• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 !! November 17-18 ! Road to Apex! NEW VENUE! Streamed by VGBootCamp!!

Vudujin

Smash Lord
So there I was minding my own business. . . . My car was changing lanes cause an ******* was riding me too close around an s bend. Then this deer; came out of nowhere, has the balls to TRIPLE WAIT into get dash attacked by my car. I'm fine, and my car just needs a new headlight/turn signal.

True story.

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I really wanted to be a part of the revival. . . 5

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I hope Kirbykaze manages to beat M2k in GFs.

Tink

Smash Hero
Standard DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to a stage they have won on.
DSR Modified: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
BOTHHH in the main topic, and dsrM is there only for bo5s like it is at EVERYYY DAMNNN tournament.....m2k got robbed.

seriously, some lame *** **** u cant bring up the topic and look 0_0....its clearly there.
complete hype killer.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Mew2King lost to a Fox for the first time forever! :D

Yay Unknown! <3

Abate

Smash Journeyman
Unknown should have questioned the rules before the 5th match.. it's not like he's new to tournaments.

I feel bad for m2k

Doser

Smash Ace
BOTHHH in the main topic, and dsrM is there only for bo5s like it is at EVERYYY DAMNNN tournament.....m2k got robbed.

seriously, some lame *** **** u cant bring up the topic and look 0_0....its clearly there.
complete hype killer.
General Rules

Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Double Blind*: If elected.
Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
Neutral Start*: If elected.
Standard DSR*
Gentleman’s Clause*
Forced Character Selection*: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

HELP! Tink is unable to read, and thinks that merely defining the difference between dsr and the modified dsr is actually the same as saying those are rules for the tournament. Most likely he just ctrl-f'd dsr and found the quickest thing.

JTsm

Smash Master
Why would you change the bracket well late into Winner Semi's? That should already be too late at that point. Your tourney, but things got really ****ed up.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
General Rules

Items are set to off.
Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
Double Blind*: If elected.
Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
Neutral Start*: If elected.
Standard DSR*
Gentleman’s Clause*
Forced Character Selection*: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

HELP! Tink is unable to read, and thinks that merely defining the difference between dsr and the modified dsr is actually the same as saying those are rules for the tournament. Most likely he just ctrl-f'd dsr and found the quickest thing.
The point is, Standard DSR should NOT be used for bo5 sets with the current stagelist. Modified DSR should be used, that's the bottomline. Nobody should be changing the MBR ruleset to something it isn't. Tink is right, M2K got robbed.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
It seems to me that Modified DSR is a bit unfair. Generally a player will counterpick to their best stage immediately, allowing them to play it twice in one set.

It would be more fair if players were allowed one ban only after their first loss (not counting the first loss cause that stage is striked to). In other words, you may only ban after your first game 2-5 loss. The delayed ban rule or something. This would give both players a chance to play on their best stage once before it gets banned.

Doser

Smash Ace
The point is, Standard DSR should NOT be used for bo5 sets with the current stagelist. Modified DSR should be used, that's the bottomline. Nobody should be changing the MBR ruleset to something it isn't. Tink is right, M2K got robbed.
Tink isn't right, his claim was that the tournament followed the modified dsr which is not the case, it is clearly stated it follows the standard dsr, and even goes so far as to explain the difference between dsr and dsrM.

Are you and Tink both this bad at reading comprehension? His post never even mentioned that dsr was bad for best of 5, so that's clearly not his "point".

I don't care about you crying "b-b-but those shouldn't have been the rules!", saying someone got robbed when they lied to their opponent into giving them a stage advantage when it was against the rules and then being forced to replay on a different stage is not getting robbed.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Tink isn't right, his claim was that the tournament followed the modified dsr which is not the case, it is clearly stated it follows the standard dsr, and even goes so far as to explain the difference between dsr and dsrM.

Are you and Tink both this bad at reading comprehension? His post never even mentioned that dsr was bad for best of 5, so that's clearly not his "point".

I don't care about you crying "b-b-but those shouldn't have been the rules!", saying someone got robbed when they lied to their opponent into giving them a stage advantage when it was against the rules and then being forced to replay on a different stage is not getting robbed.
This.

You can say how you think the tournament should have been run, Juggleguy, but the bottom line is that its Alukard's tournament and he is running it the way he wants it to be run.

M2K deserved to have to replay the game, whether he intentionally lied to Unknown or just didn't know the rules, he still didn't play the set using the proper rules so he being forced to redo it with the correct rules is what should happen.

Edit: I think I may have worded that awkwardly. I hope it makes sense.

Doser

Smash Ace
M2k and KK in losers, M2k gonna take it easy. I think it was right that m2k lost, but I don't think he'll lose second time around.

Hell it's basically over for KK right now anyway, M2K's on point.

Let It Riot

Smash Cadet
M2k and KK in losers, M2k gonna take it easy. I think it was right that m2k lost, but I don't think he'll lose second time around.

Hell it's basically over for KK right now anyway, M2K's on point.
I'm sorry, but did Kirby Kaze already lose? Oh, that's right. The set isn't even over yet. In fact, it's only game 2. Does not having the lead after game 1 count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this topic when the game is still on? Kirby Kaze is still playing right now and he has been one of the best players (and the best sheik) for how many years now? He's playing the most emotional player in the continental united states who just happens to have a lead because he's feeding off the energy of playing in the east coast with those obnoxious idiots shouting the entire game. But you know what? He still ****ing sucks. Kirby Kaze is one of the best ****ing players of all time, KK has placed near the top in every tournament he's been at this year, and he would have won if he didn't choke. Maybe you should shut the **** up before you make ******** topics like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when KK wins ROM and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, M2k just spot dodged and is going to get the **** punished out of him, just like the Eggm did. Are you a ****ing drunk? Are you ********? Are you autistic? You are a ****ing idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm ****ing serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Canadian topics because you're a ****** hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. **** you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll top players on the board, like I give a ****. It's so easy to spot out your threads now, you're a ******. Always doing stupid **** like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your ****ing life try not to make a topic like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. **** you. You are nothing.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
what happened?

I'm hearing all sorts of things, i heard things like M2k wanting to split and KK/Unknown turning him down, m2k cheating, and then forfeiting the tournament and then getting back in randomly, i dont even know whats going on

i would seriously love to know :3

randomsaint

Smash Rookie
The end of this tournament so perfectly highlights why Melee will never grow and why everyone else thinks it's a horrible joke

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
too bad ROM5 was the ****tiest tournament I have ever seen due to the players ****ing it up.

Next time don't give em any money Alukard, this is hurting your REP and everything. **** this tournament waste of my time

Lot of poor actions in this tournament.

JTsm

Smash Master
Probably the worst ending to a tournament ever. M2K should just be banned from all tourneys. So much disrespect.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
SO what i understand is, someone wanted to split, rejected, he forfeit, then was allowed back in, this pissed off the other two so they threw there matches.... my god this is awful on every level... Bad TO, bad sportsman ship shown by all of the top three... God damn shame... i have a bitter taste in my mouth...

alcheato

Smash Ace
If they really split, KK, M2K, and Unknown522 are all complete ******s. Smash is already seen as a joke by the FG communities and then this **** happens at a national?!
Douchebags!

Top Bottom