• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Q&A!! Read this before asking questions...ALL OF IT!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
haha that's ****ing awesome...I think Okin is trying to come to the Magician's Alliance tourney around Oct 18/19th. We'll have more concrete details soon but housing should be available at the venue [don't think there's an extra charge, at least that's what I'm going for]...I think a ROB-mobile should definitely come through ^_^ Hova and G-Reg may attend again *crosses fingers*, CK is trying to come...and I think he [or someone else?] is trying to get Korn, Boss, and Chozen to come through as well

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185111

toasty

Smash Hero
Anyways, is there anything in ROBs move-list that outprioritizes Link/TL's Dair?
yeah...if you hold shield and just at the right moment you hit left or right on the control stick...or even the CStick, you won't get hit!!!

it's pretty amazing.

hahahaha, naw actually I have no idea :( I always wondered the same thing. I want to believe uair does because that **** eats through almost everything [except DDD's dtilt D:]

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I've had u-air work before at times, and not work others. Same with G&W's key.

Guess you have to hit it just right.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It's not a matter of outprioritizing T.Link's and Link's d-air. It's a matter of getting around that crazily huge disjointed hitbox. Your best bet is trying to get them from the side (I like using b-airs for this).

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Or, you could powershield and u-smash while they hover helplessly above you.

;)

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well that doesn't work on Link since he just sinks right into the floor.

Also, I'd rather just do a safer move that keeps myself out of harms way.

pridy

:]
i need help with falco everytime i attempt to send laser/ gyro an essential part of rob's metagame he ALWAYS shines me any help on this matchup is appreciated

Sudai

Stuff here
I was gonna gonna yell at Philanator2 for not searching..but..he has a Taru BLM in full AF2 as his Avatar....I can't be mad at him. D:

It makes me miss my old BLM that I sold like..three years ago. Sudai on the Shiva server...there's three things I miss about it. My full AF2 set, my Stars Cap (My Ballista team ***** through the other teams on Shiva, then we got man handled in the cross-server matches cause none of us had our level 60 gear when they did the copy to the Test server [which is where the cross-server tournament took place]), and the awesome people there.. Gah, Philinator, thanks for bringing back some great memories. DX

pridy

:]
I was gonna gonna yell at Philanator2 for not searching..but..he has a Taru BLM in full AF2 as his Avatar....I can't be mad at him. D:

It makes me miss my old BLM that I sold like..three years ago. Sudai on the Shiva server...there's three things I miss about it. My full AF2 set, my Stars Cap (My Ballista team ***** through the other teams on Shiva, then we got man handled in the cross-server matches cause none of us had our level 60 gear when they did the copy to the Test server [which is where the cross-server tournament took place]), and the awesome people there.. Gah, Philinator, thanks for bringing back some great memories. DX
finally i meet someone who plays/played FFXI :laugh:

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, ROB is one of the few characters who really should have it off. The things it's good for (usmash/up-B out of shield) ROB doesn't use at all, and if it's off there's no chance you'll accidentally use your 2nd jump when you up-B (which is important, I pretty much always try to save my 2nd jump for last or when I really need it).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Well of course whatever you're most comfortable with is still very important. I'm just saying from a theoretical standpoint, ROB is better off with tap jump turned off.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1rst in doubles, 5th in singles. All MK. Lost to the guys in 1rst and 2nd... almost beat the 1rst place guy, had a decent set with the 2nd place guy.

Have a ROB MM or two, but that's it for the robot. :(

Stupid MK. :\

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I always play tap jump off, I can't stand my uairs getting interrupted by my second jump, often into my opponents aerial.

BTW whatever happened to "reinventing" ROB? And MK? Really? Really?]
Really?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
true, but its still an inconvenience I would rather not risk
Oh well, as a ROB main I have never had a need to use tap jump anyway

Sudai

Stuff here
Tap jump serves two purposed ignoring the "comfort" thing. USmash out of shield, Up-B out of shield. Both of which are still possible, but obviously harder. ROB's Up-B out of shield? Lawl no. ROB's USmash out of shield? Meh, not very useful at all unless your opponent is horribad.

Sudai

Stuff here
I didn't even mention the uses Tap Jump Off does have. :p

Up-B without wasting second jump? Yes please.
Fast UTilt > UAirs? (Holding up > A > X/Y > A, much faster than Holding Up > A > X/Y > CStick-Up) Thanks!

Aside from that..there's really nothing. XD

Sudai

Stuff here
Toasty, if you're used to tap jumping, don't change. The difference it makes for ROB is so minuscule that it really doesn't matter. The -only- reason I got used to tap jumping off is cause I also play Pika and ZSS. ZSS you -need- tap jump off (Up-B and UAir combos) and Pika is a lot easier "combo" and QAC with tap jump off.

Iunno. I'd really say do whatever's more effective for your secondaries. Hah.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
speaking of uptilt's being easier and all, can you uptilt somebody against a ceiling in some sort lock?

seeing that sudai once stated that bad DI (away?) keeps them locked into an uptilt chain, while DI'ing towards pops them out, would ceilings similar luigi's mansion keep them locked in?

Sudai

Stuff here
With a ceiling they'd get hit, bounce off the ceiling, bounce to the ground, get hit again, ceiling, ground, repeat. Two places to tech and plenty time to DI. I imagine following their DI with UTilts would work if they didn't tech or teched in place, but meh, I'd rather just DSmash and USmash in place of UTilt.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
If they miss the tech once you can try to get them in a dtilt lock. That's a fair amount of damage and recharged moves.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
another thing I use tap jump off for is up angled f-smashes. So much easier than trying to angle the c-stick perfectly. You an also change the angle on the fly before releasing the charge.

toasty

Smash Hero
sorry for nitpicking but while it's easier to do angled fsmashes, just an FYI for anyone who doesn't know, you can angle the fsmash while charging even with tap jump :)

but that DOES sound like a good use! hmm...I'm leaning more and more toward it now ^_^ I do tend to screw up Up-___ stuff because of tap jump...hm.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't understand how people accidentally use their second jump before Up+B.

I'm not sure if I've ever done that...

Top Bottom