• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" - A ROB forums compilation video.

Sudai

Stuff here
So a few members of the ROB boards decided it was time to make a "combo video"(we all know there aren't so many true combos in brawl, but I digress) of ROB mains and skilled players. We are planning this project as a fun thing to do, but I also feel it's a good way to raise awareness of what the ROB players, as a community, can do in and out of game.

The Plan
The plan thus far is to collect what YOU as a community believe to be some of the best ROB combos/highlights and some of the moments of purest ownage out there. I want this to be as much of a community project as possible. So after we get a good number of clips in, I'd like the ROB boards to take a vote of their favorite clips as well as music.

We obviously need some things for this to work:
  • A NAME
  • the ownage clips
  • the music
  • the duration of the video (Length doesn't matter now!! We can thank DRaGZ for that! : D <3 DRaGZ)
  • the instalulz/bloopers
  • the other stuff I haven't thought about

I want this video to showcase true skill against skilled players. Unless its a truly outstanding combo, or ridiculously funny, I don't want to see you FAir pushing CPUs or noobs for three minutes who never airdodge or DI. It would be especially satisfying if you could include matches with awesomeness against higher tier characters the likes of Snake or MK.

I want to see AWESOMENESS.

Also, I would like suggestions for some good ROB related music, as well as other non-related music that would be adequate for an upbeat video and a blooper section. Sad to say, ROB kind of fits a techno vibe, but if anyone can find something that would fit well and be easy to synch our highlights to, I'd love to see them. </3 most techno.

The Process

Currently it's looking like Chibo will be doing most of the editing, but I'm planning to talk to him because I would like to get in on some of the editing actions (if it's not obvious by me making this post. XD)

If possible, I would like to get the suggested videos in their original(non super-youtube-compressed form). The video will be posted on youtube, but I would like higher quality clips so that the quality is does not downgrade even more when posted on youtube. High quality and higher framerate would also be helpful so that there is little or no blurriness if I feel like zooming in on the video, or slowing it down for certain clips.

Closing Comments

This is your video. Start looking for clips, or start suggesting those you already like. If you find some on youtube, try to get the original higher quality ones. Listen to music and synchronize it in your head with some ROB clips, and imagine what songs would go well with the clips. Or even better yet: Make your own super cool ROB moments happen, improve his metagame while we work on this. Funny vids are welcome as well, as I plan on having a bloopers section.

This was all very long, but are you willing to help?

Who's in?

The Goods

Name Suggestions

• "Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" ~ Submitted by Sudai
  • "Robotic Skillz" ~ Submitted by JJR.O.B.
  • "borg sex" ~ Submitted by ipitydatfu
  • "It's Gyromite!" ~ Submitted by ipitydatfu
  • "R.aping O.rganic B.astards: A ROB Compilation Video" ~ Submitted by Stingers
  • "ROBOT!" ~ Submitted by DRaGZ
  • "Professor Hector's Marvelous Killing Machine" ~ Submitted by Shining Blitz
  • "I'm not your (Robotic Operating) Buddy, pal!" ~ Submitted by Shining Blitz
  • "Beatings Ex Machina" ~ Submitted by dan smith
  • "Who wants a Hug!?" ~ Submitted by Technomancer
  • "Digital Destruction" ~ Submitted by ChiboSempai

Highlights Clips

JCaesar

maXXXpower (Yet to confirm the right to use his clips)

soloSHADOWROB

Stingers

Sudai

Bloopers

JCaesar

Sudai

Recovery

Sudai

Music:
Main music

Bloopers Music

Note: If I've found the URL for a specific song, click the name of the song and it's linked there.

Please post suggestions in this format:

[.*]<link>
[.list][*]<comments>[. /list]

without the periods!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Goooood ****, can't wait for this!

I have a music suggestion: Target (AKA Mechanical Man) from Command & Conquer

I'll look through all my vids and see what good clips I can find when I get a chance.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nice. The best I could come up with is "Judgement Day", you know, like in the Terminator movies? I think it might be too obscure of a reference though.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I haven't seen a single R.O.B. video that uses the Gyromite level theme song.

That is a crying shame.

lord karn

Smash Master
The Stampede, from the Lion King. Pretty epic.

All you need is love, The Beatles, playing as ROB runs out of fuel in bloopers.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Name: R.aping O.rganic B.astards: A ROB Compilation Video

I <3 it

Also, Mr. Roboto for Blooper music most definitely.

And uhh

Crap, I need clips

I'll just post every one I can think of here because I'm not sure how good it has to be to get on

Sorry!

Btw, I can get high quality video for some of the ones I'm listing, so if you like any of these just tell me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kFkZtDgf0 2:06-2:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJnms-tYi6k 0:08-30 has a lot of stuff but none of it kills. Bloopers? Idk (Kill is at :44 btw) / 2:45-2:58

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=comeialHZhM 0:40-0:50/2:14-2:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVjfCWEveGQ 2:59-3:02 (minor, but i loves me some killing MKs :laugh:)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
How about just "ROBOT!"

Because R.O.B.'s don't need a ****ing name.

>_>

Or you could choose a name.

Also, Sudai, I was gonna suggest using the actual original version of the song, but the midi version kicks so much ***.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Meh, the only vids I have are my montages. So, i guess ill peruse them and post my fav clips out of that. Also, as soon as I find someone to send replays to who can upload and send them to me... ill get some 'fresh' material. Maybe within the next week or two.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I can upload videos on Youtube of unlimited length. It just has to be under a gigabyte.

Oh yeah, I rolls like that.

Sudai

Stuff here
Updated first post with all suggestions so far. I figured we'd give this 2 weeks to a month (less if we get enough clips in) and then we'll start voting on clips. As for a name, I figured we don't need any longer than until Friday to start voting on names. Any objections to that?

Edit: Also, Stingers, is that you in those vids? I don't know of a Xeno but it says Xeno. I just wanna make sure I give credit where credit is due. :x

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I've got a stack of VHS I need to go through, but my main computer is still down. :(

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Looking through my clips, I don't have many flashy combos into KOs, but I have a ton of sniper kills. Can there be a section of sniper kills?

I was thinking there should be a section of absurd, unbelievable recoveries from the brink of death too. That is kinda ROB's thing. Something like getting spiked a couple times and still making it back from off the screen on the bottom.

You didn't include my music suggestion :( Here's the link if you don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2-89XZTBOE. I can give you the mp3 if you need it.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
"R.aping O.rganic B.astards: A ROB Compilation Video" ~ Submitted by Stingers

wow I love this name

"Robot Rock" by daft punk for music choice

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd love for a ridiculous recovery section to be in there! :o *updates for that*

Also, the clips don't necessarily have to be into a KO. So long as it's awesome. : )

Oh, and JCaes, my bad about missing your song. It's up there now at the very top since it was the first suggested. XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
nice, im glad someone saw that i would help make it and that theres actually some action benig taken for this project. glad to be a part of it. i've been quiet in the rob community lately (WHO ARE ALL THESE NEW PPL lol jk)

i have some awesome clips (many of which u can see in my assistant sensei combo vid on blip.tv) that would work great in this vid. i know i have a side b kill recorded somewhere, but i have no clue where it would be saved lol. iv been using the move a lot recently

il also look around for some music ideas when i get home from work

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Looking through my clips, I don't have many flashy combos into KOs, but I have a ton of sniper kills. Can there be a section of sniper kills?

I was thinking there should be a section of absurd, unbelievable recoveries from the brink of death too. That is kinda ROB's thing. Something like getting spiked a couple times and still making it back from off the screen on the bottom.

You didn't include my music suggestion :( Here's the link if you don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2-89XZTBOE. I can give you the mp3 if you need it.
Holy ****, Tiberian Sun.

Chemical warfare ftw.

Sudai

Stuff here

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That song is from Tiberian Dawn, i.e. the very first C&C.

Sudai, I looked through all my clips and here's what I came up with. Take what you want, leave what you don't.

On a side note, have you contacted some of the pro ROBs who might not see this thread? Like Hugs, Shadow, Overswarm, etc? They probably would want to be a part of this but I think it's best if they look through their own vids for highlights rather than having us do it for them.

Edit: fixed for you Sudai :)

Sudai

Stuff here
From now on, you guys should do me a favor and post your vids in this format:

[.*]<link>
[.list][*]<comments>[. /list]

without the periods in there so I can just hit quote and then copy/paste. :x

Also, Chibo, I'm glad to see you're still on board for this. What editor do you use? Want to make sure we're uniformed.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Believe it or not I still do a lot of work with simple ol' Windows Movie Maker 2 (the version for vista). It's simple but it's really easy to use and gets the basics done. And I've done some custom mods to mine to get speed up and slow down effects and variables besdies 2x and 1.5x. For special effect scenes and bigger projects though, I'm very proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro.

Sudai

Stuff here
Believe it or not I still do a lot of work with simple ol' Windows Movie Maker 2 (the version for vista). It's simple but it's really easy to use and gets the basics done. And I've done some custom mods to mine to get speed up and slow down effects and variables besdies 2x and 1.5x. For special effect scenes and bigger projects though, I'm very proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro.
Alright. I used WMM for XP, but so long as the file types are compatible, I'm sure we'll be fine.

JCaes, I already looked through yours and added most of them to the first post before I saw you edit yours. D: Thanks a bundle though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea wmm in vista and xp are compatible with one another, its just that vista does a couple things differently than xp with organizing clips which is why i mentioned it lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that's me in the videos.

I'm really bad at comboing with ROB :( I'm a chip damage kind of guy

I can combo like crazy with Samus though :laugh:

Top Bottom