• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Victory - video four.....FINALLY?!?!?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
***disclaimer***
I rarely make super serious posts, and i want this thread to be very lax however i want this thread to start off in the right direction so please go with me, I promise to try and not give anyone walls of text if unnecessary.

So i think most of you who play this game seriously, even if it almost seems like a far off dream WANT to be a top player. You can imagine yourself pulling off a clutch win, and beating your rivals, or going toe to toe with m2k in grand finals. Even if you cant go to tournaments, or you just play your friends, or you enjoy wifi ladders, I personally feel like to the true competitors in this community, this thread will be and IS for you. This is my dream personally, and I will try my best to show you what I can do.

The feeling of victory to say the least is a great one, and the better I get at this game, the more I pursue the desire of winning. I want to record my experiences in a detailed manner telling everyone exactly what I do, in a hope of 2 things. You guys can help me, and i can help you. We as a community can come together and raise our level of play.

What I am willing to give​

1. As long as I can go above and beyond what my study asks of me (music), I promise to always strive for first place. If i'm getting 3 stocked about to be 3-0ed by m2k I will still play my hardest.
2. Video time. I have a webcam and mic on my computer, and I now own a HD camera capable of taking HD videos.
3. Recordings of how I play and what i specifically aim for in a match. I really want audio commentary for this rather than text.
4. My training schedule
5. What I look for in my tournament match videos.
6. Game theory, inside and out.
7. How i go about studying my matches.

What I need from you!​

1. I'm decent but not so amazing with computers. I dont really know how to edit videos or put things together that well. Anyone thats willing to help me it would be appreciated. Especially regarding editing videos and adding commentary!
2. Help me, if you notice I'm wrong or if I am going about something the wrong way, let me know. Don't be afraid to voice an opinion.

My Youtube channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/OrionSmash?feature=mhum

Orion*

Smash Researcher
also im not particularly sure if this is the right board for this but, i was kind of at a loss, and i care about you guys the most. so yeah, doneskiez

Staco

Smash Champion
2. Video tape my setup and show you my tournament experience. I will be travelling from Holland to Germany by train.
3. Interview as many top or interesting players as possible.

How much are you able to film with your cam?
About the interviews (we allready talked about), I can tell you the names of some interesting people to interview/show you the people right at the tourney. ^^

Orion*

Smash Researcher
2. Video tape my setup and show you my tournament experience. I will be travelling from Holland to Germany by train.
3. Interview as many top or interesting players as possible.

How much are you able to film with your cam?
About the interviews (we allready talked about), I can tell you the names of some interesting people to interview/show you the people right at the tourney. ^^
well im bringing my computer so if i run out of space ill just dump my sd card on to my laptop

i have a 2 gig sd card w. is 8 mins of HD quality film

i may buy a 16 or 32 gig SD card or something later this week if i can afford to, i have to save some money lol (especially since i need some splitters or some way that i can get my wii saves to my computer)

i really want to do whatever keitaro is doing the quality for his tourny was amazzzzzzzing. better quality than the wii can actually produce on a TV its stupid >_>

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww ****.

You might want to invest in an external hard drive for footage, Orion.

Exdeath

Smash Master
i really want to do whatever keitaro is doing the quality for his tourny was amazzzzzzzing. better quality than the wii can actually produce on a TV its stupid >_>
It's going to take you a while if you don't have an excellent PC. Wii emulators are not well-optimized at all.

Except it didn't have sound :(
He'd be adding commentary; he wouldn't want sound on the video anyway.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Awesome and promising.
I'll keep track of this and see watch how it goes. ;)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww ****.

You might want to invest in an external hard drive for footage, Orion.
i have a tetrabite.... i think ill be fine :)

Are you able to run a livestream with your wii + laptop?
i probably can my laptops pretty good but to be honest i dont know how // have the means to

my laptops a

HP pavilion dv6-2150us
w/ a i3 core and windows 7

i definitely need to make more space on my hard drive though i have way to much music on my comp XD

and yeah i would be adding commentary @ DTL, however i always listen to music when i watch brawl vids so i didnt know that ._.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'll be learning from you, as I'm doing a similar thing just today :p Already in the process of buying a domain and getting video hosting up, lol.

I'll keep up with your progress :D

Grump

Smash Apprentice
In a way to salvage an accidental double-post, I shall simply state that perhaps we can share discoveries along the road :bee:

Staco

Smash Champion
We allready got someone who wants to host a stream, but he always says stuff like that and then doesnt do at all.
Like last tourney he was like: I record the videos and upload, but he never did, just one crappy MM vs. my Falco (which I did for the lulz, after winning 3 euros with my 15 minutes olimar against some peaches), so yeah, the orga team and I dont trust him that much.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
if someone wants to show me how to setup a live stream i will get things together before the tournament

anyone good with this kinda stuff?

i also need to hack my pal wii so i can save the replays >_>
(are the plugs in de different to nl? if so i need an adaptor)

edit: if i need to buy anything i want to do it maybe tomorrow or wednesday since thats when im gonna grab a case/tripod for my camera which i forgot to do XD

oh and i should probably get a bigger SD card

Staco

Smash Champion
if someone wants to show me how to setup a live stream i will get things together before the tournament

anyone good with this kinda stuff?

i also need to hack my pal wii so i can save the replays >_>
(are the plugs in de different to nl? if so i need an adaptor)

edit: if i need to buy anything i want to do it maybe tomorrow or wednesday since thats when im gonna grab a case/tripod for my camera which i forgot to do XD

oh and i should probably get a bigger SD card
dont know about the plugs.
wikipedia/google knows it? :p

but yeah, if you dont actually know about how to set it up, then better leave it and dont spend money for it
I maybe should ask ramin, I think he has set up a livestream at his house some time ago

Orion*

Smash Researcher
cant be that expensive ._.

or maybe ramin could bring the wires and we could just do it on my laptop if he wants to iunno. we can talk about it on the eu chat

also im going to make a new youtube account today and try and upload a test video w/ my camera
*cough* after i clean my room >_>

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ill shoot him on aim later and ask. augh this is a slightly slower process than i thought

anyone have ideas for a new youtube account name?

if i dont get anything cool by later ill just call it RoadToVictory lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
noiro

norio

oreo

**** I'm hungry

edit: that's actually funny as **** because you're like polar opposites. you're known for being one of the gayest and campiest players in existence and nairo is like the most blindly aggressive MK I've seen post mid 2009 lol

Orion*

Smash Researcher
youtube account is:

OrionSmash

lol@original names

im gonna try and upload something tonight. itll probably be ****ty but im new to all of this so its just like an introduction and what i want to do

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I love oreossssssssssss
Sorry I just had to throw that out there lmao

Orion*

Smash Researcher
uploading vid now ._.

edit, im not watching to see how it looks or w/e this is going to be super casual and its mostly an intro

but i plan to update this more often especially after the tournament because it will give me some material to talk about ;)

double edit: LOL the whole vid didnt record FML,

/fml

i'll redo it and upload again later T_T

fuuuu

Kasper!

Smash Lord
youtube account is:

OrionSmash

lol@original names

im gonna try and upload something tonight. itll probably be ****ty but im new to all of this so its just like an introduction and what i want to do
can u post the link for the channel in the first post or something cause i cant find the channel :(

p.s id love to see how prepare for tourney's and cope with nerves (if you do :p)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
can u post the link for the channel in the first post or something cause i cant find the channel :(

p.s id love to see how prepare for tourney's and cope with nerves (if you do :p)
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrionSmash?feature=mhum

here

i uploaded a video its not done processing yet though, it shouuld be up soon! :)

i will also be uploading another 1-2 videos tonight hopefully

however at the moment i have class

i will also update the op

Kaffei and P4 i mentioned you *****s

Albert.

Smash Master
sorry for the drama
lets talk about MK
orion
4:50
LOL dont worry about it
it takes my mind
off all my stress

bassclefalbert
4:51
I think my ground game is lacking
orion

bassclefalbert
what are some **** options?
explain Dtilt usage more
I agree that it is one of the best pressure tools in the game
orion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292414

bassclefalbert
If really, not for the damage, but because it closes options and annoys
Orion
ask there and i will make a point to talk abouut it

Orion*

Smash Researcher
about to uploading video 2 soon, then im going to upload a vid responding to kasper and alberts questions after i record it! :D

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Good stuff Orion. Watched the vids they were interesting keep ****ing **** up in Europe.

I do that 99 stock stuff against computers as well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
second vid I can relate to a lot. I play and practice a lot so I think I mostly do that well but I'm stupidly erratic about sleep and am not very healthy in general and I think that's a lot of why I'm very inconsistent, I have a weird work schedule and I think I have a sleep disorder to begin with so it's hard for me to be normal there

other thoughts

agree with you on energy drinks, dunno why exactly but they seem to have the opposite intended effect on me, just makes me feel cloudy and sluggish. tea is good

headphones I'm also split on, sometimes it helps me focus and other times I focus too much on the music and auto pilot really, really hard

I tend to play worse after eating a lot so I usually eat a big breakfast and just snack during the day

any thoughts on the hugs rule? LOL, doesn't seem to affect me either way. actually after day 2 it makes my sleeping issues even worse so that's not good for me :/

Top Bottom