• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I don't want to make a thread for this so I'll ask here.
When you run, you can keep running on a ledge...how do you do that. I read that you push down or something? But I can never do it.

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to make a thread for this so I'll ask here.
When you run, you can keep running on a ledge...how do you do that. I read that you push down or something? But I can never do it.
When you dash, all you have to do is hold the control stick back a little bit ot the point where the character starts running slower. Try to get the slowest running speed, and the chances of ledge running will be higher. :D

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
When you dash, all you have to do is hold the control stick back a little bit ot the point where the character starts running slower. Try to get the slowest running speed, and the chances or ledge running will be higher. :D
OMG it worked! haha thanks :)

Latias

Smash Journeyman
lols, so im in this match against a zelda toon link and an ike, so the ike gets me to about 80% (btw i dont use items) we were doing 1v1 on fd, then tl runs in and kills me with an item. So then i go monkey **** on them and they all die :d

Fijoe

Smash Journeyman
lols, so im in this match against a zelda toon link and an ike, so the ike gets me to about 80% (btw i dont use items) we were doing 1v1 on fd, then tl runs in and kills me with an item. So then i go monkey **** on them and they all die :d
What item was it? A can of Red Bull?

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
When you dash, all you have to do is hold the control stick back a little bit ot the point where the character starts running slower. Try to get the slowest running speed, and the chances of ledge running will be higher. :D
lol ledge running is awesome. I need to start doing that again.

SirBluetheXII

Smash Rookie
IKE IS GOD OF 3v1 I play 3v1s at least 3 times a day and ive come to realize that an advanced Ike can blow away 3v1 situations

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Ike practically hits EVERYONE, which is why he can be a good Crasher and a horrible Partyist (seriously, Taunt Partyists need to stop using Ike. <_<)

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Ike practically hits EVERYONE, which is why he can be a good Crasher and a horrible Partyist (seriously, Taunt Partyists need to stop using Ike. <_<)
He's a good crasher when he's getting ganged up on. But when he's against one fighter and the other two keep TPing, then it's pretty hard. D:

Then again, Ike is not my main. Lol

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
What item was it? A can of Red Bull?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS"]
Red Bull gives Pit wings!

He's a good crasher when he's getting ganged up on. But when he's against one fighter and the other two keep TPing, then it's pretty hard. D:

Then again, Ike is not my main. Lol
More Partyists should think about that instead of all charging at Ike at once. D:[/FONT]

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Samus is great as a crasher when I use her. I keep spamming missles and lasers into they're little party. And I use her down smash to clear away many partyists. And she has decent speed, good recovery and is very heavy. I've gone entire matches without a single death.

Also Ike can be good crasher. Like 1 lucky pikachu said, "he hits everywhere."

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Samus is great as a crasher when I use her. I keep spamming missles and lasers into they're little party. And I use her down smash to clear away many partyists. And she has decent speed, good recovery and is very heavy. I've gone entire matches without a single death.

Also Ike can be good crasher. Like 1 lucky pikachu said, "he hits everywhere."
:ike: - Prepare yourself

:pikachu: - PIKA!!

:ike: *f-smashes*

The winner is... IKE!!

BSP

Smash Legend
In terms of 1 vs 3, GaW can handle most people, but he gets pwned hard by certain people, and he's INCREDIBLY light. I'd be careful about picking him, though he has excellent planking, and good recovery if you have to run away.

Wait...we're crashers and don't afraid of anything...scratch what I said and pick Captain Falcon. Yes.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
As awesome as captain is, he doesn't pwn pikachu as much. His oil spill kills at any damage against pikachu I've found and he can absorb that annoying thunder.

But captain falcon is manly, yes.

Speaking of which

My list of people who generally do well against TPs

Samus
Zelda/shiek
Captain falcon
Wolf
Ike
Snake
Pit

Some other characters are probably good but these are the ones I use now.

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
I was playing earlier and I ran into a slave driver, much like the one you described. I was Meta Knight, he was switching out between the Star Fox crew, and the slaves were Toon Link and Marth. But this slave driver didn't target me much. When he did I simply wacked him away. After a few rounds of just watching him bully the slaves, I was getting really mad. Then he started messing with me, so I attacked him, and didn't stop untill I had killed him. The slaves interfered at first, then just stood aside. After a few rounds the slave driver switched to Snake, and ended up getting the smash ball. We were on Final D so I just flew back and forth under the stage to dodge. He got mad and started shooting, and killing, his slaves. After that they helped me beat up the slave driver, and seeing he had lost control, he left after that round. But then a party crasher came and then everyone turned on me. After a round or two of fighting them off, I got fed up with it and left. Way to thank me for liberating you.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I was playing earlier and I ran into a slave driver, much like the one you described. I was Meta Knight, he was switching out between the Star Fox crew, and the slaves were Toon Link and Marth. But this slave driver didn't target me much. When he did I simply wacked him away. After a few rounds of just watching him bully the slaves, I was getting really mad. Then he started messing with me, so I attacked him, and didn't stop untill I had killed him. The slaves interfered at first, then just stood aside. After a few rounds the slave driver switched to Snake, and ended up getting the smash ball. We were on Final D so I just flew back and forth under the stage to dodge. He got mad and started shooting, and killing, his slaves. After that they helped me beat up the slave driver, and seeing he had lost control, he left after that round. But then a party crasher came and then everyone turned on me. After a round or two of fighting them off, I got fed up with it and left. Way to thank me for liberating you.
I never, ever, ever, ever party unless the person is like, really good. And not a noob or scrub or whatever. And even then, still rare. But thats just me.

Bottom line is, never trust noob partyists.

Benify

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eggn0g
3DS FC
5214-9751-3548
What do I do to make a person leave? I go attack 1 person of the group ONLY, avoid the 2 other's attacks and keep on attacking the single character. They will understand Im attacking 1 person only and that 1 person will just get fusterated and leave :laugh: although I do have a hard time finding out which is the worst of the group to attack :dizzy:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
If it's on Hyrule I don't bother aproaching anyone. I wait for the bomb fest then just bait and punish. On someplace like FD or Smashville I just spit them under the stage. Nooby-ists. >_>

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
True, but then thats when I start to stage spike with my U-air, B-air or Final Cutter.
:kirby:

Although, yeah, sometimes you get an Ike that tries to take you down with him with his Aether. But there is always that one taunter who keeps on coming back for more. :evil:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Yup, not all Metas fall for it. Usually when I get an agressive MK is I just dodge past his so-called friends and let them get caught in the crossfire. Whether I win or not is not exactly always my objective as long as I survive.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Coming closer results in a Perish Trap.:200:

:p

I always thought this and the other thread were the same thing. I didn't know that this was a crasher thread and the other a taunter. X_x

global-wolf

Smash Champion
What do you guys do when crashing a taunt party with Pikachu? I find that dsmash works very well to annoy people and build up damage and thunder when they're trying to recover from the side. They always jump right into the strong part :awesome:

Can't wait until I get my brawl back...

Life

Smash Hero
Thread is win, I feel like some basic brawl now.

Also, arch knight: your red font is a little difficult to read on my background, mind using something a hair lighter?

BSP

Smash Legend
I try to avoid larger characters since they get hit by pretty much EVERYTHING

Top Bottom