• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Mike, your laptop is in Jamie's room, in the yellow bag. I'm uploading pics, vids right now.

Hurry up and make that ****ing results thread, Mike! JEEEZUSSSSSS~!

LOLJK, it'll be up when it's up.
(that's what she said)

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Yo guys i'll have results up tomorrow since i just got home, I think I'm done with brawl though, I won't be playing anymore

of course i'll still book rooms for you guys since you kinda need me too

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think I'm done with brawl though, I won't be playing anymore
o
Wasn't expecting that one lol

Also, Mike W, I'm still sooooo salty.
akdjfbsf

.__.

Fun tourney though. Jiggz is a ton of fun to use. In both Melee and Brawl.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol
They were fun matches though so it's all good. But still D:<

I'll get you next time >:[
:jigglypuff:

ƸArcher¤AngelusƷ

Smash Apprentice
I go innocently to my Grandma's....I mean Devil's grandma's, and I come back to see some very strange results, so strange that I'm gonna have to make Devil do some shout outs, even though he didn't go

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wasn't expecting that one lol

Also, Mike W, I'm still sooooo salty.
akdjfbsf

.__.

Fun tourney though. Jiggz is a ton of fun to use. In both Melee and Brawl.
see this is good! Even without a fee people still fight as hard as they can!

Yo guys i'll have results up tomorrow since i just got home, I think I'm done with brawl though, I won't be playing anymore

of course i'll still book rooms for you guys since you kinda need me too
awww mike! this is seriously the worst time to quit!

lilseph

Smash Ace
i guess so. BTW guys i might be on the same boat as white Mike. Brawl is slowing getting less and less fun over the tourneys and this one was no exeption. Nothing against the tourny but i just don't like brawl much anymore.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Melee was so fun lol

More Melee/brawl tourneys please.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I love all of you guys so much bwahaha

mark you should get back into melee. you're still so good! =D

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Man, screw that. Brawl is awesome. Jamie and I will punch Mike for that. Wtf, bro?

Don't think we're gonna have another Melee/Brawl joint tourney, though. It was a gong show.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it went pretty well with all things considered. We managed to finished everything rather quickly, and we had matches always happening.

if we put more time into organizing it it'd be smoother obvs. The new guys seemed to really like it.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
victor is the worst person ever. The only reason it was "successful" was because all events except brawl doubles was free. A tournament should always have an entrance fee and not play out as a smashfest ever.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
victor is the worst person ever. The only reason it was "successful" was because all events except brawl doubles was free. A tournament should always have an entrance fee and not play out as a smashfest ever.
Can't afford the bills now?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
japan doesn't play that way.

and everyone knows you're the only one who really cares about the money. :/ maybe get a job instead of relying on a smash paycheck?

edit: lmao icy. <3

lilseph

Smash Ace
I agree with vic. Notice when Mike asked everyone if it was ok to have a free event Dan was the only one that wanted an entry fee. Maybe a couple others but Dan was the main one. Majority wanted free.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The tournament was a gong show. I think this melee test run was a failure. We need two seperate days like saturday sunday, or have two weeks dedicated to smash, but then that becomes a problem, because that's two saturdays wasted for a lot of people.

ENTRY FEE IS A MUST! The only reason I wasn't saying "yes entry fee!" was because I knew I had to leave. Jack, Brandon, Dan and I all wanted an entrance fee, and it's for a reason. As much as we all hate dan winning all the time, the tournament just isn;t the same when he doesn't stay for the whole thing, or when Jack uses secondaries, or when I have to leave lol. Japanese people are weird and should not be taken as an example, just as an exception.

T-block

B2B TST
No, Dan is right, and I apologize to anyone who wanted an entry fee. The lack of TVs at the beginning really threw everything off - at first there was no way we could have done anything except maybe a doubles bracket with one TV for each game. That's where the thought of no entry fee first came in. We would definitely have had to cut pools, and paying $10 to lose twice in a bracket isn't fun, which was made worse by the fact that there were so many new people yesterday, and Melee players willing to join. I won't deny that joining the two game communities is a rather strong ulterior motive for me. Once we got those extra TVs (big <3 to those of you who made that happen) a real tournament was a very real possibility, but I opted to leave it free for those reasons. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the right thing to do, but things were chaotic, and I was sick and not thinking straight.

That's my reasoning - don't bother arguing against it because I'm not going to defend it. Despite making some people happy, it was a screw-up, and I apologize.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
If thats the case i'm taking this opportunity to quit too. At least, from tourney events. Those new guys were pretty :/ about a regular 10 dollar fee under normal circumstances too. Enjoy your 14 person tourney and jack/luke/dan winning money again guys.

I for one had more fun yesterday then any tourney or get-together we've had since adat2 a year and a half ago. That's what I thought of it. Though the pools were a little messy, we finished earlier than most of the tourney's we've had even when starting several hours late. Keep in mind we were running and entire 25 person single bracket and pools instead of a tinky lowtier/midtier side-event. I also like playing children's video games for fun and I especially like being able to see everyone again, but that's just me.

this province is a bunch of m2ks, except we're bad at brawl.

T-block

B2B TST
That's kinda harsh, Vic.

Most want an entry fee not because they want to win money, but because it drives competition. Shouldn't that be obvious? Don't get me wrong, all in all I had fun too, and everything you said about communities harmonizing etc. etc. - I saw it too, and I loved it, probably just as much as you did.

In any case, there are two separate issues here. Entry fee for Brawl singles, and Brawl/Melee on the same day. Let's remember to keep them separate.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
its not so much that, you just get a way bigger attendance. I think a bigger attendance makes a tournament way more fun than a cash prize.

like, i like playing brawl sometimes but not to the point where i'd waste 10 dollars playing it, especially when melee is free and provides me with more enjoyment. Also, when it's free, a lot more of the lower end players and new players will enter too (like myself for example).

maybe it's just me. w/e though I don't really care what you guys do, my opinion shouldn't really be taken into account in the brawl community anyways. I just like meeting new people and I met a lot of cool new smash players today who coincidentally happen to be in engineering as well so I suppose I'm satisfied with the last melee/brawl joint tourney.

Edit: You can't say that people weren't trying. We're all going to be trying hard because we're all competitive people. That's why we're attending these tourneys. That's what separates us from being casual players. There's so many people who will never place money as of yet but are still trying their hardest, in both games. Melee hasn't had a attendance fee in ages but that doesn't mean i'm not trying to beat carl or that i'm willing to lose to david or ron or whoever. We all have too much pride to lose, under any circumstance. That, in my opinion, is the driving force behind our efforts. NOT because of a cash prize. Maybe it is for people who are guaranteed the cash prize, but w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom