• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd happily experiment with this idea myself. Have the PR-ranked players seperate off with either the non-ranked players or newbies that want to learn more about the game and be coached through it. Problem is we don't know if people will really stick around or not. Cause we've tried welcoming new people in the community, but we just don't see them much.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I'm up for it, I got last at Vancouver so I team with Luke right?
On that note, seeing as I got the same spot, wouldn't that mean I team with Jack?

P.S. Because of BF3 coming up, and with how dumb my motherboard is (HP version of an old ASUS mb, meaning it has no BIOS updates that allow the AM3 processor that I just bought to work), I am now going to be building a new comp. Wish me luck.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Not this Friday, 'cause I am still reeling from the BC trip and not having any week to rest in pretty much all of September.

Maybe next Friday, but probably on October 14th.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
P.S. Because of BF3 coming up, and with how dumb my motherboard is (HP version of an old ASUS mb, meaning it has no BIOS updates that allow the AM3 processor that I just bought to work), I am now going to be building a new comp. Wish me luck.
I'll add a second GTX 580, just to spite you. SLI that ****.

Btw, I've started uploading the Phoenix vids. Doubles Loser's Finals (the first match recorded because nobody ****ing hit "Record", and I forgot >.>) should be up in half an hour.

Subscribe to that channel, por favor.

http://www.youtube.com/CanadaBrawl

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Fun thing about the new processor I got: Seeing as I can't use it in my Motherboard, I decided to just use the in box heatsink/fan on my old processor, and holy **** is it silent compared to my old one.'

KillLock

Smash Lord
Alright, well. If MK will be officially banned in January, I say we ban him from our events starting this tournament.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Let's take a vote for this coming tourney. I think that's the only fair way to do it, instead of Mike and myself saying he's legal just because.

Jack has expressed a vote in favour of following Unity. I vote against it.

1 in favour of the MK ban.
1 against the MK ban.

Please vote now.

Nov+ tourneys will use the full Unity ruleset. This vote is just for the coming October monthly.

T-block

B2B TST
It's a little sudden. My intention was to have October be a transition, and then based on community feedback, we look into instituting the ban for November.

You guys are free to run your own soft ban for October.

Can someone PLEASE pick up Toon Link? He's gonna be good now =)

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
It's gonna be interesting to see how they change the character ranking, man marth is gonna be even better now!

I vote we allow MK for october, this is kinda sudden and with barely over 2 weeks before the tourney it doesn't give much time for people to adjust and pick up new characters.

KillLock

Smash Lord
you make a good point, actually. 2 weeks isn't nearly enough time. I guess we should be voting for november then.

lilseph

Smash Ace
YES FINALLY! Might get back into this game again. I've kind of been waiting for this ban to happen for quite awhile now.

Limeee

Smash Champion
diddy is bad

just shield his bananas

woooo
i try that, but sometimes its super inconsistent. sometimes the bananas hit my shield and then just drop in a weird way, and bananas can trip you from seemingly impossible ranges away.

basically with wario and diddy, the only way i get damage is from sick up air reads and grabs, which are kind of reliable but not to kill.

diddys fortress under a platform is incredibly gay, using utilts and fairs and running grabs whenever you give him the chance
also the fact i can't land anywhere on the stage because bananas cover every landing options QQ, and if i somehow stall with something like a double jump or cypher or bike or whatever, then he can either just wait or jump out at me

MAJOR QQ that is horribly worded so everyone will think im a scrub

:009:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm against Meta Knight being banned.

Not until I can beat Alvin. I'm so close and I want to prove that I can beat him using his best. Even if the ban has him move to another character that he makes his best.

Cathy

Smash Cadet
I'm very surprised that Meta Knight is actually being banned, but I suppose that's a testament to my limited activity on these forums together with my lack of skill at Brawl. It's also a bit surprising that the vote was unanimous (with one "abstention" apparently).

Yoshara

Smash Lord
he yosh we should get some mvc in sometime k?
I would be all for that, if (almost) every penny of mine is gonna be going into building a new comp, so I can't afford XBL Gold right away.

On the topic of MK: If anyone has talked to Jack about it, I pretty much share the same reasoning as he does for why I think MK should be banned.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Jamie just pick up Snake. He has an advantage against Diddy IIRC and you used to main Snake anyways. Go back to your roots i say :)

Frio

Smash Champion
wow wtf, he's officially banned? So weird....

EDIT: NO ONE CAN **** WITH THE BUCKET NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom