• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I'm in favour of the 15th, since I won't be able to go on the 1st (my birthday), or the 29th (Halloween weekend), and that works for people with midterms (Luke, Mark, the Twins, Ash, the Mikes, etc...).

I'm going to try to make an attendence push in time for our next monthly. I'll post more on this later, but I was discussing some of it in BC, with Jack and Tinaye.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I'm in favour of the 15th, since I won't be able to go on the 1st (my birthday), or the 29th (Halloween weekend), and that works for people with midterms (Luke, Mark, the Twins, Ash, the Mikes, etc...).

I'm going to try to make an attendence push in time for our next monthly. I'll post more on this later, but I was discussing some of it in BC, with Jack and Tinaye.
woooooo, go keith! wanna play brawl right now?

MeSSi

Smash Ace
keith, can upload my matches with felix and blunted? i dont know if they got recorded, but i played them both on the livestream. i wanna see wat i did wrong against felix especially.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
keith, can upload my matches with felix and blunted? i dont know if they got recorded, but i played them both on the livestream. i wanna see wat i did wrong against felix especially.
I will as soon as I can, but I've still got to finish the last monthly's vids, and upload everything. Hopefully, I'll have everything up by the end of the week.

I'm still hella tired from the trip, but I'll see what I can do.

Congrats Luke, you are now nightmare fuel.

:005:
You're coming up with johns to dream about Luke.

Mike, can you please book the room for the 15th as soon as possible? I need to confirm the venue room number before I put it out on anything.

Frio

Smash Champion
Forgot to give a shout out to the fat guy who farted on Mike in public while we were at BC.

Frio

Smash Champion
I should let Mike explain. But it was the loudest and most wet sounding fart I've ever heard in my life.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I think this explanation needs to be in fine detail IMO. Don't disappoint Mike!!!

Oh yo Keith, I'm happy you're setting up your wifi as well, it'll be a great way for you to improve, you'll just have to be tolerant with it at times. You can play me anytime, my msn is in my profile if you want to play some.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Oh man, I gotta get in on this wi-fi stuff, oh wait I left my last Wiimote at the venue. Oh well, guess I need to get $25 together for a new one.

P.S. Kieth, when do you want me to pay you back for my portion of the gas fees, and how much is it?

Frio

Smash Champion
lulz she stopped talking as soon as I took out my Chinese. I saw the "wtf are you doing look" on Mikes face.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Hey people, this is an idea I was thinking on in the past few days. Hear me out on this,
for the last Star Craft tournament "Little Big" they seeded players by their online rank
and placed people at a certain level in a round robin pool while the lower ranked players got put in there own.

The best possible players would be matches with the lower ranked possible players as partners (for us in marvel this would be like Jack luke and Dan being teamed with people who go 0-2 in tournaments). Their wins/losses would coincide with each other.

I thought it was a ****ing stupid idea and wouldn't work, but it actually worked out better than the normal tournament format. The casuals players would get input and coaching from the better players, because they don't want to lose.

More "new" players got involved in the "community" aspect of Starcraft 2 instead of the competitive aspect. So whether or not they want to become competitive or whatever, the scene as a whole got more notice

Another thing I've seen with them is with streaming, they get together at Over klocked gaming and watch the stream and play at the lan center during the stream. They meet up weekly to form a Edmonton team and train those players up.

All that combined tells you something.... They are doing more as a community to progress things and to appeal to their casual players than the regular tournaments. That's what you gotta do smart imo. Work from the ground up, with the people first.

When you hear the word "Tournament" you think of competitive players and a really hard challenge. If you play games seriously then this is fine for you, but if you are turned off by the idea or don't feel your good enough then your not going to even bother going.

This is just what I seen in the SC2 community and thought I'd share it here, maybe we can use some of what is being done there to make the fighting game community that much stronger.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind trying this idea, though I don't see most of our power ranked players being in favor of it, especially the ones the make money often

T-block

B2B TST
it works a lot better for starcraft than in brawl imo

the effect that coaching can have in brawl is a lot less than in starcraft

still a cool idea though

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Yeah... I guess I just have this idea for community growth and try to see what I can do to help all the other communities.

On a side note, (while its along ways a way) In January there is a smaller version of animethon called "Tast of Animethon" I am going to be running the games room there this year. I've talked them into giving us a larger games room some tv's (not many mind you) and letting me talk to potential sponsors to get some prizes and money for the event. They usually get about 1,500 people to attend... So this could really be a good chance to advertise for the scene in a big way.

Also the venue wont be as insane as Animethon's its only $10.00 for venue.

I'd also like to pitch this idea to you guys, I can (or you guys doesn't matter) have a flyer for your monthlies ready to hand out at the event as well. This way you don't need to have people saying "hey join smash boards, then look for the rps thread and your good" but instead just here is where we play this is the date of our next one, here take this piece of paper.

Also you guys need to get a facebook page.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom