• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roll Camera! Interview with Firus up!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ok Tery, NOW you can close the nominations now that I got my last vote XD
I'm not closing nominations until 8:30. Follow through with what you say, to the best of your ability. I did not open this longer as a means of letting you attempt to get on the pool, that was just your own misjudging.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah SF fighter. I never liked those games (aside from Ryu's awesome Shyuriken) so I wouldn't know who the hell M. Bison is. What does the M stand for anyways? Major?

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Ah SF fighter. I never liked those games (aside from Ryu's awesome Shyuriken) so I wouldn't know who the hell M. Bison is. What does the M stand for anyways? Major?
I just knew he was that one guy that says YES! on youtube, like captain falcon with background musixc XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Back on topic, guys -
Firus
CRASHiC
Terywj
Pink Reaper
Charmander1065
Roacherman
These six will be polled on for Interviews 3 and 4. Would someone care to make the poll?

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I plan on meeting up with Zook today on AIM and I haven't gotten any questions from you guys yet. Please PM any that you have to me. If not then don't complain about the questions I ask.

Thanks,
-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I plan on meeting up with Zook today on AIM and I haven't gotten any questions from you guys yet. Please PM any that you have to me. If not then don't complain about the questions I ask.

Thanks,
-Terywj
I'm assuming everyone's so caught up on trying to be the next interviewee that they aren't even paying attention to the current interviewee. Selfish *****es.

Either that or they're like me and have no clue what to ask. :(

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'm assuming everyone's so caught up on trying to be the next interviewee that they aren't even paying attention to the current interviewee. Selfish *****es.

Either that or they're like me and have no clue what to ask. :(
Ugh. This is my fault for starting the nominations before I finished Zook's interview.

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Just to let you all know, the interviewees for weeks 3 and 4 will be Firus and Pink Reaper respectively. So after Zook's interview is over with, you can start sending questions to either Tery or me for Firus.

But keep on sending those questions for Zook! I know Tery has some really good ones, but he can always use more!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Also, my interview with Zook is going to take place - hopefully - this Saturday so send me some more questions and prepare new ones for Firus and Pink Reaper!

Actually, it kinda dawned on me that if Reaper can't be available for BOTW, I don't think he'd be available for this...

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I looked around. North Conway, New Hampshire was a quiet, rural place. The White Mountains were in the background, and I scurried about, trying to head for the stand I was looking for. "Dungeons and Dragons Books" was plastered at the top of the stand, and I could see various books about the said game cluttered here and there. There was only one person at the stands, wearing jeans and a Swinub T-shirt. His glasses gleamed a bit in the sunlight as he turned towards me. "Tery? Where's the free books and coupons you were talking about?" the boy questioned. I pulled out two chairs and notioned for him to sit down. "Actually," I grinned, "There are no free books or coupons. I came here to interview you." The boy frowned. "Why'd you bring me out to North Conway, then?" "Why, because it's just a cool place." I said.

I pulled out my notebook and pen. "Isn't that right, Zook?"

Terywj - So Zook, it's typicaly of us as a community to ask - do you mind sharing some personal details? You know, name, age, location, etc.?

Zook - Of course not. Let's see... My name is Chris Mitchell, and I'll be turning 18 this July. I live in an obscure town called Weare in an obscure state called New Hampshire. I've lived here pretty much all my life.

Terywj - New Hampshire, huh? How do you like the environment there? And have you traveled to other parts of the country?

Zook - I love it. Look at that scenery.

Zook pauses and gestures to the White Mountains in the background.

Zook - The farthest I've travelled from here is Washington, D.C. for my 8th grade D.C. trip. It can be a bit dull here, though; we aren't exactly diverse in culture, and there isnt a ton to do.

Terywj - Speaking of things to do, what are some of your hobbies and interests?

Zook - I love creative activites, such as drawing and writing. I also enjoy playing video games, obviously (recently I've been hooked on Monster Hunter Tri, Super Metroid, and Super Mario Galaxy), reading fantasy/sci-fi books, and theatre.

Terywj - Moving along, when did you join Smash World Forms? How'd you find it, and what was your motivation to join?

Zook - In the summer of 2005, my parents bought me a copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee for my birthday. I had been wanting it for quite some time, but because it was rated T, then wouldn't let me have it until I turned 13. In that month's issue of Nintendo Power, there was an article on the SSBM community, and a link to Smash World Forums. I thought I was really good at the game and wanted to get better, so I joined it the day after my birthday.

Terywj - An intriguied beginning! Where'd you start off posting, and where did you find your early homes?

Zook - My very first post was in the Poke Center, but I made a fool of myself and avoided that room for a while. I also posted a lot in the Debate Hall and Pool Room, which were both definately my first SWF homes.

Terywj - How'd you come back to the PokeCenter? And can you describe the times leading up to your promotion to Moderator?

Zook - For me entire SWF carrier, I've been visiting the PC. What made me stick, though, was that upon buying Pokemon Emerald version, I realized that I was actually quite good at Pokemon Battling, and I wanted to learn more by battling tons of people. I knew that would be very hard in such a rural setting, so I turned to the internet: there I found Netbattle, and I started posting in the PokeCenter again to learn about the competitive scene.

Zook paused.

Zook - The times leading up to my promotion was a little hectic. The duo that was modding the PokeCenter left (for seperate reasons), and a lot of users felt that the administration were placing people who didn't really "know" the PC in leadership positions. One day an administrator asked me if I wanted to mod the PC, I said yes, and that was that.

Terywj - And as members of the older generation of PokeCenter members know, you stepped down from the Moderator position months ago. What were the reasons behind it? Do you think you'll ever go back to Modding the PC?

Zook - My reason for stepping down was that I felt that Modding was simply taking up to much of my time. At the time, I had just gotten my first girlfriend and I was letting my grades in school slip, and I was almost on the brink of not being able to graduate this year. I took a step back, thought a bit, and decided that I would have to cut myself off from SWF for a while. I'd love to Mod the PC again in the future.

Terywj - Ahh yes. Since you brought up grades, you're a Senior, right? What're your plans after high school / graduation?

Zook - I'm going to take a few classes at the New Hampshire Technical Institute for a year while I figure out what I really want to go to college for- I have an anxiety disorder which makes making major decisions incredibly stressful for me, so I have trouble figuring out what I want to do with myself.

Terywj - Oh my, I almost forgot about this question: What's your favorite Pokemon?

I eye his Swinub shirt carefully, which only stares back with a slight grin.

Zook - Of course! Well, I'd have to choose Dunsparce. His design is absolutely bursting with personality, his name is very unique, and I just love him.

Terywj - And as you know, the PokeCenter members are working on SmashCAP 3, which is acting as a tribute to you. Your thoughts on that and how it might turn out?

Zook - I didn't think you were actually being serious when you told me you'd do this, but I'm excited to see how it will turn out. Personally, I've always pictured myself with a Ghost/Normal support-role, but a wall-breaking Special Attacker is pretty sweet, too. It'll be cool to show my friends when it's completed.

Terywj - Bringing back some favorites - what's your favorite type of music, band, color, and video game of all time? Quickly, before Kanye interrupts us.

Zook - Indie and folk, Nuetral Milk Hotel, cerulean, and-

Some kid walked by, blasting Heartless by Kanye West out of his earbuds. Zook gives me a look before finishing.

--...Super Metroid.

Terywj - What are your thoughts on the PokeCenter from the 2007-2008 era until now? Where do you think the PokeCenter is headed with its current members?

Zook - I'm amazed by how much the PC has changed in the past 3 years. It's hard to believe that a single thread has basically revived an entire forum. I see the PokeCenter becoming more and more community-oriented as time goes on; with such creative and warm members, I can see the PC becoming a pretty good-sized hub of Pokemon-related projects (such as SmashCAP) in the future.

Terywj - Have you ever met anybody from the PokeCenter or SWF? If so, who, and if not, who would you want to meet?

Zook - I haven't yet, but I certainly would like to. The members I would most like to meet are Meta-Kirby and Firus.

Another kid walks by, and I can discretely pickup Ween from his iPod. Like a lightbulb, I remember something for my last question.

Terywj - If you could have lived in an old world civilization, which would you choose and why?

Zook - Hmm, that's a tough one. Probably pre-Columbian America, because its culture would be so drastically different than ours. That, and I have a yearning for the simple life.

Terywj - Thanks for doing the interview with me, Zook.

Zook - Not a problem. He smiles.

We fold the chairs and put them against the stand and we part our separate ways. Before I leave though, I asked Zook one final question. "Zook!" I call out. Zook turns around, "Hm?" I point at his shirt, "Swinub?"

Zook flashes me a thumbs-up, and gives me a very Captain Falcon worthy "Yes!"

As I boarded the bus back home, a man handed me a slip of paper that was drafted for me. I unfurled the paper, and read aloud: Zook always wins.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Tery said:
Hm...

Also, heads-up: Writer and I will be doing the joint-interview with Firus, our next interviewee!

-Terywj

Mewter

Smash Master
Woah! That's neat.
I found out that if I hop the border I could probably be in Roacherman's backyard by sundown. :p

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright, back on topic...you guys can feel free to submit via PM questions you have for Firus to me or Writer.

Just don't send us the same questions.

-Terywj

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Was that sarcastic, Tery? Because I thought you lived in Hong Kong... no offence (it doesn't say that any more in your location, though).

Cool interview, as usual. I'm still mad at myself I couldn't submit a question, but these will do.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um...wrong thread? What does thish ave to do with the interviews?
He posted something (dunno what) and realized it was an obvious question, a stupid statement, something of the sort and decided to edit it out and replaced it with that picture.

Top Bottom