• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
yup, u don't even need to legally own the system, just the games
Not quite. This depends on the particular emulator.

If it uses a copy of the original system's BIOS (like ePSXe, for example), then it is still illegal to own the emulator, and quasi-legal on the ROM side if you have the discs (not sure if the PSX started to use copy-protection during its later years - bypassing that is illegal).

But emulators like ZSNES don't use the original system's BIOS, so the emulator is legal. And if you own the cartridges, that's quasi-legal as a backup (depends on the country, though).

Don't know where Project 64 fits into the picture, though. We still have our N64, and it still works, so I never bothered with it.

I thought it was hilarious when I found out a couple weeks ago that ripping music off your CD's and onto your computer/MP3-player was illegal under Canadian law. A minister discovered that the music collection on his iPod was illegal despite him owning all the physical albums. Glad that got changed quickly; copyright law is ******** these days.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Luke and Maiko's money match set is up, for anyone that wants to check out the JAPAN stage list in action.

(I'll give you a hint, it favours Diddy)

Part 1
Part 2

Luke's 'sad-face' at the end is hilarious.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
On the subject of Smash on saturday. Strangely enough, for once, I am busy with something on a saturday. I am heading out to Morinville with my family for thanksgiving that day (my brother's, wife's family live there).

EDIT: I love how ghetto our recording setups are. I mean, who needs a capture card, when you have a camera? Not only that but our commentary is pretty pro too. We all know that the best commentary is from random people just happening to talk near the mic/camera.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
I think I'll go to Vancouver...

When do we hear from Ash?
BC TRIP UPDATE

omg. ummm ash told me that he had this interview for a business project that like only 8 students get chosen for.. the UofA gives these 8 students like a lot of money to research the market. so basically he gets free money from the UofA to practice in the real stock market. but, in order for him to be successful in the market he would need to do research before he invests any money. anyway..... he will hear from his various profs if has been chosen by friday.

i also have plans arranged to book a rental car, i will book the rental car online tomorrow or friday. but when we go to pick up the rental car on the morning that we leave, keith will have to sign for all the insurance stuff since he is driving.

more to come....

lilseph

Smash Ace
same have already seen it. Tagers was epic as hell. I hoped v-13s would have been better though.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
oh man i would so be up for heading down to east coast, it's the one part of canada i've never visited

and dan has to come and play against ally!

MeSSi

Smash Ace
BC TRIP UPDATE

prepare for epic post.....

1.so me and ash just booked the rental vehicle and i have some new money figures and estimations to share with u guys. ( i will know on friday if ash can go)

2.we will pick up the vehicle on friday morning at 6am-7am, so everyone has to stay at keith's or something close to the airport. the vehicle will either be a van or a large size SUV. the car seats seven people.

3. the rate of the vehicle is $489.59 for the entire trip, this is the cost of the vehicle without any hidden costs but taxes are included. therefore the rate per person is about 70$ (69.94$). there is already insurance on the vehicle. and to avoid paying anymore money we would have to fill up the vehicle right after we pick it up on friday morning.

Money needed for the trip per person:

1.car rental= 70$
2. food= 50-75$ (at yur discretion)
3. tourney entry fee= 25$ (doubles, singles, entry fee included. if u wanna do MM's then bring more)
4.gas= 260$/7 ppl= 40$

TOTAL $$$= 210$ (if u want to eat 75$ worth of food)
TOTAL $$$= 185$ (for 50$ of food)

EVERYBODY MUST GIVE ME THE CAR RENTAL AND GAS MONEY (in my hand) BEFORE WE LEAVE. I WILL COLLECT THIS MONEY AT THE SMASHFEST AT KEITHS THE DAY BEFORE WE LEAVE ( 70$ + 40$ = 110$)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sounds good to me. And Mark, I can't take my car for this carpool. My Mom doesn't want me taking it for a long distance like going to BC. It's a beat-up old car that was used out in the farm before I bought it and it's running into a couple of problems.

If a second carpool could be made that WOULD be pretty cool but my car wouldn't be accessible.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
mark never makes up his mind, but ah well, i wouldn't be able to go newayz, i'll probs be at the smashfest though, what day r u guys leaving again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom