• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" - A ROB forums compilation video.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 0
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 0
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "R.aping O.rganic B.astards: A ROB Compilation Video" ~ 0
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1
* "Professor Hector's Marvelous Killing Machine" ~ 1

* "I'm not your (Robotic Operating) Buddy, pal!" ~ 0
* "Beatings Ex Machina" ~ 0
* "Who wants a Hug!?" ~ 0
* "Digital Destruction" ~ 0

My two choices...

Sudai

Stuff here
Man, you guys suck at this. You were supposed to copy + paste the most recent one. lmao.

* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 3
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 1
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "R.aping O.rganic B.astards: A ROB Compilation Video" ~ 1
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1
* "Who wants a Hug!?" ~ 1

That's the most recent tally. I guess I should have said copypasta the lates count and sprinkle on the spice known as your vote. XD Still bold the one you're voting for and what not, but yeah, copypasta the most recent tally.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 4
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 1
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1

copypasta with some alfredo sauce.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 5
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 1
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1

can i make a write in? i wanna submit "Binary Beatings: Mechanical Murder" instead of a second vote

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 6
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 1
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1
* "Rise of the Machines" ~ 1 - new submission

Sudai

Stuff here
* "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ 6
* "Robotic Skillz" ~ 1
* "borg sex" ~ 0
* "It's Gyromite!" ~ 0
* "ROBOT!" ~ 1
*"Binary Beatings: Mechanical Murder" ~ 1 new submission
* "Rise of the Machines" ~ 1 - new submission

Most recent. Gah. You guys need to vote for somem ore similar things. The title I came up with is the only one with multiple votes. HArd to have a run off that way. D:

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but for some reason, I really wanted to do the 2 part vote. I guess if the leading name is more than double any of the other names, I won't bother doing the second vote.

Sudai

Stuff here
omfg at that clip, JCaes. OMFG. XD Too good.

As for getting in touch with the pro ROBs, I was planning to soon. I've been hella busy lately, but yeah. No johns.

VOTES CLOSE IN LIKE....8 HOURS.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
To be fair he's just entering the competitive scene, not exactly a top-notch Zelda ... yet.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice

Bandit

Smash Lord
To be fair he's just entering the competitive scene, not exactly a top-notch Zelda ... yet.
It'll get there, just expect more vids soon showing vast improvement Robbonites.

Also, I like the name choice for the compilation vid. It is definitely a cool project you guys are putting together here.

Boom!

Sudai

Stuff here
It'll get there, just expect more vids soon showing vast improvement Robbonites.

Also, I like the name choice for the compilation vid. It is definitely a cool project you guys are putting together here.

Boom!
Glad you like it and I'm glad to have support from people outside the ROB community too. Hopefully this'll be done within the next few months and we can spread it all over the intarwebz. : )

Sudai

Stuff here
OS has said that he doesn't mind if people submit clips of him, he won't be actively looking through his clips, however.

I also contacted max, HugS, and SoloSHADOWROB. Any other big names that don't frequent the boards that I'm missing?

I'll be sifting through my clips later this week so expect a bunch to go up soonish.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
consider Aphex Twin's "54 Cymru Beats" for the music. its got a good intro for title and credits, its techno-ish, yet not too overwhelmingly repetitive like most techno, and has enough break-beaks that timing flashy kills and nice combos should be nice and easy. I'll try to check up on this thread when i get home from work and can get an MP3 of it for you.

EDIT: also, i have a clip, its not too awesome, its a shot of a weak laser bouncing off the windmill in Pokemon Stadium 1 like 3 or 4 times before hitting a kirby. if someone wants it, PM me a FC and a Wii code so i can send it to you, then you can capture it with a card :)

So, I actually watched the clip again, and realized that it's not even a weak laser, its a strong one that pushes kirby into a fsmash.. the rest of the video kinda sucks as it was old and I was new at ROB, but if you take the clip out of context, it could look like it was intentional lol

Sudai

Stuff here
HugS said:
Sudai said:
Hi, the ROB boards are currently in the works of producing a large scale video to show off some of the more prominent ROBs in the community. Link

I'm sure you have a lot on your plate as of late, but I was curious if you'd be interested in being in this video as well. If you'd rather not go through your vids but still want to be involved, just giving your permision to use your clips in the video would enable other people to submit clips of you, so yeah. Just figured I'd fill you in some and see if you were interested or not.
I give my permission to use my vids. I have been busy lately so i would be unable to do any work myself.

Good luck.
HugS permission granted as well. Sadly his PM box is full atm so I couldn't respond to give him a proper thanks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Whoopee, more pros that want us to do the work for them...

We should start a list of volunteers and what blocks of vids they're volunteering to look through. Overswarm has a lot of vids in the video thread so realistically it's gonna need to be split up if we plan to look through them.

I'm not gonna volunteer to look through any vids right now (very busy starting a new job), but I imagine I'll probably end up looking through some later on.

Sudai

Stuff here
The way I see it, I really don't want to include anyone that's not willing to look through their own clips. If people want them included though, I'll do it, but don't expect me to look through other people's clips or even organize people looking through other people's clips.. >_>; [/douchedai]

RECOVERY

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I wholeheartedly agree, but right now there haven't been enough clip submissions for a 10 minute or longer compilation video. There's a host of untapped potential in these vids that they don't want to look through themselves. Maybe you could ask them if there were any awesome moments or particularly crazy matches that they can remember off the top of their heads? I dunno. But I really don't wanna go hunting through their vids...

Sudai

Stuff here
I'm sure someone'll get bored enough to do it. I was expecting the clips to roll in slowly anyway. In all honesty, I wasn't expecting to start working on the actual video until christmas time or so.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just bought my new computer case since my new motherboard doesn't fit my old one. I should have my computer back up and running soon. Then I'll start ripping some vids of me I have on VHS.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
The Humans Are Dead-Flight of the Concords would be a pretty good song to use for any part of the video

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Sudai, check your PMs.

I'll also look through the rest of my vids and recommend anything good I think you could add.

Off to the movies, at the moment.

I don't know if this has been suggested (knowing the awesomeness of the ROB boards, it probably has) anything by Daft Punk might be fitting.

Sudai

Stuff here
Tons of daft punk suggested. :p

Nothing new in my PM box, Maxx.

My E drive just failed..which means I just lost a **** ton of my original clips along with 100gigs of music and 250 gigs of anime...Sad Sudai. :/

Sudai

Stuff here
Ergo Proxy is the most recent one I watched and it was ridiculously awesome.

Uhm, here goes.
-Clanned
-Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and Ni Kai)
-Zero no Tsukaima (3 seasons with slightly different names)
-Tsubasa Chronicles
-Hunter x Hunter
-Elfen Lied

I'd name out more, but this isn't the place and I don't have all of my anime on my laptop anymore.. D: I forget the names of most things unless I can look at it. XD

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, since these are the R.O.B. boards, I shall suggest the two best robot animes ever:

Giant Robo
Big O

They were both done mostly by the same production crew and borrow from some of the same works thus share some aesthetic similarities, but they are very very different and very very awesome.

Giant Robo, in particular, is like...the most epic thing you will ever see. You are physically exhausted by the end of the seventh episode and just go "holy ****, I can't believe I just saw something like this".

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Tons of daft punk suggested. :p

Nothing new in my PM box, Maxx.

My E drive just failed..which means I just lost a **** ton of my original clips along with 100gigs of music and 250 gigs of anime...Sad Sudai. :/
I was referring to the fact that I give permission to use any of my clips. You guys didn't have to ask... <3

Also, I knew that Daft Punk would already have been suggested. The ROB boards benefit from a hivemind of sorts.

More also, if you haven't already, you guys should watch Karas. It's my favorite anime; the first scene in the first movie gets me all revved up.

Top Bottom