• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoM4 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Durr hurr! Derp derp derp! Durr derp! Derp hurr! Durr hurr hurr!
:embarrass: Well its screwed things up in the past.

Too bad for Over not doing well at this. I hope Ice understands how strong the competition is if he makes it for Apex.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Shoutouts to the ROM 4 Stream

Despite tons of technical issues with having to stream from a shaky cell phone connection (the venue has no internet), was still more of a stream than ROM has ever had in the past, and I hope we can get it better and better and each one!

Some statistics:

Over 38,341 chat messages posted throughout the weekend
Average of 435 concurrent viewers (complete average throughout all of Sunday)
Peak of 756 viewers at once
4,136 hours of video viewed over the weekend
2,947 unique viewers on Sunday alone
8,376 total video views on Saturday and Sunday
At one point we were the 6th most watched stream on Twitch TV

And remember, this is all on the low quality stream on a cell phone, on the same weekend as the MLG Championships streaming, on a non-partner account.

Imagine what we'll get in the future with a full HD stream, with a partner account coming soon to get it on the front page of Twitch TV, not MLG weekend, and more! I'm working on upgrading my equipment for streaming as much as possible. Looking to get an HD Video Encoder soon, and should be getting my own 4G phone with unlimited data in the next month or two. I also have my partner application submitted for Twitch and am hoping for the best for that to get you guys better streams for all tournaments and events.

Sorry I couldn't actually be at the tournament to stream myself, but I helped all I could from home. I was planning on going, but I forgot until a couple weeks ago that my mom's birthday was today, and she would kill me if I missed it for a tournament lol.

In the future I'm gonna try all I can to be at the next ROM, and if you caught Alex Strife's quick news reveal on the stream: We're going to be taking our Melee Only and Brawl Only events Zenith and Clash of the Titans and team up to provide two new separate tournaments (one for each series) to be held in NJ in Q2 2012, where you can expect top competition, top stream, top everything!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Shoutouts to the ROM 4 Stream

Despite tons of technical issues with having to stream from a shaky cell phone connection (the venue has no internet), was still more of a stream than ROM has ever had in the past, and I hope we can get it better and better and each one!
The RoM2 Stream was slightly better iirc

but there's a chance you were responsible for that stream as well lol

just wanted to point that out though

not complaining

promise

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh there was a ROM 2 stream? My bad, didn't know. I heard there wasn't a stream for any ROM yet except for the audio only stream at ROM 3.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Oh, man! I really wanted Over to perform much better than he did! However, him being seeded right next Mango within a couple of rounds was overlooked by the TOs!
I'm not sure if that was really a mistake. Coming into this Over probably just wasn't a seeded player. There wasn't really a concrete way to grasp his skill level. Sucked playing Mango so early, but perhaps him loosing to DJ Nintendo right after shows that it was appropriate.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
very good games overall despite the somewhat laggy stream.

thank you chibo / anyone involved for setting it. i hope you guys get what you need from twitch.tv.

for those who missed it, darrel vs m2k match II was one of my favorites. you guys should check that **** out.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
If this tourney proved anything

it's that mango is still in a tier by himself above the rest of the top players when he actually puts his heart into this game.

kinda scary. good **** to everyone, stream monstering was fun :)

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't stay until the end yesterday because there's school today and it would have finished at something like 6:30 haha.

Thanks for the stream anyway, I enjoyed watching doubles on it.

And props to Mango. I can't wait for the videos.

Beat!

Smash Master
Awesome stuff. Really debating whether I should watch the recorded stream immediately or be patient and wait for the youtube vids.

Beat!

Smash Master
Yeah, I know, and that's what my sense is telling me to do. Unfortunately, I'm feeling extremely impatient, so this could prove to be a battle of minds.

Beat!

Smash Master
One of you is from Spain, and the other is from NJ. Did you really expect to share the same views regarding Tec0 and Over?

lol

Pi

Smash Hero
yea what's really great is how over really hyped himself up and talked all this ish about being so good and then he gets put in his place!

oh wait I don't think he did any of that.

Beat!

Smash Master
Not gonna lie, I really thought he'd put in work, especially after watching those Day 1 matches. Kinda curious to see the games vs DJN.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's possible that Over is really bad against Fox. I remember M2K saying that Over really dislikes the Fox MU and that's part of why he used Fox against him at Pound 4 despite M2K's own personal distaste of the MU.

edit:

I mean, I just never hear about him putting in work against Fox (I am 100% open to the idea that I am extremely ignorant to his tournament placings & data, mostly because I've seen him at two tournaments ever and otherwise get information from a small portion of the grapevine). When I hear news from him, it's always like, "OMG Over's PS game is so good you can't even camp him with Falco!", or "OMG Over beat Amsah in Sheik dittos!", or "M2K didn't go Sheik at Pound 4 because he got 3-stocked in Sheik ditto friendlies but won with Marth so he had more confidence with Marth", etc. Sheik dittos & Falco; heck, even Puff sometimes. But never Fox.

I was personally hoping he was gonna get to play PP at some point (and go far in the bracket) so I could shamelessly steal from him but alas I have to wait I guess.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
I saw the set, and it is simply awful. Apart from the suicides, he didn't look on point or was nervous. DJN played really patient instead and capitalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom