• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roman's doc - New Vids up as of 2-19-09

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
i just want everyone to watch this match vs a mewtwo

here's the link, it's on the first post too
Woooow Up-B KO @_@

Yo Roman, I have no idea what to say to those vids-- I almost never run up against mewtwo and almost never have problems with them. I think i'll have to comment on your play in general. Your tech is getting TIGHT man; alot better than when I saw you in October, and even then I was impressed (I believe my exact words were "Aww yeaaa, love that ****!"). Anyway, uair to Fair combo looked -nice-; that was some good DI reading, also your style seems to be getting pretty heavy-pressure, though that may just be what was appropriate considering what you were up against. Your pillgame was also right-on; still somewhat sparing, but very well used, no doubt. Point being, your Doc is tight, man, keep up the good work and I hope to see you soon (especially now that I'm back in CT @@)

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I wish I could, man. I'm back at school for the time being and have mad classes on wednesdays (epic fail).

Let's keep in touch, though, and hopefully we can chill at some upcoming tourney when I have less crap to do.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
OMGosh...that uair cancel to uair!!! ; beautiful!!!!!!! Must inform my Dr.Mario friend who has no SWF account and should to make his Doc better by your Doc wisdoms'!!!

PS:Should I force him or persuade him enough to make one? He could get a ton better if he made one but I won't be motivated unless you guys tell me to make him create a smashboards account!!!

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I feel like if Smashboards were real life, I'd start giving The Phenom Snickers bars...

Spife

Smash Master
I feel like if Smashboards were real life, I'd start giving The Phenom Snickers bars...
It's sounds like you've read one tomany TP and roman. posts that were right next to eachother.

If Smash Boards were real life I wouldn't be posting I'd be playing all of you...I think I just orgasmed thinking about every smashers (melee'r >.>) in one room...playable.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Yo Roman-san

Again, your tech looks ill, man. Tastefully so, though. I dont see anything too excessive-though I think you used DJ aerials a mite too much for playing against a marth on yoshi's story. He didn't punish, but I think thats more your friend's fault. You were just doing that in range of a potentially godawful marthage, which may or may not have screwed you over. Your spacing and timing are pretty sweet; you really took control there, and while your marth friend seemed to have pretty good tech himself, it didn't really help him much. BEAUTIFUL situational edgeguard punishing in the first/second stock of the (first) match? I liked it. Also, good use of pills, especially on a stage where it's hard to do without getting rushed.

Second match, oohhhhhh snap your wavegrabs are -tight-! That's probably my favorite thing to use against marths and yo made it beautiful. Again, pretty good use of spacing, though it looked like for at least some of the match your friend had you with that. I might have suggested more liberal use of pills on a stage like that (with more space, room to get away and pill more); not that it would have ****ed up the marth much, or hit him at all, but at least it pressures him so you can keep spacing/attacks more covert. You didn't seem to need it, though, but maybe against a tighter, more doc-wise marth.

Anyway, i reiterate my initial statements from seeing your doc for the first time at XIISTICLE

"I LOVE THAT ****!"

Forcystus

Smash Apprentice
@Roman- you have incredible WD skills, my hat off for you sir. But use more pills they're handy nd eveything elven wrote...

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Roman. There is a 95% chance that I'm going to MM14, and a 90% chance that I'm bringing my crew.

Let us play some Doc/doc teams in friendlies? plz?

Also: TEACH ME YOUR EPIC UP-B CANCELIN' WAYS

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and as for random advice, because I think I kinda neglected to criticize and only praised you, I'd say you might want to interchange some of your SHFFL'd-aerial-into-utilts into SHFFL'd aerial-into-jabs. I saw a few opportunities in a row where a jab would have been a beautiful setup for a grab or something else, but instead you utilted, lost the spacing advantage/missed, and then missed the opportunity. Word.

Roman.

Smash Champion
personally it's situational

if you mean an aerial into a shield sometimes a jab can interrupt a shieldgrab but a lot of times people jump oos and an utilt will intercept that

if you mean an aerial that hits well i do normally jab except at low% i like to utilt so i don't get CCed or ting jabs

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Word, sounds good to me.

A random question, though--how do you edit the title of a thread? I've been meaning to update the title on mine, and can't figure it out for the life of me.

otg

Smash Master
You have to click the side of the thread name itself. I know thats weird to explain, but look at the General Doc discussion thread right now for where to click it.

Edit:

feel me? I'm going to change it back after you see this.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
you could also click the edit button on the actual post and change the title.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Lawl, thanks amigos. I think my problem was I didn't have the advanced post settings turned on. Appreciate the help. Gonna stop spamming in Roman's thread now.

ROMAN RULZ

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Woooow Up-B KO @_@

Yo Roman, I have no idea what to say to those vids-- I almost never run up against mewtwo and almost never have problems with them. I think i'll have to comment on your play in general. Your tech is getting TIGHT man; alot better than when I saw you in October, and even then I was impressed (I believe my exact words were "Aww yeaaa, love that ****!"). Anyway, uair to Fair combo looked -nice-; that was some good DI reading, also your style seems to be getting pretty heavy-pressure, though that may just be what was appropriate considering what you were up against. Your pillgame was also right-on; still somewhat sparing, but very well used, no doubt. Point being, your Doc is tight, man, keep up the good work and I hope to see you soon (especially now that I'm back in CT @@)
Yeah Roman is getting good. He and his friends try to make me play a lot more than I used to, which is good because they are getting pretty ****. I happen to live in Boston btw if your looking for someone to play.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
I like your Doc. You definitely know what you're doing.

My only advice is to vary up your getup from the ledge. In some of these matches you just did the same thing over and over (like ledgehopped dair). Doc has a good ledgedash. Don't use it sparingly. It's one of your best options.

Anyway, just change things up. You had a tendency to ftilt a lot vs. spacies (meh, in edgeguarding that's fine, I guess). It is a good move, but just like any move, overused it will get read and you'll take a lot of damage from punishment. Yea, that's all I really have for you.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Roman is getting good. He and his friends try to make me play a lot more than I used to, which is good because they are getting pretty ****. I happen to live in Boston btw if your looking for someone to play.
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets do this, in all seriousness. Not enough boston peeps.

I go to school in CT (which is why I keep seeing Roman >.>) but I'll be home from March 6-22nd or so, so let me know if you'll be around anytime therein. We can totally get crews together and... yeah.

Top Bottom