• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree with everything Roller said about 6-7 pages back. I'd really like to see a Japanese style tourney go down at some point.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
YOOOOOOOO D: I don't have Brawl to practice with ;_;
And I got Ocean's ROB as a pocket character, JUST in case I don't feel like sandbagging anymore.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've got everything taken care of with my new place, and I'm ready to start attending tourneys again. Please put me down as tentative, I'll know if I can come for sure within the next week or so.

Kain, Clowsui, or Tech_Chase: would any of you like to team?

Roller

Smash Legend
I totally agree with everything Roller said about 6-7 pages back. I'd really like to see a Japanese style tourney go down at some point.
I totally agree with what Oblivion just said one post ago
If Tech/Ori/Rizk/rsr don't plan one with that ruleset within the next month or so, I'll plan one.

Also hope you can make it KB. :reverse:
Alsoalso. For future/irl reference would you prefer to be referred to as Eddie, Eddie G, KB, etc..?

alsoalsoalso. Tech get on skype. We need to discuss RoS stuff.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
It would be appreciated because I took notes from Scala's Yoshi and I went from there. All I can get, I'll take!

Kel

Smash Master
Aw man, MK banned =(.

I still may come, but only if others from my area are going/ driving. I miss my batball :'(

LOE1

Smash Lord
too many ROB's at APEX
ive only played 1 ROB that can actually beat me most of the time, and thats on AiB

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Kel weren't you one of the strongest advocates of the ban bro? I know the Japanese destroyed our top players and showed an even further evolved metagame to us with MK/non-MK characters alike. Did that influence your stance?

:phone:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Since, this is my first tournament (of my own) post ban and I am URC, I feel I need to run my ruleset as it is. I would definitely like to run Japanese or a more "conservative" variant (with MK legal) in the next month or so if I can. You guys know I like to try new stuff.

I'd also like to try Olimar banned. I think we can all agree he's the REAL issue.

:yeahboi:

I'll edit the attendance list soon. Hope Ohio can make it!

Kel

Smash Master
No you are thinking of Overswarm. I was actually one of the strongest advocates against the ban.

As time went along I realized that the game may not be as bad without him so I'm okay with the ban, but I don't see a real reason to it right now. I was mostly okay with banning him because everyone was adding LGLs to their rule sets.

Right now I'll go to either kind of tournament. I don't care. I just enjoy smash bros. However, I have no reason to go out of my way to travel 6+ hours for a tournament where my main for 3 years is unusable.

My other characters are still in trial mode. They'll be ready soon. I also need to wait and see how many tournaments are actually going to ban MK because as of current the only tournaments banning MK are in the MW =\

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Since, this is my first tournament (of my own) post ban and I am URC, I feel I need to run my ruleset as it is. I would definitely like to run Japanese or a more "conservative" variant (with MK legal) in the next month or so if I can. You guys know I like to try new stuff.

I'd also like to try Olimar banned. I think we can all agree he's the REAL issue.

:yeahboi:

I'll edit the attendance list soon. Hope Ohio can make it!
@~(:0) 10 pikmin.

Top Bottom