• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolling taunt parties one room at a time; A Guide

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
It's why I'm always a crasher. In the long run, being the crasher improves a player much more than relying on two partners.

What do you think goes through taunters' heads?
Exactly, when they are all on me at once they're pretty tough, most of the time, when they're one on one they get *****, when they're 2 on one, they still normally have trouble fending me off, hit each other and must call on the 3rd or best one to help keep me at bay. On occasion that doesn't even work.

I think that they think normally leave us alone, you're no match for us , we're an awesome team, or join us or face our wrath like you said.

I'm having some trouble turning taunt parties against each other, when they accidently kill each other, the person who got killed hits the player who K.Oed him and that player kills himself.
One of the main problems with Taunt Parties is, if they're desperate enough, they will begin to hit each other once, jump off the stage, and give each other points in order to win. :ohwell:

You can't really stop the situation that you just suggested, it's part of Taunting nature. It is actually quite common.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
This thread is excellent; it's obvious that a lot of thought and effort was put into it. Very informative and insightful. Nice work D.E., 5/5

Captain 9wnag3

Smash Cadet
I SAW THAT!

Mostly taunt parties are really fun, it's like having a break from brawling... you know what I mean?
lol :laugh:
i agree. they r fun. but i luv it when a TP hater comes into the group and starts attacking peeps. its the only time on BB that i get to fight 1v1. i also like stopping TP's. 3v1 is awesome. also i had a few experiences online with a rather good marth. it wasa like a TP but everytime i died (or i killed him) we would suicide to balance the score:p so we could hav good fights but we wouldnt be>:mad: and disconnect.

GREAT thread! i read this even before i joined :chuckle:

Captain 9wnag3

Smash Cadet
One of the main problems with Taunt Parties is, if they're desperate enough, they will begin to hit each other once, jump off the stage, and give each other points in order to win. :ohwell:

You can't really stop the situation that you just suggested, it's part of Taunting nature. It is actually quite common.
agreed.:ohwell:
whenever i breakup a TP and start killing them, they usually choose the best player out of all of them to SD>+1 to. watever eventually the others will just get tired of this and will quit.

funniest experience on BB: lol 5 secs left in da match. zelda grabs link (lol ). Falcon (me) knees link and then follows up for da sacred combo. i win lol!! next match i run around taunting "show me ur moo!" while they try to kill me. SUDDEN DEATH! ikill them all!!!:chuckle:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
-a chorus of laughter-
:colorful:
EDIT: i overuse smileys :colorful::colorful::colorful:

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
Would u guys feel happy for winning a 3 v 1 with items against fairly gd players?

(by gd I mean edgeguarding, spiking, combos, etc. Basically not the typical noob that can't recover...)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
yea ran into a bunch today playing 1V3 with a ddd trying to wall infinite me the whole time. taunt party goers are lame. It honestly seems like 2 outta every 3 rooms is full of these idiots

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
We're not all bad. I'd never turn to cheap tactics just to win a 3-vs-1. It's already bad enough the one is being teamed on. It's even worse when you're constantly being d-thrown into a wall on SMI. I never even go to Temple that often anymore. Warioware and Pictochat are better to fool around on in TPs because of the microgames or quirky drawings. Yes, I participate in TPs (see my explanation a couple pages back), but I play very well. :)

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I'm yet to run into one that wasn't full of idiots. Could be my perspective.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I've been seeing fewer taunt parties lately, and I've been using some preventative measures against potential offenders. With new players I employ a relentless assault depending on the risk factor (Zelda players are a Code Red!) with great success.

You also have a window of a few seconds to disconnect when everyone gets to "Brawling...". Dispose of the trap so others can't fall into it.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
have you guys narrowed down any ideal times to disconnect which may increase the possibility of a group d/c?

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
have you guys narrowed down any ideal times to disconnect which may increase the possibility of a group d/c?
In the middle of the brawl is probably most annoying, when they are usually most happy, when they're taunting. Thats probably the best time. It annoyed me the most when I was a taunter before I decided to take them on and fight mashing a button all day saying phrases that get annoying after a while.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
It's fun to taunt! But it is SO boring when there are 4 taunters.. unless some are really cool. Having a 3 vs 1 is way funner...

If you wanna know what goes on in our heads...you can just pretend to be a taunter...and see what we do...

Yeah we do stupid things but we don't taunt for 2 minutes, that would be insanely boring.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
It's fun to taunt! But it is SO boring when there are 4 taunters.. unless some are really cool. Having a 3 vs 1 is way funner...

If you wanna know what goes on in our heads...you can just pretend to be a taunter...and see what we do...

Yeah we do stupid things but we don't taunt for 2 minutes, that would be insanely boring.

I have been in a taunt party, I have WATCHED a taunt party by just standing there for 2 minutes, and I know that there are some taunters that will do that. But it is incredibly boring to do that.

That sucks, since killing the TP is a lot more fun imo
Oh yes it is, especially when they all gang up on you and they STILL can't take you or when the actually good taunter has to come in.

yah it's a pain, especially when they don't drop, and especially in teams ><
Ummmm, fight crashers? You mean those bowsers that try to K.O you with a side special by suiciding and taking you with them?

BSP

Smash Legend
Oh yes it is, especially when they all gang up on you and they STILL can't take you or when the actually good taunter has to come in.
I know, it's awesome. It feels even better when in the next match, they resort to using items cause they can't handle you in a true fight, and then taunt back :laugh:

I always "come on! step it up!" with sonic when they do that, but i dont think they get it.

But the best has got to be to fight really hard, get one of them in sudden death, kill them, and you're too slow!!!! while they fly into the background.

Or when snake takes off his box and does the "Not even close!". It likes, "pwned".

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ummmm, fight crashers? You mean those bowsers that try to K.O you with a side special by suiciding and taking you with them?
I mean you're in a room, and someone drops out, then the slot fills with a Taunt Partier and even though none of us are in the mood, they still insist on taunt spamming, duck taunting, being ******** basically. So then they get pummeled, but this doesn't deter them, they just keep doing it! Match after match, and in teams it really blows cause if you're the one stuck w/them you may as well forget about winning that round, lol And what's worse is if they DO finally "give-in" and fight, they suck! Meh. If you're going to TP at LEAST be good enough to back up your idiotic behavior.

:downs:

Smash Apprentice
I feel bad for the good players that try to save their buddies *****, they end up failing because of the other taunters interrupting everything.

****ing Dins Fire.

DUB

Smash Lord
Tornado pretty much solves taunt parties. I was always the person to select Luigi's Mansion and go MK against the taunters.

pAce

Smash Cadet
Tornado pretty much solves taunt parties. I was always the person to select Luigi's Mansion and go MK against the taunters.
It must take a while to get Luigi's Mansion when the taunt parties always pick Hyrule Temple.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I mean you're in a room, and someone drops out, then the slot fills with a Taunt Partier and even though none of us are in the mood, they still insist on taunt spamming, duck taunting, being ******** basically. So then they get pummeled, but this doesn't deter them, they just keep doing it! Match after match, and in teams it really blows cause if you're the one stuck w/them you may as well forget about winning that round, lol And what's worse is if they DO finally "give-in" and fight, they suck! Meh. If you're going to TP at LEAST be good enough to back up your idiotic behavior.
I haven't seen a taunter in a team battle in a while. I've seen a bunch of people acting like them, only they just watch us. If we get close they hit and run, run or just hit. When I encounter one of those....I don't really pay attention to them. Sometimes when I play brawl I listen to music from my computer on my wireless head phones so I mute the sound cause I can't hear it anyway. When I don't, I ignore them unless they do it insistently. If they suck, I keep at them, if they are ok, I go at em once and a while. When they are actually good then, I like to have at them or just leave them alone out of respect or out of strategy. I know when I am beat or matched, most of the time.

I feel bad for the good players that try to save their buddies *****, they end up failing because of the other taunters interrupting everything.

****ing Dins Fire.
Yeah, being in a taunt party you have to co opperate without hitting each other. That sucks more when the other players suck. If all the players are good, I just run until the sudden death, I knock them back while running if they catch up. Once I was in a taunt party where
all the players were good, they were all using din's fire and I was fox. When I reflect one would just rush in and smack me. It was actually kinda fun even though I was losing.

As long as they don't know the moves that counter it, then you're fine. I'd have a strategy against them in case they figure and counter you.

It must take a while to get Luigi's Mansion when the taunt parties always pick Hyrule Temple.
That is a mistake that they make because the crasher can run if they actually start kicking his/her ***.

pAce

Smash Cadet
Actually running is a good idea, but not because you're getting your backside handed to you (which never happens; they're all bad.) What you want to do is KO them once and then run away. Watch as they get annoyed and start chasing you. It's hilarious! More fun than pressing up on the d-pad for two minutes.

BSP

Smash Legend
Actually running is a good idea, but not because you're getting your backside handed to you (which never happens; they're all bad.) What you want to do is KO them once and then run away. Watch as they get annoyed and start chasing you. It's hilarious! More fun than pressing up on the d-pad for two minutes.
Actually, when i do that against taunters, and spam you're too slow or anything after i get a kill, they play cheap/gay and kill each other just so i can't win :/

Scooach

Smash Cadet
When I play a TP then I pick one guy and we fight while the other two do whatever their strange minds want to. (Usually I'm fighting a very bad person but sometimes I get a good match out of it). If one of us kills another, the killer SD's for the Sudden Death that the TP'ers want so much.

It's pretty fun though, that way 3 people aren't constantly looking like idiots attacking someone else and failing horribly.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Wolf, Link, and Peach. I was Sonic, and obviously that spells "ZOMG, SAWNIK JUMP HIM!" Anyway, I'm fighting Wolf who actually happens to be a pretty decent player, Peach is taunting her a$$ off, and all of a sudden Link just flies in with a Dair, and the jumping begins. I had to fend off Wolf, and Link, and I was doing pretty well, until I flew into Peach, and she started fighting. So I had to fight all three of them and Peach stood back a little, and waited for the moment to hit me with an Up smash. >_> And then I SDed, and then I gave up and started taunting with them, and got jumped for that.

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Maybe it was my Peach? Sometimes when I'm in the mood... I don't fight someone unless they attack me first... so I stay back and let my boys do the work for me. <3

Top Bottom