• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you still lose to AZ with MK but win with ROB?
I've lost tournaments with my ROB once to AZ and lost with my MK once to AZ. I'd feel more comfortable with MK than with ROB now though; AZ knows the ROB matchup a lot better now, so I have to actually try and do smart things instead of shoot projectiles then glide toss to f-smash.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
idk it's bad but it's not awful tbqh. its 35-65 imo. i mean rob probably won't win but he does have counters to most of mks ****, it just requires mad prediction and a bit of divine intervention
70-30 IMO, M2K will never lose to a ROB, not even Holy. 70-30 is still possible imo, but I know matchups that I believe are 65-35, and MK vs ROB does not compare to them. imo of course

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I hope nobody will kill me for saying this but I can't see how HolyNightmare is so good. /: So hes actually the VERY BEST ROB alive?

Sudai

Stuff here
Me, OS, and JCZ quit (well, OS went to MK, but yeah, lol) so the ROB lost half of its "top level" ROBs.

Ninjalink's ROB is pretty ballin'.

Chibo's link is pretty ballin'.

Stingers has been stepping it up a lot lately.

I can't give an accurate opinion on who's is better between NL, Holy, Stingers, and Chibo as I don't really watch videos and haven't been following the community too much for the past 3/4th of a year. Just going on what I've seen around the ROB boards (mostly tourney results/bracket list posted in the results thread).

According to the LA people that went to *Pound*4, I'm still better than Chibo, but I really doubt that's true considering Chibo was having a ****ty day and I don't think anyone by Hyro from LA played against Chibo?

So yeah, Holy prolly is the top ROB. Even if you don't think he's that amazing, I wouldn't be surprised considering how few "top" ROBs there are and how bad of a character ROB really is.

Oh, btw, I have a -strong- feeling that Stingers will rise to the top of the top soon. Don't ask why, because you all would think I'm crazy if I told ya. :]

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I'd be interested to know lol

I went all PT in my tournament today through winners, got to wfs and got ***** by a meta 3-0. Then in GFs we did MK dittos and it was 2-2 in the first set and I was like ****kk...I'M DOING IT! and went ROB...then I never lost a match :chuckle: (though they were too close for comfort)

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
does ROB have a dacus?

i was messing around with him earlier and i forgot to switch off my dacus tag, and yeah. i think he does, but it doesnt go much distance

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I have a strong feeling I should've posted this in the power ranking thread but I was wondering if ppl who play ROB as secondary (like me) could also have a chance to be added in the power rankings, because my ROB feels SO pro! XD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why? its such a minute difference theres no reason to bother and risk ****ing up and dash attacking lol

the reward gained from the extra pixel is not worth it even if you mess up once every hundred times

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
This is a different tech though. ROB's dacus with that tech will probably around the length of Falco's without the tech if I would guess. It's a noticable difference.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no, its the same as without the tech. all it is is a buffered dacus. you can do diddy's dacus full length without that new method, it's just really hard.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
This is a different tech though. ROB's dacus with that tech will probably around the length of Falco's without the tech if I would guess. It's a noticable difference.
Its the same tech, It sends them further because they're now canceling the dash attack at an earlier point when it has more momentum.

They've only proven it with Falco, Wario, Snake, and Diddy last I checked (probably sheik too)

So far nothing has been found for ROB better than a buffered hyphen smash.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
preferably MisterEric (for beating Hilt) and Chibo Sempai (for beating P~S/Logic)

Could u give me thorough tips on the Olimar vs ROB matchup?
gimp gimp gimp gimp gimp

always grab when you can, fthrow or bthrow towards the closest ledge. fair fair fair fair fair fair predict whistle bair edgehog rinse repeat

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Final Destination in my opinion. From my experience, the best way to disadvantage MK is to not give him any advantages since you can't really counterpick MK.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I like Halberd. Especially for the two things below:

1) You kill earlier because of the low ceiling.
2) You don't get Stage Spiked...

...except for one transformation where it's a little similar to Final Destination, but obviously with a plattform that can help you getting KOs with Usmash, that has more knock back than Fsmash.

When the match starts, camp. Than begins the first transformation where you can continue camping. You can also avoid MK's ledge pressure because of the shark thing; come from the bottom using Uair(example). MK can punish you with Dair, but it won't be as bad as in FD.

It ISN'T a Counter Pick, but IMO it's better than many other stages. And the best neutral is FD IMO.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I hate it and love it at the same time. I hate it because it restricts my camping game more. I love it, however, because my game centralizes off-stage. I'd say half of the time, I am off of the stage and that's where I rack most of my damage (and people despise me for it). I personally don't counterpick it. I always have Frigate, Siege, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat to choose from.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
I only take MK to stages that are easily gapable, its the most sure-fire way to recover.

Halberd works just fine, just avoid PS1/YI and the like.

and DO NOT try to fight MK off stage (much), in the air is where he hard counters you, so be extremely cautious recovering and edge guarding.

TheMike

Smash Lord
I hate it and love it at the same time. I hate it because it restricts my camping game more. I love it, however, because my game centralizes off-stage. I'd say half of the time, I am off of the stage and that's where I rack most of my damage (and people despise me for it). I personally don't counterpick it. I always have Frigate, Siege, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat to choose from.
Yeah. I don't counter pick it very often, too. Frigate, Siege and Delfino are my best options. But against MK, Delfino doesn't work. Frigate and Siege aren't that much comparing to other characters. So, I try to do something different and take MK to Halberd. =)

be extremely cautious recovering and edge guarding.
That's why Halberd is fine. =) If you edge guard, you won't get stage spiked. On the transformation you can, don't do it. And I said about recoverying on my last post.

I like Halberd. =]

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I've started to realize a few things about prioritizing kill moves

against MK, I tend to want to land the Dsmash after about 160 (like my goal is to now get them to 160 cause Nair kills them at like 130, but it tends to be to obvious now and easily blockable. This would allow me to use My Nair more towards ending percents instead of saving it cause usually when I rely on it and it doesnt kill It feels like I just lost all hope :(.

I sometimes find Fsmash more reliable (depending on placement ofcourse). It goes through tornado so yeah, keeping it fresh is cool because I never use it vs mk outside a tornado counter and prety much when I input fail and fsmash instead of ftilt :(

Bair I just don't find reliable AT ALL :(. I rarely try to hit MK's with Bair. I don't even edgeguard him with it (tell me if I'm wrong, PLEASE). I can't intercept him with it cause of effin drill rush :crying:. I've been trying to do what some people have said where the get out from the tornado and while they are abpve it, they Bair and punish the little *****, but outside of that, I find Bair really useless vs MK

Also The mike, you brought up a good point about the Halberd no stage spike. I believe I can CP marth there and shark him + no stage spike, therefore meaning I can try all the gimps I want :D. I was thinking maybe I should try and tech everytime I go for the gimp, but it seems much easier CPing him to Delfino/Halberd. Also nice avatar :p

TheMike

Smash Lord
Bair I just don't find reliable AT ALL :(. I rarely try to hit MK's with Bair. I don't even edgeguard him with it (tell me if I'm wrong, PLEASE). I can't intercept him with it cause of effin drill rush :crying:. I've been trying to do what some people have said where the get out from the tornado and while they are abpve it, they Bair and punish the little *****, but outside of that, I find Bair really useless vs MK
I only use Bair to avoid the Glide Attack as they have the same priority.

nice avatar :p
Ban MK NOW!!!

Top Bottom