• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
ok. so here is the situatuion with our room:

we only have the room booked from friday onwards. which means that me, kelvin, ash, and jack DO NOT have a room on thursday night (when we arrive). The people listed in mike's room list can stay in our room from friday onwards.

we phone the hotel everyday to see if there is a cancellation for thursday night, but so far nothing has come up.

So, the worst situation that can come from this is that we:

1. either find a motel or something close to the venue for thursday night and check into the actual hotel on friday
2. the people listed under our room will be split amongst the other rooms (including me,jack, kelvin,ash)

Again, we are phoning everyday and asking for cancellations. this mess could get cleared up tomorrow but, for now, it is probably best to prepare for the worst.

lol. i am probably making a big deal outta this. let me know what u guys think

T-block

B2B TST
I appreciate the effort, guys. Glad to hear they're good for Friday on.

10 people in two rooms, huh? I'm gonna ask in the G2 thread to see if there is anyone who can spare space for one night.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just a bit of info on this Friday:

Well, seeing as my cat Nibbles just passed away, I have been contemplating whether or not to still host this Friday, but I think I still will, because it will help me move on. The only reason I know this, is because back when I was 13 my first cat Kitty passed away, and even though I was sad my dad told me to go hang out with my friends so I could cheer up a bit, and from what I recall it did help.

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
Lol, sorry about that, forgot I set a color like months ago so it was still black.

BlackxGrey=awesome n00b. Quit hating and go back to 64

Limeee

Smash Champion
oh yeah i was gonna get david to post for me but he musta forgot

anyways, sorry to hear about your cat stephen :/ my friend is going through the same thing but with his dog. **** sucks :(

but yeah spending time with people is the best way to get past it

im down for smashing anytime, still learning to play with tap jump on, and ive been getting a little practice with keith
anyone got tips for wario against metaknight, keith was having wall problems, and i didn't know what to suggest i just spam ****

:009:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's a terrible match-up :/. MK outranges wario really hard, and zones him out like no one's business. The only thing I can suggest is to use more bite, use bike at really unexpected times and just overall be more unpredictable with your approach. But honestly, bite is an amazing move, and should be used more!

Also try your best to bait a nado when you have a half waft, then **** his ***.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
oh yeah i was gonna get david to post for me but he musta forgot

anyways, sorry to hear about your cat stephen :/ my friend is going through the same thing but with his dog. **** sucks :(

but yeah spending time with people is the best way to get past it

im down for smashing anytime, still learning to play with tap jump on, and ive been getting a little practice with keith
anyone got tips for wario against metaknight, keith was having wall problems, and i didn't know what to suggest i just spam ****

if u aridodge at the right times while he nadoes, u got some free grabs and punishes. patience is key in this MU. i don think its that terrible of a MU.

o and thanks for looking into getting us a room mike, appreciate it.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just a reminder: If you want to come to my place tomorrow, let me know so I can PM you my address.

Also to anyone who is planning on coming over, the times that I will be hosting are 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So I'll be taking the same flight to San Fransisco as everyone else, so is it possible to get a ride with anyone to the airport? My parents are gonna be out of town, so is Grace, and idk if my bro can do it.
... Ahem

To clarify that's the 7:30am flight leaving from Edmonton. I also posted in the Genesis group.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I'm leaving at 7:30am too.
on Tuesday
Playing 64 all week, Dan?

were leaving at 1 30pm. cant help sorry
Twins, you guys are taking a separate flight from everyone else? Dammit, this was going to be so well coordinated!

... Ahem

To clarify that's the 7:30am flight leaving from Edmonton. I also posted in the Genesis group.
I don't know if we'd be able to give you a ride, but maybe. More likely though, you could catch a ride with Brandon, since he'll have to pass by near your house anyways.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just gonna say, I am thankful to everyone that came over to my place today, and I am happy that everyone had a good time.

P.S. Also I am glad that I was able to have more than enough room for both Brawl and CS2, with each game having it's own section of the room.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Super fun smashfest, thanks for hosting Yoshara. Learning to play with tap jump on is pretty hard, but I think im learning at a pretty fast pace.

Jack - Thanks for the million games of practice. LOL I think I've played against you more than I've played against Keith. Yeah i'm improving :) .
Stefan - Thanks for hosting again, your so close to us its super conveinant. Next time we meet be ready for my new marvel team of Wolv/Shulk/Someone else :)
Kyle - LMAO, my peach dsmash is so ****. We need to marth ditto sometime so I can spike you eighteen times :)
Brandon - Hopefully we can get in a little more practice in before genesis haha. I felt like I was playing super well in our seriouslies. That match-up is so rediculous though. I feel like I would get 3-stocked if it weren't for tornado. Thats the only way I can deal with spin-dash :/.
Keith - Come upstairs and play whenever, rofl.
Ash - Your gay bye (for not coming).

also stefan 2 things,

1. My gamertag is Flame Tide, add me so we can play marvel sometime.
2.How do you spell your name lol. Is it Stefan or Stephen. :/

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, Jamie. You were pretty on-point. I don't think I was fully prepared for it. Good stuff!! And yeah, tornado is really the reason why the match-up is 60:40/65:35 anyway, imo. I'll play smarter next time.

I'll play some more Fox against you too, give you some Fox experience for when we're in Doubles or if you run into one in Singles.

[EDIT]

And massive props to Stephan for being such a kickass host. I'd gladly come again. Too legit!!

Limeee

Smash Champion
rofl drunk luke is hilarious, unless someone is trolling on his account
Jamie Hensel:
lol wtf
you would go and like everything

Luke Aronyk:
yeah botch
that's how i roll

Jamie Hensel:
so umm
is this grace?