a [color=”green”]town vigilante, but with a bit of a [color=”purple”]twist[/color]. You win with the town, however, all the power roles need to be gone for you to win. If the mafia is eliminated, and you as well as other power roles remain, the game will continue until either all the power roles are gone besides you, or you die. I recommend you use your powers carefully.

You are Riddle! Due to being overjoyed at being able to read for the first time in your life, you read books voraciously. Its become so ridiculous, often times you have difficulty separating reality from fantasy and find yourself talking about whatever book you are reading. Therefore, at least every 1 out of 3 posts you make must include a reference and/or quote from a book. You are a thoroughly boring [COLOR=”Lime”]vanilla townie through and through. You win when all the mafia members are dead.

His restriction was eliminated night 1 by Jungle

You are the King of Karthiks! The testing made you develop a short term memory loss. Therefore, if you do not post at least once between every vote count, you will forget who you are (aka BE REPLACED). In addition, you must make a contributing post once every 72 hours in order to harden your resolve to remember what is going on. I will judge what is contributing or not, but needless to say, anything along the lines of "IM PSTNG OS I DNT GTE REPLECED LOLOL" will not count. If you are in doubt whether or not it counted, you may pm or aim me and ask, but if you doubt it counts, you should just try to contribute more. Other than that, you are a [color=”GREEN”]Vanilla Townie!

Oh... Karthik I apologize for getting pissed at you about not sending me something to say, I never actually sent you that. Totally my bad. Anyways, this one was particularily fun to write, and you did WAY better than I expected KK. Good job!

You are Mentosman8! You are an experienced mafia player, but you take it a lot less seriously than some members (*cough* meandkevinm *cough*). Therefore, whenever you make a vote, you must make a joke about it. Other than that, you are a boring, [COLOR=”Lime”]Vanilla Townie[/COLOR]

You are Frozenflame, expert mafia player of Smashboards! In the game however, you are the [color=”Lime”]humble cop that stole absolutely no lines or inspiration from Zelos Wilder of Tales of Symphonia. Every night, you may send me the name of someone, and I will tell you if there is anything irregular with their “Chi”, as in if it is good or bad. Your ability will always return the truth.

Once again, I would like to note, this role is totally not ripped off of Zelos from Tales of Symphonia. Which coincidently will likely be the theme for my next mafia when I get there. If you haven't played it, go play it. Now. Seriously, its SO good.

As you know, you are SwordsRbroken. Your deepest desire was to gain the power to outdo your brother. And now you have it. You will find that you are able to produce a limitless supply of my particular breed of Panacea. By leaving a small trace of this on anyone you so choose, you will find them much more accepting of anything you tell them to do or think. Think of it as a mind control of sorts. You also can absorb the Panacea, which will make it hard for anyone to trace the activity back to you. And that’s about all I have for you. Good luck.

Basically, you are the lone mafia recruiter. You start out small, but you will quickly gain ground on the town. Every night, send me one name, and that person will be recruited to your cause. You gain the abilities of anyone you recruit. You may choose any way to communicate with them you want. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

You are Gheb_01. You were recently grieving an unhealthy amount for your dog, so much so that you were ready to die to join her. But the experiment had healed your fierce depression, and now you had the power to protect someone from an attack each night. Every night, send me the name of one player you wish to protect and they will be protected from any attacks that night. Essentially, you are the town doctor.

You are Junglefever. You got a slightly less than awesome role late, as I kind of ran out of a better idea for this… At any rate, every night, you can send me the name of someone in the game, and any Panacea in that person’s system will be eliminated. What this does, you will have to figure out for yourself. I assure you though, it can do nothing but help. Basically, you are a mystery role townie!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Woo! Yay town!

Kind of a lame end though. Oh well. I guess it was a result of the PR killer's role though. Since he wins with the town anyway, doesn't it just make sense for him to suicide after the mafia was eliminated? I mean, he still would win technically. I guess he had the option of winning with the town normally, or getting a "super win" by sticking around and trying to off all of the PRs.

If he did fulfill his condition, would you have said it was an independent win or a town win though? Just curious, since the role wasn't exceptionally clear.

But other than that though, great work Ronike. Mad respect for all the effort you put in to this. =)

Ronike

Smash Ace
The living Vanilla town would have joint won with Nick. PRs and all dead would have lost.

Oh, and I would like to note, I hate you all for killing the recruiter day 1. The entire game was balanced around him. You broke it...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This game coud've been awesome. Not saying that it was bad but imo you shouldn't give the most important role to the least experienced player in a game like that - no offence to swords or Ronike but I think a lot of the game depended on it. I also disliked the lack of commitment of some players. It's obvious that you put a lot of effort into this game and it's not fair that inactivity and overall bad play made this game not quite as good as it could've been. I liked the game a lot but it had a lot more potential.

That said, I have to say that this town was horrible for the most part and only won because the scum side was inexperienced. No way that town would've won if the recruiter was a more experienced player.
The game was very good but many players dissapoint me.

:059:

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That said, I have to say that this town was horrible for the most part and only won because the scum side was inexperienced. No way that town would've won if the recruiter was a more experienced player.

Agreed. It's sad when KK makes more of an impact than Tom or Frozen.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like I'm being a bit unfair now though. Town won this, so I should probably be glad. I'm still disapointed, especially considering how my lynch happened.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Agreed. It's sad when KK makes more of an impact than Tom or Frozen.
Its interesting you say that, because KK did a great job, but you're absolutely wrong.

Frozenflame was the cop. If he had made a larger impact in the early Days, he would have become even more of a primary target to the mafia than he already normally is. If they thought Frozen was a threat, they would kill him, and we'd lose our cop.

KK dogged SwordsR's lynch, he got lynched, and then KK died. I literally could not vote SwordsR because of my voting restriction.

If KK had lived to Day 2, he probably would have been on the Gheb doc-mislynch, which I wasn't on.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

You know, I can't help but see this post in a very ignorant way.

I actually felt that town did a good job. Town, KevinM, Mentos, and FF have each done a good job and have contributed to the game as a whole. Not to mention they each had done some good scumhunted. Who are you to say otherwise?

Granted, I know I myself havn't done the best of jobs in terms of this game. I wish I'd done better, I know. Regardless, the other town members did a great job. A lot better then me.

As far as experience goes, there is no johns. Ronike clearly stated in the beginning of the thread that he is looking for experienced players and you, nick, and swordsRbroken were reccommanded even though each of you three only played one Mafia game. Again, no johns on experience.

If the Mafia players 'performed better,' then yeah, I can see Town having a tougher chance of winning. At the same time, even the best of people makes mistakes and if it's noticable, a town member will pounce on it.

I just want to say that you shouldn't be bad mouthing town. If you felt Town did bad, then say it, but also say some stuff that'll help improve town to be better. And if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it at all.

Top Bottom