• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
We have, like, 400 extension cords and power bars, btw. I just keep forgetting them.
Dude, you should make a huge thing of cords and power bars and see how far you can get.

Then have it lead to the TV two feet away.

T-block

B2B TST
After a healthy dose of Super Smash Brothers with Jack and Darren, Mike and I said our farewells as we trodded towards Mike's car. Upon safely storing the television and Wii console in the back seat, Mike, realizing that he had left his jacket in the house, went back inside. I took my seat shotgun while waiting, but I was approached by a middle-aged man from the bus stop. He knocked on my window, pointing to a sheet of paper in his hand. I opened the door.

"Hey brother, could I borrow your cell for a second there? I'm lost and I'm trying to find this place and I wanna phone this lady here."

Apparently, something about that didn't sit well with me. I'm not sure why, but I told him I didn't have a cell phone on me, but I asked him for the address of the place he was trying to find. 8720 149 St. It definitely wasn't more than a block from where we were, but I couldn't tell him exactly where it was. Just then, Mike re-emerged from the house. Unable to warn him about anything, I watched as he was asked if he had a cell phone for use. The next five minutes were spent dialing a number and receiving no response. He then pulled out his own cell phone to check that the number is correct, quickly explaining that he had no minutes left on it. I took a little bit of comfort in the fact that I had not offered my cell phone... but not much, considering we were still in that situation.

We arrived at the conclusion that phoning this woman was not working. He explained that he was actually from Camrose, and that he needed to pick up this woman to drive her to the airport. However, since he had no way of contacting or finding her, he would probably head home. He then brings up another request: having driven to this intersection in search of this woman, he had run out of gas, so he asked if we could spare any gas money. He offered collateral, saying he had a $200 tool in his truck.

In my mind I stood up, pointed at him and yelled OBJECTION. I asked him how he was supposed to drive a woman to the airport without gas. He paused.

"What was that?"

"How were you going to drive her to the airport without gas?"

"Well she was supposed to give me money for gas, but I can't find her."

Mike gave him $5, but he said that was nowhere near enough. At this point there was really no part in us that believed him. After a few more minutes of rejecting and apology on our part, accompanied by more attempts and offers of collateral on his, we were finally able to drive off.

We spent the rest of the car ride wondering whether his request was legitimate... whether there truly was anyone waiting to get to the airport... whether his cell phone truly was unable to place a call... whether this address 8720 149 St. even existed.

Well... 8720 149 St.

KillLock

Smash Lord
omg mike

there's been a guy around here trying to scam people, except he's been saying "Hey my car is locked and I left my key's in it, I don't have any money for *whatever* so would it be possible if I could get 10-20$".

the guy had went to my mothers friends house not to far from us, near west ed, came to our house as well, even the neighbors, and the next day me and my brother went and did some family poker, walked back home(not a far walk from where we were) and the same guy confronted us with the same scam.

he's mixing up his game!

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
PRETTY **** POST INDEED JACK

brawl > melee johns aren't legit - if you play both regularly you should only need a few games warmup

edit: LOL hey mike - http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Edmonton/Bonton-Bakery/5872674.html

five dollars well spent
I don't like switching between the games because my muscle memory gets messed up quite frequently and that input buffering bull****.

Melee to 64 isn't THAT bad, but it still affects me because I have to get used to another controller lol. Shine cancel to jab is very problematic for me when switching to 64 from melee. Brawl to 64 on the other hand ****s me all up. So, I think going from brawl to any other smash game will mess you up the most since that buffering ****.

And well, you gotta think about different spacing too between the games. This stuff takes way more than a few games to get adjusted guys. I'm not entering that free melee tournament because of this, whenever that is.

T-block

B2B TST
fair enough dan... guess none of us are ON YOUR LEVEL

nah vic, it wasn't as obvious as i made it sound in the story. i myself would definitely have never given up $5 though >_> mike's just too nice =P

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I ran into a guy in Ontario who just had to get money for a taxi so that he could see his sick mother in the hospital. I called BS on his story, and then saw him again a week later, spouting the same story.

What a ****. I really, really hate people like that. Mike, you shouldn't feel like you have to give him any money, even just to get him to go away. That's how *******s like that get paid.

When I worked at a liquor store, I had to deal with even more BS - from kids without ID, and hobos begging for change in line, to *******s trying to lift booze. Mofos all pissed me off, but at least I didn't get held up.

AAAAAGGGHHH~! I feel better after ranting now. Anybody wanna smash this weekend?

LOL yeah right. you only icon cloud and sonic you homo
Weeaboo + furry covers everything.

Edit: *sees Luigi x Mario* kk, sorry. Weeaboo + furry + ghey.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
'Cause Brandon's a pretty cool guy. He spin dashes and doesn't afraid of anything.

Aaaaand, 'cause I thought he could take a little teasing~

4srs I <3 you, brah. No homo, of course. I'm gonna be in Spruce Grove tonight, btw. Maybe we can play some Blazblue later in the night?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry for being lame like that. I've just been used to teasing for a lot of my life (bawwwww wtfever lmao), so at times it can get a bit grating. Tbh though I'm aware of the fact that I make it too easy sometimes. :p Don't worry about it though. I just need to man up anyway. Somehow. Or something. idkwat.

You're a wicked friend man, throwin' that 4srs back at you. What time will you be in Spruce? I work from 5-9 tonight, should be home at around 9:30 at the latest. I'm at Boston Pizza if you wanted to stop by even. lol

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Ha ha ha~! LOL, man~

I might just stop by BP's - I'm goin' to play Poker at a friend's place at 7pm. Dunno when I'll be done, though. How late you gonna be up?

And, do you have the 360 copy of BB, or the PS3 one? I'll bring my stick over to your place.

Also, forgot about the Starcraft and Blazblue tournies this weekend that Jamie wants to go too, so prolly no Smash on Saturday/Sunday for me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I plan on staying up for quite a while. We could play Smash/BB/do whatevs. Hell I even play Poker too if buy-ins are allowed or something.

I have the PS3 version, but if you want to play on the 360 variation, I can use the 360 controller.

[EDIT]

New song to slap into mah Brawl copy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUylFjeQg5o&feature=related

Take that, FFVIII's Don't Be Afraid orchestral.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
luke's just taking out his sexual frustrations on mark since david has been ignoring him on a daily basis

lilseph

Smash Ace
<3 ITG. I was never a big fan of DDR, maybe its because mine was for the ps2 and i had a ****ty *** mat. But ITG at C.C. was soooooo fun.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
i was always a fan of DDR it's wat i grew up on! although after a certain point the songs get too easy or just plain ridiculously tiring and stupid

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
itg is ridiculous and fun! someone should play with me sometime.
Hey Dan. I've got a job. I need a way to lose weight and fast (wanna be 160 or something pounds again); when I've got days off and am game for it when you are, I promise you some ITG.

[EDIT]

BB with Keith last night was hella fun. He kept on screwing up my Astral combo though with his **** bursts. lmao Good on him.

17,000+ damage...****ing broken. XD

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
*****in new tier list, haha, there really wasn't anything surprising on there

except marth not moving up, marth should be 2nd right behind brokenknight

also lol at maiko just barely being out of being able to use PT in low tier and ganon having his own tier just like MK

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I love how Ganon technically moved down in 2 different ways; one, he has his own tier now, and two, the inclusion of Zelda/Sheik moving him from 37th to 38th. ^.^

Also, Yoshi at the very top of low tier is fine by me. Moving up to mid-tier is looking very likely if Yoshi mains can get some better results...

:008:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom