• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Dedede.
And the first part of what you were saying, were you replying to 1 or 2?
second, DDD is tricky to use in a 3v1 situation, hes the slowest horizontal mover in the game and a big target

That's cause they don't have the codes on. On their side, they're playing vBrawl and see you make a lot of SD errors.

I do it after becoming an ally with them. If they start doing stuff like killing me, I pretend to come back during the act and start fighting. I've actually gotten other taunt spammers to join me on the assault. XD

To bad my connection takes an hour to find a room. Plus I always get DC'd after only a few battles. Music codes don't DC if your not host so I always have that on, along with Char. mods and stage hacks.

I need to record some mind games of me infiltrating a taunt party after beating them up see what happeneds

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
both actually, DDD is tricky to use in a 3v1 situation, hes the slowest horizontal mover in the game and a big target
Yeah, I agree, I was using him to mix up my game a bit after playing a lot with Snake. Snake is a better heavy to use because of his great recovery, tilts, a super low crouch, and endless mindgames with his arsenal of weapons.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yeah, I agree, I was using him to mix up my game a bit after playing a lot with Snake. Snake is a better heavy to use because of his great recovery, tilts, a super low crouch, and endless mindgames with his arsenal of weapons.
his recovery is ok but if you were facing someone smart you'd get meteored out of it everytime...his ground game i can agree with yea, in the air eh not so much

VVVV hahaha, so true

BSP

Smash Legend
his recovery is ok but if you were facing someone smart you'd get meteored out of it everytime...his ground game i can agree with yea, in the air eh not so much
yeah, a smart person would hit him out of it each time. Besides that, if u can actually use him, snake is a pretty good 1 vs 3 person. It's even better when u win and he says, :Not even close!"

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'm still loling at how many taunt parties suck. Today, it was a Marth and Zelda trying to gang up on me, then a Lucario decides to join in. It wasn't difficult at all since they were just garbage; all they did was taunt like crazy after every KO, even when I was still leading and reading them was pretty ****ing easy, punishing them wasn't. The funniest reaction I managed to get would be everyone in the room jumping in after I kick another player's ***.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
what characters/strategy did you use? i dont get the celebration taunts either espically if your still winning

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ran into another hacked party last night

had some pretty unique and strange things happen;

you cant use down b on PT when your in a hacked match

the hacker can also make us solo nana, and the rumble features dont work

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
heh

draco;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxz00YHfYC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdmeYxNjMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqiziybXQ0Q

P2...would you take him on?

his marth was loving amazing LOL grab release to C4 explosion

grab release to dash attack

side b stall to aerials

2guuuud

VVVV in one of the matches we had, he was Luigi and his opponent was Pikachu

The pikachu accidently SD'ed and the Luigi SD'ed behind him. After i saw that i was like, **** the teach is not only a hard *** pro, but hes got a soft spot for nubs. Truely a champion of champions...*manly tears*

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
ran into another hacked party last night

had some pretty unique and strange things happen;

you cant use down b on PT when your in a hacked match

the hacker can also make us solo nana, and the rumble features dont work
I ran into one today too. At the end, the hacker made everyone play as Blue alloys. They don't have a third jump and don't have special moves. I can recall they can grab; but I think they can only grab release. When the match was over, the game froze :laugh:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I ran into one today too. At the end, the hacker made everyone play as Blue alloys. They don't have a third jump and don't have special moves. I can recall they can grab; but I think they can only grab release. When the match was over, the game froze :laugh:
I tried that once, except I made myself Red Alloy. I won, but then the game DC'd. Then I tried to watch the replay, but it froze my game. :(

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
heh

draco;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxz00YHfYC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukdmeYxNjMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqiziybXQ0Q

P2...would you take him on?

his marth was loving amazing LOL grab release to C4 explosion

grab release to dash attack

side b stall to aerials

2guuuud

VVVV in one of the matches we had, he was Luigi and his opponent was Pikachu

The pikachu accidently SD'ed and the Luigi SD'ed behind him. After i saw that i was like, **** the teach is not only a hard *** pro, but hes got a soft spot for nubs. Truely a champion of champions...*manly tears*
That c4 thing was surprising.He was actually keeping track of the 25 second count, amazing, it blew my mind...or should I say his? Great multi tasker. I would wanna fight him, even if I do get my *** kicked.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
if you do see him be sure to fight him, fyi hes not the type that'll do taunt parties. So i wouldnt worry about that.

After i fought him one thing i did take away from fighting him...is punish his air dodges he does before he lands and punish him when he lands after an aerial---the timing is strick, but you can bait and punish him like i did on my DDD during SD

hes also part of the reason why i write this guide and why peeps here should check out the other boards...if your not prepared to face this guy or anyone else of his caliber in Basic..you'll get ***** hard. Knowing your enemy and his tools is half the battle.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
if you do see him be sure to fight him, fyi hes not the type that'll do taunt parties. So i wouldnt worry about that.

After i fought him one thing i did take away from fighting him...is punish his air dodges he does before he lands and punish him when he lands after an aerial---the timing is strick, but you can bait and punish him like i did on my DDD during SD

hes also part of the reason why i write this guide and why peeps here should check out the other boards...if your not prepared to face this guy or anyone else of his caliber in Basic..you'll get ***** hard. Knowing your enemy and his tools is half the battle.
I fought a Marth like that once. He was definitely not a taunt spammer but managed to turn one against me for a single battle. Epic battles, I teched two spikes and one stage spike in a one match.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ran into a pro black Falco today

after a few rounds of helping him own people on my kirby he got on Falcon

*dusts off hands* epic punches happend and as his hand went out to say

"COMMON!!" I jumped in front of him with a punch all fired up

AAP

Smash Journeyman
AAAGH, why won't taunt parties just GO AWAY!! It REALLLY gets under my skin, is it wrong that i wish they'd all die from ebola or some other disease that makes their insides boil? I would probably end up with an assault charge if someone ever admitted to doing that foolishness in front of me. Is this what these punks are striving for, total frustration of someone else? If so they deserve all the worse.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
AAAGH, why won't taunt parties just GO AWAY!! It REALLLY gets under my skin, is it wrong that i wish they'd all die from ebola or some other disease that makes their insides boil? I would probably end up with an assault charge if someone ever admitted to doing that foolishness in front of me. Is this what these punks are striving for, total frustration of someone else? If so they deserve all the worse.
I wouldn't go that far, but some of them do deserve to get they're ***'s kicked. I fight all of them however. They deserve the worst if they're just being a *** trying to frustrate you for the sake of annoyance. However some of them are just doing it too fool around and relax. As I said before, I fight, bite, scratch and tear they're f***ing heads off none the less :lick: Use the power of this awesome thread to destroy them. :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Using hacks, me and my friend played on vs anyone with 2 players. Since the opponents kept going to hyrule we both picked lucas and made it impossible for them to hurt us by healing and killing each other. Then we'd heal each other in sudden death. I chased Zelda around during Sudden death with only 7%. It was too funny.

Longears

Smash Rookie
Obligatory "u mad bro???"
If you get that upset by someone having fun in a different way than you over an online game you should see a psychologist

Although most people who get all "omg taent partie suxxxx they al dum!!!!!!!!! y cnt nintenderp ban dem!?!!?!?!" are butthurt players that can't play well

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
If you get that upset by someone having fun in a different way than you over an online game you should see a physiologist

Although most people who get all "omg taent partie suxxxx they al dum!!!!!!!!! y cnt nintenderp ban dem!?!!?!?!" are butthurt players that can't play well
Physiology is the science dealing with organ system health. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of psych.

How can you assume that most people who dislike taunt parties can't play well? I'm sure you can understand that it simply sucks to be teamed up on, regardless of your skill.

Longears

Smash Rookie
Physiology is the science dealing with organ system health. I'm pretty sure you were thinking of psych.

How can you assume that most people who dislike taunt parties can't play well? I'm sure you can understand that it simply sucks to be teamed up on, regardless of your skill.
Because if you're not intelligent enough just to DC if you come across a taunt party instead of whining on a forum, you probably can't play well

BSP

Smash Legend
If you get that upset by someone having fun in a different way than you over an online game you should see a psychologist

Uh, im gonna hhave to disagree with this. It's true that most decent people don't play Basic Brawl, but they get on once in a while. I have fought some really good people on basic brawl. And if all the people who say 'taunt parties suck' suck, how we're the ones winning three vs one?

I never really see any good Party crashers anymore. :ohwell:

It's disappointing; I always loved a good Brawl with at least somewhat-skilled crashers.
Now the best they do is spam Thunder/get on Ike.

I actually found myself attempting to crash a bad taunt party the other day, it was fun.

Longears

Smash Rookie
And if all the people who say 'taunt parties suck' suck, how we're the ones winning three vs one?
I might slightly misunderstand what you're saying, but I'll try to

I've never seen a skilled crasher, mostly they win using items and final smashes, which require little skill other than timing
Second, I never said all crashers hate them, I both taunt and crash depending on how scrubby they are

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman

I've never seen a skilled crasher, mostly they win using items and final smashes, which require little skill other than timing
Second, I never said all crashers hate them, I both taunt and crash depending on how scrubby they are
We have SEVERAL videos of us winning against them, some of them without items. They are in the guide. I've kicked taunt parties ***'s without items and with them. If you deny it, when we have VIDEO FOOTAGE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS VERY GUIDE, then you are feeble minded. I can even find another taunt party and defeat it with no items. Infact why not?

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the taunt party crashers I've battled, only one was actually good. He was a green Metaknight. I was Toon Link and my fellow taunters were a Pikachu and some other guy. The Metaknight would barely win because us taunters were all around the same level of pro-ness. The Metaknight was pro since he kept going to the ledge and shuttle-looping, mindgamed us to think he converted to a taunter, and effectively gimped us. Usually, the team won due to the Pikachu, but I saved one particular match where I owned him. Kill 1: gimped Metaknight with a beam sword. Kill 2: threw him into a Piplup. Kill 3: TLink's Usmash. If you see a blue TLink, Overalls Wario, or a Pink Falcon taunting, that may be me!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Something I've found: Also, taunt part members usually choose female and "cute" characters like kirby, pikachu and olimer. Ikes also. IT COMES IN VERY HANDY TO KNOW KIRBY'S WEAKNESS'S.
yup its true

if you can outrange Kirby you can more easily defeat one as long as he doesnt copy your projectile

Olimar gets ***** by Luigi and Peach

Pikachu gets ***** by Marth, ROB and GW

and Ike is easy to gimp if he doesnt know how to recover properly, hes also the victim of chain grabs/juggling as well

if you run into Zelda; get on GW or Olimar
Peach? MK or Marth
ZSS? Falco or Snake
Sheik? Pikachu got a 0-death dthrow on her

it pays to know how to counter pick against taunt parties; and choosing the correct map only helps the crasher win

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
Because if you're not intelligent enough just to DC if you come across a taunt party instead of whining on a forum, you probably can't play well
You sound like my little brother. You aren't making a logical argument.

First, you assume that dumb people don't DC upon entering a taunt party. I don't DC b/c I try to crash them. Also, it takes a long time to find a game in the first place, so DC'ing results in me having to wait twice as long to play.

This thread teaches people how to crash taunt parties. I'm obviously not whining if I'm trying to learn how to deal with a problem rather than just complain about it.

Also, I (and many other players in this thread dedicated to crashing taunt parties) are fully capable of taking on a team of three. You'll have to take our word for it- we play well.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
Even though I only join or start parties, I'm fully capable of crashing, I just have a good enough heart to not do so. I'm like that; very passive. Anyways, whenever I brawl, lag gets the best of me, so fighting is a really good option if I am in the mood to lose. That's why I always join or start a party!

BSP

Smash Legend

Ok then. But remember, just because you've never seen a good crasher doesn't mean they aren't out there. When I crash 'em, I'm usually the one who throws items off the stage and gets the SB so they can't use it. It still amuses me when the taunters taunt after they kill me with an item...they dont get it, but all i say is, "Come on! Step it Up!" Yes, i am that confident to use sonic in a TP. It feels great to say you're too slow to three people at once, and mindgame them to death.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You sound like my little brother. You aren't making a logical argument.

First, you assume that dumb people don't DC upon entering a taunt party. I don't DC b/c I try to crash them. Also, it takes a long time to find a game in the first place, so DC'ing results in me having to wait twice as long to play.

This thread teaches people how to crash taunt parties. I'm obviously not whining if I'm trying to learn how to deal with a problem rather than just complain about it.

Also, I (and many other players in this thread dedicated to crashing taunt parties) are fully capable of taking on a team of three. You'll have to take our word for it- we play well.
you have to play well against a 3 man team. It can all boil down to spacing, teching, not getting grabbed. Its alot easier for you to get punished in 3v1 over 1v1.

and well...for the record if you wanna be a ****, you can bring up the drop out prompt, and when everyones icon goes to "Brawling..." drop out and it should make everyone else disconnect

thats a pretty **** way to close the room LOL

Even though I only join or start parties, I'm fully capable of crashing, I just have a good enough heart to not do so. I'm like that; very passive. Anyways, whenever I brawl, lag gets the best of me, so fighting is a really good option if I am in the mood to lose. That's why I always join or start a party!
theres nothing wrong with that

i've said it before; alot of these noobs join together for security and comfort. People enjoy the company of others, and crashers really help to keep the balance. They're a punching bag, they keep the taunt party goers engaged and interested in fighting. Crashers can also help teach the taunters how to work together as a team, it also helps to re enforce spacing because if your accidentally killing your taunt buddy your doing it wrong.

Being passive and conforming will never turn out well for you. School is supposed to teach you that.
which is why if i run into a taunt party that has an attitude and kills me relentlessly i will fight them seriously. I take it personally when someone kills my character, i dont take that kind of abuse passively. I let them know i dont apperciate how they think.

I WILL NOT tolerate being treated like trash.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
I've said it before; alot of these noobs join together for security and comfort. People enjoy the company of others, and crashers really help to keep the balance. They're a punching bag, they keep the taunt party goers engaged and interested in fighting. Crashers can also help teach the taunters how to work together as a team, it also helps to re enforce spacing because if your accidentally killing your taunt buddy your doing it wrong.

which is why if i run into a taunt party that has an attitude and kills me relentlessly i will fight them seriously. I take it personally when someone kills my character, i dont take that kind of abuse passively. I let them know i dont apperciate how they think.
I don't understand why you quoted me :ohwell:

From how I've been raised, conforming ultimately does nothing good for anyone. Being an aggressive individual is necessary for a successful life. This doesn't apply much to smash, but it's how I live. It's why I'm always a crasher. In the long run, being the crasher improves a player much more than relying on two partners.

I've always wondered what goes through the taunters' heads. From my experience with taunt parties, I feel that it's typical clique behavior. "Agree with us or face our wrath"

But that's just an assumption.

What do you think goes through taunters' heads?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I don't understand why you quoted me :ohwell:

From how I've been raised, conforming ultimately does nothing good for anyone. Being an aggressive individual is necessary for a successful life. This doesn't apply much to smash, but it's how I live. It's why I'm always a crasher. In the long run, being the crasher improves a player much more than relying on two partners.

I've always wondered what goes through the taunters' heads. From my experience with taunt parties, I feel that it's typical clique behavior. "Agree with us or face our wrath"

But that's just an assumption.

What do you think goes through taunters' heads?
your not the first to say that lol

usually when i quote people, the context of my post either suggests i; agree or disagree. In this case i was backing up your post so i agree and i was trying to enforce your points with my 2 cents

What goes on through their heads? The crasher is the enemy. They hurt them and their fellow taunters. You should be able to read their body language and that alone should give you a pretty good idea of what they're thinking.

Top Bottom