• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RoM4 Info Dump!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Silent Swag for most improved player in a 6 month period EVER.

Da ****. I ain't even salty.

But srsly u gon get ***** next time.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Yea man it's not like New York has ever had fighting game tournaments with proper streams.
Can't tell if trolling or just ign'ant..

NYC has like the most famous FGs streamster in Sp00ky. Of course he's got high-end equipment, but I don't believe it's that much harder to get a good (big) venue w/ good internet in NYC more than in any other major city. Not saying it's easy (if you caught that, read again).

IMO, having a Livestream for an event such as ROM4 is very important at this point for the 'survival' of the game. It's suprising how a nice quality stream (w/ good picture quality, commentary [funny, informative, both], and talent display of course) can not only influence a player to pick up the game, but also reassure existing members of the community that their game is being cared about.

Truth is, a lot of smashers are turning to other games such as SF4 & MVC3. Seeing the streams, the sponsors, playercams, commentary cams, first-handedly witnessing/feeling the hype, that's what a true fanatic wants (and please don't give me the 'IF YOU WANNA FEEL IT, GO TO THE EVENT!!1' bull****, we all have reasons to not go to every tourney). It only took a few weeks watching SF events and I felt familiar with a scene I had no idea about. Melee, I feel like I still don't know these players. I started playing *after* MLG covered Melee and I feel I know that MLG period better than the actual.

It's not like players don't like the game anymore. I don't know what's up, if we're short on dedication, or maybe I'm wrong and people just don't care if they have a stream or not. But I think the 600+ ROM4 viewers means something.

tl;dr --*> Streaming is caring.

Editski: This is not a rant. Good work this weekend guys :D .

MasterShake

Smash Lord
He was being sarcastic. Nice semi-rant though mang, it's true our streaming is def not up to par, but we also survived this long without streams. I personally don't think it's a big deal either way.

Bing

Smash Master
Hmm, In the Cyrain and Tope vs. Hax and Jman.. the Ending of Game 1 was like WTF. Cyrain and Tope have a percentage lead last stock, then tope runs off the edge for the gimp and get ledge hogged by the guy he was trying to gimp and now its a 2 vs 1 on Cyrain

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
I didn't catch the darrell vs m2k match, but the best thing that I saw was mango's puff on brinstar. 9 kills LOOOOL.

TheLake

Smash Master
Teczero

I remember that set like it was yesterday

Silent swag and tec exchange looks

which is legit

then they start playing

first match was sheik vs GnW

teczero gets down throw to 9 hammer twice and takes 2 of swags stocks clean

and swag gets all up in tecs grill at this point

and he is all like "I AINT LOSIN TO NO ****ING GAME AND WATCH"

he loses

next game silent swag cp's roy against tecs gnw

tec simply nods out of respect and concedes the match before it starts knowing he is just gonna lose anways

third game is shiek dittos

came down to last stock

it was on peachs castle

tech zero uses the chain and knicks silent swag through the center pillar

silent swag sd's out of shame and humiliation

which is reasonable

i hope that answers your question cyrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom