• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. Feels like you're actually looking around. It's a fantastic feeling. And in 3D despite the shakiness of it int he first-person view? Aiming with your weapons is SO much easier now. It's so fluent.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm down. I'll be in Edmonton tonight... not sure how much time I'll have overall though.

We should decide on a July date btw... do we want RPS July on July 9? I think it'd be a good idea.

T-block

B2B TST
this is excellent news. interested in popping over here?

btw my msn is being really funny on this comp. dan started talking to me then it glitched - if anyone else is trying i'm not getting your messages lol

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm interested in popping over there. I'm staying in the city overnight anyway to prepare for Smash and BlazBlue.

I'll be chilling with Jack, and I'll just bring him with me wherever we all decide to hang. I'm down!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I CAN HOST TOMORROW. probably just for a few hours

i have three tvs in my basement

is there interest? let me know asap
What time???
If it's around noon then I'll come for a couple hours for sure.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh ok, if that's the case then nvm :p
I probs wouldn't have time to come over unless I somehow get off work early.

Cathy

Smash Cadet
I'd like to come, probably. I can get there for about 6 PM. What's the earliest that we'd be welcome?

I hope it isn't raining...

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
just a heads up for alberta beatdown; can anyone try to bring some fans? yesterday was really hot and if saturday is anything like yesterday or alberta beatdown 1 or adat2, then we'll need some. if carl can pick me up then i'm gonna try to bring mine. thanks

T-block

B2B TST
looks like pre-reg is required for international attendants

does someone mind paying for me? i can pay you back asap at abd2... i figure the fewer transactions the better.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone going to this able to give me (Brad) a ride from Sid's house (this account) I could really use it and nobody offered from alberta thread

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Check out the playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL5FF625A94E736130

S***, no one's posting, so I gotta make another edit:

[collapse=Dear Brandon]
You had asked some video encoding questions before, so I thought I'd answer them while everything's still fresh in my mind.

VIDEO ENCODING TIPS

Program: AviDemux

Video Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
- Encoding Mode: Average Bitrate (Two Pass) - 700 kbit/s

Audio: MP3 (lame)
- Default Settings

Video Container: MP4

For Avidemux, the output filename must not contain spaces! You also have to add the ".mp4" yourself.
(I usually use asdf.mp4, and rename it after it's finished encoding)

One of the main problems I had using it until I remembered, is that the output video MUST start on a keyframe.
What this means, is that if you've cut some video from the beginning (what I did for most vids from this tourney), you must do the following:
1. Go to frame 0
2. Click the fast-forward looking button (6th from the left) to go to the next/first keyframe in the video. This should be between 0 and 15, usually.
3. Click the "[A " button, or press the "[" key. This will mark the video for output from the first keyframe.
4. Click the "Save" icon (or hit "Ctrl+S"). Note that it's the left Save icon, the right one saves it as a 'project'.

The process I have is this:
1. Open video to be edited/encoded (e.g. "GF - SuperBoom vs KillLock")
2. Change audio and video encoding settings (see above)
3. Select areas to be edited out (usually the character/stage select in-between matches, and the start/beginning).
3.a. Do this by setting the cursor to the beginning of the area to be edited out, and click the "[A " button, or press the "[" key.
3.b. Then mark the end of the area you want to edit out with the " B]" button, or press the "]" key.
4. Press the "Delete" key.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each area to be removed.
6. When done with the editing, it's time to encode that video!
7. If you've edited out the beginning of the video, make sure to read the above section on keyframes.
8. Click the "Save" icon (or hit "Ctrl+S"). Note that it's the left Save icon, the right one saves it as a 'project'.
9. Choose an output filename and directory. See above for important notes on filenames.

On my beastly computer (not that beastly, but it's pretty sweet), a ten minute video usually takes about five minutes or less to encode with these settings.
Video encoding is very computer intensive, so keep this in mind. On the plus side, it takes up a fraction of the hard drive space, and doesn't take 3-4 hours to upload to YouTube!

This is a very simple way of doing it, because I'm a noob and don't know better~
If you want to learn some advanced tricks, ask the encoders that work with fansub groups, as they're generally very good.
[/collapse]

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Sooooo..... any smashfests coming up??

Well, seeing as this Friday is Canada Day, I will not be able to host, but I should be able to next Friday.

EDIT: Just putting this here:

Yes, that is Miku, with Sonic, and dressed in a Sonic hoodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom