• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
It's really no different from offline, just be mindful of spacing and be very careful when you weave the Dair's together when your gimping someone. Dair...watch where they go, then approach again with another dair-- use the tip of it, from the side, to hit them.

By not using it your limiting yourself, cant let yourself do that even online. Especially not against good players. And they do visit both Team's and Basic.

I mean if your in a room...with noobs and you know your not gonna get a challenge. Drop out soon after you spawn in, re-enter basic and look for another place to go. I do this all the time, and i end up finding better places to go, with more challengers rather than wasting my time in one place. I do this also with taunt parties. We're at temple, im on Falco. Everyone taunts to say hello. I drop out saying "Have fun with my CPU".

While this is a 3v1 thread and i could crash the party if i wanted too-- the truth of the matter is these kids look to each other for protection in numbers and most are generally good manner'ed. It's relaxing and enjoyable for them in a casual way since they have others to help them if theres a crasher. So if they dont start acting like ***** to me, i'll leave them alone. If they act like *****, i'll take them on since they obviously have no idea what they're asking for.

And they probably deserve it anyway for being horrible jerks

---------------

Added Item Recommendations to the OP
Added Being Gay and Opportunistic to the OP

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol brute force sometimes works, but like that Ike/Ganon i ran into was scary. He was so angry with my bull****. But thats too bad since he started being gay first

Im allowed to be just as gay back

I actually attempted to break up a Taunt Party that I had come upon (unusual because most of the time I cannot resist joining)... They all got on Pikachu and began to spam Thunder; I still managed to beat them with Dedede, with the help of Dialga's beam.

Albeit they were extremely noobish, they ended up knocking each other out with Thunder; ground-humping didn't work any more.

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool

are you ****ting me-- tell me you got replays
Yes, I think I recorded one for memories.... I shall find it tomorrow.

Problem is, Dracospawn is right, they were not that much fun, except when one got stuck in the beam.

I say, if you cannot manage to kill a Dedede with Thunder, then I'm not sure what you can do in Brawl.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yes, I think I recorded one for memories.... I shall find it tomorrow.

Problem is, Dracospawn is right, they were not that much fun, except when one got stuck in the beam.

I say, if you cannot manage to kill a Dedede with Thunder, then I'm not sure what you can do in Brawl.
Thats just one taunt party my boy. There be PLENTY more out there lollololol

for real man, one day i hit like 5 taunt parties one after the other

R+L+A+START ugh

Thats just one taunt party my boy. There be PLENTY more out there lollololol

for real man, one day i hit like 5 taunt parties one after the other

R+L+A+START ugh
Why facepalm to me? :(

It was somewhat funny because two of them rage-quit.

I don't need to R+L+A+START, my Wi-Fi tends to drop me at the right time...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i do all the time, if i find the room at least a little boring i drop out.

I dont care if it disconnects me, get back on and keep going till i find something interesting. Its better than sitting there and watching rats spam thunder all day

and god help you me i hate the rat

I face palm to the rats giving up so easily...if they were that easy to break you should take your body else were. Theres plenty of big fish to hunt for

i do all the time, if i find the room at least a little boring i drop out.

I dont care if it disconnects me, get back on and keep going till i find something interesting. Its better than sitting there and watching rats spam thunder all day

and god help you me i hate the rat
One Taunt Party, that's all.

Pikachu is only hated by me if they begin to spam Thunder, which happens about 90% of the time. -.-

Have you ever met a hacker online in a Taunt party?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

Pikachu is only hated by me if they begin to spam Thunder, which happens about 90% of the time. -.-

actually yea its in the OP. I have like 30 min video footage shot live of a hacker in our taunt party. [it was sometimes 3 people including him+ his bot]

i had a really good time, and i got to practice on all the characters he choose for us.

actually yea its in the OP. I have like 30 min video footage shot live of a hacker in our taunt party. [it was sometimes 3 people including him+ his bot]

i had a really good time, and i got to practice on all the characters he choose for us.
I enjoy encounters with hackers, they are like encountering Shiny Pokemon for me.

I once came upon a hacker who was Giga Bowser throughout the whole game, it was hilarious to see a potential 'crasher' attempt to kill him.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I enjoy encounters with hackers, they are like encountering Shiny Pokemon for me.

I once came upon a hacker who was Giga Bowser throughout the whole game, it was hilarious to see a potential 'crasher' attempt to kill him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3YeRQPPrQ

lmafo at the first video, the wario makes it so funny

he stands inbetween 2 giga bowsers and is like "AH HA HA HA!"
"WAH WAH WAH!!"

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman

I hate Pikachus that spam smashes. Sure smashes aren't that bad when spammed since I'm used to it at this point, but having multiple people do it who are all against you is painful unless you can get them to hit each other.
As for hacking, if anyone ever saw a Blue Kirby/ Meta Knight (color depends on my mood) that hacks, it could be me. I've been spotted before. PZT of Stack Smash saw me on With Anyone once with another hacker in the room. XD

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
i ran into a red hacking MK a few hours back
Unfortunately though, my GCN controller broke and my sister won't share her Wavebird. And my connection has been bad the past few months so I haven't been playing at all the past few months. Before, I used to play every weekend until May.
Still, I've fought over twenty hackers at this point. My sister has fought a few too.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
A couple months ago, I was hoping for a good match, when on Final Destination, Marx's theme was playing. It began as a taunt party, with me (Toon Link), Pikachu, DK, and Dedede doing whatever. For some reason, DK and Dedede started fighting while Pikachu and I continued taunting. The Dedede left, and the normal music was playing. That was my first hacker I met on Brawl and the experience helped me realize how awesome the song is.

Dido

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah

bout a month ago

this person with giga bowser when the MATCH just started.

He wasd just saying there and pokeballs were coming. all of them were manaphys. and it kept going on and on and on.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
had that happen before too

i love the manaphy hack so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW3YeRQPPrQ

lmafo at the first video, the wario makes it so funny

he stands inbetween 2 giga bowsers and is like "AH HA HA HA!"
"WAH WAH WAH!!"
I watched all 4 of those videos, each of them were enjoyable indeed.

The first one was the very best though, hilarious!

Hackers are probably the most fun you can get out of Wi-Fi With Anyone.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
**** i was just in a room with a blue Ike/Wolf and i helped him take down a Falcon/Snake/Link at Temple on my Falco

little guy was soo loving excited to watch me fight :) He even tried to mimic the wolf dacus'

lol that snake sudden death with my falco was hilarious

-----------------

You'll run into hackers eventually. They can pop up out of no where. Also Hackers need to let me be giga bowser more.

Speaking of hacked stages, what fun things can you do on the practice stage and target lv 1 stage? The target stage has fun stuff you can do on the mountain like area to the left and the bombs are fun to play with...

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
**** i was just in a room with a blue Ike/Wolf and i helped him take down a Falcon/Snake/Link at Temple on my Falco

little guy was soo loving excited to watch me fight :) He even tried to mimic the wolf dacus'

lol that snake sudden death with my falco was hilarious

-----------------

You'll run into hackers eventually. They can pop up out of no where. Also Hackers need to let me be giga bowser more.

Speaking of hacked stages, what fun things can you do on the practice stage and target lv 1 stage? The target stage has fun stuff you can do on the mountain like area to the left and the bombs are fun to play with...
Target Test has various odd glitches I've discovered by accident. Meta Knight can glide forever in the hole in the wall at the spawn point. Peach can do that too with Up-B. If you remember Pikachu's neutral B glitch in Melee on Jungle Japes, it's possible on that hole. On the bottom, it's possible for Pit's arrow to get stuck on a ledge on the bottom left side forever, but it's hard to do. My sister did it before, but I couldn't recreate it. Yoshi can do a Down-B glitch on the bottom left ledges, but he can on other stages too. That's all I can remember right now.
For Online Practice Stage, Bob-Ombs don't spawn covering the entire stage. Only the middle. It's possible to stay on the sides and survive forever. If Kirby eats Sandbag while it gets hit, the next Sandbag that spawns may be invisible.

I used to hack other people as Giga Bowser, but that code works only 1/4 of the time, and DCs me if I don't have a red shield. I'd sift through an hour of rooms trying to find a game. :(
There's a different code I use now that works much more often, but I can't get it to work for other players... Oddly though, nowadays I always have a red shield.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Target Test has various odd glitches I've discovered by accident. Meta Knight can glide forever in the hole in the wall at the spawn point. Peach can do that too with Up-B. If you remember Pikachu's neutral B glitch in Melee on Jungle Japes, it's possible on that hole. On the bottom, it's possible for Pit's arrow to get stuck on a ledge on the bottom left side forever, but it's hard to do. My sister did it before, but I couldn't recreate it. Yoshi can do a Down-B glitch on the bottom left ledges, but he can on other stages too. That's all I can remember right now.
For Online Practice Stage, Bob-Ombs don't spawn covering the entire stage. Only the middle. It's possible to stay on the sides and survive forever. If Kirby eats Sandbag while it gets hit, the next Sandbag that spawns may be invisible.

I used to hack other people as Giga Bowser, but that code works only 1/4 of the time, and DCs me if I don't have a red shield. I'd sift through an hour of rooms trying to find a game. :(
There's a different code I use now that works much more often, but I can't get it to work for other players... Oddly though, nowadays I always have a red shield.
speaking of hacks have you installed balanced brawl and tried it on with anyone? it seems to have the effect some of the other posters a while back were talking about, about seeing their opponent going out of control and SD like crazy. I dunno tho, seemed to me a random thing, like they'd fight, but were making tons of SD errors also...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i just got out of one of those really rare/fun rooms, expect vids/and a long insightful eassy on my experiences in the next few hours. [it went from 2v2, 3v1, to team battle, to 1v1]

Truly it was one of those special rooms

^^^^ yea i saw that infinite glide glitch, i'll have to try the pikachu and pit one once i find a room like it

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Today I ran into a taunt party.
I pretended to be AFK.

It was quite interesting to see what they would do.
:/
did they beat you up? i go afk purposely just to see what they'll do

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
With hacks, it helps to have your Wii set as DMZ via router settings.

If you see three players join at once and then the status goes from "Practice Stage" -> "Brawling...," it means you've joined someone else's room (you can drop out within a few seconds). The same applies for two players joining at once and then a final one joining shortly after.

Hacks (from my experience...) will never work unless you wait and see only one player join your party. At that point there is a much greater chance that you'll end up with a red sheild (host/hub) and hacks on your side will work and be seen by everyone else. Only the hacks like character modifier, music mod, assist trophy, and pokeball modifiers work.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

If you see three players join at once and then the status goes from "Practice Stage" -> "Brawling...," it means you've joined someone else's room (you can drop out within a few seconds). The same applies for two players joining at once and then a final one joining shortly after.

Hacks (from my experience...) will never work unless you wait and see only one player join your party. At that point there is a much greater chance that you'll end up with a red sheild (host/hub) and hacks on your side will work and be seen by everyone else. Only the hacks like character modifier, music mod, assist trophy, and pokeball modifiers work.

Thats true, usually the best way to get the red shield is to continuously drop out of rooms with 2/3 players...and get just 1 person to show up in your practice room slot. Or if they're already there chances are you'll get the red shield. Its..really weird how it goes. But from my experience if you hit a room with only one person there 90% chance you get the red shield

I wasnt aware that the hacks didnt work without it...gay..which is probably the reason why we dont see them much i figure

---------

new vids for the OP

The Special Room

[2v2 prt1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-nijpcYILA

[2v2 prt2]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WHahNhOQnQ

[3v1]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgxJOd5Z_F0

[Teams]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw0kLkmJcQ8

This room is very interesting...P2 and P4 were the same people in all 4 videos. And P3 is usually some random noob.

The atmosphere and dynamics of this room changes over the course of like and hour and a half. While P2 and P4 fought, i was stuck with P3. And when P3 got in P2/P4 way they would stop their fighting and 3v1 on P3

Towards the end P4 decides to team up with this noob ike on P3...i dont know why. But you can tell in the last vid P2 doesnt want to be teamed up on. P2 doesnt like P3 since hes a jerk. Yet P4 is stupid? enough to help P3 out.

If anyone wants to call it a different name be my guest. But i've never ever seen something like this before...a controlled/respected 2v2 match yea i have a vid like that up already. But going from 2v2 to 3v1 to a team situation!?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I wasnt aware that the hacks didnt work without it...gay..which is probably the reason why we dont see them much i figure
yeah such as the multiplayer hacks which are pretty much the only hacks I use on WA modes... both Teams and Basic require you to NOT join a room already in progress, but instead to be the originator of the room where others join you.

Problem w/that is, well 2 multiplayer hackers ultimately cannot brawl each other because you can't both be the originator of the room, someone has to join the other and that messes up the code.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ahahahaha are you serious

did they poke your corpse out of curiosity

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
it is pretty funny to see their reactions its like you came down from outer space and they literally have no clue what to do with you.

I mean sometimes they wont touch you, sometimes...a poke..sometime they wall infinite you for fun then stop, or they just kill you.

It really gives you a crystal clear view of what type of person they are irl

----

added circle camping to the op
added more 2v2 vids

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Hi. I found stuff.

1. Some good ways to crash up Taunt Parties are to get them to fight eachother. A good ways to do this: Set items that are dangerous (i.e. Pokeball, Smart Bomb, Bob-Bomb, other explosives) Then choose a small stage (i.e. FD, Yoshi's Island {Brawl}). If you plank at any end, the TPers won't notice you much, and they will be cramped at the other end. Accidents will happen eventually in many ways, such on TPer trying to get/catch an item, or trying to spam an unsafe move. When everyone's attacking eachother, join in the fight. If everyone's still friends in the next match you play, go back to planking. Rinse and repeat.

2. I was in a rare situation today. I was at the Temple, with two TPers that wanted me dead. One just sat back and watched, while one attacked me. I finished him off and I was up a point. The losing TPer then moved to the watching TPer. After a bit of crouch spam, the watching TPer attacked the losing TPer, and the losing TPer suicided. They did this about five times, and the waiting TPer endedede up winning. This is something to watch out for. It's unlikely, but still pretty dangerous.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea we've already mentioned that before. The problem is the map your on allows for that BS to take place fairly easily. Your actually better off circle camping at huge maps[i posted a vid about it in the op]

i'll have to try that item tactic though especially using G&W

what character were you using?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
speaking of hacks have you installed balanced brawl and tried it on with anyone? it seems to have the effect some of the other posters a while back were talking about, about seeing their opponent going out of control and SD like crazy. I dunno tho, seemed to me a random thing, like they'd fight, but were making tons of SD errors also...
That's cause they don't have the codes on. On their side, they're playing vBrawl and see you make a lot of SD errors.
did they beat you up? i go afk purposely just to see what they'll do
I do it after becoming an ally with them. If they start doing stuff like killing me, I pretend to come back during the act and start fighting. I've actually gotten other taunt spammers to join me on the assault. XD

To bad my connection takes an hour to find a room. Plus I always get DC'd after only a few battles. Music codes don't DC if your not host so I always have that on, along with Char. mods and stage hacks.

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
yea we've already mentioned that before. The problem is the map your on allows for that BS to take place fairly easily. Your actually better off circle camping at huge maps[i posted a vid about it in the op]

i'll have to try that item tactic though especially using G&W

what character were you using?
Dedede.
And the first part of what you were saying, were you replying to 1 or 2?

BSP

Smash Legend
They hit me once or twice.
So after 3 matches later, they just stood there and quit taunting not knowing what to do.

The thing is in the selection I didn't wait for the timer to hit 0
so that threw them off very badly. Lol
lol u mindgamed out of game.

Top Bottom