• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Its elementary my good anonymous I didnt start out that good with Toon Link as I am now I recorded that a two years ago maybe erased because it got me made all the time.
I remember when I started out in SSB. Now look at me :). Ive mastered the majority of the characters in all three Super Smash Brothers games just by having fun. I unfortunately was one of the first that help start up the taunt parties on basic brawl ever since I bought brawl when it came out. (It was due to me fooling around with people in Melee) Im one of those responsible :/ for taunt parties

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Best range in the game is pit, with his infinite distance curvable projectile. I still need to practice with him, and brawl in general, I sware, this PS3 has removed me from my wii. Modern Wafare 2 is fun.

Back on topic, taunt party are beginning to become more common here. 2 out 3 matches here taunt parties now. This is really growing. I always wondered, why do people taunt party anyway, where did it actually start from. I mean, I know some people, like myself, did/do taunt parties because everyone else does it, but what about everyone else?

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
Best range in the game is pit, with his infinite distance curvable projectile. I still need to practice with him, and brawl in general, I sware, this PS3 has removed me from my wii. Modern Wafare 2 is fun.

Back on topic, taunt party are beginning to become more common here. 2 out 3 matches here taunt parties now. This is really growing. I always wondered, why do people taunt party anyway, where did it actually start from. I mean, I know some people, like myself, did/do taunt parties because everyone else does it, but what about everyone else?
Ive gone down that road let me tell you. I unfortunately havent been on it in 4 months along with my PS3. Sniper Lobbies=Best time of your cod life.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I play as a non-attacking Taunt Partyist because I like to watch the reactions between other Partyists and Crashers. Sometimes I just find it entertaining to watch.

Both Partyists and Crashers have their epic moments. Ranging from Partyists Jab Locking Crashers to Captain Falcon Crashers taking out all 3 Taunters with a single Falcon Punch.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Ive gone down that road let me tell you. I unfortunately havent been on it in 4 months along with my PS3. Sniper Lobbies=Best time of your cod life.
I'm still on that road, t'ill I get metroid other M and red steel 2. I'm not the best sniper. I'm more of a assault rifle type of guy for primaries, but I'm a decent sniper.

(I think we are going way too off topic.)

I play as a non-attacking Taunt Partyist because I like to watch the reactions between other Partyists and Crashers. Sometimes I just find it entertaining to watch.

Both Partyists and Crashers have their epic moments. Ranging from Partyists Jab Locking Crashers to Captain Falcon Crashers taking out all 3 Taunters with a single Falcon Punch.
Those are very rare, I've only seen like one, and it was a really long time ago. He/she was a jigglypuff. Also yeah, they do. Its gets fun sometimes.

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I'm still on that road, t'ill I get metroid other M and red steel 2. I'm not the best sniper. I'm more of a assault rifle type of guy for primaries, but I'm a decent sniper.

(I think we are going way too off topic.)

Those are very rare, I've only seen like one, and it was a really long time ago. He/she was a jigglypuff. Also yeah, they do. Its gets fun sometimes.
Im more of the trick sniper who does 360's, 720's and all that good tricks. Number 1 rule is to have fun

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
I found out, I really need to work on my sniper skills.

Also, about to touch brawl for the first time in a few months. Lets see what taunt parties are like now, and see if I can still kick some a**
I think that run and gun is very essential for when your playing on a tight knit team. I think you should remain your roll rather then switching up and about

BSP

Smash Legend
Real crasher pros use Captain Falcon. He's the way to go. He's got the taunts for it, and it's just too awesome when you win a 1 vs 3 with Falcon.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
HUP-CHA~<3
*Semi-Bumps Thread*
Just to keep the topic from going to page 2.

So...why has there been a huge lack of Crashers posting here lately?

BSP

Smash Legend
Long guide, but it works! This should be a no-brainer, but you should attempt to isolate the team members if you can handle them one on one. Or, if it's a small stage, it's actually hard for the taunters to avoid hitting their fellow taunters. I can pick Falcon, get some damage on one guy, weave in and out of the other two, and the first person will be near kill percent since his teammates hit him.

Oh yeah, and pick Falcon. 9000+ man points, plus everyone is forced to watch you run over one of their teammates in your blue falcon.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Actually capt. falcon does pretty well. His speed makes him good for retreating, he deals damage and he is quite agile. Also his taunts are perfect for kills. I also love sayin' "C'MON" when they retreat or I say to other taunters after I beat them or to try to get them to fight me.

Also like listening to music when I fight em. Makes me feel awesome and keeps me on game. Also can't hear their annoying taunts.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I never thought of Captain Falcon as a good Crasher until I read that. I guess Captain Falcon really can get away with hit and run or just playing aggressive if he wants to; especially against Partyists that lack teamwork.

Sonic can try that too, but he doesn't have the natural kill power and pretty much depends on the Smash Ball.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
Man, these partyists are a lot tougher than I remember. And quite more plentiful. They actually pose a threat to me now. And a very, very large one at that. Just the challenge that I needed. And a new level of challenge needs new music. Also a tip for the partyists, if you encounter a tough crasher, go to final destination or another small place.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Partyists like big stages like New Pork City and Hyrule Temple, but smaller stages are better because the Crasher has less space to fight the Partyists individually, right?

Darktoon

Smash Journeyman
Man, these partyists are a lot tougher than I remember. And quite more plentiful. They actually pose a threat to me now. And a very, very large one at that. Just the challenge that I needed. And a new level of challenge needs new music. Also a tip for the partyists, if you encounter a tough crasher, go to final destination or another small place.
The partyists have gotten a lot stronger maybe because they learn from there teamates new skills and techniques.

BSP

Smash Legend
I never thought of Captain Falcon as a good Crasher until I read that. I guess Captain Falcon really can get away with hit and run or just playing aggressive if he wants to; especially against Partyists that lack teamwork.

Sonic can try that too, but he doesn't have the natural kill power and pretty much depends on the Smash Ball.
With Sonic, you'd drop Falcon's KO power, and range on certain moves, but you gain lot's of speed: It'll be really hard for parties to hit you if you run away properly. And of course, Super Sonic is so broken it's not even funny.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
If a taunt party decides to go to a big stage. I usually just sit tight and wait for them to come to me, if they dare. I'm not going to give myself to them. Plus, some tend to leave because they eventually find it boring.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If a taunt party decides to go to a big stage. I usually just sit tight and wait for them to come to me, if they dare. I'm not going to give myself to them. Plus, some tend to leave because they eventually find it boring.
Or if you kick their *** a bit too many times.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
I almost always pick small stages like battlefield, final D, smashville depending on if another player will pick it with me. More action that way, and the noob crasher cant run away.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Just for the record, I am a tourneygoer and a partyist; my main motivation for it being my being tired of 1v1s.

There might be others like me wandering around Basic Brawl due to the same factors, so yeah, that might explain why the partyists are getting tougher.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
The partyists have gotten a lot stronger maybe because they learn from there teamates new skills and techniques.
Well I've been gone for a while so that explains it.

I almost always pick small stages like battlefield, final D, smashville depending on if another player will pick it with me. More action that way, and the noob crasher cant run away.
That doesn't make him a noob because he runs, that makes him smart.

Just for the record, I am a tourneygoer and a partyist; my main motivation for it being my being tired of 1v1s.

There might be others like me wandering around Basic Brawl due to the same factors, so yeah, that might explain why the partyists are getting tougher.
1vs1 is quite rare. Unless you meant to say tired of 1v3s. I fight taunt parties because they're a challenge. I used to fight them cause I thought it would discourage a few. I saw a drop for a while and it rose back up. Now, there is at least 1 partyist in most of my matches.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
1vs1 is quite rare. Unless you meant to say tired of 1v3s. I fight taunt parties because they're a challenge. I used to fight them cause I thought it would discourage a few. I saw a drop for a while and it rose back up. Now, there is at least 1 partyist in most of my matches.
I meant 1v1s as far as "With Friends." I think of taunt parties as my break from that kind of stuff.

BSP

Smash Legend
For heavy crashers, wolf is an amazing option. His blaster is out of this world annoying in lag, and his smashes are all fast and strong. He's got a reflector with invincibility to boot. And to top it all off, his side taunt calls out anybody who runs away from you, it's perfect. Wolf is pretty good when you're getting teamed, especially if they come at you one at a time.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
Your greatest weapon is your sense of humor. That is the difference between you and them.

It won't happen often, but your unwavering fighting spirit will win the hearts and minds of your enemies when it occurs to them that you're not trying to antagonize them.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Kind of, Zizz, I've seen people taunt others after a KO just to annoy them. It's true though, you need a good sense of humor if you're a crasher. A good sense of humor, and a cool head, indeed.

If I see somene trying to annoy me with taunts, I stay calm because in the end I know I'm better than them.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I normally do somewhat the opposite. I fight to antagonize them and have fun doing it. If they kill me, I do something like "well played". I even mess around with them sometimes. Like when once, when I was in a sudden death, I was meta knight and he was charizard, we both backed up, than I said, "fight me". Then we both charged at eachother, tried to hit each other, and missed. I was laughing so hard. Than I dodge a quick attack, grabbed and threw him to a K.O. I'll also, if I'm outmatched by number and/ or skill. I'll run away with sonic and say "you're too slow". If they stop chasing me, I'll run other and smack em.

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
Today some Peach Uaired a traitor into my rest. It was pretty intense.
I love to beat up traitors. :p

Latias

Smash Journeyman
whered vid section go and i need halp di'ing out of pikas dsmash , they spam it alot,

Zair Hidamaru

Smash Journeyman
Latias: Just mash the analog stick upwards as fast as you can when this happens. It's VERY useful in sudden death. (:

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Today some Peach Uaired a traitor into my rest. It was pretty intense.
I love to beat up traitors. :p
Whoa, WAIT.
YOU were the Jigglypuff that managed to use Rest after I hit with Up Air?!

whered vid section go and i need halp di'ing out of pikas dsmash , they spam it alot,
You really just have to hold the Control Stick Left/Right to send yourself out of it before the last hitbox gets you.

BSP

Smash Legend
You have to tap it repeatedly in the direction you want to escape. Tap the Control stick up, and the C stick right for example.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
k thx,

and a fun mindgame is pretending to be a dc, and after like 5 matches you change your char , they react funny try it :d

Top Bottom