• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolla Monthly II ft. Dart, Darkatma, Jace, etc.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Serious question:
Was anyone sick at the tournament? Cause right now I feel awful. My throat hurts I can't eat or drink anything because of swelling and I feel like I have a flu. I catch almost every single sickness because of my bad immunity system.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you're damn right we're teaming for SMYM, Dart

Pretty sure Brawlpro was sick. I kept hearing him choke during our set. :troll:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Isn't there a Brawl player with the tag "L-Cancel" or something?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
john s

Oh BTW I'm starting to edit vids now. I also figured out why Pathways lost sound. Recording was too long. Split them up into 3 sections so it doesn't happen for this or future tourneys =)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Very late shoutouts. I haven't been at a computer since the tournament, so there's my excuse.

1: Dart! - Good job at placing first, especially against a matchup that isn't in your favor. We didn't get to play much, but you wrecked me in our set so it's not like it would have mattered anyway, lol. Hope to see you around more.
2: Darkatma - Fun set in pools. I was doing so bad at the beginning, but I was getting used to your Sheik once we got deeper into the set. Wish I could have had more games with you, but the tournament was running late and I had to be back early. Next time!
3: Jace - Jaaaaace, this was your tournament! Why didn't you win? Either way, your Falcon is way too good and is a big inspiration for me picking up Falcon. Thanks for the Falcon advice and thank you for showing up. I hope we can see you at more Rolla tournaments, or even Pathways. You're too nice.
4: Cookiemonsta - I 2-0'ed you in pools, and then you come back and 2-0 me in bracket. What the hell? Either way, it was well deserved and I was happy to lose to you. I think if you stay with one character (Fox, imo), you will do a lot better and improve at a much quicker pace. You're already really good and I would like to see that Fox 4 stock mine. Sadly, no one in Missouri plays a Fox that I can look up to. Fix that for me, m'kay?
5: Zantetsu - Good job at beating Strong Bad!
5: Strong Bad - I finally beat your DK. Sadly, I don't think it will happen again, anytime soon.. but who knows? It seems like you start to choke once you fall behind in a match. I believe you would have had our set if you started off better. There were a lot of things you missed that you shouldn't have, like the donkey punches. I went into our set with full relaxation and I believe that's what made me win.. then again, I have no idea what's going on in your head, so I could easily be wrong, but this is just from my point of view. Either way, the tournament was amazing. We started late and still finished at a decent time. Did you know we went through singles pools and up to 5th place in only 2 hours? That's a record for my tournament history. Keep up the good work, dude.
7: Big E - I'm disappointed you didn't play with us when you were in Springfield. Your Sheik is really good and I'm sure Terrence could have learned a lot from you in his earlier days.
7: Brawlpro - It was nice seeing you again after 3 years. Your Fox's play style seems so weird to me, but in a good way. Our matches were a lot of fun and I hope to see you around more.
9: Pyroty - DUDE, it was so cool to see you again after 3 years. I believe we could have made it farther in teams if we had more teams practice in the beginning. I haven't teamed with anyone else other than Ziv my entire smash career so it's my fault we didn't make it as far. You and Jace need to find a way to travel to Rolla and/or Springfield more. We'll definitely "chill" before or after the tournament :)
9: Terrence - You should have placed higher, but oh well. You're awesome and I'm glad to have you in my community.
9: Daniel the Seraph - Your Ganon is scary. I feel like I'm playing MvC3 because if I get hit, I get ****ed. I don't know much on Ganon, but all I can say is if you get better at approaching, than your Ganon will destroy everything in its path. BE THE NEXT KAGE.
9: King Siegfried - I was sad we couldn't have an epic set in the tournament like last month. Your Peach seems to be improving. It seems more technical than last time.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It will never happen again until I have ******** tunnel vision for grabs and then don't even combo correctly in another tournament set.

Update on vids: All of Doubles are queued for upload.

Terry

Smash Ace
I also really appreciate the time you take uploading and recording! Thanks man.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
It will never happen again until I have ******** tunnel vision for grabs and then don't even combo correctly in another tournament set.

Update on vids: All of Doubles are queued for upload.
Don't forget too easily, but this IS the second tourney set Roman has taken off you.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lol you keep bringing up pools matches from june ziv... zantetsu is good but you don't have to say that over and over on the boards man. let his results speak for themselves & people will know how good he is.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
lol you keep bringing up pools matches from june ziv... zantetsu is good but you don't have to say that over and over on the boards man. let his results speak for themselves & people will know how good he is.
Please quote ONE other time I brought that up. You can't, because it's never happened. Let's all be jerks online, yeah?

Jace08

Smash Lord
yeah I know jbm *hangs head*

the m2k practice was actually pretty beneficial, but I still just need to be smarter as a player. The vids should kind of help explain

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Doesn't Amsah live in Europe? Karl said "in the US." Also, wouldn't FlyAminita, or however you spell his name, be better?

I don't keep up with the pro smashers and whatnot. I just play the game, so I could be wrong on both statements I said above.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Amsah is overseas. Fly mains ICs, unless he switched. There are some Sheiks in the US that might be better than Atma...but none that are as sexy ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is true. But I honestly can't think of any other sheik in the US better than Atma other than m2k imo. But then again, I am a huge fan of Atma :awesome:
tope's more consistent

kirbykaze's from canada, but eh... limiting it to US is silly in this day and age of people traveling from japan to smash tourneys

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
money match?

EDIT: Doubles vids are uploading again. Sorry about the delay. Singles should be up by Sunday, approximately.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Lucien really? Doubtful. The only one I can really think of that might be better is Snack Master 5000 aka The Jesus aka Trash aka The Tenderness aka DoraNeku aka Terry aka Terrence aka The Native American Sensation

Top Bottom