• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Robotic Uprising: The R.O.B. Army Engages" - A ROB forums compilation video.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

I think the deciding factor that won me the costume contest was me shaving off the goatee I've had for like 3 years.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You're right Nack, you're still the king of ROB dittos. Too bad you never come to tourneys OH RETURN FIRE!

And who has the autographed controller? How much did you win for getting 9th in tourney? :p

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't know why, but I think you should use the song "Cherry Blossom Color Season" from the first Katamari Damacy OST as the ending credits theme. It's such a sincere and awesome song.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7

Let it be known, that DullRazor packs serious heat... and that serious heat gets da ho's.

or

Take your 'pic'....
c whut i did thar?

Also, I don't see my clips on the maaaiiin paaaaaage, Sudaaaaaiiiii....... *tilts head and says in a childish voice*

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Let us instead talk of how amazing this video would be if it had an all Katamari Damacy soundtrack.

Seriously, the last two games may suck, but the songs from all of the games are awesome.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Go with Dull's first pic, the one with the *****es. The 2nd one looks kinda emo...

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
You're right Nack, you're still the king of ROB dittos. Too bad you never come to tourneys OH RETURN FIRE!

And who has the autographed controller? How much did you win for getting 9th in tourney? :p
We shall see who goes to tourneys this week at hats !

Also 9th doesn't pay anything but the >200$ I've won is enough for now =D

10kanackers

edit: double posted cause I'm still kinda smacked .

Sudai

Stuff here
Alright guys, no more pictures for now. I'm gonna post when I want them. :p

Dull, I was planning to get to yours on Monday after class, but it got replaced by an ex coming into my life and fussing things up triggering the depression state of Sudai's manic-depressiveness.. :/

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
also...dude...Dull...there should be a GC controller in her hand, not your ****ing c0ck. as far as the picture's concerned anyway haha
Wow I didn't even notice that...

Ew

toasty tricked my nohomovision

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
i have a clip, its not too awesome, its a shot of a strong laser bouncing 3 times around the windmill at PS-2 and hitting a kirby into a fsmash.... it would be awesome for bloopers, and if taken out of context could look intentional, when I really just got lucky :D

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
yo Dull, is that the triforce tattooed on your chest?

Yes, and no.
Yes, it is a triforce.
No, its not... THE triforce.

I did some research into it, and spoke to one of my relgion professors who specializes in religious iconography. Turns out it is rooted originally in Pythagorean mathematics as well as far-eastern religious philosphy, particularly the observation that the triangle is the simplest, yet 'sturdiest' polygon and the subsequent parallels drawn thereafter as it pertains to the constitution of one's 'humanity'.

I put that together with a pseudo-Aristotalean approach, primarily the golden mean. Instead of finding the 'mean between virtue and vice' I adopted the idea of finding an overall 'golden mean' within myself. After a bit more research, I found that the characteristics typified by the 'Zelda Triforce' are rather universal, but with some slight variances. Most notable power/strength not only pertaining to physical strength, but determination, strength of character, and devotion. Wisdom, not only pertaining to knowledge, but in rationality, logic, understanding of one's self and one's own emotions, as well as those of others; essentially a 'greater understanding'. Courage, not only as it pertains to valor in a 'physical sense', but in terms of the courage to do what is right, to persevere, etc.

Utilizing the pythagorean mathematics once again, if one part of this 'triangular equation' as it were, were to fail- so does the entiretly. Equally important, is that any imbalance of 'weight' will lead to the same negative circumstance.

So, I didn't want to be a HUGE fanboy and get a Zelda tattoo, but at the same time I did. So, I got it for other, more personally imporant reasons than "I like Zelda'

And that, is the story of my 'triforce tattoo'.

Also, I have an alchemy symbol on my shoulder. It is actually a real alchemy symbol too. (Did research on that as well)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Yes, and no.
Yes, it is a triforce.
No, its not... THE triforce.

I did some research into it, and spoke to one of my relgion professors who specializes in religious iconography. Turns out it is rooted originally in Pythagorean mathematics as well as far-eastern religious philosphy, particularly the observation that the triangle is the simplest, yet 'sturdiest' polygon and the subsequent parallels drawn thereafter as it pertains to the constitution of one's 'humanity'.

I put that together with a pseudo-Aristotalean approach, primarily the golden mean. Instead of finding the 'mean between virtue and vice' I adopted the idea of finding an overall 'golden mean' within myself. After a bit more research, I found that the characteristics typified by the 'Zelda Triforce' are rather universal, but with some slight variances. Most notable power/strength not only pertaining to physical strength, but determination, strength of character, and devotion. Wisdom, not only pertaining to knowledge, but in rationality, logic, understanding of one's self and one's own emotions, as well as those of others; essentially a 'greater understanding'. Courage, not only as it pertains to valor in a 'physical sense', but in terms of the courage to do what is right, to persevere, etc.

Utilizing the pythagorean mathematics once again, if one part of this 'triangular equation' as it were, were to fail- so does the entiretly. Equally important, is that any imbalance of 'weight' will lead to the same negative circumstance.

So, I didn't want to be a HUGE fanboy and get a Zelda tattoo, but at the same time I did. So, I got it for other, more personally imporant reasons than "I like Zelda'

And that, is the story of my 'triforce tattoo'.

Also, I have an alchemy symbol on my shoulder. It is actually a real alchemy symbol too. (Did research on that as well)
The Triforce was actually based on some sort of Japanese folk symbol, much how like Fox McCloud was based on a Japanese folktale fox with a bandana.

So...yeah...>_>

I mean, we are talking about inspirational things from a man that play a banjo, the folksiest of all instruments. He's a man of the folks.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
The Triforce was actually based on some sort of Japanese folk symbol, much how like Fox McCloud was based on a Japanese folktale fox with a bandana.

So...yeah...>_>

I mean, we are talking about inspirational things from a man that play a banjo, the folksiest of all instruments. He's a man of the folks.

Hence the 'far-eastern' part. Folk tales usually wind up with some sort of 'lesson' or whatever at the end, and these lessons, and even the story itself represents the philosophies at the time.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
well theres nothing like having your picture picture taken, half naked, and some chick hand grabbing your crotch. Thats a Keeper!

ummm yeah, those tats are pretty cool nonetheless

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
thats actucally really cool tho, dull. I think tattoos with awesome meanings are much cooler than just random designs, even the epic ones.
If i were to get the tattoo, however, it would be because I am that big a fanboy lol

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Unfortunately, I watched a lot of their live stuff before I ever heard/saw the studio/HBO stuff..........and was very very sad and disappointed with the latter.

As great as this song might have been to me, I unfortunately saw THIS first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64
^brilliant performance. OMFG @ one of the robotic impersonations [don't wanna ruin it though...you'll know which one though]

Top Bottom