• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
so i think ima drop IC's and pick up a heavyweight character, the other mike says i should go snake and just dacus and ftilt until i can utilt them, sounds solid! haha but seriously prob just stick with diddy/marth for now, just no more IC's

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
2000th reply?

DIing MKs Dthrow is amazing. I always mix up my DI and try punish follow-ups by anticipating them and reacting to them. Experiment with it; it's very satisfying. =D

Edit: No 2000th reply for me. ]=

:005:

T-block

B2B TST
lol you're not gonna be able to do anything to MK after a d-throw unless the MK's ********

d-throw puts you in a bad position, and MK in a good position - that's all there is to it.

Limeee

Smash Champion
lol you're not gonna be able to do anything to MK after a d-throw unless the MK's ********

d-throw puts you in a bad position, and MK in a good position - that's all there is to it.
you can still get out of the **** QQ

just tell mike how important it is to DI throws (or everything) such as falcos D-throw, cuz for now, he told me he only DI's kill moves, and nothing else.

he will believe you cause your smart

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well of course DI'ing everything is important, but no DI = 1 option of DI. If you DI the same way every time, then it's the same as not DI'ing every time. Make sure you mix it up always, which means sometimes no DI is a good choice.

T-block

B2B TST
you actually can't DI falco's d-throw because it doesn't put you in the tumble animation, so there's no need to there =P

but yeah... DI'ing allows you to influence your position, and if you can choose between positions you should always choose the best one. mike knows this - he's just trolling you =P

Limeee

Smash Champion
Well of course DI'ing everything is important, but no DI = 1 option of DI. If you DI the same way every time, then it's the same as not DI'ing every time. Make sure you mix it up always, which means sometimes no DI is a good choice.
exactly my point, but he doesn't mix it up, he just never DI's
you actually can't DI falco's d-throw because it doesn't put you in the tumble animation, so there's no need to there =P

but yeah... DI'ing allows you to influence your position, and if you can choose between positions you should always choose the best one. mike knows this - he's just trolling you =P
you can DI falcos dthrow you just have to
believe
be at a certain percent

and no he doesn't

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
exactly my point, but he doesn't mix it up, he just
never
always DI's amazingly

you can DI Dolphin Slash falcos dthrow you just have to
believe
be at a certain percent **** him up the bum

and no yes he does
n't
those were some gg's jamie, now hurry up with ur hw so we can play more

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
can someone please convince my brother (mike) how important it is to DI everything? he's telling me that di'ing MK's down throw does nothing

wtf...
im down

pfft DI is for people who want to win... oh shi-

also hoorah grab release to spike on jamie's MK and counter's left and right oh man it was sick i felt like i was jack for about a minute and a half
Omg Post 2000

EDIT:
@mike even though i beat you like 10 times in a row, GG's tho, that match up is tough for marth if you wanna win
Do you guys live in the same house?
And talk to each other here on swf? O__o

I know, random question lol
But I've been wondering for awhile now.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Do you guys live in the same house?
And talk to each other here on swf? O__o

I know, random question lol
But I've been wondering for awhile now.
yes, yes we do, and now im helping jamie with his LA by telling him about homosexual obese hamsters

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
if you're snake you can dacus out of it though ^________^
if you're frame perfect ekanS can dacus out of IC's chaingrab ^________^

also mike you should change the venue location on the first page from 711 to 559\

Edit: also everyone i've had a HUGE craving for brawl lately, anyone want to get together this week/next, im down, and i'll coax pyre and lime into it also

Limeee

Smash Champion
alright guys, i think mike is going to be a breakout player sometime

i've been seeing mass improvements in his marth, today he's learned the MK match up, a little more practice and he'll have it down

his diddy kong on the other hand is really homosexual and he should feel ashamed for using him

EDIT: good night

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
alright guys, i think mike is going to be a breakout player sometime

i've been seeing mass improvements in his marth, today he's learned the MK match up, a little more practice and he'll have it down

his diddy kong on the other hand is really homosexual and he should feel ashamed for using him

EDIT: good night
man i wish you could like posts on the forums, like you can do to them on facebook, i would use it for that post hands down

Frio

Smash Champion
Mikes marth, diddy, and PT won't live upto his olimar. His Olimar will just come in a wreck people. Oli rep ftw.
EDIT: whoa wait. Asian or white?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
We talk to each other on Facebook, and Smashboards, even though we all live in the same house (FOR NOW).

We're lazy as hell, lol.

Good stuff though, DDR-Azn-Mike. Your Marth is definitely getting better.

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
The people I've actually talked to about going are Kyle (yama or some ****), Monty(Zeriph) and possibly 1 to 2 of the Addley twins. Basically the plan's hinging on Kyle driving, and the amount of people who are down to come is kind of hinging on how much festing we get done within the next ten days. I know of a few scrubs who would probably be down to come if they actually got some practice in.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Lethbridge is bailing on RPS again.

However, seeing that May 2nd is a Melee tournament, I'm considering going solo by Greyhound and it only costs me about $64ish.

So I may be going to RPS, but the other guys won't be.

TheCresent

Smash Apprentice
if you're frame perfect ekanS can dacus out of IC's chaingrab ^________^

also mike you should change the venue location on the first page from 711 to 559\

Edit: also everyone i've had a HUGE craving for brawl lately, anyone want to get together this week/next, im down, and i'll coax pyre and lime into it also
someone host lol

brningpyre

Smash Lord
someone host lol
I can check into us (Super Hensel Bros.) hosting sometime next week. It'd have to be on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday (aka, April 28, 29, or 30), as exams end on Tuesday.

We would have one Brawl setup, two big-screen XBox 360 setups, and room for like, 12 more Brawl setups that people could bring. Xbox 360 setups could be anything from SF4 and BlazBlue, to RockBand and DDR, to hosting YouTube vids (like Link combo videos w/ extra lens flare).

We might be able to do that, but nothing confirmed yet. If anyone wants to go ahead and host instead, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom