• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ronike's Test Subject Mafia: Game's Over: Town Wins! Nick pulls a Hando

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just want to say that you shouldn't be bad mouthing town. If you felt Town did bad, then say it, but also say some stuff that'll help improve town to be better.
Do I really need to point out that hammering a Doc before he even gets to claim is bad play?

I got some nice things to say, I'll post them soon.

You got Ninjad btw

Edit @ Yedi: Good question, man. Good question.

:059:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Its interesting you say that, because KK did a great job, but you're absolutely wrong.
I heavily agree on this.

Out of all the townies in this game, KK stood out to me the most. He's improved more then I expected. I honestly thought he was a red herring or someone is gonna auto lynch cause of how he posts (considering they're scummy). But KK has really improved and I'm very glad to see that. I have new respect for KK now.

Congrats, KK ^_^

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That said, I have to say that this town was horrible for the most part and only won because the scum side was inexperienced. No way that town would've won if the recruiter was a more experienced player.
The game was very good but many players dissapoint me.
I missed this.

On Day 3, the Cop had 2 Innos, and he didn't investigate Nick who was the last "scum." This means that Cop didn't work against the inexperience of the scum, but he would have actually had those innos anyways. He had innos on Kevin and Tom. If the scum had been the most experienced players, it might have been Kevin or Tom. The scum might have also recruited Kevin or Tom. So the Cop did great already, and he would have still done just as great if the scum were more experienced.

Day 3, 8 people alive, with 1 cop + 2 innos = lynch pool of 5. We had like 2 mislynches left. Town could have still won easily on their own merits.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, here's the nice things and general stuff.

Swords - Bad luck for you. Don't worry, you'll improve soon enough. Nobody does an amazing job for the first time. Learn from your mistakes and you'll become a good player.

Kevin - you hammeeered me >_< My scumtells are ALWAYS accurate btw don't even try to discredit me or policy lynch me. Big mistake

Marshy - Probably the best in town once more. I hope I'll never have to face you when you're scum.

Tom - I wish you got around to contribute earlier - I wanted to play alongside you for once. Next time, hopefully.

Rockin - Sorry if I was being harsh to you.

Junglefever - Never got suspicious. Well played, sir.

Nick - You did pretty well. Keep in joining games!

Karthik_King - you didn't get to play a lot but you did well D1.

frozen_flame - good job as a cop. Staying silent and occasionaly post your thoughts. Smart investigation choices too.

Ronike - you put a lot of effort into the game, that deserves a lot of respect. For that alone, I wish there was more activity and commitment. It was a good game regardless. I'm looking forward to join more of your games - I hope it will be as creative as this one.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I missed this.

On Day 3, the Cop had 2 Innos, and he didn't investigate Nick who was the last "scum.".
It only worked out because the recruiter was dead at that point though. If a "confirmed" townie gets recruited then the same thing happens as in Potter Mafia.

I guess town wasn't as bad as I make it sound. I'm just really butthurt about my lynch >_<

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i read it, all it said was

these two arent doing anything

so i started doing something

i voted you :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
also, you really were only popping up when your name was called.

ive only seen you in spidey but you seemed to take up alot more in spidey than you did in this game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
also, you really were only popping up when your name was called.

ive only seen you in spidey but you seemed to take up alot more in spidey than you did in this game.
Everyone took up a lot more space in spidey. On the whole it was a ton more active.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Why was Gheb lynched? tl;dr please, i'm just curious.
- asked me to speak up early D2. Then 8 post later, agrees with Marshy that I should die even though I didn't answer him (tried to use the argument that I didn't answer his question, but couldn't cause he didn't give me enough time)

- Mixed up my words (wasn't sure if it was accidental or w/e at the time)

- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8502262&postcount=477

- http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8504104&postcount=484

In the end, KevinM accidently hammered cause I posted 3 minutes before he did. Had it would've been 4 votes, I'm sure Gheb would've claimed and most would've backed off. However, Marshy probably would've rode that lynch.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah I know nick, but even so, you literally disappeared. There were still thigns discussed and you disappeared.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Well whatever, you know your mistakes, so just learn from them the next game ^_^

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
It was... both annoying and ironic to have that brought up by someone who had less posts for the day than I did. :p

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Hahaha, sorta how i play though, so it's not out of hte ordinary for me.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, so I was skimming the thread pretty much the whole time, but I guess I should still put my two cents in on how you did:

Tom: I wish you could have been more active, your role restriction was incredibly fun to watch play out, but I understand the life excuses. Your scumdar seemed a little off, especially later on in the game, but again, I think this can be contributed to life getting more busy.

Marshy: You were crazy wagon happy to start, but that's also what got the swords wagon rolling cause he band wagoned you every time, so I can't really fault you there. You went on to make a bunch of accusations that would have made tons of sense were the game a normal one, which made sense after you told me you don't really read flavor. I think had you not been killed night 2, you prolly woulda done gotten nick lynched even faster then town managed to already, but stuff happens.

Rockin: Not the greatest game, eh man? You looked pretty scummy the whole game, had a few disappearing bits, and just generally seemed to be floundering about. It was pretty inactive a lot of the time though, so I guess I can't fault you TOO much.

Gheb: Get off your high horse. You were acting high and mighty the whole game, especially day 2, even though this is essentially you're first full game HERE. I don't know about others, but personally when I see an arrogant n00b, I feel an irrepressible urge to chop you down a notch, which is also prolly part of the reason Omni has had to stop playing mafia. Plus, you weren't on the swords wagon, and you were on nick basically because you used Occam's razor to a ridiculous extent. So yeah, I dont blame town at all for lynching you, I would have likely done the same.

Jungle: Um, tbh never really saw anything by you that stuck out to me, so I dunno, step it up a bit I guess?

Mentos: Like just about everyone else, you had activity problems. You often stated it was because nothing is going on. If nothing is going on, make something happen! Go in a new directions that hasn't been taken before. If you reached a dead end in a maze, would you stay there and wait for a guide to come around to show you a different path? No, you would keep doing trial and error.

Riddle: You were the only one I think to get three points, so more activity would have been nice. I'm really sad that jungle negated your restriction as it was one of the more interesting ones. Other than that, try not to ride on others coattails to much, but at the same time other peoples ideas aren't neccesarily bad. You just have to balance the two a bit better.

Nick: You did pretty good except for the last day and your kill choices. You managed to escape the whole "brothers" thing quite nicely and I honestly could have seen you winning had you played a bit differently. First of all, you don't want to just kill everyone just because they were suspicious of you. This is O.K maybe once or twice in a game, but doing it every night is just obvious. You should have instead been going off the odd lurkers and people that seemed to have no restriction as that signified that they had a power role. Well, at least more than just because they suspected you. Also, why did you say how you killed people? There was no way out of it once you did that... And the self-hammer. Just don't

Swords: You were inactive. You were stupid about your claim. You buddied far too much with your buddy. But its your first game, and I apologize for the random number generator handing you prolly the hardest d1 role. In case anyone's wondering BTW, IIRC mac was supposed to have his role before he backed out.

Kevin: Probably the only reason the game was alive half the time. Out of the big four (Tom, Kev, FF, Marshy), you prolly had the most significant and visible impact on the game, and usually for the better. However, once again the shoot first ask questions later mentality hurt you as you hammered gheb even before he could claim. Patience my friend, patience.

FF: Even tho I don't think your inactivity was to offput people from killing you, it still did that job very nicely. I think you played the role in a very good way, and its a way I will certainly be remembering. Other than that, just be more active next time.

KK: You did way better than I could have even hoped for. Its just a shame you were killed so early... Keep it up tho!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
glad you randomized roles. i think most mods would see a new player given the hard role then switch it to an experienced player which i consider kinda lame. usually don't like roles that switch alignments but it's cool since swords was lynched day 1. also i loved my restriction and was looking forward to coming out of nowhere and hammering people which nearly happened d1 with my wagon. yay town

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.....I liked the official role idea myself, just got killed before i was able to use it.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Congrats nick! you pulled a more incompetent than hando thing! YOU GOT THE INCOMPETENCE AWARD!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ronike said:
Kevin: Probably the only reason the game was alive half the time. Out of the big four (Tom, Kev, FF, Marshy), you prolly had the most significant and visible impact on the game, and usually for the better. However, once again the shoot first ask questions later mentality hurt you as you hammered gheb even before he could claim. Patience my friend, patience.
*cleans smoking gun off*

Sorry dude I missed that what did you say?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
My activity level for honestly all of this group of games was below what I would have liked. Lot's of stuff in real life mixed with the strong inactivity we dealt with made it so there wasn't much discussion to add on to, and I didn't have a whole lot of time to try and spark something big up. I did strike up some conversation D2 pushing Nick a bit(should have pushed him longer, probly could have won this on D2), and me and Frozen's back and forth led to a lot of the discussion that led to the Nick lynch.

Also, Nick, I didn't ignore your large post, it just seemed scummy to me. Essentially, it said "Hey, I know I only have a couple more posts than either of these guys, but they're inactive and haven't helped much and are probably scum." I think if you had been more active when you weren't directly called out it may have been a solid argument, but given your play it was a "Well, I've done this too, but ignore that fact and look at these others." If you had flipped town, I would have given it a lot more thought, but at the time it was just adding to my feeling of scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I forgot about you, mentos. You played really well D3 and ensured our victory. Good stuff.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh, also, although some of you never found this out, anyone that received a prod had to post within a day or receive a second prod. This worked nicely in getting people to post (the only one I ever had to give a second prod due to this was Frozen), so I highly encourage any mod having activity problems to employ this strategy.

Riddle

Smash Lord
BTW Ronike, I didn't get 3 points due to inactivity. I only got prodded once, my other two points were for editing a post and for forgetting about my restriction.

Top Bottom