• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
how does the best Marth lose to Luigi? TWICE!? The matchup is 70-30 in Marth's favor!!

MikeHAZE will do well in the next one, on another note Chaz did really well, i was impressed!

brningpyre

Smash Lord
ADHD likes to play standing up? Sick~

Everyone's hyping ESAM pretty hard (especially ESAM, himself), but ADHD commented that he thought Anther was way better.

Doubles matches sounded like they were really tight, too.

I really wish we could've seen video of these matches.

(oh, and I meant to type M2K, not MK, but whatever. I'll look like an *** if I edit it now)

Limeee

Smash Champion
Clearly the match-up numbers are wrong, or the players are too good for it to matter. Going by that logic, how did that Marth lose to so many MKs?
your not telling him anything he hasn't already figured out

its just impressive for the best luigi player to beat the best marth player considering the match up

and your second sentence i think you mixed up marth and MK because it doesn't make any sense

Frio

Smash Champion
9? What would we have? FD, SV, YI (brawl), BF, Hal, PS1, Lylat, ? , ?.

EDIT: Do I smell pipes?

T-block

B2B TST
Pipes for starter?

BF, FD, SV, YI, Lylat, PS1, Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino

I am very, very tempted to replace either YI or Delfino with Pictochat though.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
hahahaha **** yeah! Pictochat!

No one likes Yoshi's Island anyways lol

T-block

B2B TST
I'm thinking YI lol... both are "bad" in that they can randomly change the outcome of the match (and it's not obvious which one is more likely to do so), but Pictochat is more "fair" overall.

Delfino can be somewhat polar though...

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
as much as i love pictochat i just don't think it's a neutral, there's so many good ways to use the stage against ur opponent if you have a good grab, castle siege and delfino are ok I GUESS, but i think just 7 starters like wat we have now is best, there's no need to change it just cuz we can

Frio

Smash Champion
Delfino shouldn't be a neutral .The water really changes everything and fuks stuff up. End of arguement >__>

T-block

B2B TST
Mike, the idea behind the change is to better reflect MLG rules.

Besides, barring D3 (who can take advantage of walls as well as stage hitboxes), one grab on Pictochat isn't actually all that devastating. Only 5/27 transformations (Plant, Spikes, Arrows, Missiles, Cart) could actually significantly impact the match if you were thrown into them. It's better than ****ing Yoshi's Island >=(

Mark that's a terrible argument =P

Limeee

Smash Champion
delfino is not a neutral stage

it has walk offs, walls and water, which can **** over many characters

its just not a a "neutral" stage

still like the idea of 9 neutrals
1. BF
2. SV
3. Lylat
4. FD
5. YI
6. Halberd
7.Castle Siege
8. PS1
9. pictochat

Frigate? Delfino?

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
better reflecting MLG rules is a good idea, MLG has put brawl on the front stage by including it as an event and will attract ALOT more attention to the game now, however, i don't think we should just blindly follow them.

That being said, they do have some interesting ideas (especially the expanding a BO3 set to BO7 if two players are playing each other a second time, continuing from the results of the BO3 set, i like that one alot). I'm just not convinced that the 9 starters they have is a better idea than the 7 we have now.

edit: nm about the expanding the set thing, it's a stupid rule now that i think about it

T-block

B2B TST
Don't worry, I'm not blindly following them. I really do believe that 9 starters is better than 7 (11 is better still), for the same reasons why 7 is better than 5.

Frigate is an interesting choice for sure, but I'd give the nod to Delfino or Pictochat before it. I'm fine with Pictochat over Delfino...

Limeee

Smash Champion
Frigate would be an amazing neutral stage.

You could say it sucks for olimar, but the 2nd transformation is crazy amazing for olimar, he can just camp under that platform.
There are NO hazards.
the stage flipping is easily avoided with STAGE KNOWLEDGE (lolcolin), and overall, its just fair. As fair as halberd, castle siege, and picto chat, if not more.

EDIT:
new list IMO

1. BF
2. SV
3. Lylat
4. FD
5. Frigate
6. Halberd
7.Castle Siege
8. PS1
9. pictochat

Alphicans

Smash Hero
A very... Interesting argument from Jamie lol. The platforms on the sides come in more often than YI's ghosts, and change the match out come just as much. Frigate over YI for starter does not really work out lol.

T-block

B2B TST
It's not just Olimar lol... anyone without a good recovery is hurt by Frigate, kinda like in Port Town. I agree with everything you said except for when you called Frigate fair... it's don't think it's more fair than Halberd or Castle Siege.

EDIT: Luke I thought the platforms come at regular intervals?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I think that if we are going for a 9 starter list than we should add Delfino and Castle Siege, but I personally think we should just stick with what we currently have.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just because something is regular doesn't mean they don't randomly change the out come of a match. It just means I can't complain about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom