• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rollll Calllllll

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
*lurk lurk lurk*

-Rebo
-Technically casual, haven't gotten to any tourneys myself.
-My friend-pool is exhausted in terms of people who will play against my Lucario, which sadly translates to more or less stagnant skillz. I needs to find me someone who'll kick me around in person.
-Northern California. Even northerner than Jeepy.

I really need to find myself some local tourneys >_>

Rebonack

Smash Apprentice
Well, considering I'm in Eureka you're right. By like... fifteen miles.

It would have been nice if I had noticed you had your location before >_>

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hey, my name is SOLID, and I'm thinking about picking up Lucario for my 4th character, I like him on paper, I play Marth and I am competitive, I also recently picked up GnW and also use Wolf.

Rabert

Smash Rookie
Rabert
Canada, BC (just above Seattle)
Casual/will do tournies, and until I start losing with him =D
I adore air game, and this forum convinced me to try Lucario out in the air. I'm loving him for that! Still trying to figure out how to use him better, and I suck at getting back on stage with him.. the UpB just does not like me very much. But I tend to rank pretty high with him among my friends.

Lycan_Rawr

Smash Cadet
I'm new (well to posting, I've been reading here for a while...), and I guess this looks like as good a place as any to start my posting career, seeing how Lucario is awesome.

<-- Lycan

Casual, but only due to lack of time. Year 12 exams > Brawl time, unfortunately.

Planning on getting in the tourney scene post year 12, we'll see how I compare.

Looking forward to becoming a more active member of this community. No initiation please, 1sts hockey initiation was enough for me =/.

Milln

Smash Champion
*gives both Lycan and Rabert an adult handshake* (I'm still trying to figure out what that is. It sounds so dirty.)

Snaarf

Smash Rookie
Frisk
Still learning lucario, started playing him about 2 days ago. I play with a Wii Remote which sucks, can't do u-tilts properly :(, might go get me a GC controller soon lol.
Hopefully can get better at lucario, (i can't even beat level 9 comps 100% of the time yet which is kind of embarrasing)

Milln

Smash Champion
Frisk
Still learning lucario, started playing him about 2 days ago. I play with a Wii Remote which sucks, can't do u-tilts properly :(, might go get me a GC controller soon lol.
Hopefully can get better at lucario, (i can't even beat level 9 comps 100% of the time yet which is kind of embarrasing)
Don't worry about beating computers. Ican't remember the last time I played one. =o Playing against real people is what will make your skill level rise. =3

And you'll like using a Gamecube controller better. It gives you much more precision, especially with Lucario's move (ESpeed curve and such).

WELCOME TO LUCARIO OMG. <3 You are now associated with the bestmost chill people on earth

Snaarf

Smash Rookie
lol thanks Infi-tan, i've watched all your Inner Fire videos and they really helped too. I do play against my friends but they aren't exactly.. the best players on the planet :p. I'll get that GC controller asap and hopefully get to play against people online! (And hopefully win a few lol)

Milln

Smash Champion
lol thanks Infi-tan, i've watched all your Inner Fire videos and they really helped too. I do play against my friends but they aren't exactly.. the best players on the planet :p. I'll get that GC controller asap and hopefully get to play against people online! (And hopefully win a few lol)
Don't worry about online. It's horribad.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
New person!
Heya!!

So welcome to the Lucario Boards Snaarf!
Lemme personally welcome you, and then say a few things.

1. this place is awesome, great ppl, is now getting more lively, and friendly.

2.We don't like flamers, of any kind, internally or externally. If it happens, myself, another cario or many of us will take that person down in 5 different directions. (its a scary site)

3.Most of us chill in the Lucario IRC. Its best you come in to.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183017 <--- Link to the thread.
WARNING!!! The IRC does not follow SWF rules, so somethings that happen in there are quite questionable to some.

4. Again, some of the best ppl around are in here.

5. (this is first time I've offered this) If you have any other questions about anything, you can PM. I answer all my PM's promptly.

So yea, Enjoy yourself, and have fun playing Lucario!!
-t2

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
New person!
Heya!!

So welcome to the Lucario Boards Snaarf!
Lemme personally welcome you, and then say a few things.

1. this place is awesome, great ppl, is now getting more lively, and friendly.

2.We don't like flamers, of any kind, internally or externally. If it happens myself, another cario or many of us will take that person down in 5 different directions. (its a scary site)

3.Most of us chill in the Lucario IRC. Its best you come in to.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183017 <--- Link to the thread.
WARNING!!! The IRC does not follow SWF rules, so somethings that happen in there are quite questionable to some.

4. Again, some of the best ppl around are in here.

5. (this is first time I've offered this) If you have any other questions about anything, you can PM. I answer all my PM's promptly.

So yea, Enjoy yourself, and have fun playing Lucario!!
-t2
In particular, watch out for Xavant The Enigma's stuff, and Samuelson's sometimes, but ya, watch out.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Name: CUsmasher2011
Casual, progressively getting better, hoping to go competitive soon

I want to get as far as I can using Lucario to the point where I can become fairly consistent playing him. Mostly, I've been trying to work on playing a more offensive game with Lucario (although keeping my defensive game sharp).

From Lawrence, Kansas (Creighton University in NE for college, where I don't have my Wii :()

I'm not exactly new to the Lucario Boards...I have not been around in a looong while due to school and....well, my new primary character :(. But I do play Lucario as much as I can when I am not playing as Sonic. The Inner Fire vids have really helped me a lot, and I've been able to translate some of the things from playing Sonic to when I play Lucario.

Catalystic

Smash Rookie
Ian
Competitive - making my way towards the top. I want to constantly win as Lucario, and make my opponents hate playing against em.
San Diego, California.

Notes: I really only bought the game around 3 weeks ago, and quickly went through Subspace to try to get a feel for all the characters. Constantly picking Lucario, I decided to look into some tactics etc, and have found that he's my favorite and main character to play. I enjoy playing defensive, using double-team quite a lot (My timing is great) and prefer to be next to the guy, let him screw up and then go in for a move. I need to work on being more offensive.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Ian
Competitive - making my way towards the top. I want to constantly win as Lucario, and make my opponents hate playing against em.
San Diego, California.

Notes: I really only bought the game around 3 weeks ago, and quickly went through Subspace to try to get a feel for all the characters. Constantly picking Lucario, I decided to look into some tactics etc, and have found that he's my favorite and main character to play. I enjoy playing defensive, using double-team quite a lot (My timing is great) and prefer to be next to the guy, let him screw up and then go in for a move. I need to work on being more offensive.
You'd probably figure this out yourself eventually, but I'll save you the trouble and tell you that Double-Team (DT) has very, VERY limited use against good players. If your opponent is using an attack laggy enough that DT will trigger and hit him before he can shield, it usually means that you could have shielded his attack and hit with something more effective instead, without the risk of timing DT wrong, or misreading your opponent.

Also, the best way to improve fast is playing with people in person. I'd recommend using Allisbrawl.com 's tournament finder to find tournaments in your area, and go there without entering, just to meet people and play friendlies on the side. In terms of getting advice, I'd stick with smashboards's Lucario baord, because way more of the experienced people post here.

Welcome d00ds! :3

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Heh guys, Lucario boards now has the Seal of Spam.

So does MK,Sonic and Marth.

Oh and for those new that want to get better with Cario. Play ppl. CPU's do nothing be get you good at fighting CPU's. Humans dont play like CPU's.
Woo hoo, you can kill lvl 9 CPU. So can we. Fight one of us, and then lets see how well you do.
Wifi is better then a CPU. Get numbers and play ppl.

Oh and Have fun doing it. If its not fun, then dont bore yourself doing so.
-t2

M@v

Subarashii!
Lucario is one of my secondaries. I haven't posted here in a while, but you know I am always reading =P

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Ryan
Competitive/casual
Right now I'm going to work on stutter step. Should be easy to master
Gresham, OR
Don't bother with the full stutter-step, you only need the first direction, since Lucario doesn't gain distance from smashing behind him. (If he does gain any, it's negligible)

Ex: Tap forward, then smash, instead of tap forward then back then smash.

Milln

Smash Champion
LANDUNOMASTAH.

Sup P@g. You and I are reversed it seems. I've been poking around with Fawks.

We should hang out.

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
I lurk the lucario boards sometimes. I like him a lot. havnt really had much time recently to play around with him though :/

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Drizzt from Paris, France
Only paris hosts a few tournaments per year in france but going there when theres one.
Starting to get real good with luc aiming to be number 1 luc in france :D
Still working on putting more Ftilt and better edgeguarding.

Milln

Smash Champion
Hey, Drizzt from Paris, France
Only paris hosts a few tournaments per year in france but going there when theres one.
Starting to get real good with luc aiming to be number 1 luc in france :D
Still working on putting more Ftilt and better edgeguarding.
Sup Drizzt. Good work. =o Keep it up and maybe they'll do more smash tournaments and that'll entice me to fly over there earlier than what I plan to.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Yay, Lucario reps in France! *puts a berret on Lucario* :3
(I know it's a sterotype, i'm just kidding)

You should host some of your own tournaments, Drizzt! ^^

Welcome to the Luc boards!

Top Bottom